Everton FM (To TOP 4 and Beyond!!!) Blue and Green!

ever.png

Kind of sums up our season this game does, we've been up there with a chance but just can't seem to quite beat that last hurdle, not particularly a game we deserved to win but West Ham did defend well and after four wins in a row it's nice to at least remain unbeaten. City however played their toughest remaining game at home to Chelsea, a 1-1 draw.

4.1.png

Not a great way to concede but none the less I have to admit it was a brilliant counter attack, finished clinically be Shackleton. It took us a long old while but eventually Tsygankov give it a go up top and equaliser with a nice finish, then it looked like we'd lost it with a brilliant goal from Kilch and for Leeds! Thankfully though we mange to keep our unbeaten run going with an equally brilliant goal from James.
4.2.png

So Allan has picked up an injury before this one, 2 weeks but just 2 games left so out for the season. By no means of the imagination it really was a poor start, conceding in under a minute! And who else would it be other than Alex Telles! Then Amad Diallo scored a brilliant goal curled round the goalkeeper and it seemed we didn't have any answers.

Until however I got into em at half time! Brilliant ball out of defence in behind to Iwobi from Keane and he cuts one back from DCL and Dom curls it round De Gea beautifully!! DCL and Alex with the combination again, Doucoure whips one in but who was there equalising? and completing the comeback those two again! Knock on with the head of Lewin and Iwobi finishes so deadly!

Not shortly after that goal we looked like we may have thrown it away, Williams in dangerous space and Diallo with his second and second beautiful curled effort of the day, our keeper Olsen in goal no chance. We came back from behind once already so I was sure we could do it again, James came on and not for the first time this season and absolute beauty! This one a piledriver or driller if you like but a special mention for DCL second half, 2 goals 1 assist!

4.3.png

Everton FC throwing the cat among the pigeons in title races since 2021.. :DDDDDDDD :pPPPPP.

4.5.png

Last edited:
ever.png

So I've done all I can for you now Liverpool(apart from beating you a few weeks back), it's all over to you... Liverpool at home to resurgent Fulham and Untied away to West Brom. Elsewhere you've got Palace in need of a huge win at home to Burnleey and last of all Southampton with a tough game against City we'll be hoping for a City result and a win against Villa.
4.6.png

Brilliant start for the Blues, Tsygankov with some good play on the right wing and he picked Iwobi out who meet at it at the far post and almost heads it over the GK. Holy **** What a GOALLLL!! Brilliant build up, just superb and Tsygankov takes the ball first time for the cross and smashes it top corner! Now that's game over..! Well at least it should be. It was, elsewhere City got a late Foden winner and saints had JWP sent off not long before, Liverpool started off with two early goals and finished 5-0 winners and champions, meanwhile United didn't only think Fulham weren't coming back but they lost their game completely 2-0 with two late WBA goals.

4.4.png

Who would of thought that in 14 games after losing 3-0 in our own back yard to Chelsea we would end the season unbeaten, we've had six draws in that run but still more wins than draws and if we can put together form like that we'll be in the top four in no time. ?...!

4.7.png

ever.png

A moment to look back on the fans choice of Goal of the Season.

5.2.png

Four players at Everton called up to the Euros and not surprising it's not many, two of which are on loan!

5.4.png

5.0.png

5.3.png

5.1.png

Wolfsburg vs Juve and Chelsea vs Real are the two big European Finals this season, In the first Wolfsburg looked down on and out after two seasoned professionals Cuadrado and Ronaldo scored, but the German side fought back with two goals from defenders! The first before HT was a brilliant volley from their FK. John Brooks got the infamous volley! Penalties! ... Some good pens so far and then Weghorst smashes one wide of the post, Joao Victor misses for Vfl.. pressure building on them now... and Juventus take full advantage straight away they lift the trophy on pens.

