Everton FM (To TOP 4 and Beyond!!!) Blue and Green!

6.14.png

ever.png

We really did play some quite brilliant footy today but for one reason or another.. actually the reason was our defending we just couldn't get the job done. Villar the debutant found a great timed pass to Richarlison and he finished it giving the keeper no chance, again some brilliant liquid football and Villar the architect again slipped in DCL and he found a good finish this too. Watford however were a different team and like a team possessed second half, a really scummy pass from Will Hughes left Sarr with a tap in and then Joao Pedro scored a header to equalise from a poor missed header from Gallardo.

I hate to say it, who knows what's gonna happen but I really don't know if we can keep up this form going in to the crunch stage of the season, not with defending like this, draws in our last 2 games now.

7.1.png

Very tough draw in Europe for the boys! One that I'm looking forward to though, you always want to test yourself against the best sides! Also this is the L16 stage, I guess because we won our group we skip the round 32.

7.2.png

We played a beautiful team goal to give ourselves an early lead today and it was Richarlison, finishing it off. Despite being dominated first half I was pretty happy with our defending til Hojbjerg stuck one in the top corner from range! Second half I really felt like we came in to the game, grew if you like but James coming on with some poor decision making, Iwobi on the other hand got a lower rating but in my book made some good decisions. So for me to have to tell you that we lost it late when the ball fell kindly to Dele Alli and he finished it thrillingly is a disappointment. Just have to move on.

7.3.png

Victor Tsygankov opened the scoring in today's game and he cut inside his marker, whipped the ball round towards that far post, top corner! My oh my we made it difficult for ourselves today, an amazing counter from The Cherries, Dom Solanke played a fantastic one two and what a return pass from Brooks with his head, the English striker finished it superbly! We pushed and pushed and it rather looked like it was going to be one of those days, there have been a few lately.. but the man of the moment step forward Abdoulaye Doucoure to score an absolute screamer!!! It was cut back to him and just begging to be hit, Gallardo put the result beyond doubt with a piledriver of his own and it came from Stacey's mistake.
7.4.png

A difficult one to take because Iwobi will pretty much miss the whole season now, unlikely to play with a lack of fitness unless he absolutely has to.

7.5.png

What a brilliant ball in from Jaaaaameeesss, whipped in and almost impossible to defend, who else but Moise Kean our top goal scorer on the end of it? James involved again, good link up between him and Victor from the corner then Araujo's missed header fortunately works out perfectly for the dummy and for Gallardo to score from the tightest of angles. I can't believe what I'm seeing... Bellingham is found to have handled the ball in the box.. given and James converts.. 3-0.. is this tie over? Don't rub your eyes we are away from home as well.
Of course in the second half Erling Haalaad was slipped in and scores, in hindsight it might of been a good idea to drop deeper sooner. Moise Kean breaks away on the counter, he just keeps running.. and running.. he finishes his dinner! Of course he does, 22nd of the season in as many starts!! This is defo a big confidence booster for us.

7.6.png

Right so the QF draw is here and the draw for the Semis also, if we can push past Dortmund, we will play either Fenerbahce or Sporting, a tie finely poised with Fenerbahce winning their home leg 2-0. With the teams left in the competition, i've gotta say I'm feeling very optimistic about our chances, we may well have in fact drawn the toughest opponent already, one of Napoli or Valencia will 100% be out as they play each other, Porto still remain in the cup and there's some good sides on our side of our SF draw, the likes of Milan, Frankfurt and Lille.
7.7.png

7.8.png

Right so as you can we've gone through a bit of a sticky run losing one and drawing one in the league along with a draw before that but really really important to get back to winning ways, two big wins away against Bournemouth and Dortmund. Next time we'll find out if we can see out the job in the second leg against BVB and two absolutely mahoooossssssive games against Chelsea and then United who sit 3 points behind with a game in hand, we play both at home.

7.9.png

7.10.png

ever.png

Superb header to open the score today from Micheal Keane! Then the other centre half Araujo finds another great header, keeper again absolutely no chance. What a run from Tsygankov!! jinking left and right.. the full back doesn't know which way he's going and then he slips it under the keeper at his near post! Brentford pushed and pushed to put us under pressure second half Ivan Toney, pouncing on his rebound to score but truthfully the result never really looked in doubt. Rich was unlucky hitting the post in added time with a lovely lofted through ball from Villar which put him in.

