December 2021

OFF TO FRANCE!!

france-flag.gif

View attachment 353907

Nantes have come calling. I expressed interest in the Bordeaux and Marseille jobs but they were 'laughed off'. So instead I settle up at Nantes who sit rock bottom of the Ligue with only 5 points! I'll have a fight on my hands to save them from relegation nevermind winning the league. That could be a few season away. Should be a good challenge though :D

View attachment 353908

SeasonClubLeagueNationPositionCup(s)Europe
2012/13MirandelaSecond DivisionPortugal1st3rd Rndn/a
2013/14MirandelaSecond LeaguePortugal3rd*5th Rndn/a
2013/14EstorilPremier LeaguePortugal6thn/an/a
2014/15EstorilPremier LeagePortugal5th3rd RndEL Playoff
2015/16EstorilPremier LeaguePortugal4thWinnersEL Playoff
2016/17EstorilPremier LeaguePortugal3rdRunners-up/ SemisEL 2nd Rnd
2017/18BragaPremier LeaguePortugal3rd*6th Rnd*EL Group Stage*
2017/18SportingPremier LeaguePortugal1STWinnersCL Quarter Final
2018/19SportingPremier LeaguePortugal1st*n/aCL 1st KO Rnd*
2018/19SevillaLa LigaSpain6thQuarter Finaln/a
2019/20SevillaLa LigaSpain1STWinnersEL Runners-up
2020/21Sant JuliaFirst DivisionAndorra1STWinnersn/a
2021/22NantesLigue 1France---

That time in Andorra may have damaged your reputation!

Some challenge to avoid the drop.
Still plenty of games left so I'm fairly confident. If we do get relegated I'll stay with Nantes one more season to try and get promotion

2021/22 End of Season Update

W4NKER LEADS NANTES TO SAFETY!

Sitting bottom in December with no wins and only 5 points it didn't look good for Nantes but W4NKER to the rescue! After a slow start we shot up the table and ended the season in splendid form.

View attachment 354028

View attachment 354027

Going to be tough to challenge for the title though. Lots of debt and already over the wage budget. Will have to sell to buy in the summer.

Going to run a wee experiment with this save. Will use Instant Result with Rock Classic tactic and see 1) How we perform with the assistant running the team and 2) How quick I can process a season without watching the matches

2021/22 Mid Season Update

UNEXPECTED LIGUE 1 LEADERS!

After saving Nantes from relegation last season when I took over realistically I was aiming for top half finish and maybe a good cup run. With the debt at the club I knew we couldn't really improve the squad either.

In fact we had to sell players and ended the window with a £1m profit.

View attachment 355371

We did manage a few signings, most were free backup players but two are ready for the first team...

View attachment 355368View attachment 355369

and both helped us storm to the top of the league, despite being one of the media favourites for relegation.

View attachment 355372

View attachment 355370

Our form has pushed PSG off their perch and manager Didier Deschamps is increasingly under pressure. I'm undecided whether to apply for the job or not if becomes available..

Last edited:
2021/22 End of Season Update

CUP GLORY!

Our blistering start to the campaign couldn't last and a horrible February/March period saw our unexpected title challenge fall away.

View attachment 355430

However we did manage a top 4 finish, only missing out on Champions League football on goal difference.

View attachment 355431

More positively though we managed to win the Coupe de Ligue after an epic battle with Bordeaux, a fantastic achievement given our exceptionally poor finances compared to the likes off PSG, Lyon and Monaco

View attachment 355429

In late February Marseille also came calling. At the time I was still in with a chance of the title with Nantes so I delayed an decision until the season was over. I must now make that decision...

View attachment 355428

They returned with the job offer at the end of the season (bigger budget ;)). £10m to spend and £1m a week wage budget. Much bigger than at Nantes so I'll accept as a more realistic chance of claiming the title

View attachment 355453

Haha! 10m is a little better! Shame to see you leave Nantes, I was looking forward to the Europa League. Did they set "initial budgets" before you had left?

Haha! 10m is a little better! Shame to see you leave Nantes, I was looking forward to the Europa League. Did they set "initial budgets" before you had left?
Yea, £14m transfers but wage budget was much less than Marseille. I got the Nantes board to upgrade training and youth facilities just before I left though - a leaving present!

Completely random, but how do you get staff responsibilities on the Classic game?
Thanks.

2023/24 Mid Season Update

TIGHT AT THE TOP!

After bailing out of Nantes with the lure of a bigger overall budget at Marseille I expect to compete at the very top of the French league this season from the off... And so it proved thus far.

Table:

View attachment 356174

Results:

View attachment 356175
View attachment 356176
Can we hold out and claim the French title?? Unlocking France opens up a few options for my next move - Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland or Italy..

2023/24 End of Season Update

EURO GLORY!!

160px-Europa_league.svg.png

We started the Europa League right at the beginning of preseason in the early qualifying rounds and it was an epic journey but we eventually brought the trophy back to France, claiming my first European trophy

View attachment 356684

Sadly however we were just pipped to the French title by big spending PSG.

View attachment 356683

View attachment 356682

Perhaps with a good transfer kitty next season and the lure of Champions League football we can find that one or two players we need to dislodge PSG and claim the title.

SeasonClubLeagueNationPositionCup(s)Europe
2012/13MirandelaSecond DivisionPortugal1st3rd Rndn/a
2013/14MirandelaSecond LeaguePortugal3rd*5th Rndn/a
2013/14EstorilPremier LeaguePortugal6thn/an/a
2014/15EstorilPremier LeagePortugal5th3rd RndEL Playoff
2015/16EstorilPremier LeaguePortugal4thWinnersEL Playoff
2016/17EstorilPremier LeaguePortugal3rdRunners-up/ SemisEL 2nd Rnd
2017/18BragaPremier LeaguePortugal3rd*6th Rnd*EL Group Stage*
2017/18SportingPremier LeaguePortugal1STWinnersCL Quarter Final
2018/19SportingPremier LeaguePortugal1st*n/aCL 1st KO Rnd*
2018/19SevillaLa LigaSpain6thQuarter Finaln/a
2019/20SevillaLa LigaSpain1STWinnersEL Runners-up
2020/21Sant JuliaFirst DivisionAndorra1STWinnersn/a
2021/22NantesLigue 1France13thn/an/a
2022/23NantesLigue 1France4thCoupe de Ligue Winnersn/a
2023/24MarseilleLigue 1France2ndQuarter FinalEL Winners-
2024/25MarseilleLigue 1France---

9 points is quite a gap concidering you were first at one point. Were PSG just that good or did you throw it away? I expect you'll win it next season regardless :)

9 points is quite a gap concidering you were first at one point. Were PSG just that good or did you throw it away? I expect you'll win it next season regardless :)
PSG won every game from November to end of March so they just edged away from me. They beat me at home 1-0 somehow too because I absolutely battered them!

My star Brazilian CB has asked to leave and Man Utd have bid £32m so I'll sell him and buy a top class striker to win games for me like the PSG one above.

I'm going to use the tactic u posted to me yesterday. Any OIs and particular training I should do?

PSG won every game from November to end of March so they just edged away from me. They beat me at home 1-0 somehow too because I absolutely battered them!

My star Brazilian CB has asked to leave and Man Utd have bid £32m so I'll sell him and buy a top class striker to win games for me like the PSG one above.

I'm going to use the tactic u posted to me yesterday. Any OIs and particular training I should do?

So my reputation is on the line!

Everything like that is left to my staff, so far they have done me proud.