England vs Hungary Match Thread ITV 19:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilshere and Gibbs deserve this call up. Theo gets another chance.

Get Lampard and Gerrard out, they do **** all anyway, give someone else a chance..

Very happy about Zamora getting picked though. :)

I was really hoping Frimpong would be called up for this game though, as Ghana will be hot on his tail.

Hope the Arsenal lads, get some game time v Hungary :)

i cant believe that everybody overlooks parker. he preforms concistently for years now and people just forget about him. hes (in my opinion) kept west ham up last season with his determination and comitment and he was in the provisional squad for the world cup and should have gone. fabio should have aleast played him in this meaningless friendly, along with huddlestone.

Damnit, hoping Gerrard would be dropped, he should retire Imo, do a Carra and concentrate on club. Not sure of Gibbs, good for Wilshere though

Last edited:
Why has half the World Cup squad been called up? What can he possibly learn from them that he doesn't already know. He should give more young players the chance, or at least players that don't often feature.

Did you not read on a little bit further, I explain why

so basicly you just want him to retire from international football to focus on liverpool like Cara who came out of retirement anyways?

i dont think Gerrard would do that, Stevie i think is the type of player who gets more enjoyment playing for his county (who doesnt) than club.

You're joking, right?

No, if i was a player i'd certainly enjoy playing for my country instead of my club.

dont understand why your fellow scouse friend seems to think Stevie.G should retire though, "too focus on Liverpool" isn't really a decent reason

I would rather my club win any kind of silverware than my country.

No, if i was a player i'd certainly enjoy playing for my country instead of my club.

dont understand why your fellow scouse friend seems to think Stevie.G should retire though, "too focus on Liverpool" isn't really a decent reason

sorry but its club over country every day for me

Yes, but you're not Stevie G, are you?

Because that's what Carragher did, and Gerrard has the same amount of passion for Liverpool FC, if not more. He loves his club and that's why he performs at a much higher level for LFC rather than England.

Yes, but you're not Stevie G, are you?

Because that's what Carragher did, and Gerrard has the same amount of passion for Liverpool FC, if not more. He loves his club and that's why he performs at a much higher level for LFC rather than England.

didn't say I was.

yeah and look for how long, Carra came out of retirement when called up for the World Cup?

One person he forgot: Jack Rodwell. If Jack Wilshere deserves it then so does Rodwell.

This game would have been good to rest Rooney and have a look at other options. Not only because we need another option (just in case he gets injured / suspended) but also because of his poor showing in the WC; his lacklustre performance the other day (he was blowing out of his ***, tbh); and the fact he was caught smoking and peeing in the street. Maybe he's burning out, maybe he's feeling the pressure -- missing this game would have provided him a little rest from both.

Where's Gabalar? Disgraceful. Should've taken in him, Rodwell, Thuddles, and Parker.

Status
Not open for further replies.