8.1.png

The youth intake is here and without really sieving through this lad Abass Appiah looks quality, with 11 first touch, very high passing, finishing, determination and bravery he may not be far off our first team picture at all!
8.2.png

A great counter-attack which was led by Lucas Digne, passed to Kean then he slotted it through to Richarlison who finished nicely, tie over. Haaland hit the post late on when he really should of scored but it wouldn't of made any difference anyway. Sporting await us in the QF, they progressed with a 5-1 thumping of Fenerbahce in Turkey.
8.3.png

Very very happy with how we're doing at the minute however with how tight the league table is, two bad results here could ruin it for us which will be tricky because out of the top 6 sides, Chelsea and United are probably the two we've found most tricky, I don't think we've beat Liverpool yet but a couple of 3-3 draws against them.

Chelsea really were on top of the play first half, Timo Werner scored from Kovacic's pass and a superb powerful finish giving the keeper no hope. Again it was the Croatian and the German linking up once more and defensively we can just never contain Chelsea. I was fearing the worst after 20 minutes but Richarlison came on and scored an absolute worldie, honestly one of the best goals I've ever seen. 2-1 it finished, in hindsight maybe playing 4231 wasn't the best decision, we did out xg them but not that I've been taking a lot of notice of xg in fm well not in all games.
Richarlison's goal won Goal of the month n the 3rd time an Everton player has won it this season, second for him.

8.4.png

So Moise Kean opened the deadlock in today's match and he did it within a minute of the restart, fantastic ball in to feet from James and he run at the defender as he does so well and never looked anything other than assured in his finish. His dribbling a problem again and James stepped up to take and miss a penalty, saved to De Gea's right post. Ultimately the game plan today was to defend heroically and have plenty of off the ball movement and player's roaming around the pitch. It seemed to work....... I mean according to the media.... fortunate to win.... lol alright then we had less shots, more xg and having watched the game imo, more and the better chances. I'm really happy.

8.5.png

Still far from secure in our race for top four, very close as it has been all season, Liverpool however have been around 5 points ahead all season as well; they should confirm their third title in as many years in the coming weeks. Two big European games also an away trip across the City, I'd have been hoping by this point we'd have a better idea whether we should push for CL in Europe or the league but hopefully with 4 games left after the next post, that won't be the final post and we'll still be on our journey across Europe.

8.6.png

8.7.png

ever.png

Not a great one for the spectator this one. Given the superb season we're having I guess the boys are entitle to rare off days but it's just not what you want in a big QF in Europe. I'm happy though to get out of there with a 0-0 they will consider themselves unlucky not to score but we'll take this to Goodison with confidence.
9.1.png

Jesus Gallardo pulled off some good link up play with DCL who'd been pushed out to the left and Dom scored a tidy finish to convert the first goal. I mean the shambles of our defending for the equaliser was unacceptable, first of all the centre half Keane doesn't track the runner, doesn't get across the front post and then the keeper moves toward the middle of the goal and out of the way for the striker to score.... sooooooooooooo ****** frustrating, he basically just lets him walk it in from half a yard out and Yankov puts his cheeky finish in.. he could hardly miss!!

9.2.png

This really is a huge game for the lads! The biggest of the season! Ben Godfrey found a brilliantly timed pass over their defence and Victor Tsygankov made it 1-0 near post finish. Next goal was a counter, Victor was running through again can any defender stop him? Yes Pedro Mendes with a good tackle but the ball falls to Kean his dribbling is superb right now and he also finds that near post. Just before the break Godfrey repaying my faith in starting him with another excellent pass over their defence, Richarlison caught it well and that surely means tie over??!

The second half didn't provide much of a spectacle but late on Sebastian Coates scored from a corner but no signs of a monumental collapse, we're through to the Semis!!! Lille await us as the final hurdle to a European final, Lazio and Valencia contest the other tie.

9.3.png

It was fantastic to get the goal from Calvert-Lewin against the run of play today and even though the team threw it away last 15 minutes, we never really ever were.. in the game. Wijnaldum slide threw and scored, Milner arrived at the back stick and composed when it mattered, last of all Trent with a beautiful FK.

9.4.png

So as I predicted (going forward)really a close end to what has been a very entertaining top four race, yes we've had a few lucky results but then we don't have the funds the 4 clubs currently above us have. City and recently Utd have looked the most likely imploders but will the Toffees be able to capitalise?? If our better option of European glory is possible and at stake in a final, that game will come in the season end of update.

