Everton FM (To TOP 4 and Beyond!!!) Blue and Green!

Reaction score
ever.png

Everton Money-Ball (To TOP 4 and Beyond!!!)

Like the title says to Infinity and Beyond! Another addition and the start of my FM21 journey begins with an Everton FM Money-Ball series. As some of you may know I am a Liverpool fan but despite our rivalry I actually do have a lot of love for the Toffees, I love to see them do well, except when they play against us and as long as they finish at least one place below us, irl in the league : P : )

Rules posted in next post. (Also first window is closed)

mymanager3.png

Know*

ever.png

(MoneyBall) Rules -

⦁ Only one first team player is allowed to be signed per season, players aged 21 and over but doesn't have to be over 21 obviously.

⦁ Youngsters under the age of 21 are allowed to be signed as much as you like (unlimited), maximum transfer fee must be under £10M. In my experience this is where you either make it or break it as a manager in this journey, don't sign a few gems for bargains prices and you'll pay for it when your old players can't do it anymore. Gems can be found through your academy too, the more you upgrade it but at least in previous versions you're not guaranteed a specific player, you could wait eight years for a left back to come through the ranks...

⦁ Free Agents are allowed but not as first team players, only as back up options. Sometimes some experience is needed in the ranks, particularly with lots of youngsters around.

⦁ If a season is played and no first team signing is made it stacks for the following season so you could make two in one season or more.

⦁ 1 emergency transfer is awarded after completion of every five seasons in game so after five years you can choose to sign two players in one season at any point you choose to.

⦁ Buy backs for players you sell on with buy back clauses in their deal or existing buy back clauses your club already have in place are available, 1 is awarded after completion of every two seasons. These are called comebacks.

⦁ 1 emergency transfer is is also awarded every time you win a total of 4 trophies for your club, for all your hard work and if you win another 4 etc..

Shields don't count!

⦁ One back up keeper transfer is allowed once in the save and must be under £10M. Which can be used at any time.

Finally I'll be keeping track of the different kind of transfers available to make it more enjoyable for everyone reading, usually in the summer but in January this season I'll put up something like this :

First team transfers available : 1
Buy back (comeback) transfers available : 0
Emergency transfers available : 0

Any suggestions on players to sign under 21 or absolute guaranteed first team quality are very welcome, comment below.

ever.png

It would be a fair assessment of pre-season to say it could've gone better. I've got to say I'm not overly impressed with some of the B team players and that was shown in our only loss to Brentford. No coincidence perhaps that in 2/3 games we conceded 3 goals in, Pickford started and had absolute stinkers! Roll on the season!

0.1.png

Thankfully for myself the expectations this season aren't too difficult, the board only want me to finish top half and little expectations in the cups as well. I can't say I won't be disappointed if we don't at least challenge for a European spot this year though and with a squad like this, why not go for a cup run? There's not gonna be tons of games to play.

0.2.png

ever.png

We got battered today and Lacazette opened the scoring for the Gunners when his near post finish snuck inside Olsen's net. Somehow we managed to rescue a late point after Richarlison equalised late on with a smashing, powerful finish! Completely undeserved but I will certainly take it!

0.1.png

Today was a good day to get balls in to the box, firstly Jonjoe Kenny found Richarlison who headed home first half. We then went on to secure passage to the next round, C Lewin does what he does best and won his header and another assist from another young man and academy graduate, Anthony Gordon fresh off the bench! Another shining example of the realism in this years new match engine, a cross and brilliant goal that surely, young Jonjoe at right back didn't mean! Richarlison was there and would've put it in anyway.

0.2.png

[

0.3.png

Last edited:
ever.png

I just wanted to say something, the media absolutely loved me in my first press conference! They were lapping up everything I had to say but ever since we've begun the season, they're all negative, there's a negative atmosphere and I can't be doing with these Debbie downers, they need to get out! lool. ?

We've literally just won our first game in the league and the atmosphere in the room is now downcast.. negative... still.. boring buggers!

1.1.png

So disappointed with that :l. We had a few chances, Richarlison missed an easy header and Gordon off the bench hit the bar from outside the box! We only have ourselves to blame.

