Europa League Final - 18/5/2011 - 1945 BST - Porto v Braga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of talk unsubstansiated talk about winning the CL, one big player will likely leave porto, its part of their financial model

Big player? Our BIG players are Falcao and Hulk. Won't happen. ;)

next season we will see...I'm going to go bravely here and get shot like a moron and say:AVB is not Jose Mourinho...there is only one who is "The special one", and believe me when I say that Mourinho is THE ONE.It will be interesting to see porto in CL... But to win it? Nah, next year is Mourinho's year...

I don't think AVB is the next Mourinho (maybe in the press conference), he's more like Guardiola because of the way he puts Porto playing which his similar to Barcelona.
And he's going to be the best coach of all time.

Btw why is everyone more worried about talking **** about our team or Villas Boas? Or that we don't have enough money to keep our players? Jeezz... I know most of you weren't expecting Porto to do this killing season, but is it really needed to try to make our win a "less thing" ? We won, and we won it well! 5-1 against Villareal, would like to see your teams doing that! We won 4 of 5 games against Benfica this year, our main rivals, we ended 1st place in the league with 21 more points then 2nd place Benfica, we won the Super Cup, we won the League, we won Europa League, and next sunday we will play Portuguese cup final... If we win the cup it will be 4 throphys in one year.. You can't say that's a bad thing :)

Lots of talk unsubstansiated talk about winning the CL, one big player will likely leave porto, its part of their financial model

Hulk's release clause is 100 million, i doubt anyone will play that. And Falcao said he wants to play the CL next year and he's going to renew his contract. The other great players like Moutinho, Otamendi, Guarin won't leave Porto. I have absolutely sure about that.

Last edited:
I don't think AVB is the next Mourinho (maybe in the press conference), he's more like Guardiola because of the way he puts Porto playing which his similar to Barcelona.

Hah!
I'll hold you to that.

No hard feelings, but I don't think he'll be better than SAF...

Hulk's release clause is 100 million, i doubt anyone will play that. And Falcao said he wants to play the CL next year and he's going to renew his contract. The other great players like Moutinho, Otamendi, Guarin won't leave Porto. I have absolutely about that.

they have high release clauses and long contracts to put porto in the driving seat for any bid. they can now easily demand 20m + fees for them, maybe into the 30m range too

This is Moutinho and Otamendi 1st season at Porto. None of them will leave. Try again :p

Oh no, I was saying that they're big players. Whether they'll leave or not is another matter. I guess we'll see in a few months =p

Guys, Moutinho arrived this year for 11 million... He won't leave. Otamendi is staying. If one of our players leave it will be a center back, Rolando. And if he does leave we will keep Otamendi obviously.. Still, i am pretty sure the entire team is staying for CL.

Guys, Moutinho arrived this year for 11 million... He won't leave. Otamendi is staying. If one of our players leave it will be a center back, Rolando. And if he does leave we will keep Otamendi. Still, i am pretty sure the entire team is staying for CL.

i would like to see the whole side stay together, but financially thats how porto work, sell at least one large fee player. Hopefully im proved wrong

Guys, Moutinho arrived this year for 11 million... He won't leave. Otamendi is staying. If one of our players leave it will be a center back, Rolando. And if he does leave we will keep Otamendi obviously.. Still, i am pretty sure the entire team is staying for CL.

Maybe Fernando also? It's been said that Inter and Juventus are very interested in him.

I have so much love for you AVB.

Congrats. :wub:

i would like to see the whole side stay together, but financially thats how porto work, sell at least one large fee player. Hopefully im proved wrong

You have a point mate, but see... Our key players wont leave, Falcao and Hulk are really staying. Rolando, our CB might leave for Juve and today some rumours came about Fernando to Inter... Rolando is easily covered by our other CB, Maicon. Fernando... We might need to buy a player, Porto bought Rolando to Belenenses (2nd tier team atm) for like 3million, now they might sell it for 20mill, great business, and thats how Porto work, you're right in that point... But Juve wont be in CL next year, Porto will be. But like i said we might need to get a new player if Fernando leaves and hes a very good player, so it will be hard to find someone good enough to take his place.

ALSO! Iturbe, the "new messi" (not xD) is coming to Porto next season, really looking forward to him! Present is good, Future is bright! Can't ask for more at the moment!

You have a point mate, but see... Our key players wont leave, Falcao and Hulk are really staying. Rolando, our CB might leave for Juve and today some rumours came about Fernando to Inter... Rolando is easily covered by our other CB, Maicon. Fernando... We might need to buy a player, Porto bought Rolando to Belenenses (2nd tier team atm) for like 3million, now they might sell it for 20mill, great business, and thats how Porto work, you're right in that point... But Juve wont be in CL next year, Porto will be. But like i said we might need to get a new player if Fernando leaves and hes a very good player, so it will be hard to find someone good enough to take his place.

ALSO! Iturbe, the "new messi" (not xD) is coming to Porto next season, really looking forward to him! Present is good, Future is bright! Can't ask for more at the moment!

I'm so excited about seeing Iturbe next season i hope he doesn't get out on loan. Maybe Gonzalez and C.Rodriguez will leave to make room for him.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

We were linked with Maicon, opinions?
he's got good potential, but he needs to improve his concentration. He makes a lot of silly mistakes.
Go to youtube to see some videos of him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.