9.5.png

9.6.png

ever.png

We concede from an early corner and under a minute in to the game!!... Bissouma header a bullet! Keane of all people found some space with no one around in the box and the rebound prodded home by Kean. Another set piece, corner in fact despite our efforts we can't seem to stop corners, the height in the team isn't great anyway Dunk and then Ajer scoring, causing the problem. Menino's late strike and half volley gave us hope but not enough and we couldn't find a winner! Sooooo disappointing!!
10.1.png

10.2.png

Iwobi's out injured again after just returning for a game with the u23s. It's just not the time for injuries, Aruajo and now Tsygankov when we really need these players!

10.3.png

Another 0-0 in the big game away in Europe, first leg. We just about edged the play I felt created the much better chances but not too much to write home about. Encouraged for the second leg but it will still be a tough, tricky game.
Injury after inj, they just keep coming and now our leading striker, our linchpin in attack will be out for the rest of the season : ((. Kean missing for the league game as well.

10.4.png

10.5.png

10.6.png

Another quite disappointing result and I really hate to say it but, it may well look like we're running out of steam and at just the precise moment we need all the steam and reliable lads out there! Richarlison off injured in just 5 minutes and not long after, Martinelli gave Arsenal a lead, a really unlucky one for us.. he also scored the second, Saka with a magnificent assist when the ball was whipped in. Tyler Roberts did nothing up front and to be fair to him, he's not played all season however Kean back for Lille is good news well what a huge game that is!
10.7.png

Loren their striker really was in good form today, he hit the woodwork early on and then Saliba's effort found the back of the net! ......... ..it's just not our game... James injured shortly before this goal and they've mounted up at crunch time. Gomes got a goal then Loren won and converted the pen and then the man who conceded it scored a late header from our FK, Araujo.
10.8.png

Seems to lose our way when he came off first half.
10.9.png

A brilliant bit of play from Glyfi Sigurosson winning the ball and finding a quick pass to Moise Kean who found a low accurate finish too quick for the GK. We held on, that turned out to be a really big win for the boys and especially with City slipping up to Brentford the day before, they lost 2-0 away and facing another away trip to Chelsea on last day; United however sit on 74 and can confirm qualification midweek playing, 15th placed Fulham while Utd also finish with a second home game against bottom of the pile West Ham.

10.10.png

https://youtu.be/7WTSLgxxmww

A routine win for Utd then midweek and if we could win our game just hoping for a Chelsea result or draw for the City 1.

Just 24 seconds in and Ben Godfrey whips one in from the flank followed by a brilliantly placed header bending away from Schmeichel, I mean that is how you put pressure on another result! Victor and Ben causing problems on the right and Godfrey is on hand to put the finishing touch on a goal! Brilliant build up play! ... Kean with a perfectly weighted pass Tsygankov can just run out to it... and a real silky finish from him!

This game could and should be over at HT now.. City meanwhile just snuck in front from Cancelo's goal before the ht break. Leicester have managed to somehow get two back! First from Moreles's header then an absolute rocket from James Justin that stayed hit!! With less than 10 to go City still lead after Abraham just equalised on 76 min but the Citizens back in front from a Tomori OG.

10.11.png

https://youtu.be/j_sMYO3ZIAQ

We did our job and City's result............ .......................................... the oil rich club hang on and confirm their European spot! : ((((((((((

10.12.png

ever.png

A closer look at the Goal and goals of the Season won by Rich, he actually got 2 of the top 3. A hefty chunk of change to spend in the window then and with selling a few also I expect it to be a fair bit more.
11.5.png

11.1.png

11.2.png

Obviously a really good season then, with City even having shaky moments perhaps annoyed we didn't put further attention on the league but it's difficult we didn't really go more for one more or stronger players in one competition, in the end too many injuries particularly to the forward players. A Europa League Semi and a point behind fourth with 76 points in a season then that saw Leeds narrowly secure Europa above Spurs, LFC winning 3 league titles in a row and West Ham losing 29/38 games and finishing bottom with 15 points.
11.3.png

Nice that Kean was able to find a place in the Team of the Year and also as Young Player of the Season.
11.4.png

Penalty wins for Chelsea then in the FA Cup Final, Lazio win a thriller against Lille, Immobile with 2, finally Liverpool found European glory 2-0 against Real with goals from Salah and Firmino.

11.6.png

11.7.png

11.8.png

ever.png

First off a special credit has to go to Moise Kean this season who even getting injured a good few times was one of the first names on the team sheet and just because his goal scoring form demanded it! Whether it was at right back or centre half, Godfrey was a permanent cog in this side, Keane, Allan, Doucoure, Araujo and Livakovic as well. In the attacking slots, Glyfi chipped in with 7 assists, Iwobi will be disappointed not only picking up just 16 starts but a lot of injuries too.

