Europe's future: UEFA Super League (chairman game)

Reaction score
View attachment 120182

Hey
guys and welcome to my chairman game!

Last year in FM16, I did a "FIFA World League" chairman game with a database I took from one of the SI forums. This year, I'm bringing this concept back and it'll be even better! (hopefully). I've made this database myself which means there might be some issues that come along throughout this chairman game but I made sure to test out the database multiple times and simulate multiple seasons to make sure that promotions and relegations work properly as well as continental football in the Champions League.

Unlike normal chairman games where you have to post updates often, I decided to not be too strict about them. Firstly, I usually forget to write the chairman game updates and my own club updates and secondly, I know I'm one of many people who just love updates! So I'll be a bit more lenient about club updates especially considering that chairman games aren't exactly that popular at the moment anyway.

RULES: (CURRENCY IS POUNDS)

Now, here goes (most rules will be inspired by existing chairman games, such as SaintMotbot's Premier League chairman game
and rishmanisation's chairman game):

Managers

1. A manager can be sacked at any point during the save, but will need to be paid a compensation fee. That is, paid the remainder of their contract with the club at the moment of sacking (imagine your manager has a year left on his contract, aka 52 weeks, and is paid 15 thousand pounds a week, you will need to pay a fee of 15 000 x 52 or 780 000 thousand pounds to let him go (A big thank to SaintMotbot for the explanation :)) IMPORTANT: All manager movements must be run by me before being announced on the thread.

2. As there many divisions full of teams that many of you probably support, you may take control of any promoted teams at the end of the season (3 per season). Keep in mind that if your team gets relegated, you will HAVE to do this to stay in the game.

Just like you have to pay a compensation fee to sack a manager, you will have to do the same to sign one. The same concept applies where you have to pay their wages multiplied by the amount of weeks left on their contract.

4. Any manager can be appointed since all the teams in the top division have a huge reputation.

Finances

Transfer budgets and wage budgets can be set to any amount to help your manager make signings but keep in mind that you will need to keep a positive balance at the end of the season.

2. In case you're not sure, your selected team's balance will be posted when each transfer window opens and closes so keep an eye for that.

3. Any team that has a balance of maximum -50 million pounds at the end of a season will be forced to make a key player a free agent for any other club to sign for every 5 million under that amount (that is if Chelsea
are in 55 million pounds of debt, they would be forced to make Diego Costa or Eden Hazard a free agent and he would not be able to sign for the club again) so try to keep your team's balance as high as you can!

Transfers/loans

1. Transfers and loans are available to make with teams in the other divisions (More rules below).

Chairmen will have to negotiate a price that BOTH find acceptable and will BOTH have to send me a private message to confirm the transfer.

3. Transfers with clubs from lower divisions will be negotiated as such :

- When your team has a transfer budget of over 50 million: pay 1.5 times the player's transfer value (for example if a player is worth 30 million, you'll have to pay 45 million to get him)

- When your team has a transfer budget of 30-50 million: pay 1.25 times the player's transfer value

- When your team has a transfer budget of under 30 million: pay the player's transfer value

- For youth transfers, same rule applies except for all clubs, you must pay 3 times the player's transfer value if he's been selected for his national team and 2 times the player's value if he hasn't (youth players are players under 19 years old)

- If a player has a release clause included in his contract, you may pay that amount for the transfer

- If a player is unhappy or transfer listed and their club has set an asking price, you may also pay that price to get the player

IMPORTANT:

All chairman should send me their contract offers via PM for foreign transfers. Since the transfer fee depends on your transfer budget, your subject line will have to be your club plus your initial transfer budget and your message should include the player's name as well as your contract offer for him. At the end of the transfer window, I will look at all the contract offers and the transfers will be announced where the chairman who offered the highest wage gets the player.

4. Loans can be negotiated between chairmen but no loan fee can be involved in the deal, it's up to them how much of the player's wages will be paid during that loan. Again, must be run by me before the announcement of the deal.

For loans with lower division teams, the monthly fee needs to be of 100 000 pounds and 100% of the player's wages must be paid.

