Everton Financial Report 2010

Pretty much yeah. The closer the summer gets, the more nervous I'll get. But it's odd that this reports says this, and on a few transfer forums that we're linked with Johan Elmander, as we'd get him on a free. But can't see it myself. And Fellaini's dad keeps linking him with a move to Chelsea.
But with Rodwell-why go to a club where the players don't even play as a team half the time (ironic I know after EFC's latest performance). SAF would be a far superior choice due to man management, and the top class coaching in which he would flourish.
But yeah, like I've mentioned before, can see major upheavel during the summer time
IF Rodwell had to, I wonder if Moyes would guide him towards United...

IF Rodwell had to, I wonder if Moyes would guide him towards United...

I think he would to be honest. He knows that he'd improve greatly as a player at Man Utd, especially with all those experienced players around him, apart from SAF and the coaches. They'll instill the right attitude into him. He's also the sort of player imo that would rather get a pretty decent salary and regular games under his belt soon, rather than get offered tones of cash to be a bit part player all the time.
But what concerns me more, is that if DM was to leave during the summer, does that mean Round would take over. If you watch Round sometimes, there's hardly any communication between him and Moyes at all.

Last edited:
TBH all the talk is about investment, but even that is just delaying the inevitable. Nothing short of a takeover will turn this club around. We'll be demoted to League 1 before long.

TBH all the talk is about investment, but even that is just delaying the inevitable. Nothing short of a takeover will turn this club around. We'll be demoted to League 1 before long.

Tbh is that really a bad thing? Maybe we need a relegation to wipe the slate clean and just rebuild from scratch. If we don't get a takeover, then basically we'll just implode anyway.

Never though I'd say that.

Cmon...City wouldn't ruin his career. But im not sure if we are even after him tbh. There might not be better english midfielders but certainly foreign. English players getting so much hype, but you can get much better foreign players for cheaper.

We haven't been linked with Rodwell since the summer.

Tbh is that really a bad thing? Maybe we need a relegation to wipe the slate clean and just rebuild from scratch. If we don't get a takeover, then basically we'll just implode anyway.

Never though I'd say that.
Yes that's a bad thing! The only good thing going for us atm is our excellent youth system. If we did have to sell all our players I'm sure we could conjur up a few aces before long.

Think City have enough decent midfielders as it is tbh lol

Cmon...City wouldn't ruin his career. But im not sure if we are even after him tbh. There might not be better english midfielders but certainly foreign. English players getting so much hype, but you can get much better foreign players for cheaper.

People are overhyping Rodwell anyway. Other than a few occasional moments of brilliance, he hasn't shown me all that people are making him out to be. Not to say that he won't in the next couple of years.

Yes that's a bad thing! The only good thing going for us atm is our excellent youth system. If we did have to sell all our players I'm sure we could conjur up a few aces before long.

We have a great youth system at the moment yeah, but when finances get worse, guarentee they'll have to get downgraded to save costs. A lot of things will get slashed. However, I would like to see other members of the board do something nice.

Think City have enough decent midfielders as it is tbh lol

Yeh, we need world class central midfielder to replace Barry. Rodwell might be england future but there are better foreign players as i said. England doesn't have the brightest talents in football now IMO.

If we would buy him it would be pretty much to balance the home grown players in the squad. That was probly pretty much why we bought Milner and Barry?

Last edited:
We have a great youth system at the moment yeah, but when finances get worse, guarentee they'll have to get downgraded to save costs. A lot of things will get slashed. However, I would like to see other members of the board do something nice.
Doesn't mean to say the recruitment; talent scouting, will be any worse off. Barkley ftw.

his career would develop so much better at Utd than City and I'd say the majority of England fans (not including United and city fans) would want him at United where he can develop into a future England International. Bolded is the problem with him going to city. If he goes there and doesn't develop then they can just use money to replace him and he won't develop into the player he can be. Thus ruining the career prospects of what could have been an England International.

People are overhyping Rodwell anyway. Other than a few occasional moments of brilliance, he hasn't shown me all that people are making him out to be. Not to say that he won't in the next couple of years.
thast becuase Moyes has pushed him forwards, hes not that kind of player, he excels deeper

his career would develop so much better at Utd than City and I'd say the majority of England fans (not including United and city fans) would want him at United where he can develop into a future England International. Bolded is the problem with him going to city. If he goes there and doesn't develop then they can just use money to replace him and he won't develop into the player he can be. Thus ruining the career prospects of what could have been an England International.

SAF has proven a lot of times he can develope players. But it's not like City doesn't have a good youth academy and can't develope players. Just look at Micah Richards...Mancini has really moulded him to a top class RB. I think Rodwell could develope very good at City too.

But as i said, id rather take a foreign player if he is better than the english.

thast becuase Moyes has pushed him forwards, hes not that kind of player, he excels deeper
I agree but that's not what we need him to be atm. Fellaini's playing that role, very well until Sunday's atrocity.

I agree but that's not what we need him to be atm. Fellaini's playing that role, very well until Sunday's atrocity.
i agree you're playing him there out of necessity, just saying he shouldnt be judged on it

The thing I'm hoping for, is the loyal fans don't shun the club. Last thing we need right now is for attendances to drop, and further aggrevate the situation.

The thing I'm hoping for, is the loyal fans don't shun the club. Last thing we need right now is for attendances to drop, and further aggrevate the situation.
agreed, now more than ever is when a club needs its fans

Somebody will take them over - in time where they can buy as low as possible. Just on the precipice of falling out of top flight footy would probably be the time all buyers come crawling out of the woodwork. The debt is what is putting buyers off. I mean no offense but the most recent sale of a top flight team (Liverpool) also had crippling debts but still rated as worth around a billion by Forbes but it sold for a total including wiping the debts for around 1/2 that valuation. Everton has nowhere near the revenue raising capabilities (despite being crippled with debt Liverpool still generated aprrox 200mil euros p/a over the last 5 or so years). The last Forbes valution I can find says around 200mil for Everton, with the current economy realistically I suppose from anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2 of that valuation will be the sale price. If a Shiekh type buyer comes in it's actually not too bad value. 50-100 mil + debts gets you a well established epl team with a good manager, a squad at its peak, needing only 2-3 players to compete for Europe with their own ground.

I'm going off the valuations in these articles from 2009 but I assume the valuations haven't changed too much
http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/34/soccer-values-09_Everton_340028.html

Last edited:
a lot depends on the buyers being able to build a new stadium. For everton to go forwards that is an absolute must