5.5.png

Real scored a brilliant team goal finished off by Hazard then Kepa made a big big mistake from the corner, Varane's header goes through his hands, second half kicks off and Isco wraps it up with a smashing effort top corner! Jovic made it four and you know the words, Real Madrid win Champions Leagues with ease!

5.6.png

Okay so I have one more update with signings and pre season still to be played but first there's a BIG decision to be made in the save and I need your help.

Right then so unfortunately the save has been royally messed up by the outcome of Brexit! I hear it can vary but in this save it is not easy to sign players at all, (Isak and Anderson)2 players I signed this summer are currently without work permits and having simmed the save a few times it's going to be very difficult to get them one.

Before a recent update at launch I believe there was a bug that would allow you to gain work permits a short time after signing players but the save is now ultimately in the mud as without these under 21 signings we will surely fail, having to replace 2-3+ older players in 1 or in the space of 2 seasons is just not possible signing 1 player per season. Even signing players from teams lower down the English footy pyramid isn't going to make much sense as they will also largely be relying on their academies, like myself.

Anyway.. so the way I see it we have three options.

Option 1) - Buy the in game editor for £3.99, continuing going on signing any under 21 player <10M, once signed remove their wp from the game and off you go. (Also removing Isak's and Anderson's)
(I don't have much of a problem with this one except that really it's a fair advantage over other teams in the league, I can sign any wonderkid in the world (who wants to come)under 10m.. whilst they can only sign the ones in England and those already breaking through, either can be signed for any price of course.

Option 2) - Restart the save, simulate the first season with no work permits and no brexit added to the game, return from holiday quickly try to get Tsygankov in January,
possibly the other 2 signings too, start playing from season 2. (after uploading results, table, prem team of the year from simmed season1 of course)

Option3 ) - Carry on with the save as it as now with no rules, signing whoever you want whenever you want.

Please help me make a decision, I'm honestly good with all of them.

You can vote here - https://linkto.run/p/SGHCKCS1
And/Or leave me a message below as to why you like an option and I'll get back to you soon as I can.

ever.png
6.1.png

So we've made our signing for this season and unfortunately for no reason I can see he won't actually join until January. Definitely not entirely convinced, he looks decent or solid but really I just want someone who can offer more balance to a right back position with 3rd resort Holgate who doesn't have much going forward. Hopefully by the time he gets here Coleman or maybe even Kenny have left and hopefully he offers more balance too.

6.2.png

6.3.png

Right so you guys will have to bear with me on this one, I'm signing a second signing over 21 this season but disguised as my emergency back up keeper signing : P. Usually I wouldn't do this, I wouldn't cheat but you might remember that my first choice keeper is Jordan Pickford, need I say more... Hopefully you can give me a lil leeway here as I've also been trying to get rid of Jordan, he's on a lengthy contract and with no great number 2 around I'm a lil reluctant to sell as well.

6.5.png

6.6.png

This season really was a toss up between signing a right back or gk, however it's quite likely and possibly a goalie will come in next summer. I just wish it could be done now but Olsen will have to do and at 32 next year, a good time to phase him out perhaps slowly and bring someone younger in. Also right back really really has been a gaping hole for us this season. Unluckily again Olsen won't join til Jan :S Also this was wrote before you guys or girls voted on what to do next.

So after the change of transfer rules I didn't waste much time signing a keeper one I've had my eye on this whole save, a suggestion from my scouts and the good thing about this lad is he fits my philosophy way better than Pickford ever did. He's solid across the board and the only worrying attributes are his communication and agility but hopefully won't be to noticeable.
6.7.png

Next up having failed in a pretty unrealistic attempt to sign Szoboszlai who eventually went to Bayern, we signed Lewis Ferguson and this is actually me or my player in James Allcott's fantastic series on FM, the Five Year Plan with QPR. (Find him on TwitchHERE-https://www.twitch.tv/jamesallcott) Anyway Lewis may not do much for the team right now but hopefully give the lad time and he'll improve!
6.8.png

Finally we have Ronald Mc-.... Araujo haha he's on loan from Barca for roughly £1.7M but the big news is he's available on an optional future deal for £64M!!! only £5M less than his release clause. Spoiler alert Mina has left, his wages were huge!! One of my biggest objectives this summer was to decrease the wage budget substantially, actually managed to reduce it by about 25% from around £2.5M to just over £1.9M. Araujo.... with Mina gone only two senior centre halves remain Godfrey and Keane who actually looked a better partnership in the unbeaten 14 at the end of last season than Mina and Keane.

