England vs Japan

I don't think Rooney had a brilliant game. Southgate was saying he gave him the MOTM because he was the only creative force in the team/game or trying to create chances.

Based on that performance and the fact Capello doesnt seem to have a scooby doo what his first choice team is England will struggle to make it through the group stage at the World Cup.:'(

U.S.A! U.S.A!

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

I don't think Rooney had a brilliant game. Southgate was saying he gave him the MOTM because he was the only creative force in the team/game or trying to create chances.

Southgate is a **** nosed **** who probably wanted to choose Adrian Chiles as MOTM. Both are as dull as dish water.

i know you like to disagree with me, but there's no need to force it. he didn't have a good game by a longshot.
i didnt force it. he was 7 out of 10, average first half, but he created our only real good chance which lennon should have taken. good second, with joe cole and gerrard, but you expect more from him.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Based on that performance and the fact Capello doesnt seem to have a scooby doo what his first choice team is England will struggle to make it through the group stage at the World Cup.:'(

U.S.A! U.S.A!

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

Southgate is a **** nosed **** who probably wanted to choose Adrian Chiles as MOTM. Both are as dull as dish water.
capello openly said that he would experiment in this game which he did. why do we jump from one hyperbole to the other?

i didnt force it. he was 7 out of 10, average first half, but he created our only real good chance which lennon should have taken. good second, with joe cole and gerrard, but you expect more from him.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

capello openly said that he would experiment in this game which he did. why do we jump from one hyperbole to the other?

I just mean that too me its too late to be experimenting, the last friendly should be your strongest team together to prepair for the WC. Some countries have already anounced their 23 man squad where as Capello is still dicking around and waiting to here about Barry, who didnt have a great season anyay.

one thing's for sure, if he's so determined to take walcott, the lad cannot start. ever. Lennon is twice the player, even when out of position to accomodate him.

Oh one thing to add, i was dying of laughter when honda handballed it

I just mean that too me its too late to be experimenting, the last friendly should be your strongest team together to prepair for the WC. Some countries have already anounced their 23 man squad where as Capello is still dicking around and waiting to here about Barry, who didnt have a great season anyay.
to be fair to capello one of the things he has always been brilliant throughout his career is being prepared. as for barry he's the best player we currently have in that role. he's a pretty importmant player as he lets everyone in front of him play

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Oh one thing to add, i was dying of laughter when honda handballed it
i just cant see how he though he would get away with that

Awful game :S

2 own goals from Japan won it for us, none of the players looked like they could be bothered...

Some of them are obviously so cocky they think they'll get in even without effort.

Thank god for Joe Hart. The others need to take a look at their attitudes.

Two players I would not take. Heskey and Walcott. Waste of time even considering them. If they cant produce it against the smaller nations like Mexico and Japan then they are no use.

if walcott starts against usa there we got a major problem, hes a disgrace, he shud just go and become a 100m sprinter as tht is all he is good for, get lennon out on the right and j.cole on left please fabio!

if walcott starts against usa there we got a major problem, hes a disgrace, he shud just go and become a 100m sprinter as tht is all he is good for, get lennon out on the right and j.cole on left please fabio!

his pace is also disappearing as he tries to adapt, which highlights his inability further.

his pace is also disappearing as he tries to adapt, which highlights his inability further.
too true. he's a pure pace merchant, waddle got slammed for saying he hasnt got footballing brain, but he just doesnt. lennon every time.

its not that he losing his pace, he still has it and you see it in bursts ( time to time) but hes to scared to knock the ball into space n use it, Hoddle was right and the only reason hes in the team is because of what he did against Croatia before for some reason fabio still has faith that he could do it again. Lennon is Englands best right sided player by far to see him starting down the left today wasn't good but once he on right you see the difference between him and Theo straight away.

1st half was poor but alot off positives in the 2nd half. Joe cole,Rooney and gerrard linked up well and should have resulted in more end products. Defence looked rock for most off the game, but their is room for improvement still japan are a well organsed team. Spain struggled againt Saudi Arabia the other day Portugal struggled against cape verde, it's typical pre tournement nearves that's all worrying about injurys etc.