Elsewhere, James was probably the best but good contributions from Richarlison, Tsygankov and DCL. Further down, Gordon had a poor season, Roberts too and finally Digne who will likely be sold, with 1 year left and also after reacting rather badly to Gallardo's competition for his spot, the less he played, the worse he played.

10. 14.png

ever.png

The first of the new signings and this lad could well go to the very top! Here's hoping! The next George Best!? So we'll start off with the lads who won't join yet and a certain theme of what's to come with the first our Russian centre half who joins next summer, Wolf as well comes in but not for 30.. well 29 months.
0.1.png

0.2.png

0.3.png

0.4.png

0.5.png

0.6.png

Moving in to June we first signed full backs or wing backs rather Almamy Toure for the right and Giuseppe Pezzella for the left. With serious cover and competition needed at centre half Ajer comes in for £20M of the 50msss on four players, Joachim Anderson is the last to sign who irl actually played really well against my team Liverpool at the weekend(prev weekend now).
11.9.png

11.10.png

11.11.png

11.12.png

Right so moving on the big guns, someone who I was going to sign back in January was the main marquee signing this summer, Lovro Majer I really wanted this one and gives us two big pluses, the most attacking player in a midfield 433 hopefully.. and also a very competitive and quality replacement for James in the middle of a 4231 as the playmaker. With enough money still in the kitty we also further strengthen the forward positions, Emiliano Buendia comes in who's flirted with big clubs irl and if we don't create or score goals this season I'll be surprised; the real question I want him to answer though is can he step up?

11.13.png

11.14.png

11.15.png

Last of all we confirmed City reject later in pre season, Yangel Herrera, some uncertainty around Glyfi staying for another year at least but here we hopefully have a better player; at least well rounded I would say.
11.16.png

11.17.png

So a lot of signings coming early in the window actually come as last season's transfers, Holgate, Davies and Digne all left for a combined £85m. The big signings arrived in pre season and Jonjoe Kenny already sewed up left, Roberts left on loan and Sigurosson on a free.

11.18.png

11.19.png

11.20.png

11.21.png

11.22.png

11.23.png

ever.png

Largely similar expectations to last season, the board expect us to get to the Europa League second round this time and this season will be my most ambitious yet to land silverware at the end of it, I'm hoping an FA Cup! Or Europa.
1.1.png

A good pre season, we did struggle a bit against Porto but coming up in the next post a difficult tough first game but then we play 2 promoted sides, last season's 10th place side Leicester and Watford who finished bottom half last time out, 14th to be exact.

1.2.png

ever.png

No less than four of the six new first team signings come in, Pezzella was always going to start if fit and a solid pre season but Buendia more of a toss-up, Tsygankov actually having the better of pre seasons so him not to start is against the norm. ..................................................................................................... I don't even have words to describe.... 5-2 at HT, De Gea really should have saved Buendia's debut day hat-trick late on but didn't. we had a first opening 25 of the game and season that dreams are made of.
2.1.png

Quite lucky to get a result here, it was a game that could have gone either way. We did look the more likely as the game went on however and DCL got the winner, Almamy Toure a new signing with a great cross.

2.2.png

Charlton in the CB for us and hopefully we do a bit better this year.
2.3.png

What a start! Dom's fouled in the box and Majer with absolutely no doubt about the penalty, his first start as well and what a way to start. 96 Seconds in to your debut start. What a ball, my OH MY.. what a ball and Dom Calvert-Lewin has the whole of the right side of the goal to aim at and he finds it brilliantly first time! Fortunately in the end Kean is in and through, after making a run from well well inside his own half he scores. Almamy Toure cuts one back for to Doucoure for a nice finish, top corner, the assister with his second in 3 games since joining.

Pezzella's turn to get involved, this time he crosses from the left and Doucoure on the end of it again this time a header. Tsygankov off the bench comes on and scores number 6! Real howler from the keeper and very similar as well to the 6th goal against United. 7!????? A goal for the Big man Ajer just and only just onside.

2.4.png

Really really annoying because Toure has played every game so far but he'll come back.
2.5.png

We struggled against these away last season and hopefully we can keep this run going. Brilliant pass and brilliant touch on the end of it by Emi Buendia! Godfrey conceded a penalty not long after when Joveljic was fouled and then put the pen away as well.
2.6.png

So the draw for the group stages is here and I mean it's not quite the groups we would've wanted to be in but never the less could be worse, Sevilla will provide tricky competition to top the group and AZ might give us a good match if we rest a few too many.
2.7.png

2.8.png

Menino's not been back in the side for long but he assisted with a great cross and fantastic low header in to corner from Kean! Great patient build up play and slipped through by Rich, Buendia is in for his fifth goal of the season in as many games! Looks like Tsygankov is in for some competition. Pezzella another of the new signings who's started well was sent off for a really silly tackle, no need to make it.
2.9.png

We couldn't have asked for a better start than that, 13 points and you'd expect the draw to have come against United but it didn't. Next time there's our first taste of the CB Cup and also Europa League, Villa and Leeds come to Goodison as well.