1.3.png

The penalty shoot-out, for whatever reason it didn't show the last and winning penalty, Sean Morrison scored it and I've reported the bug on the forums.
https://youtu.be/-EEClQnjm5I

Who else would it be other than Danny Ings, he scored for the Saints early on. Thankfully for the boys in blue we were handled a lifeline in the second half and Richarlison did the rest, I don't know where we'd be so far without him, lost that's where. Just minutes later and DCL(Dominic Calvert-Lewin) knocked on his header and the Brazilian maestro bagged his second!

Whatever I said at HT, clearly worked because another few minutes went by and James whipped a beautiful pearl of a FK in from all of about 30 yards! Dom even came alive finally this season, dribbling through and slipping the ball past the keeper. DCL continued the impressive turnaround with his second and a really well played second half from the boys.

Incredibly that win has put us top! On goal difference and fair to say the win helped.

1.4.png

https://youtu.be/V6tHs3wmsUo

Our second 0-0 this season and another really frustrating one with plenty of chances to win! The water bottle has been thrown!

1.5.png

Last edited:
ever.png

What an absolute scorcher from Dominic Calvert-Lewin today, a piledriver from nearly 30 yards! Incredibly that win also puts us top for the second time already this season, with only 11 points from 5 games, it's fair to say it's been a sticky start from the big boys!

2.1.png

https://youtu.be/rQDS9k0mOvg

In the first half today we performed quite well despite parking the bus we did what we wanted. City are above average in every statistic and so I came for a 0-0/1-0 however Pep clearly had a quiet word at HT and it seemed to work. Bernardo's powerful near post finish was too much for Olsen, then he (Silva) was in again, Olsen didn't move as he slid the ball past him.

2.2.png

https://youtu.be/gynXF7wviJM

Honestly this was one of the most frustrating and annoying games I've ever had, it just seemed like it was going to be one of those days and it just wouldn't go in! That was until added time in fact and substitute Sigurosson really should have put the ball further in the corner after a good dribble in to space, never the less Guaita couldn't contain the power on the shot! Who up til that point had been the best player on the pitch.

2.3.png

https://youtu.be/_PhPW5Ok8Qs

Digne grabs his first assist of the season from the cross and who else would it be climbing highest to head home but DCL. It felt like seconds later before United equalised and the best striker in the... on FM scored with the header, Cavani. Another header, this time Alex Telles, whatever I tried I somehow just couldn't stop Utd from winning headers today, so frustrating! Just to rub salt in the wounds he whipped a lovely FK round the wall too, two guilt edged chances for Dom as well one of which was at 2-1.

He scores goals but is he scoring enough?

2.4.png

https://youtu.be/c7YQvsUtJnI

Overall then you can't say it's been a bad four games, we won the games we needed to and didn't really show up in the big ones however scrapping 1-0s in the wins. As for the league table then, you've got to say it's been a good start as we remain in a European place but also a frustrating one in recent games. Liverpool look like favourites, top by a point and still with a game more to play. The top half of the table is actually separated by just 4 points and one of those teams is West Brom!

2.5.png

2.6.png

Last edited:
ever.png

Just wanted to apologise that a handful of reaction clips are no good due to the fact my microphone has been muted all this time loool.

Rookie moves (back to normal from Newcastle game onwards)

... For this big one against Villa just imagine me going absolutely mental and limmmmmmbsss flying all over the place lol.

ever.png

Digne picked up an injury before this one and he'll be a big miss.
3.1.png

According to the opposition report, the efficiency of ours and Leeds attacking and defending is very similar so expect a close one. It was and first half we didn't play well, having said that a bit of fortune for Leeds United's goal, Shackleton scored it. Dom got us back level second half from Gordon's corner! Dom involved again grabbed a winner for us selflessly passing to Tom Davies, something he needs to do more of.

Finally Gordon's well timed pass found Richarlison and he beat the keeper at his near. I'm so happy and relieved after that cus the first half had me absolutely fuming. Back to the top of the tree but likely temporarily with City, Chelsea and Liverpool still to play.
3.2.png

This game was so so so close, unbelievably so, the different analyst and scout reports and so presented to me had me worried for this one and rightfully so. It could have gone either way and eventually second half Yarmolenko scored from another header :l, we've had problems with that and we'd trained on it all week. .....

