Europeans not accepting of American soccer fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those two sentence alone make me hate you, get over yourself. You are the perfect fit of a stereotypical American self-important, ego maniac. And yes I'm judging you while sitting here drinking tea and eating crumpets, which is particularly difficult with my wooden teeth :(

You should seriously shut the **** up since you know nothing about me. You're fitting right into the portrait of the stereotypical European who thinks he's so much better than the heathen egotistical yanks and is insecure about his own country's loss of importance in the world. What exactly is objectionable in that sentence? We're the most powerful nation in the world militarily, economically, and probably culturally as well, and we're the most recent (neo)imperial power. It makes us a target at sporting events, whether or not it's justified. I've had so many different people from other countries tell me it would be awful if the US won the world cup. At this point we're not too good at the sport yet but once we improve there will be plenty of people rooting against us. I'm not complaining, I don't care if we have the support of neutrals or not, but you're being ignorant if you deny it, and you're a moron if you think merely stating that makes you some kind of nationalistic egotistical American. Unfuckingbelievable, especially considering my own political viewpoints. You're probably much more nationalistic and conservative than I am, and I definitely don't need to listen to unfounded condescending remarks from someone who thinks he's intelligent and well-informed because the average person from his country pays more attention to international affairs than the average American.

You should seriously shut the **** up since you know nothing about me. You're fitting right into the portrait of the stereotypical European who thinks he's so much better than the heathen egotistical yanks and is insecure about his own country's loss of importance in the world.

You just fit his stereotype. Again.

Strongest nation economically? Ever heard of China who are not in 14 thousand billion US dollars debt? And it would be awful if the US won the World Cup. Why may you ask? Because their team is not near good enough and if they did win it, it would be because of pure luck.

Last edited:
You should seriously shut the **** up since you know nothing about me. You're fitting right into the portrait of the stereotypical European who thinks he's so much better than the heathen egotistical yanks and is insecure about his own country's loss of importance in the world. What exactly is objectionable in that sentence? We're the most powerful nation in the world militarily, economically, and probably culturally as well, and we're the most recent (neo)imperial power. It makes us a target at sporting events, whether or not it's justified. I've had so many different people from other countries tell me it would be awful if the US won the world cup. At this point we're not too good at the sport yet but once we improve there will be plenty of people rooting against us. I'm not complaining, I don't care if we have the support of neutrals or not, but you're being ignorant if you deny it, and you're a moron if you think merely stating that makes you some kind of nationalistic egotistical American. Unfuckingbelievable, especially considering my own political viewpoints. You're probably much more nationalistic and conservative than I am, and I definitely don't need to listen to unfounded condescending remarks from someone who thinks he's intelligent and well-informed because the average person from his country pays more attention to international affairs than the average American.

I think i speak for us all when i say you sound like a bit of a ****.

You just fit his stereotype. Again.

Strongest nation economically? Ever heard of China who are not in 14 thousand billion US dollars debt? And it would be awful if the US won the World Cup. Why may you ask? Because their team is not near good enough and if they did win it, it would be because of pure luck.

Were people ****** when Greece won the Euros in 04? People usually like seeing an underdog win, which is why people would naturally root against the US. I've heard many people tell me they'd hate to see the US win a world cup because it's not our sport and we think we're the best at everything. If/when we become a powerhouse alongside Spain, Argentina, Brazil, Germany, etc. most neutrals will root against us. I really don't mind, I was simply responding to the OP, but if someone's going to be condescending to me about it than I'm going to respond.

As far as economics go, I'll be the first to point out how ****** the US is, and within the next few decades we'll be replaced as the world's super-power, but we have the world's largest economy by far, so I'd say we're still the strongest. Sure China owns a shitload of our debt, and of course they could destroy the American economy if they wanted to, but they rely on us just as much as we rely on them. If the US dollar was completely debased the Chinese would be ****** since their exports would collapse (which their economy completely relies on). A moot point though.

I think i speak for us all when i say you sound like a bit of a ****.

And I'm sure if someone responded to a post of yours starting with the words "I hate you" you wouldn't overreact either.

Last edited:
complete ******* retarded argument, based on 1 youtube video

Were people ****** when Greece won the Euros in 04? People usually like seeing an underdog win, which is why people would naturally root against the US. I've heard many people tell me they'd hate to see the US win a world cup because it's not our sport and we think we're the best at everything. If/when we become a powerhouse alongside Spain, Argentina, Brazil, Germany, etc. most neutrals will root against us. I really don't mind, I was simply responding to the OP, but if someone's going to be condescending to me about it than I'm going to respond.

And I'm sure if someone responded to a post of yours starting with the words "I hate you" you wouldn't overreact either.

To answer your question: No, I wasn't ****** when Greece won, I was disappointed. And I wouldn't be ****** if the US won, I would be disappointed.

In fact having finished reading this, worst thread ive read this week

die

Status
Not open for further replies.