At some point this season he will play, we've got Europe and hopefully there's gonna be a lot of games. One last thing this summer was riddled with failed signings, two of which were Wober and Milenkovic, both of which I'd have been made up to sign!

6.16.png

6.17.png

World transfers 2021 (Highlighted are Jan signings)

6.10.png

6.11.png

6.12.png

6.13.png

CHRISTENSEN SHOULD BE HIGHLIGHTED

So we are almost at the end of pre season and Iwobi one of the best players recently, is out for 3-4 weeks, DCL was also injured through pre season but early so should be just about 100% fitness for first game day.

6.15.png

So a perfect pre season in the end, plenty of momentum hopefully heading in to a new season, player of pre season? Has to be Moise Kean or Richarlison. With DCL unsettled we may be asking one of these lads to play up front pretty soon!!

6.14.png

6.9.png

6.4.png

ever.png

Playing at home against a newly promoted side, you want to get off to a good start to begin the season and today we did exactly that! Ben Godfrey rose the highest to meet James corner, then Richarlison cut in beat his man and smashed one past the keeper! Just before HT, Deeney's penalty was converted but we restored our two goal advantage from Tsygankov's goal after the break, great finish! Finally James finished off the rout.
7.1.png

We've always found it tricky against the Hammers so far, just one point from two games and today was no different, I really felt like the goal was gonna come and in the end it did but a total freak OG, Lucas Digne absolute walloped the ball straight in to Tom Davies head! He had no time to react, Paul Pogba would of moved out of the way of that but we could've probably played a 1000 games and never see a goal like that again! Thankfully and to my complete surprise there was late drama and pinball in the box but the ball falls to Moise Kean off the bench and he applies the finish!
7.2.png

Unfortunately Vic went off for Kean and he'll miss the next one, starting to think we really do need more forward options if we're gonna play 4231 more often than not.
7.3.png

One of the most frustrating games I've ever managed on FM! Fair play to em, they defended superb and it's Burnley lol but no cutting edge no great chances and no Big Dom, like a number of players, Digne, James more recently and Tsygankov a lil too, they've all been looking for bigger clubs to join and the next step in their career. I mean we had a really quite good season last year in 5th but it seems a lot of them just want to down tools, defo one of the toughest jobs in football! Anyway really tough situation right now.

7.4.png

You could say I'm happy or even just content with that group for Europa, biggest competition is probably 1st seed Besiktas, some good results for games v Anderlecht and then Torpedo Moscow too should see us through!
7.5.png

Liverpool rubbing salt in the wounds as they start Wober for this one. It really wasn't the best first half today and I feared the worst, first a poor goal to concede and Firmino profited. Salah made it 2-0 after the break with a fantastic drilled shot! The new man for Lfc Bentacur with a bad pass giving it away.. and Tsygankov off the bench finds a good pass to Iwobi who finishes at the near post.

Then another brilliant pass this time knocking it on with his head from the Ukrainian, Dom applied the finish! it's 2-2! Real shades of the United game not so long ago last season and Hendo restored their lead, it wasn't great defending but I was soooooo frustrating how it kept just failing back to them for another shot.. :l Tsygankov what a sub today! involved again! I believe it was VVD who made a real mess and not much contact with the clearance if any, another sub was grateful there to prod it home!!! :))) ...What a game that was!

