Euro 2016

Hungary 3 Portugal 3

This is the most interested I've been in the tournament thus far

My adopted nation Belgium seems to be finding its feet and starting to find some fluidity in attack at least, their team just has quality all over the park and is real dream team stuff. Been really impressed with Naingollan (sp?) seems to always be 1-2 steps ahead, really like Witsel too have done for a while. Getting into the spirit of my adopted nation and having a few pints Stella Artois/do as your told ;)

HOW was that NOT a peno for Ireland? Absolutely stonewall. Scandalous decision.

Italians getting away with loads as usual.

I actually want Sweden to win so we get N. Ireland in the L16...

Hopefully Zlatan and Co. can do it, though I doubt it, and we'll end up with Belgium in the QF's if we beat Turkey if the Swedes don't win (If Belgium stick as a team, they will go to the Final) if that's the case, which I'm not looking forward to.

For now, the L16 awaits for Wales!

GET THE F IN YOU BIG!

Now go dump the distinctly average hosts out!

Brilliant.

My prediction of Iceland winning is still looking good.

Goal of the tournament right there from Shaqiri.

Picture perfect technique. And the distance. Wow!

Outstanding.

I'm honestly not even mad. Our defense and Fabianski are excellent, but that goal was unstoppable.

Getting well narked with you guys!

6 and a half hours football and Zielinski has played a grand total of 45 minutes! Without Shaqiri's goal that was a waisted watch.

Sort it out! As the resident Pole I'm looking good at you!

Glad Poland went through, but Lewy needs to turn up if they want to go any further.

Glad Poland went through, but Lewy needs to turn up if they want to go any further.

Lewy just does the job that he is given by the coach. It's Milik who messes it all up.

We tried playing Lewy as the main focus of attacks, but it was pointless and cost us Euro 2012 and WC quals. Lewy was always marked by 3 people, and we don't have create midfielders who could find him.

The new coach made the tactical switch, stopped trying to use Lewy in the same way he is used in the club, and we are now in Euro quarter-finals, with basically the same players we had 4 years ago. Off the ball Lewy basically plays a first defender, pressing for 90 minutes like a madnan and makes building attacks against us an absolute nightmare. When he has the ball he basically plays as a number #10, making space for Milik. It worked great in the quals, but he seems to be missing everything in the tourny.

I'ts a pretty clever set up really, working around deficiencies of the team and instead of making everybody attune to the superstar.

Last edited:
Outstanding ball from Bale across the face.

No blame the defender. He had to go for it.

YEEES!

Here we go to the Quarters! Hopefully Hungary will go though, but we can beat Belgium as shown in the qualifiers.

COME ON YOU WALES!

I honestly didn't think it was possible to get more boring than Wales- N.Ireland. Then this came on.

The second half is fixing to be another snooze-fest.

What a cagey tournament. After goaltastic World Cup it's a dissapointment. Although I guess it's a given with Euro being played on a much higher level.

I really hoped that Croatia would proceed. Imo that's Belgium in the finals as they'll have to beat Hungary, Wales and either Poland or Portugal.

Starting to see why all the hype round Sanches now, for a 19 year old the kid plays beyond his years Bayernlook to have a gem of a player there, always is a question of attitude with youngsters, but he certainly has all the potential to go on to world class.