England vs Hungary Match Thread ITV 19:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodwell should definately have made the squad, i also think Ashley Young deserves another call up. I know this may come as surprise to most but i think when fit Lee Cattermole could add a bit of fight and steel to England's midfield.

didn't say I was.

yeah and look for how long, Carra came out of retirement when called up for the World Cup?
All Gerrard gets when he plays for England is abuse, because he's not played correctly. He wants to win the PL, so retiring from Internationals will surely help this, make him fresher, less prone to injury, what's he got to win internationally? the nextWorld Cup he'll be around 34, and the Euro's when's 32-ish. Carra came out of retirement for a one off WC appearance, that's all, and he still got slagged off.

All Gerrard gets when he plays for England is abuse, because he's not played correctly. He wants to win the PL, so retiring from Internationals will surely help this, make him fresher, less prone to injury, what's he got to win internationally? the nextWorld Cup he'll be around 34, and the Euro's when's 32-ish. Carra came out of retirement for a one off WC appearance, that's all, and he still got slagged off.

The main problem with Stevie for England is, he doesn't get played in the right place. At Liverpool they build the team around him and what he can do. With England, he's just another piece in the puzzle and I don't think that suits him.

As for retiring, maybe he should. But I doubt he will. He cares too much I think.

On Topic: Glad to see Wilshere in the side as well as Zamora.

In terms of the keepers hopefully Joe Hart will be No.1 now, also glad Robinson got back in he should of gone to to the World Cup instead of Jame and Green as he had a great season along with Hart.

I like Gibbs hopefully he'll get some time, I think he is the best candidate when Cole retires. I'd like to have seen Micah Richards get a look in, he used to fly at right back for England a few years back. Surprised Shawcross wasn't included ahead of Jagielka.

Glad Whilshire got in he was quality for Bolton on loan. I would of picked Rodwell too, as Milner's brain is all over the place with the protracted move to City. I personally wouldn't of included Walcot or Young's. I still think both are good prospects but neither has a good final ball right now and both often run into blind alleys.

As for Zamora, Bent and Cole. Worst selection of strikers I have seen in a long time. Bent deserves a decent shot after consistant goal scoring seasons year in year out. Zamora has had one decent season, I'd of let him prove it in the early season games prior to the first qualifier, as for Cole he looks like a headless chicken when he gets on for England.

So glad to not see Heskey on that line up! Who agrees?

Although why on Earth Crouch isnt in the line up I do not know... Dont rate Cole that highly at all.

Adam Johnson Id love to see step up and perfom as well as Gibbs.

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

I would rather my club win any kind of silverware than my country.

And thats whats wrong with English football.

In all honesty I would sacrifice the European Championships in 2012 and just play youngsters constantly until Brazil '14. And to those who say Lampard/Rooney/Gerrard should be dropped want ******* shooting.

So glad to not see Heskey on that line up! Who agrees?

Although why on Earth Crouch isnt in the line up I do not know... Dont rate Cole that highly at all.

Adam Johnson Id love to see step up and perfom as well as Gibbs.

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

And thats whats wrong with English football.
Heskey's retired...

I am upset to see tried and tested England flops in the squad (Wes Brown, Darren Bent, Carlton Cole), rather than people who need to be given a go (Huddlestone, Parker, Micah Richards, Agbonlahor).

And why 3 goalkeepers? I know it's always been like that, but I don't see the point. We need to look at more outfield players for England, because that was our main problem in South Africa. A waste of a squad place.

Glad to see Zamora, Johnson, Gibbs, Wilshere and Cahill in there, i have thought they all deserved call ups for a very long time.

It's only a friendly, what harm can it do bringing in young/new players?

I'd have loved to see 11 unapped players..

This will be good for Wilshere and Gibbs and hopefully they get to rake in some minutes on the pitch

It would be good for Capello to call some youngsters into the squad, some young blood, because in the end it's a friendly!

Lets just hope all the people calling for change and youngsters in the squad stick by their decision if the performances and results aren't what they expect.

Lets just hope all the people calling for change and youngsters in the squad stick by their decision if the performances and results aren't what they expect.

As soon as we lose one, everyone will be wishing we still had Heskey. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.