7.6.png

Finally Omer Beyaz comes in been waiting forever it feels like since Jan for this one. Not gonna spend too much time talking about these last two signings, Europa League depth added, firstly Roberts will hopefully stick a rocket up Kean and or DCL, both unhappy atm Kean because he wants a contract. Finally another one from the scouts Gallardo, back up/europa league lb to Digne, Lucas Din has 2 years left, don't wanna see him leave but if he does Jesus should with a bit of luck be our saviour.
7.7.png

7.8.png

7.9.png

7.10.png

Allan is the latest player to be unsettled by a bigger club... Deadline day has ended and one bit of transfer news from January was Bernard leaving nothing else of note happened, in this window we had a couple of late ish deals and with Gallardo in, Nkounkou went out he's also got a buy back of £8M as well.

7.11.png

7.12.png

7.13.png

7.14.png

ever.png

This first goal is honestly one of the worst referee decisions I've ever seen and how the ref and more importantly VAR can't see that Ben Godfrey got the ball is totally beyond me, never the less Bruno converts the pen. Such a horrible goal to concede Holgate misjudges the ball from the FK and then the keeper basically lets the ball go straight through his hands and Pogba scores. I'm absolutely fuming but not like we deserved anything anyway it just burns that little bit more to see the goals go in like that..

8.1.png

Fanttttastic start and great exchange from DCL and Kean and Moisey finishes it well. What a fantastic debut goal from Gallardo, he proper wellied this one and it finds the top corner to my delight! It wasn't a great debut for Beyaz off the bench until his corner found Keane with a great header.

8.2.png

8.3.png

We came out of the blocks swinging today, two quick goals and the best of the bunch the first a lovely little dinky effort from Richarlison. After killing the game off at 3-0 first half we didn't make it too easy for ourselves, first Pereira got one back, poor play to get drawn out of position by Digne then we had a bit of a late scare, another pen I thought we clearly got the ball and they score.. thankfully it ended 3-2.

8.4.png

A real tight one in this game, it really could have gone either way and eventually late on it went the way of the home side, probably just about deserved. Demerai Gray with it, he took it well and on the balance of play probably just about deserved for Leicester. Not concerned at all with this one more time for us to focus our attention on Europe.

8.5.png

A first look at the table this season and not great reading for the Toffees as we don't even sit in the top 10, if we scroll down on the table just a lil you can see us in 11th, level on 9 points with Chelsea and Villa in 12th. Win the games you need to win! Next time there's a big game in Europe and I know one thing for sure, if we've any chance of getting a top four place our league form must improve!

8.6.png

8.7.png

ever.png

Today was a bit of a nervy one I'm not going to lie, Moise Kean always seems to bring it like he did on last years FM for me and today was no different, only Godfrey's second game at right back and he's not wasted any time whipping in a cross that resulted in an assist for him and a goal for Kean on his head. Another good chance shortly after for the Italian came and a really strong hand from Villa keeper Martinez.
9.1.png

We made a dominating start in today's game and against the run of play Besiktas get one chance and put it away from the header. Poor defending letting the cross come in! Around a minute later Tsygankov made a great skilful run and Vida couldn't move out the way, an OG for him. Brilliant play and what a goal, we take the lead and Iwobi scores great team goal! Cenk Tosun returned to his former manager and club today and what a disgraceful tackle! Get off the pitch! That's why I sold you lol.

What a fantastic save from Livakovic second half a right kerfuffle between the players, playing out from the back and he managed to get fingertips to it. Iwobi eventually wrapped it up and put a pretty bow on the win, pinball in the box for his second. 20 shots we had too, Besiktas came to counter so fully deserved win this was!

9.2.png

Absolutely fantastic game to watch this one, both teams going blood and thunder for the win! Despite losing Kane, Spurs having had a good start to this campaign unlike last year.. first half Jaames got the all important first goal and he put some power behind it! Makes it that lil bit more enjoyable, second goal of the day went to the Brazilian Richarlison, he dribbled all the way from out wide and smashed a low drilled thunder-**** under the keeper!! From all of about 30 yards!! Scenes!!! Lo Celso did get a consolation.. in the end but when he did and the keeper just couldn't get a big enough palm on it my heart really was in my mouth.

