European Dreams - A Newcastle United Story

View attachment 244993
BREAKING NEWS: NEWCASTLE UNITED TAKEOVER COMPLETED
Newcastle United have announced that a consortium led by former player Steve Harper has succesfully taken control of the club, succeeding Mike Ashley who spent 8 years at the helm of Newcastle United.

View attachment 244992View attachment 244991
Harper: I'm excited to start and continue with the growth of the club's European dominance

Steve Harper was a loyal servant to the club spending the best part of 20 years as a player there, he is also local to the area having being born and growing up in Easington, County Durham. He has made no secret about his love for the club having supporting them since he can remember. "This club is a part of me, it's in my bones, I have black & white blood. I was lucky enough to spend around 20 years here at the club I have supported from birth, now to get the chance to actually oversee progress and help the club move forward, it's a huge honour for me. It's going to be a real task emulating Mike's (Ashley) success here, it's going to be important for me to make the right decisions from the start as that's where Mike struggled early on, however is we all now he has brought this club up and saw them reach domestic and European dominance. I'm looking forward to building on that and providing the club with the necassary needs to do so. I have full confidence in Hutchinson, having been a player for him, I know his methods and I know how much of a vital part of the club he is. He will certainly be in charge here as long as I can help it."
Harper completes the takeover after assembling a consortium of 11 members and he tabled an offer of around £300m which Mike Ashley accepted, Ashley will conduct a fairwell lap of honour in the next home game. Under Mike Ashley Newcastle have recorded success in the Carling Cup (2012), The Barclays Premier League (2012 & 2013), Community Sheild (2012), The FA Cup (2013), UEFA Champions League (2013) and the Club World Cup (2013).

View attachment 244989View attachment 244990

24th MARCH 2014
Millwall mightily humbled at St James' Park

View attachment 245004Papiss Demba Cisse the hero at St James' Park
View attachment 245002
Newcastle United put on a display at the Sports Direct Arena this afternoon that would surely convince any fan or pundit that they will win the league, as they absolutely murdered Premier League newboys Millwall on Tyneside. Millwall's defender Paul Robinson made it an instant uphill battle for his time after being red-carded in the 46th second from a two-footed tackle. It only took the reigning champions 3 minutes to take the lead as Adam Johnson sped down the wing in familiar fashion to knock the ball in for Papiss Cisse who only needed to tap it in. Cisse then doubled his tally and Newcastle's lead in the 20th minute after executing a neat turn before comfortabely tucking it into the bottom corner, Christian Eriksen grabbed the third in the 34th minute after recieving a through ball from Cisse and the Danish playmaker hit the net first time. Gylfi Sigurdsson got amongst the scoring in the 53rd minute after sinking a lovely freekick that flew into the top corner, Sigurdsson got his second and the Toon's fifth just 3 minutes later by scoring the goal of the came in the form of a venemous curling shot from thrity yards out. Andrew Keogh gained little consolation for Millwall in the 61st minute but Papiss Cisse secured his hattrick in the 87th minute to make it 6 for the Magpies by recieving a clever pass from Danny Welbeck and opening up his body to curl it into the bottom far corner.
Man of the Match - Papiss Demba Cisse

The Goals...
[video=youtube;TlSqxHYC5-8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlSqxHYC5-8[/video]

Match Stats...View attachment 245003

29th MARCH 2014
Toon throw away 3 points at St Andrews

View attachment 245022Murphy goal sets up late Blues charge for comebackView attachment 245023
Newcastle United lost ground in the title race today as they threw away a win in the second half today against Birmingham. Newcastle started in familiar fashion by grabbing a goal in the first 10 minutes , Papiss Cisse netted it after capitalising on the rebound from Christian Eriksen's shot in the 7th minute to score his 18th league goal this season, topping his total from the last campaign. The Tyneside club continued to look comfortable and doubled their lead just 7 minutes later in the 14th minute as in-form playmaker Gylfi Sigurdsson scored yet another goal from outside the box as he looks to put a disapointing start to the season behind him. However in the second half Birmingham woke up and they got the fans back behind them in the 65th minute after David Murphy scored a world-class freekick with his left foot from the right-hand side of the pitch. Birmingham continued to push and got their reward in the 93rd minute after Jedinak launched a shot at call which cannoned of Cheik M'Bengue, crediting an own goal for the Senegalese left-back. This poor result drops Newcastle from 1st to 3rd in the Barclays Premier League.
Man of the Match - David Murphy

The Goals...
[video=youtube;QLgBMitCKv8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLgBMitCKv8[/video]

Premier League Standings for MarchView attachment 245021
UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Leg 1
Olympiqu Lyonnais 3 - 0 Newcastle United
(Lovren,Briandx2)

Last edited:
this is my favourite story.perfect 10 from me:D.btw how can i get notification when you update?

Okay lads, I have taken the decision that I will stop running this story. I have loved doing it and the support has been more than I could of hoped for but recently I feel as if people have just been wishing it away so I could just release my tactic. I will do this, also I will put the save out their starting from 1st July 2014 so that the true and loyal followers can continue in their own experience.
I'm very sorry to all of those who have stuck by this story and have followed relentlessly, my success was for you :) as for me, I'll continue the game and might give ujpdates now and again as to what ive won and certain things. But the next time you will see a full-blooded story from me will be Football Manager 2013, I'll be determined to start one not long after the release of the game. Thank you all soo much!

-nufc1995-

*Downloads
SAVE - http://www.4shared.com/file/mB_12RJO/Story.html
TACTIC - http://www.4shared.com/file/F_46K5ee/HUTCHNUFC.html

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Oh noooo....

I loved this story really sorry ur stopping it.

Good luck with future stories

Absolutely amazing work mate, and your contribution has been next to none , should be proud of what you've done.

How do you get pictures from football manager like the match reports i tried print screen but it didnt seem to work?

quite possibly THE BEST cm/fm story i have ever followed, and ive been playing the game for twenty years. well done.:D