2.10.png

ever.png

Dybala, Sterling and Odegaard all made huge moves this summer.
3.1.png

Omez Beyaz with a brilliantly taken FK which found the man of the moment right now, Buendia who finished on the volley. We dominated the match but not much else of note to talk about highlights wise. Andersen made his debut today after missing our first month of the season through injury.

3.2.png

Cut back by Richarlison and what a finish by Doucoure! What a goal.. quick clever thinking from the throw and Gallardo plays a pinpoint accurate pass in to feet.. Richarlison in one movement great touch and and an even better finish. Who else but Richarlison fouled on an unforgettable day especially for Leeds defenders; James converted that pen and made it 3. Calvert-Lewin made it 4-0 when Godfrey's second cross found his England teammate for the header.

3.3.png

It's always Liverpool in the cup!

3.4.png

Absolute scenes when Emi Buendia finds a long free kick from almost our own half prodded in by Dominic Calvert-Lewin! Sometimes when it's going for you it's really going for you! This game I felt we were deserving winners, played well but probably had one two many new signings on the pitch, thankfully though our incredible run of late continues!

3.5.png

17 seconds, 17 seconds!!! Are on the clock and we hammered through ,Richarlison to Calvert-Lewin goal!!! This football is just tremendous, beautiful stuff lately again it's the Richarlison and DCL connection and despite there being 3 defenders right on him he still manages to get a great finish off and sneak it under the legs of the defender, well it looked like it. James found Keane from a corner for number 3.

Another corner from the Columbian whipped in and Dom heads home to bag his hat-trick, only 25 mins gone! Villa came out with a good responsive second half and Yarmolenko with an excellent pass that found Watkins, we had the last laugh though adding a fifth from Kean's cross, that gives Lewin his fourth of the day!

3.6.png

Godfrey went off injured in that game and he's out for 3-4 weeks.

I'm trying not to get carried away but we've won 8/9 games so far this season we've got 19/21 points in the league and our goal difference is 21! Not gonna show the league yet but currently we are 3 points ahead at the top with Arsenal, Utd and Liverpool within four of us. Next post there is our toughest and easiest game, on paper in EL, there's also very very tricky league games, all of them seem to come in a bunch in the first half of the season; after Chelsea and Arsenal away we also play City away and Liverpool away in the cup.

3.7.png

ever.png

Another incredibly quick start today and it's something we're really making a habit of, Iwobi bursting forward after we won it and Tsygankov managed to just position himself right in front of the defender. The return of the exchange, Tsygankov finds Iwobi he runs at his full back and finds the near post. Beni finds Victor at the back stick for 3, great link up play once more from Vic and Alex another cross field ball and Iwobi dribbles superbly, what a clinical finish!

4.1.png

Anderson with his second injury in only his second month and a long one which is frustrating having just signed.
4.2.png

Not a great day for ..these boys in blue today but it was for Chelsea, some great build up gave Sancho two first half goals. Abraham was also very good today and he added the third, so in the end just a case of them being more clinical than us.
4.3.png

Another disappointing display today we didn't play great and perhaps one or two, too many changes. Marcos Acuna scored the only goal of the game and that makes things a bit tricky now but should still qualify.

4.4.png

The cheek of that, Richarlison played a rabona pass on the run and on the same day Erik Lamela scored a gorgeous goal irl against Arsenal anyway he caught it and weighted it perfectly for Emi Buendia to run on to and finish, in the last kick of the game! Really lucky to get this result after being dominated but the game plan was clear, frustrate the Gunners who have the better players and were at home.

4.5.png

Going well in the EL and going good in the league also but lets not count our chickens just yet. Next up there's away games against City n Liverpool and a huge game in Europe at Goodison as well.