Huge win! Because we're now up to 5th and 5 points behind LFC.

9.3.png

Two magnificent goals from Kean today and in particular the second was really special. Even more impressive that winning goal was considering we had 10 men as Digne went off injured for the last 20. Another fantastic save late on from the other Dom in the team and what a ****** signing he has been so far!

9.4.png

Digne's out for awhile now but on the upside, Gallardo has been more than earning his stripes in the side. Come to think of it from our summer signings only Tyler Roberts has been poor so far(very), he's progressed well in training at least although with that transfer fee I thought he might struggle at first. Even Ferguson who has only really played recently, looked tidy against Besiktas and a brilliant pass that provided the winner just now against Wolves.

9.5.png

If you'd have told me we'd win all 3 league games I would have defo been surprised, targeting 6 points against Villa and Wolves but to get another 3 from Spurs, that's a huge bonus for us and maybe just maybe the top four is on this year?? I really do hope so!
9.6.png

9.7.png

ever.png

Lewis Ferguson had the chance to grab his first goal very very early today from the spot and a really terrible pen but nevertheless it goes in with terrible handling from the GK. Boom! Then the Scottisshh lad adds a second and what a powerful humdinger of a strike! Pisarev replied to that with a rocket himself and then Moise Kean got his 8th of the season! Returning the favour with another rocket and beautiful volley!
1.1.png

Brentford's boys really gave us a good run for our money today and despite the scouts saying 4231 is a problem for them and a problem when they use it, their 433 caused us problems and only when we switched to it second half did we start to regain control. Rich won a pen and James converted early for us but second half Bounedjah had an easy tap in after a really poorly weighted and timed pass from Godfrey was put in. One thing I don't really understand after looking is Brentford has 11 different nationalities in their starting XI and that's worrying for chemistry, four players of which came in, in the summer!

Brentford starting the season very well though with 11 points from 5, and only one lose at home a 1-0 vs City.

1.2.png

One of the best players of the season so far and someone who made several big big saves in the last game, Livakovic will be out now for 5-6 weeks and that's a big blow.. : (.

1.3.png

We played brilliant today and playing 17th at home, you've just got to expect 3 points. First off Tsygankov won a penalty when he looked to be running the other way, he stepped up and took it nevertheless but one of the harshest I've seen on this year's game. Kean was keen to win his header from the corner and no chance as it nestled in the corner! Second half it was wrapped up with a beautiful team goal, Iwobi picked out a corker that the keeper had no chance of saving I was loving it, watching that goal.

1.4.png

Dylan Thompson will make his debut today and hopefully he'll perform. Finally, finally today we made the breakthrough after a bucket load of chances and even a goal ruled out! Lewis Ferguson played a one two and then a well timed pass with Rich and the Brazilian beat the keeper at his near. Our second wrapped things up and another near post effort, Kenny got the assist for Victor.
1.5.png

Brentford had a really good start to their league campaign this year and despite drawing 1-1 it was a tough game and they've give a lot of sides tough games so far too. We made lightwork of Torpedo and a really impressive win against Bournemouth as well. We're really starting to build up some form this season now and hopefully with a bit of luck our current average of two points per game in the league should continue, next time though the big games come thick and fast as we play two huge ones away from home against teams who play in blue.

1.6.png

1.7.png

ever.png

We really did have a tough game to play today, our only hope was to counter and a brilliantly time through ball from Ferguson left Kean in on goal and of course he put away his effort. The lads really were riding the waves of the City storm but Jesus's goal did get them their equaliser from a defender's deflection.

