Everton Financial Report 2010

Somebody will take them over - in time where they can buy as low as possible. Just on the precipice of falling out of top flight footy would probably be the time all buyers come crawling out of the woodwork. The debt is what is putting buyers off. I mean no offense but the most recent sale of a top flight team (Liverpool) also had crippling debts but still rated as worth around a billion by Forbes but it sold for a total including wiping the debts for around 1/2 that valuation. Everton has nowhere near the revenue raising capabilities (despite being crippled with debt Liverpool still generated aprrox 200mil euros p/a over the last 5 or so years). The last Forbes valution I can find says around 200mil for Everton, with the current economy realistically I suppose from anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2 of that valuation will be the sale price. If a Shiekh type buyer comes in it's actually not too bad value. 50-100 mil + debts gets you a well established epl team with a good manager, a squad at its peak, needing only 2-3 players to compete for Europe with their own ground.

I'm going off the valuations in these articles from 2009 but I assume the valuations haven't changed too much
http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/34/soccer-values-09_Everton_340028.html
You make good points, but again that's all circumstantial. You cannot say somebody WILL take over.

I'm a glass half full type of guy. There's always a buyer - if the price is right. Blackburn got snapped up fairly quickly and fairly cheaply (70mil Ithink) by IMO good owners who are looking to push the club forward and they were in a similar situation but with a far less talented squad and a mediocre manager IMO. I guess what I'm saying is yes It's looking bad - actually grim is a better description, but there's hope. You have to consider what happenned to the other bidders for LFC, Blackburn etc etc the interest in owning a football club doesn't just go away.

Last edited:
:( Everton Will Hopefully pull through

we'll get through it-just take a while to return to a sense of normallity. Like I said before though, I really don't think we will cease to exist. Not a case of being too good for that to happen, because frankly its a ridiculous thing to say, and very dangerously ignorant, but there will be somebody out there who's willing to take a punt as we're seeing more and more. Just hoping that the club won't be treated like a toy though. Because that would be intolerable

Well, I hope Everton survive this, and i'm sure they will....Chelsea were about to totally screw up but out of the blue, Roman turned up...and the rest is history.

Everton need to stay in the Premier League this season, get next years money in and take it from there. Moyes has worked wonders with what he was given. he's the man to pull Everton through, i just hope he he hasn't had enough

Well, I hope Everton survive this, and i'm sure they will....Chelsea were about to totally screw up but out of the blue, Roman turned up...and the rest is history.

Everton need to stay in the Premier League this season, get next years money in and take it from there. Moyes has worked wonders with what he was given. he's the man to pull Everton through, i just hope he he hasn't had enough
It's just annoying how different things would have been if we'd just ****** won on Sat! We'd be 8th in the league, everyone would be happy, relegation wouldn't even be an option, and we could push on for European places. But instead we put in a disgraceful display and make the fans think we really are bad enough to go down this year.

It's just annoying how different things would have been if we'd just ****** won on Sat! We'd be 8th in the league, everyone would be happy, relegation wouldn't even be an option, and we could push on for European places. But instead we put in a disgraceful display and make the fans think we really are bad enough to go down this year.
that's how it is this season, the margins of success and failure are much closer. 3-4 wins would push right up, 3-4 losses and you're in big big trouble

IF Everton were to be relegated this season, I'd expect this predicted two years until death to be sped up by a year.

Seems like Everton have been engaging in a lot of market to make believe on their balance sheets, atleast they are valuing their assets correctly

Everton are very close to the edge. They have been for well over a decade now. The sale and leaseback of Bellefield is a really worrying sign as were the sending out on loan of several first team squad members. Would expect them to be selling this summer and for very little of that money to be reinvested into the team. New stadium isn't going to happen - Everton cannot raise the finances and the taxpayer has said 'no' to their attempts to have public money used to build them one. Takeover and investment remains an unlikely possibility at the moment given that Everton's finances are in such a shambles and the need for massive reinvestment but limited opportunity for returns on that investment. It's been no secret that Everton have been looking for a new owner/investment for a very long time already but no-one will touch them beyond chancers and Portsmouth-type speculators.

Club has been in a death spiral for a long time. Not sure why it has taken Bluenoses so long to wake up to it (not a dig, just an observation). Not sure there are any viable alternatives at the moment - everything is mortgaged already and further reductions in the first team squad without like-for-like quality replacements will just speed up the decline. The real killer, as for many clubs, are the wages. They are increasing exponentially for players and it just isn't sustainable for the vast majority of clubs.

Don't think they'll be going into administration (the banks won't push that hard to bring it about), but can definitely see them being relegated and having to make drastic cuts in expenditure in the near future to continue paying down their debt.

As a club, they've been shoddily run for way too long and they're now running out of time.

This position is horrible, obviously have been in it myself, hope it all works out for you.