England vs Japan

LewisGD

My spoon is too big.
Reaction score
So tomorrow sees the final warm up game for England before the world cup. We're facing Japan, in Austria. Capello has said he is going to "experiment" in the game, giving some players a final chance to impress.

"Tottenham midfielder Huddlestone and Sunderland striker Bent will be given the chance to impress the England boss against Japan in Graz on Sunday." - I assume he's going to take a close look at Huddlestone to see if he can stand in for injured Gareth Barry, and given Bent's consistent league form for Sunderland, he has a chance to prove himself for country too.

With the final 23 being announced on Tuesday, this is perhaps the most important England game of some of these player's career!

Who do you expect to see playing tomorrow? Who do you want Capello to take? What do you think the final score will be? I think a convincing 3 or maybe 4-0 win for England =)

I'd like to see Bent, Parker, Dawson and Huddlestone play to be honest. Be interesting to see what Chelsea boys he plays. Want Adam Johnson to start.

Be nice to see Inamoto play again :D

I'd like to see Bent, Parker, Dawson and Huddlestone play to be honest. Be interesting to see what Chelsea boys he plays. Want Adam Johnson to start.

Be nice to see Inamoto play again :D

"Chelsea trio John Terry, Ashley Cole and Frank Lampard return after being rested for Monday's win over Mexico."

Source

Joe Hart
Carragher
Dawson
King
Warnock
Lennon
Huddlestone
Gerrard
Milner
Heskey
Defoe

That isn't my likely line-up, that is who I hope starts.

Missing Johnson was a mistake on my part. I would have liked for him to start too.

No Adam Johnson again is a bad move. Theo Walcott starting again? oO) If the Romans produced the same quality crosses as Walcott then Christianity would never have got off the ground.

No Adam Johnson again is a bad move. Theo Walcott starting again? oO) If the Romans produced the same quality crosses as Walcott then Christianity would never have got off the ground.
im just not convinced by walcott, he has pace, but nothing else. he cant even beat his man from a standing start. hopefully johnson gets 45 minutes and blows him out the water

Someone saw England's worst 11 on BBC3 last night :p

Wayne Rooney starts? i no he wants to play every minute of every game but id place a bet on him already on the plane to South Africa. With every game he gets that little bit more tired, unfit, risk of injury. Why isnt he being rested? Would rather see Bent play up top with Defore for todays game but ayeee, what do i no, im only a "football manager, manager" ;)

Wayne Rooney starts? i no he wants to play every minute of every game but id place a bet on him already on the plane to South Africa. With every game he gets that little bit more tired, unfit, risk of injury. Why isnt he being rested? Would rather see Bent play up top with Defore for todays game but ayeee, what do i no, im only a "football manager, manager" ;)
he'll be fine, he's fit, despite waht people migh think, and **** probably play 60 minutes, and then its no game for 10 days +

Possible starting XIsEngland: James, Johnson, Ferdinand, Terry, Cole, Milner, Lampard, Huddlestone, Lennon, Bent, Rooney.Japan: Narazaki, Uchida, Nakazawa, Tanaka, Nagatomo, Tamada, Endo, Hasebe, Nakamura, Okazaki, Honda.

on sky sports news come on england

didnt capello name it yesterday?

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

England team to face Japan:
David James, Glen Johnson, John Terry, Rio Ferdinand, Ashley Cole, Theo Walcott, Tom Huddlestone, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, Wayne Rooney, Darren Bent

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

bosh 1-0, good finish, poor defending