Europa League Final - 18/5/2011 - 1945 BST - Porto v Braga

Status
Not open for further replies.
HULK, 10 MINUTES AGO

«Renovei até 2016 e, se renovei, é porque vou ficar. É como diz o presidente Pinto da Costa. Se me quiserem, têm de pagar», afirmou Hulk.

TRANSLATION: I signed a new contract until 2016, and i signed it it's because i want to stay. It's like the president Pinto da Costa says... If you want me, Pay it (the 100m release clause)

Talk of Varela possibly a transfer target for some big clubs too. It would be nice to see more of James Rodriguez, and Iturbe is a ready made replacement. It's looking good for Porto though, as Hulk is near guaranteed to stay and Falcao wants to prolong his stay too. Rolando is the most likely to leave, and will need replacing, but I think it would need to be a big offer for Fernando to leave. I wouldn't be surprised if there was interest in Alvaro Pereira too, he's been quality in every game I have seen this season.

Unfortunately, I don't think the club are in a position to refuse £25+ mil bids, so it may be in the hands of the respective players

Talk of Varela possibly a transfer target for some big clubs too. It would be nice to see more of James Rodriguez, and Iturbe is a ready made replacement. It's looking good for Porto though, as Hulk is near guaranteed to stay and Falcao wants to prolong his stay too. Rolando is the most likely to leave, and will need replacing, but I think it would need to be a big offer for Fernando to leave. I wouldn't be surprised if there was interest in Alvaro Pereira too, he's been quality in every game I have seen this season.

Unfortunately, I don't think the club are in a position to refuse £25+ mil bids, so it may be in the hands of the respective players

Today, there was some news about Varela, saying that Man City are interested in him.

If we get 25m bids ME, MYSELF, am going to the president and tell him: SELL THEM. We can get new players with enough quality for 25m -.- ... The thing is.. Doubt 25m bids come for our defenders. A.Pereira won't leave , he loves Porto, and wants to play CL with us. the only 2 guys that might leave are Rolando and Fernando. If they do, we have Maicon to replace Rolando, we just need a new player to replace Fernando. If Varela leaves... Wich i truely doubt, We have James Rodriguez, and now Iturbe.

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Today, there was some news about Varela, saying that Man City are interested in him.

Man City are interested in 99% of the players that score 1 goal.

Man City are interested in everyone...

You're right about that.

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

If we get 25m bids ME, MYSELF, am going to the president and tell him: SELL THEM. We can get new players with enough quality for 25m -.- ... The thing is.. Doubt 25m bids come for our defenders. A.Pereira won't leave , he loves Porto, and wants to play CL with us. the only 2 guys that might leave are Rolando and Fernando. If they do, we have Maicon to replace Rolando, we just need a new player to replace Fernando. If Varela leaves... Wich i truely doubt, We have James Rodriguez, and now IturbePrevious post was at 11:13 PM

We have Souza has a replacement for Fernando, he seems good.

Souza? Nah! Not as good as Fernando! Souza attacks more then Fernando. Fernando is a truely DM , Souza looks like a fake DM, he attacks tooo much.

Souza? Nah! Not as good as Fernando! Souza attacks more then Fernando. Fernando is a truely DM , Souza looks like a fake DM, he attacks tooo much.

I'm not saying that he's better than Fernando. I'm just saying that he could make a good job.

If we get 25m bids ME, MYSELF, am going to the president and tell him: SELL THEM. We can get new players with enough quality for 25m -.- ... The thing is.. Doubt 25m bids come for our defenders. A.Pereira won't leave , he loves Porto, and wants to play CL with us. the only 2 guys that might leave are Rolando and Fernando. If they do, we have Maicon to replace Rolando, we just need a new player to replace Fernando. If Varela leaves... Wich i truely doubt, We have James Rodriguez, and now Iturbe.

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Man City are interested in 99% of the players that score 1 goal.

I meant the £25m + for Hulk or Falcao. The others wouldn't demand such a high fee, and as such I think you will be able to keep them. You can't guarantee that players won't leave because they 'love the club'. There are countless examples of players that have had their heads turned by money and greedy agents

I meant the £25m + for Hulk or Falcao. The others wouldn't demand such a high fee, and as such I think you will be able to keep them. You can't guarantee that players won't leave because they 'love the club'. There are countless examples of players that have had their heads turned by money and greedy agents

I really doubt Porto would accept 25m for Hulk or Falcao when they already declined a 35m offer for Hulk but... :)

I really doubt Porto would accept 25m for Hulk or Falcao when they already declined a 35m offer for Hulk but... :)

Should have taken it if that was the case.

Falcao has been the more impressive of the two for me, and I can't help but think he'd be great at Spurs. Can't see him moving though for anything less than CL football.

Porto president Pinto da Costa has just said that the money from the Bruno Alves deal to Zenit at the start of the season (20m) only came now. Everything is good, president said NO PLAYER WILL LEAVE. And asked by the media about Villas Boas... he just said "The big european teams want him? WE ARE A BIG EUROPEAN TEAM and we have him , so it's okay."

Believe me guys, i know you find it hard to believe, like me , but no players will really leave... Money is flowing in Porto at the moment, success, next sunday we will play the portuguese cup final against Guimaraes... Next season exciting Iturbe is coming... CL football again... couldn't ask for more!

Porto president Pinto da Costa has just said that the money from the Bruno Alves deal to Zenit at the start of the season (20m) only came now. Everything is good, president said NO PLAYER WILL LEAVE. And asked by the media about Villas Boas... he just said "The big european teams want him? WE ARE A BIG EUROPEAN TEAM and we have him , so it's okay."

Believe me guys, i know you find it hard to believe, like me , but no players will really leave... Money is flowing in Porto at the moment, success, next sunday we will play the portuguese cup final against Guimaraes... Next season exciting Iturbe is coming... CL football again... couldn't ask for more!

I hope you're right, I really do. It's easy for the chairman to say that now though. If Man City want a player, they will more than likely get them (judging by the figures being branded around at the moment)

I hope you're right, I really do. It's easy for the chairman to say that now though. If Man City want a player, they will more than likely get them (judging by the figures being branded around at the moment)

I know about Man City, they want everything, and i am sure tons of new players will appear for them to sign before they have to sign Porto players. They like to aim big, if they want our players i am sure Pinto da Costa knows what to do... He knows they have money, so he will ask for lots of money for a player. We ain't dumb :p.

This is Moutinho and Otamendi 1st season at Porto. None of them will leave. Try again :p

I hate to put a damper on it all but the biggest person at that football club is Boas and you can not tell me he is 100 percent staying, personally I can see Chelsea taking him after they ditch Ancelotti.

Most probable replacement for Boas at Porto is...Pacienca, and as for big players leaving I can see Ruben Micael considering leaving and possibly Maicon moving to Spain/Italy.

But yeah I hate to put a bit of realism but Boas is pretty likely to be Chelsea bound in the summer, and Hulk's agent always tries to stir up deals with Prem clubs so thats not 100 percent certain despite his contract.

But still Porto were by far the best team in the Europa League and Boas was by far the best coach. Well deserved winners I would say <3

Most probable replacement for Boas at Porto is...Pacienca, and as for big players leaving I can see Ruben Micael considering leaving and possibly Maicon moving to Spain/Italy.

Domingos Paciencia is heading Sporting cp.

Status
Not open for further replies.