4.6.png

4.7.png

ever.png

Fantastic ball from Mo Salah it was some switch and Musa Barrow took it brilliantly. Wober's cross was hit by Lautaro Martinez a thunderous volley!! Lovely build up again and the South American adds his second, his third came from Fabinho on the other side and FabINHO involved again for their fifth goal Chukwueze finishing things off with a lovely calm finish and great build up. We were utterly outclassed out there.
0.1.png

0.2.png

How many shots did we need to get a goal? Or even passes, we eventually get in and the Richarlison hits the post..! ..but Tsygankov on hand to put in the rebound. Richarlison had a really really huge pivotal moment through on goal 1v1 and he fluffed it, unfortunately it was Tsygankov who came on conceding a pen on Laporte and KDB just smashing the ball under the arm of Livakovic. That was a dominating performance from their team today and we can find ourselves quite lucky to come away with a point however the lads showed heart, defended resolutely and had counter attacks second half.

0.3.png

Great start and fantastic ball Allan to Tsygankov, finishes it superbly. Victor Tsygankov supplies a great pass and brought in brilliantly on the chest by Moise Kean and what a finish! A ball in behind our defence was finished off by Munir just before half time, thankfully in the second the lads held out for the 2-1 victory which keeps our destiny in our hands for the group.
0.4.png

I switched Almamy out on the left second half with Menino coming on, Toure was the one he provided the assisted and slipped in DCL who converted comfortably with a near post effort. Gratefully we hung on, especially grateful to our defence who improved a lot second half.
0.5.png

A bit more of a wake up call in this post again! A defo big wake up let's be honest against our Merseyside rivals in the cup, we've done tremendously to pick up four points in away games to City and Arsenal and a very important European win too. Next update we'll find out our European fate, a good win against AZ will make the Zorya game a dead rubber. Elsewhere Burnley and Brentford sit in the bottom half so six points are expected and needed.

0.6.png

0.7.png

ever.png

Emi Bunedia wide on the right crosses to Iwobi who comes flying in and smashes his shot off the post and in! Ajer missed a header in the second 45 from about a yard out, horrible miss! Finally we find the second and Ajer this time with no doubt about his header, top corner and assisted from Buendia's corner. De Wit actually made it interesting for them late on but we managed to hold out for 2-1.

1.1.png

Honestly this is one of the most defensive teams and formations I've ever seen, no wonder it seemed so hard for us to break em down the amount of players they had back and despite the one striker looked dangerous on the break. Here's a ss of their formation.
1.2.png

A frantic start in this one, first Owusu played the ball at the perfect time for Idah to slot home then Tsygankov found a great pass to Buendia who finished it well. Livakovic made a crucial late save from Gudmundsson's fk and the game finished level.
1.3.png

One of the two big key players who may have left for free have signed up for an extra 2 years, the other play yet to sign is Allan.
1.4.png

i was seriously confused as to why we have over 6 weeks of no football around a third of the way through the season and it's because of the World Cup.. in Qatar. Plenty of Everton players in 10 going and the contenders of those sides, (order of rank)Croatia, Italy, 10th rank Colombia and 5th rank England.
1.5.png

Two games before the break, should win this one. Good link up play and Pezzella combined with Richarlison who makes the breakthrough, near post finish. What a move!! Kean with the finish keeper gets a hand on it but can't keep the ball out. Richarlison found a cross to Kean before ht, the two dangermen with a connection. Tremendous goal for number 4, great switch by Victor and Richarlison with a classy finish.

Keane headed in Buendia's corner for our fifth, last of all?? I've instantly covered my mouth and pulled an : OOO face, another splendid team move and Richarlison hits it on the volley and oh my it was a SCREAAAAMMMEEEERRR!!.

Great improvisation from Kean who added number 7. Aramu with a late consolation goal for them and he really did catch it well! Pezzella is not done there he made it 8-1 with a special goal of his own just begging to be hit.

1.6.png

Finally, finally.. we make the breakthrough today and Allan's assist was finished off ever so delicately by Richarlison who lifted it away from keeper superbly. Kean made it two from Tsygankov's corner. Kean fouled late on and.. Majer came off the bench and scored, he's been complaining and we had a really passionate convo about his playing time recently.

What a ball, Majer with it was it a pass? Was it a clearance, who cares I don't Kean was tackled but first to the ball in front of the goalie and puts it away!

1.7.png

We actually finished top of the group since Sevilla must have drawn to AZ in the last game. In the league it's early days and no game til 7 weeks which could have a real impact on a few sides; lets hope it's not us because we haven't been the only team amongst the big teams this year, Leeds and Leicester are going well so far at least. Elsewhere defending champions Liverpool sit in 6th, six off the top and three behind City and Leicester.

1.8.png

It's also fair to say there's a bit of a gulf of quality with four teams with over +20 gd and four teams with over -20. Next up we'll find out the winners of the WC, visit Brighton in 19th place on our return and our FA Cup third round opponents await.