3.3.png

Yerry Mina is one of a few players so far who's had no rest at all, he was also one yellow away from a suspension so for this game, I made two big changes, Godfrey in and the first time we've played the diamond formation since pre season. Holgate also played after some complaints as we moved to our third right back this season, Mane converted an easy finish then Van Dijk powered home a header.

Too many goals to go over, great strike from Gomez, Pickford just watched on and Gini Wijnaldum got two. Tom Davies got a late consolation goal and overall an absolute mare today, am I bovvered? Nope.

3.4.png

So first of all, I was starting to worry that we should've been attacking corners more in training because literally every corner was a highlight, Richarlison got the first and nearly the second too but Mina was there first to the rebound! What a banger from Doucoure today, Wilson got one back from the corner but nothing to concern us. Doucoure obviously loved his new role of DLP.

3.5.png

It's been very hit and miss in this post tbh and we just need to try and find our consistency again. In four games we did manage to still pick up six points though and we're currently 5th, with the Hammers and Burnley up there as well now. Next time two big games against struggling Spurs.

3.6.png

3.7.png

ever.png

A great game of football to watch today! Spurs seemed a bit slow out of the blocks but we didn't, James Rodriguez scored a brilliant piledriver right in the top bins, on the turn and there's just no stopping that. When Bale got two quickfire goals it wasn't looking like it was going to be our day but Digne snuck a shot under Lloris one he maybe would've felt he should of got to tbh. We adjusted tactically second half and that was enough to secure a point.

4.1.png

Bit of bad news is star player Richarlison is out for about a month and not great because this is the crunch part of the season for us with lots of games coming up. Coleman's on the leaving bus.

4.2.png

4.3.png

What an absolutely tremendous goal to concede :DD, WBA opened the scoring from Grant and he took it beautifully. It's all about the headers, Keane first and then Iwobi who's fresh in the team today. Rekeem Harper scores an absolute thunder**** or screamer to level the score and that's the way it finished despite the chances today, Gordon hit the post and then again from the rebound!!

4.4.png

Bernard is on his way out the door as well, cya.

4.5.png

Today was a difficult one but I felt we defended well and when Hames missed a pen first half I felt it was just going to be another one of those days. Thankfully though Doucoure's shot resulted in a mistake from Patricio who just didn't get a good enough hand on it, then late in the match Ben Godfrey slipped a beautifully timed through ball into Anthony Gordon and he reversed his finish exceptionally.

4.6.png

Honestly today I feel like just a point and a late equaliser from Doucoure is not really what we wanted or deserved. A poor goal to concede first half from Eric Dier and we dominated this one but we just couldn't take our chances.

4.7.png

So still within touching distance of the big clubs but somehow it remains more and more unlikely by the update that we're going to be anywhere near, that promised mouth-watering land of heaven that is the Champions League, come May. At least with this iffy form that is, can we turn it around in the next one?

4.8.png

4.9.png

ever.png

Like the name of the picture that it was saved as THE Surprise Factor, both teams springing some surprises and a flashback to a previous update shows that we really needed to win that one!
the surprise factor.png

ever.png

With a decision to make then and I didn't exactly fancy the risk of not getting a Europa league place just for extra wage funds, quite a lot though. On second thoughts I decided to take the money, you just gotta be ambitious.
5.1.png

5.2.png

Beating Chelsea will prove a tough challenge given they've looked like real title contenders in recent weeks and it did prove tough, honestly it really was the Timo Werner Show in this one. A well crafted goal put them 1-0 up and then a terrible pass and attempt to switch the play by Jonjoe Kenny gave the ball away and who converted? Of course it was Timo Werner, that young Jonjoe is no Trent is he lad? He's not even that young lol.

5.3.png

An early goal from Dom and a big one cause the media had began to talk about his goalless run. What a run from Josh Bowler!.. I know it's league two opposition but this is his debut and what a way to announce yourself to the fans! What a goal! Another great goal and another to add to the Jamees collection. A scrappy one but Bowler got our fourth, Glyfi off the bench kept finding him and what an amazing debut when the young man completed his hattrick! A calm and composed finish.

