Euro 2016

Starting to see why all the hype round Sanches now, for a 19 year old the kid plays beyond his years Bayernlook to have a gem of a player there, always is a question of attitude with youngsters, but he certainly has all the potential to go on to world class.

He made a horrible foul on Modric tho...

What a cagey tournament. After goaltastic World Cup it's a dissapointment. Although I guess it's a given with Euro being played on a much higher level.

I honestly can't remember a tournament as bad as this that's so bereft of any real quality.

It's been horrible thus far with not one stand out team.

This tournament is anyones.

I honestly can't remember a tournament as bad as this that's so bereft of any real quality.

It's been horrible thus far with not one stand out team.

This tournament is anyones.

For sure. All 5 European World Champions and the teams from continent strongest leagues are in one side of the ladder. And in the other side of the ladder two arguably strongest teams run into each other in the 1/8.

All the European powerhouses are eliminating each other, so hopefully one of the upstart teams grabs their chance, because the draw like that won't happen in many many years.

He made a horrible foul on Modric tho...

Not sure what this has to do with his talent though? That can get coached out of his game, but look at Scholes, for me the best CM certainly of that so called golden age and one of the best of that period he regularly maimed people.

Been a good match this so far Belgium need to tighten up a bit or score another goal to take the edge off this match.

One of Eden's best ever performances. Certainly the best he's looked on the international stage.

Still standing by Wales as a semi-finalist. Just not impressed with Belgium at all.

Poland, Wales, Spain (or Germany if Italy beat Spain tomorrow), and France.

Assuming we get past Iceland, I think we will eliminate France. They have the better keeper, but overall our defence is better, they'll be missing both Rami & more importantly Kante, Pogba has blown mild & freezing so I wouldn't say their midfield is looking better than ours; and both attacks have under-performed but I think they're in slightly worse shape. Martial has been poor, Coman's end product is lacking, Griezmann inconsistent, Giroud and Gignac have been as bad as Kane. We can beat them.

Typical Belgium. Put them up against a **** team like Hungary that stupidly affords them so much space on the counter and they will rip them apart. As soon as they have to face a proper organized team, they will come up short (again).

Typical Belgium. Put them up against a **** team like Hungary that stupidly affords them so much space on the counter and they will rip them apart. As soon as they have to face a proper organized team, they will come up short (again).

Not sure about that. I think this is the first time Belgium actually feels like they have a chance to win and that they finally truely believe in their quality. One good win can really kick start your tournament, especially if you are not used to winning. I hope Hazard and KdB keep playing like this and they should have no trouble to make atleast a goal in 120 minutes against any side, while Courtois is finding form.

But no doubt that the match against Wales will be a lot less exciting since I expect Wales just to park the bus and hope that Bale will do something special.

Not sure about that. I think this is the first time Belgium actually feels like they have a chance to win and that they finally truely believe in their quality. One good win can really kick start your tournament, especially if you are not used to winning. I hope Hazard and KdB keep playing like this and they should have no trouble to make atleast a goal in 120 minutes against any side, while Courtois is finding form.

But no doubt that the match against Wales will be a lot less exciting since I expect Wales just to park the bus and hope that Bale will do something special.

I have my doubts. I have yet to see Belgium put in a performance against a good team. They stumbled their way through the 2014 WC as well. I will gladly be proved wrong though.

Assuming we get past Iceland, I think we will eliminate France. They have the better keeper, but overall our defence is better, they'll be missing both Rami & more importantly Kante, Pogba has blown mild & freezing so I wouldn't say their midfield is looking better than ours; and both attacks have under-performed but I think they're in slightly worse shape. Martial has been poor, Coman's end product is lacking, Griezmann inconsistent, Giroud and Gignac have been as bad as Kane. We can beat them.

I agree and exactly my thoughts, although I'm not taking Iceland as any certainty either, it will be a very tough test for us and we struggle against this type of team as shown vs Russia, Wales and Slovakia.

But if we did make it through to France I agree with your points entirely, that's how I'm thinking. However I still think there one advantage is they still have the players who are capable of producing them magic moments in Pogba and Griezzmann.

I'd fancy us against France, but honestly I am totally shocked they have been favouring Rami over Umtiti, this guy is a great defender and is going to Barcelona. Not sure whether it's a blessing in disguise for them by losing Rami.

I have my doubts. I have yet to see Belgium put in a performance against a good team. They stumbled their way through the 2014 WC as well. I will gladly be proved wrong though.

That was an awesome game to watch, props to Hungary because they played extremely well, Hazard was just on another level though. Be very interesting to see if they can play like that again

I'd fancy us against France, but honestly I am totally shocked they have been favouring Rami over Umtiti, this guy is a great defender and is going to Barcelona. Not sure whether it's a blessing in disguise for them by losing Rami.

I'd say it's probably because he and Koscielny are both left footed, whereas Rami is right footed

I'd say it's probably because he and Koscielny are both left footed, whereas Rami is right footed

I thought that LVG philosophy didn't really exist in other managers needing both defenders to be different footed.

I am actually more excited for Italy/Spain than England, something just excites me about full on **** mode Italy vs this Spain team that has looked good in flashes but are barely out of second gear

I am actually more excited for Italy/Spain than England, something just excites me about full on **** mode Italy vs this Spain team that has looked good in flashes but are barely out of second gear