1.9.png

ever.png

So just a few friendlies to help with fitness levels and to help the likes of Menino who was injured in the break and Andersen coming back from an Everton career so far that's he spent more time on the side lines, than the pitch.

3.4.png

He sounds saucy.
3.1.png

A tournament to remember then for England, finally! Ben Godfrey was an important part of it playing most games while DCL meanwhile wasn't he didn't even get on and not even in the warm up games. England started with a 5-1 thumping of Ghana and their highlight perhaps beating Spain 3-0 in a SF, looked from the stats at least.. a great counter attacking performance.
3.2.png

3.3.png

Oldham and Fulham came to town. Norwich in the FA Cup, a tricky game against Spurs too that's whats coming ; ) : o.

Tsygankov helps put us in front and it was Ben Godfrey who headed in his corner, Matty Ryan in goal maybe should have done better. Ryan seemed to redeem himself with a good save from Tsygankov's pen, he won that as well but then from the Ukrainian's FK, he stands still in his goal and puts one hand up when the ball hits the corner, postage stamp style! Felipe Anderson was sent off late in the match, a really silly dangerous challenge.

3.5.png

A reunion for Buendia with his ex Norwich teammates. 11 changes for this one which is something you don't see too often. Iwobi headed one down from Gallardo's cross and James Rodriguez caught it magnificently! Then it was James involved once more he played a brilliant through ball pass and DCL gave the goalie no chance, then Menino laid one off to DCL who smashed it high to the keeper's near post.

Iwobi scores our fourth, O'Riley got sent off second half and James scored a FK in the second too, keeper should have done better. DCL completes his hat-trick with a powerful effort but terrible goalkeeping from Freddie Woodman, again.

3.6.png

3.7.png

What a season we are having and I'm not sure I totally believe we can win the league but if we're still in with a shout with twenty more games gone we'll certainly give it our best shot!!

3.8.png

We couldn't have come back better from the break to be totally honest, 3 straight victories, clean sheets and 10 goals. Next time we start and finish with two tricky away fixtures and sandwiched in between two must wins, at least in terms of our ambitions this season.

3.9.png

Last edited:
ever.png

Another favourable draw this time round against Sunderland we have to make the most of it!
4.1.png

4.2.png

So Tsygankov picked up another injury and this is why I have so many attacking options, most of them get injured.

4.3.png

What a goal, slipped through..... to what looked like nobody... but it was a a fantastic ball and Richarlison on the end of it. Richarlison again is the danger, tripped in the box... Majer converted from the pen spot to seal the victory.

4.4.png

4.5.png

Leicester really gave us a good game out there, either side could've won it and they took the lead, Zaha unlucky hitting the post but Barnes was first to the rebound. Kean got the equaliser and what a lovely delicate little chip it was to get it! We missed two of the new front 4 today we have been going with of late, Buendia's been playing central more and more but I'm still disappointed with the performance. Leicester like you've come to expect getting their recruitment spot on when I was deciding on opposition instructions for this game, I had my wandering eye on a few of them.

4.6.png

Menino was fouled in the box early on, Majer scored the spot kick. Menino again the architect, his cross found Iwobi who volleyed the ball home! A great cross from Majer's FK secured our passage to the next round, Doucoure got his head on the end of it.

4.7.png

That Leicester game was our huge chance to top the table, we could've gone top on goal difference with Chelsea and Utd. Next time we'll play some easier games, I'd like to hope that we're still in with a shout of the title at the end of it.

4.8.png

4.9.png

ever.png

The tough draw is here for us and on the upside at least we are at home.
5.1.png

Moise Kean recovered a ball out wide, whipped his cross in and Allan smashed it in at the near post! We absolutely dominated Fulham first half and they don't seem to gain much confidence second either, calamity in their defence then DCL found a well timed pass then a drilled, powerful and accurate finish from Kean. Neal Maupay having just signed came on for the last 10.
5.2.png

Poor goal to concede from a Forest point of view but DCL won't mind being gifted a goal 30 seconds in. Toure found the striker again and he headed home, bottom corner, Menino picked the ball up from Ajer's header he then ran the length of the pitch and finished!

5.3.png

Iwobi is set to leave after I did my absolutely best to keep him, I only wanted to keep him til the end of this season but after kicking up quite a fuss and eventually handing in a transfer request there is little I can do. With every passing month it seems more and more concrete he's becoming the rotation option and second choice to Rich, speaking of the Brazilian both these lads have 18 months left and the plan recently was to let Alex leave in 6 months.