6. Free transfers are available and just like with any loans and transfers need to be run by me before being confirmed.

7. If you want to release a player, you may pay a contract compensation fee just like with the managers.

8. To transfer-list players, just make a list and post it in the thread when you announce the club's takeover.

9. One last thing about free transfers; contract offers need to be sent to me as a private message and if multiple clubs come in for the same player, I will move the player to the team who offered the highest wage. Moves for free players will only happen at the end of transfer windows to give a chance to other chairmen to offer that specific player a contract if they want to.

10. Finally, transfers and loans between clubs in the first division (aka between chairmen) are unlimited but transfers and loans with teams not human-controlled are limited to 3 each, that is 3 transfers and 3 loans. Also, a maximum of two free transfers can be made in a season. In addition, youth transfers are also limited to 3 per transfer window.

Facilities

1. I'm not sure how the rules for those will look like yet, but it is likely that chairmen will have to pay a specific value for specific facilities to be upgraded/stadiums to be expanded.

READ ALL THE RULES CAREFULLY PLEASE! (CONSIDER THAT THOSE RULES ARE JUST THE BASICS AND THEY MIGHT CHANGE THROUGHOUT THE CHAIRMAN GAME BASED ON YOUR FEEDBACK)

League structure:

I created this database making sure that it would stay interesting. In my FIFA World League chairman game, the database included teams from all around the world and had a lot of different divisions. This year, I decided to create only 5 divisions. The top 3 divisions (UEFA Super League I, II and III) are normal structures, aka like the Premier League (20 teams, 3 teams relegated, 3 teams promoted in the case of lower divisions). The UEFA Super League IV has a total of 40 teams, divided into 4 different groups, with one team promoted from each group and 2 getting relegated. This is to make sure that teams in the lower divisions have a chance of climbing up the UEFA Super League ladder and have a chance of one day making it to the top. Finally, the UEFA Super League V is made up of 30 teams where each team plays each other once. At the end of those matches, the top 15 teams go into another league where they also play each other once and the top 8 teams get promoted to the UEFA Super League IV. I thought this would make the overall structure of the database interesting and would give teams more chances of getting promoted. On top of that, I've also added a UEFA Coppa where all teams from the top 3 divisions compete and the winner gets a spot in continental football. Finally, the UEFA Super Coppa is basically like the Community Shield and the winner of the Coppa plays against the winner of the first division.

I hope this wasn't too hard to understand and that you all find the concept interesting enough! By the way, I've also given teams a lot of TV money as well as prize money in order to make sure that balances stay fair and even teams with less money can make transfers that are somewhat expensive. For example, Lyon will be able to make the same kind of transfers as Manchester City (that's what I'm hoping for at least).

Below will be some screenshots of the first 3 divisions, let me know if you want to see what divisions 4 and 5 look like:

View attachment 120180
View attachment 120179

View attachment 120178
View attachment 120177
View attachment 120176
View attachment 120175
To sign up, just comment below with the team name and I'll update the table below accordingly:

TeamChairman (click for PM)
Arsenallewie100
AS Monaco
Atletico MadridZnik
BayernTobey Mason
Chelseabcfc1
DortmundLIAMO1967
FC BarcelonaSaintMotbot
FC Portofireflysam
JuventusNickHilderink
LeverkusenYouthDev99
LiverpoolTheCelticKid
Manchester Citywebby1999
Manchester UnitedDisclaimer89
NapoliBullardinho
Olympique Lyonnais
Paris Saint-GermainLinecoigne1998
Real MadridKillerRoo
Roma
Sevilla
SL BenficaAldoKemp-1

And please, please guys, remember, if you do sign up, don't just give up on it. Some people might want to join but wouldn't be able to because all spots are taken and I'll just kick out people who don't really post at all on here. Thanks, I hope you'll enjoy this chairman game and are as excited as me! :)

Last edited:
What's that you say?
A Chairman game?

I'm in. Arsenal pls (for the $$$)

Thanks to those of you who have already joined! Can't wait to see more people take part so we can start this thing :)

Can I have Chelsea if they are still available