Towards the end of the match then and Calvert-Lewin also got a hattrick of his own with two more, I'd love it if he could be this clinical in more league games! So we also lost Gordon who went off injured but luckily I'm pretty certain Richarlison is back after this game.

5.4.png

5.5.png

We made a good start today and with Burnley a place above us in the league we really did need to, it was James Rodriguez who got the early goal we needed from a header. The only goal as we managed to hold on and defend well. Unfortunately on his return from injury Richarlison is back on the missing list lol, not for too long thankfully. Hames is out too.

5.6.png

This guy was one of the first players my scouts recommended very early in the save, the man from Ukraine, pretty sure I've heard of him and he's supposed to be quite highly rated irl too. Someone else who also is (I believe) is Ikone and contract negotiations broke down with him and frankly I don't have time to mess around.

newboy.png

newboy2.png

Coming in hot, steamy and ready for action ooff.. we're hampered by injuries but he's got to play with form like tha.. and even his morale.
5.8.png

I dunno what it was today we just didn't have the answers, Digne brought down his man Tete, the referee then went to the monitor and in the end decided to award the pen, which Mitrovic converted. The second poor pass leading to a goal from Kenny in one update, Mitrovic did the rest and got his second, he really does need to be dropped now but who do we replace him with?
5.7.png

We've done it again for the second time in an update, 4 games with 2wins, 2 losses! Inconsistent! Light work was made of Forest Green, we wouldn't expect anything from Chelsea, Burnley's a good result and Fulham well a shock there, frankly it's been happening at home for em 5th win in a row in the league(home), 7 unbeaten at home and 17 of their 24 points coming at home(Scotty P's keeping em up with the home form looks like anyway). We've got a tough game against City to finish on coming up but apart from that some winnable and need to win games!

5.10.png

5.11.png

Last edited:
ever.png

Clips, clips.. clips!

(These goal reactions may contain some strong language)

ever.png

1 or 2 big decisions for this one, Josh Bowler plays on the left, Holgate in at right back and Pickford back in goal. It wasn't going well, we tried and tried to blow their house down but to no avail. To pens it went and 12 successful spot-kicks later, Brad Potts stepped up and went straight down the middle, read by Pickford! Tom Davies the scouser in the team, the academy boy can win it for us and was there any doubt? Of course he scores it, the manager goes absolutely mental!!!!! And the Crowd does too!!

On the new signing, I noticed last game he's actually ginger so big up the gingers lol anyway I won't be calling him by his second name, I'll call him Vic or Victor. Also a youngster from the academy also came off the bench to make his debut, a winger called Sean McAllister.

0.1.png

0.2.png

Another new signing Isak Bergmann Johannesson o with a', quite the mouthful and him and Andre Anderson won't be talked about much as they don't sign til summer. Bergmannn we maybe could have done with now but he's still very young, let him finish his season in Sweden's top division.
This guy Isak the Man I actually plan on playing as a right winger, impressively he's already a natural in three positions.

0.3.png

Tsygankov - tsy.png

Isak Berg - isk.png

Pickford keeps his place..

I don't even know what to say, the only un Everton thing we've not seen much of in this save and more specifically this match is Jordan Pickford making a mistake. I mean that first goal...

I'm just gonna leave you to take in the s**t show.

0.4.png

[RANT MODE]

A quick update on the overall situation right now for the very first time in my career I may get sacked and it's a real possibility. Due to my age, I'm in my mid twenties and a couple of years older according to the club, it all just depends who you ask ;PP, the lads really don't seem to have much respect for me! Managerial support is at an all time low. You see I have to appear older to the players sort of like Diego Costa.

the players have to want to play for the manager and you can make a real strong argument that recent managers for Everton, the players just haven't.

Even at the start when we were on a good run the managerial support never even got above neutral :l.

Interested to see what you all make of this, it's definitely somewhat realistic which is great but I can't help but feel like these players aren't giving me a chance because I'm Henri James, I'm just some Tom, **** or Harry they've never heard of, I'm not a Don Carlo, ....sadly. Anyway on to the game, Calvert Lewin's in.... and this time he does apply the finish that's where you want to see your striker!