When Lewis ferguson whipped a brilliant FK from about the halfway line and Araujo scored with a looping powerful header, there was limbs and absolute scenes!!!! The Uruguayains first for the club : )))). That was the Scottish lad's second assist and what a ****** signing he has been : P.

2.1.png

Chelsea were off to a good start today : ) (lol) Ziyech snuck in at the near post and we were carved open way to easily. They made it two after the break and Depay with a calm and cultured finish. We found what looked like at the time, a glimmer of hope and Calvert-Lewin was there to head home Iwobi's corner, who'd come off the bench. Our other sub Moise Kean scored a dramatic late equaliser 9 minutes later! A real rollercoaster of a ride this game, the keeper's going the wrong way, it's all going on.. and then the architect of that goal Tom Davies another sub.. fouls the prodigy that is Pulisic and after some delay.. penalty awarded and converted by Thiago Silva, **** it!

..Werner scores a late one to rub further salt in our wounds, just to show how **** defensively we really are.

2.2.png

Another corner goal for us and another one for DCL! Second half Sigurdsson showed perhaps why he should've played more this season, good build up and bends his cross round his man and DCL get his second! Jonjoe Kenny is next to whip in cross from this right side and Dom completes his hattrick with the header! He's got to be starting more after this and the Chelsea game, back to the game and Richarlison was standing just waiting for his back post party. A good strike from Dimata did get them lads, the Belgian side a goal back but we roll out winners in the end.

Such a release of pure relief when after 4 in 2 DCL revealed he's happy to stay for now. would've been gone in Jan even had a replacement lined up but he's pulled it back. Incredibly we've managed to really unite the overall happiness and situation, no less than six players were unsettled just a few short months ago, Kean just because of a contract issue but the rest Tsygankov, DCL, DIgne, Allan and James all no longer want to leave and I'm happy to credit or say rather quite a few of those have seen there is competition for places here and if they don't perform here after awhile yes they'll eventually be moved on but their not going to play ahead of some of the other lads, if they're not on it. So yeah credit to all the lads.

2.3.png

Digne indeed has been injured for the most part but it's a tough decision to drop Gallardo for this next one who has been superb of late.

Poor, poor, poor, I'll let the clip do the talking as I literally say nothing else throughout the game ..not that I generally talk to myself during games.. : DD

We strung some passes together although without being able to break them down, Tsygankov misses 2-3 weeks from now.

2.4.png

2.5.png

So what an absolute colossal win against City in this post but overall we've disappointed in the league, unable to break Leeds down and shipping 4 to Chelski. Next time there's some much easier games and winnable too, as you can see we absolutely smashed our EL group and a dead rubber against Besiktas will be a good chance for the fringe players to impress.

2.6.png

2.7.png

2.8.png

ever.png

Arsenal and Everton are level on points and separated by just one goal difference(Eve7Ars6), before this next Southampton game that is.

DCL found a nice through ball in behind to Kean and he was on hand to make an early impact back in the side today. A dominating first half and James was involved secondly, his free kick finding the head of Alex Iwobi. Unfortunately though there was a twist to the tale of this story so far, Southampton equalising before the break with Danny and Ferguson the man in for Doucoure looking nervy giving the ball away twice.

I made the some what of a brave move to take DCL off put Kean up front and bring Rich on, with Kean getting his second from a beautiful pass in behind from Gylfi and equally great play with the finish! Again Danny Ings got one back for the Saints towards the end of a half but thankfully we held on and really we shouldn't of conceded twice either!

3.1.png

Moisey Kean had the best chance today well one of them, on the cusp of the second half he was in on goal and a brilliant sliding tackle from Ben White saved Brighton from heartbreak but just moments later big Dom scored the winner, from the resulting corner. We had a tough game today but proud of the lads and on the balance of player we deserved it!

3.2.png

Glyfi whipped a brilliant FK on to the post today, Davies first to the rebound..! But disallowed for offside. Hasic scored the opener today from a cross but then Glyfi found sub Godfrey who jumped the highest to level the score. A pretty abysmal n horrific own goal and FM type of howler put us ahead and more poor defending saw the game end 2-2.

