Kezza96

Reaction score
European Alphabet Challenge

View attachment 372845

I had originally created this challenge for FM12 a couple of years ago. However, there was no FMC in 2012 so people didn't get too far (Furthest was Bulgaria/Croatia IIRC).

Basically, the goal here is to get through each European country in alphabetical order; Starting with Austria, ending with Wales.

--

Rules

- Start with the team predicted 10th in Austria's second tier (SV Horn*)
- In order to progress to following country, you must win the top domestic league and cup.**
- Don't cheat, obviously.
- Post screenshots at the end of every season, displaying league position and cup progress.
- Past Experience must be Automatic
- Do not create a new manager when moving country. You must apply for jobs!
- FM Classic is not necessary, but very much recommended, given how time consuming this challenge will be.
- If you do play on FMC, tick the box that says "Remove Nation and League Restrictions". By doing that you will be able to add/remove leagues as you progress.

*Of course, you start with SV Horn, but if you end up getting offered a job by a bigger Austrian club, you can take it.

** This only includes cup competitions such as the FA Cup. For example, if you made it to England you would not be required to win trophies like the Johnstone's Paint Trophy or the League cup. Just the Premier League and FA Cup would suffice.

--

Order

Austria

Belarus
Belgium
Bulgaria
Croatia
Czech Republic
Denmark
England
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Holland
Hungary
Iceland
Ireland
Israel
Italy
N Ireland
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Romania
Russia
Scotland
Serbia
Slovakia
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Turkey
Ukraine
Wales

--

I know countries such as Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania are not there. That is because I am only using the leagues that are originally in the game. If you want to try the ultimate challenge, by all means download these leagues and go for it!

View attachment 372846

Feel free to ask questions, and good luck! I do not expect anyone to finish this challenge, and some "country jumps" may seem daunting (e.g. Denmark to England, Israel to Italy) but hopefully people are interested enough to give it a shot! If you are bored with FM14 and need a save that will occupy you till FM15 is released, this is for you (I hope)!

Last edited:
Just a quick reminder, if you are starting this on FMC, you must tick the box that says "Remove Nation and League Restrictions". By doing that you will be able to add/remove leagues as you progress.

Might try this on my long term FM13 save. So a league and cup double? Not just one?

Might try this on my long term FM13 save. So a league and cup double? Not just one?

You don't have to win both competitions in the same season, but you have to win the top league and the cup in order to get to the next country. If I remember in FM12, I won the top league in my 4th season, but won the Cup in my 3rd season.

If we get sacked from Sv Horn so we have to start again or can we search for a new club?

If we get sacked from Sv Horn so we have to start again or can we search for a new club?

You can search for a new club in Austria, yes. However, it may be difficult finding a club that will take you if you get sacked!

sounds good, going to give this a try! Feel free to add me on steam. xDenzy

Also good luck, Will keep reading

Good to see so many people trying the challenge! Feel free to add zKezza96 on Steam!

Halfway through my season, and things are going very well in the league!
View attachment 372500

Got knocked out of the cup in the first round, but I'm hardly expecting to win it so early on. Hopefully I keep up my league form and get promoted!

when moving to a new country, are you allowed to join a club in their top division?

when moving to a new country, are you allowed to join a club in their top division?
Absolutely. All you need to do is start as SV Horn in Austria's 2nd tier.

Nice! it's going bad for me so far. sat in last 2 after 19 games haha