[OUT OF RANT MODE]

0.5.png

0.6.png

0.7.png

0.8.png

0.9.png

Last edited:
ever.png

1.1.png

1.2.png

Unchanged... so I honestly don't know how they being Liverpool didn't score in this game. they had the chances, admittedly not great ones according to xg but they seemed to beat us with their centre backs all the time. Now in ET at 0-0, Origi comes on and steals the show and disappointed but we didn't create hardly a thing. In hindsight you could say we should of gone for it more but it's Liverpool.
1.3.png

Further bad news as well as Lucas Digne gets injured and we didn't need that, Europa league chances may well be gone now, that's a sad face moment.

1.4.png

Oh nooooo.

Some big changes and almost a free hit as I don't expect to get anything here, Reece James scored a goal from a FK, next was Ziyech with a beautiful FK, curling round the wall and Tomori got a third. That one was from a corner and set pieces proving a problem for us. Listen I'm not happy about that one which you might be able to tell from my explanation but I wouldn't of expected a win anyway.

1.5.png

1.6.png

1.7.png

1.8.png

1.9.png

ever.png
2.2.png

So Alex Iwobi found a lovely finish inside the far post, early today and it was a good bit of one two play from DCL as well! Really unfortunate to concede an equaliser shortly after HT, Olsen seemed to just misjudge the ball and what a kerfuffle really? he really really should have saved that! Thankfully though we managed to get our own slice of fortune today, Iwobi's thunder rocket strike!! Hit the post and then Ramsdale's back! It deserved a goal, well for me anyway.
2.3.png

2.4.png

2.5.png

2.7.png

2.8.png

ever.png

Clips -

(These goal reactions may contain some strong language)

Last edited:
ever.png

Tom Davies has picked up an injury recently and weakens our numbers in midfield but we've not got too many games left so should be fine.

A sell out crowd for this one and with the Saints four points ahead in fifth and City now 8 points ahead with a win this weekend, it's fair to say this is our very last chance at a sniff of top 4. A game of few chances that could of quite easily have gone either way, most important of all I am just glad not to lose although a win here at home would of done very nicely indeed.

3.1.png

Not in the slightest the best performance you've seen in a winning game but nevertheless the boys did a good job and at this stage of the season, very important. Digne's cross found Dom who does what he's brilliant at and heads home!
3.2.png

A really really terrible back pass from Godfrey, the young man played a ball back to Holgate but a poor one, Almiron scored. It took awhile but eventually Iwobi scored a fantastic top corner goal to level then Godfrey almost redeemed himself rising highest, he hit the post from the corner! Another fantastic goal though gave us the lead before the break! James with a brilliant effort at the near post and the audacity to try that! From that range!

We were not done there, a really fortunate ball that got through and Victor made the most of it with a good finish :) which was nice because he did have a goal ruled out a few weeks back. Second half we certainly rode our luck and we even had a few chances ourselves, to get six points out of these last two was very very important!

3.3.png

At a distance it may not actually seem like it but this second FA Cup Semi was of quite the importance to us as long as Burnley don't win the FA Cup and we can finish higher than 7th, we're currently 6th but with others around us. ...... and thankfully for us Liverpool come out victorious.

3.4.png

Allan belts in an absolute howitzer to open the scoring! Lost the description of this game but first half was good today, Victor Tsygankov won a penalty and then James smashed the pen in the corner! This is what you want to see at the crunch time of the season, your team rising to the occasion and I just hope I haven't spoke too soon! I hadn't Adama got one back on 80 mins and Wolves improved second half thankfully 2-1 it ended to the Toffees :)))).
3.5.png

What a f****** goal today! What a f****** substitution! There was absolute f****** limbs when Tsygankov was slipped through and smashed home his finish in the corner! We rode our luck and really got dominated first half but overall today we defended magnificently! That certainly throws a spanner in the works in this year's title race!

And.. for our slight chance of a miraculous top four place, City slipping up with a 1-1 draw against Leeds...
3.6.png

Like you reading along I just can't wait to get on and see what happens with this next game just to bore you for a sec I had to check but that was of course the first time we've gone four wins in a row and yes we haven't even gone three! til now! Will we have our sandals on in the next and last update of the season, who cares we don't need many more points to confirm our place in Europe.

3.7.png

3.8.png

3.9.png