3.3.png

I don't know what it is but we always seem to struggle against Fulham and first half was no different, Dom did get the lead for us with a well timed pass from Kean and a nice finish. Fulham however equalised pretty quick with a goal from the Japanese player, Nakajima. The Asian man was really good today and he was again involved to give his side the lead, Lestienne scored with a beautiful finish but thankfully our new goalie found a brilliant ball over the defence to Dom who show great composure once more!

So the last twenty we played with 10 men due to Digne going off injured! When David Luiz the ****** scored from a corner it looked like it was all over and disappointingly so. However another long ball over the top caught the cottagers out again! Kean finished expertly and we were not done there! Richarlison was on hand to come on as a second half sub earlier on, go on one of his mazy runs, round the keeper and to my pure delight score the winner for us!! I'm sooooo gassed!!!!

3.4.png

I have got to say however with 10 shots and 6 on target that win is somewhat fortuitous. I mentioned something similar in a post recently but Arsenal also won today, beating Southampton and that puts us back on identical records, 35points, 10 GD, 10W5D2L. The only difference however is there -10 conceded in comparison and our +10 scored, sorry to go on and bore you but in fact the only team to concede more than our 22 in 17 in the top half is Burnley, clear then where we need to improve!

I'm made up I really am to get 3 wins in this update, we might of conceded 5 but our defensive issues have been highlighted. Next time we have an absolutely monumental game at Goodison vs the Gunners, Spurs still in touching distance of the top four then but below that are Watford and Brentford! 11 points down the table.

3.5.png

3.6.png

Hello everyone, I am sorry about the inconsistency of posts I just get distracted.

ever.png

With two weeks to go til this Arsenal game after our last against Fulham, the injuries we had to deal with were a lil one just after returning for Tsygankov, Digne 3 weeks and Kean also out for 3 wks just a few days before the big one : /.
4.1.png

This is the biggest game of the season! James managed to give us the perfect start with a corner whipped in and Allan surprisingly heading home despite his short stature. Arsenal were causing problems despite being down early and Aubameyang equalised with a powerful, accurate finish! Glyfi got us back ahead though and Iwobi the goal scorer had a big target at the goalie's near post. Gotta be honest and say it's another game we're quite fortunate to win! I'll take it! Shutting up shop second half was enough to withstand Arsenal's pressure and ultimately protect our lead.

4.2.png

Holgate adds to our injury list.
4.3.png

Some really tired legs out there today and we did well to go ahead from Digne's corner, it was met by Keane and lucky to even get a point from this one as Moreles scored a last gasp equaliser. I'm only disappointed not to hold on but with just a one day turnaround from Arsenal I'm not too disappointed or concerned either, luck or lightning can't strike 3 times or games in a row.
4.4.png

Richarlison is the latest injury woe the lads will have to deal with. More and more injuries just keep pilling up now...
4.5.png

4.6.png

Lewis Ferguson recovering a ball out wide, back post cross whipped in.. and Iwobi looped his header in to the far corner. Tsygankov from the same side does the same thing and DCL puts the ball in the same corner. Jonson Clarke-Harris scored two late goals for Peterborough and much to my frustration, taking us to a replay I really didn't want!
4.7.png

Another injury to work around and with Holgate, Keane and now Araujo all out problems at CB and Branthwaite may start this weekend.

4.8.png

Calvert-Lewin smashed in a brilliant finish to get our lads off to the perfect start today! Then it was James who found another good finish, Gallardo's cross. Second half, the West Ham playmaker got one back, Guzman but fortunately for us we held on.

4.9.png

Some rather annoying draws conceding late in this one but well the home wins in the league proved crucial for us. Next up we play The Posh Lot in the cup again, some favourable fixtures despite the fact Burnley sit in 9th but then we also play big guns City at home.