I don't really like to spilt up sides halfway through a season, especially when we're playing so well but when it's out of your hands, it's out of your hands. Deadline day is upon us and now at an end with Iwobi shipping out to Atalanta and Declan Rice aka Judas (Ireland joke) coming into the blue side of Merseyside with that same money. Some good long term thinking here... Kean will be likely to play more on the left like he has done in the last 2, Rich is now back tho and Maupay is likely to get more football up top than I expected.

5.4.png

The reason it's good for the long term is I've had my eye on Rice since the summer, since West Ham were relegated, (trouble is it would have cost around £50M then). Allan is still yet to sign a new deal with only five months left and with West Ham sitting 2nd, in the promotion places for Championship footy best to get the deal done now and not later.
5.5.png

Liverpool went big on Atalanta centre half Bettella and tbf that deal probably funded the Iwobi deal which in turn funded our deal for Rice so in the grand scheme of things our closest rivals did us a big favour!
5.6.png

A number of u18s players signed new deals in this window, Jagne, left back Matthew Thomas and Isak Bergmann Johannesson all joined up with the 1st team squad, one of the players who did get a work permit eventually and has spent around 10 months out in the last year with a nasty injury is Isak. That ss is from 2 years back but with that injury not much has changed in his ability, despite it being the winter one a busy window, plenty of players went on loan with the added youngsters we simply had too many sitting around.
5.8.png

5.12.png

For the second year running the board took all our leftover funds due to debts, it's almost like they don't want me to have a rainy day fund for Jan. The Rice deal not the only signing with Maupay another player who arrived and was funded by the sale of an asset, Tyler Roberts. Last of all Txus Alba was loaned and made his move permanent after Birmingham were sniffing around his out of contract situation and finally Chris Walmsley's ss too.

5.7.png

5.9.png

5.10.png

5.11.png

A tough day today, we almost went behind first half but Sarr's goal was ruled out for offside, in the second Menino went to right back as Toure could only manage 60 today and I knew that before the game, Rice came on to make his debut and another who came on was Moise Kean; the Italian was defo the match winner and was so dangerous he could've even scored more.

5.13.png

5.14.png

5.15.png

5.16.png

ever.png

Majer was exceptional today.

6.1.png

Allan decided to stay and after so long, I was thankfully to him for doing so.

6.2.png

6.3.png

A tough... ish draw for us to contest then but we'll fancy our chances, a long way to go but Chelsea perhaps currently the best team in the competition, Lille still in it and QF opponents last year Sporting knocked out City 2-0 in Portugal's capital city.
6.4.png

6.5.png

6.6.png

6.7.png

6.8.png

Last edited:
ever.png

Not a great game for the neutrals this one, Emi hitting the post from a fk first half and then Smith Rowe doing the same thing from a really inviting, guilt edged opportunity but he missed the goal from a few yards out. Perhaps a bit of Mourinho tactics in terms of my management in this game, I didn't want to lose more than I wanted to win, Arsenal were about 7 points behind with a game in hand for the Toffees but if we fail short of the title by a few points still seems unlikely given every opportunity we have to top the table this season we bottle it but if we do you can all shout and blame me for being a willow.

7.1.png

Richarlison was pretty much unplayable for them today, first Kean came on and assisted him for what was a powerful effort at the near post. After that he got up really well from Toure's cross and gave the keeper no chance with his header!

7.5.png

Tsygankov injured and after a dramatic spectacle and excellent result against City our run in the FA Cup isn't getting any easier! ...Another injury to deal with now as well luckily James hasn't been in the team much recently.

7.2.png

7.3.png

7.4.png

What a way to start your Everton career, on his debut Txus Alba comes on and is teed up for a volley by Pezzella and he caught it fantasticly!! We failed to finish our chances and a tricky day today, Wilson even hit the post in added time but a crucial win that sends us top for now!

7.6.png

Briliant start from the boys, Moise Kean was adjudged to be fouled in the box and the Richy Rich man Rich put away the pen, The Richy Rich man Rich put away the pen to continue his rich run of form!?. United didn't waste too long getting back in to it, Pogba found a fantastic ball to Rashford who finished with class, second half Rashford again the key heading down to Dybala who completed the comeback with a composed finish! Unlucky today but overall defended quite poor.

7.7.png

We briefly went top of the table after that late late goal against the Magpies but when United came up against the lads, they reclaimed their spot at the top. Coming up in the next post we'll have the first leg of the QFs of the EL, big games against Chelsea, United again and then in the following post City.

Can we make top four? Man I really hope so!

7.8.png

7.9.png