4.10.png

4.11.png

ever.png

The injuries are really starting to mount up now and to top that off Iwobi and Beni are away in the African Cup, also Mexico decided now would be a good time to have an international game so Gallardo for a game or two as well. Glyfi firstly played a brilliant long pass to Kean on the break and he found a solid finish with a lil help from the post. Second half the Italian got the second too, James whipped a brilliant free kick in and Keeny headed home. Tom Davies then put the result beyond all doubt with a low drilled effort the keeper couldn't get to, Liverpool await in the next round.
5.1.png

Tom Davies found another brilliant effort that nestled in the top corner today and you'd be right if you said I enjoyed that! James Rodriguez is starting to really make a habit of assisting from set pieces and who else but DCL who rose the highest from his corner to head in.
5.2.png

Not expecting much out of this one with injuries but we do seem to do alright against City. A really dubious decision on the penalty, Menino adjudged to have fouled Lodi but not for me, De Bruyne converts. They being City then seemed very hesitant to close Moise Kean down and he thought well I might as well have a shot and scored! With the score level and Digne looking gassed, his replacement Gallardo delivered his cross to DCL and he was standing in right place it just the right time! Great centre forward play!

So then frustrating as it is it was inevitably a late leveller that went in for the Citizens and who else but their main man Sergio Aguero! Incredibly though substitute Victor Tsygankov was slipped through by Kean and then he managed to reverse his finish spectacularly! To say there was limmmmmmmmmmbbbbbbbsssssssssssss after that one would be an absolute, complete understatement!
5.3.png

We went out against LFC our local rivals last year too but hopefully we'll put in a better showing this time round especially after our big win in the last one. Dominic got us off to a perfect start today when he was in behind and found the corner superbly but it wasn't long until reality struck, two pretty quickfire goals from Martinez. It was difficult not to think the game was over.
Just to add more fuel to the fire Evander's shot was deflected in off Ben Godfrey before the break.

Allan managed to make things interesting after the break, good play from the sub Tsygankov and the Brazilian finished well! Somehow we managed to come back and equalise and Tyler Roberts scored it and what a ****** time to score your first goal! Then in the end we blew it!!! Who else but Martinez who missed his first sniff but then on his second attempt our goalie sits on his goal line with his f****** garden arm chair, just come out!!!!!!!

Then to top things off Lautaro in again fouled by Godfrey and even though he misses it's called back for a red card and a penalty..... there's no double jeopardy, which is a new rule and despite Martinez playing on and shooting.... the play is still called back after the miss................ I honestly don't understand football!

5.4.png

It would be fair to say I'm a manager who plays entertaining football that or the game is just full of goals this year... :DDD Also don't believe I'll be able to post highlights for this one, I'll see what happens after a game restart but apparently we lost 4-1~ 3-1 at ht then Salah scored second half ..first ever heard or seen of it... ..Overall a right mess and ball retention and defensive structure was horrific today. (Even after restarting my desktop still showing 4-1 in the highlights)

We've looked very tasty in the league this season and with a bit of luck if we can carry this form into the second half of the season top four will be ours, the concern is there is 5 teams with over 45 points at this stage just hoping one or two slip away and we don't! Important wins in the league but a bit of poor show in the cup vs Liverpool to say the least, next time we play four very very winnable league games!

5.5.png

5.6.png

ever.png

Iwobi was back from the AFCON for this one and he jumped really early and high to put us one up early today, Jame's corner. Some lovely build up play for our second, Dom played a good unselfish ball to our new full back Menino and he struck the ball with a powerful effort and Lewin knocked it on past the keeper, no chance for him! A good FK from Pereira left Sawyers in just before the break and he had an easy finish but took it well. We managed to hold on and the game ended 2-1.
6.1.png

Today we really seemed to have joy attacking down their right side, first Tsygankov whipped in a fk from the right and Araujo headed in, then second half Godfrey crossed in from the same flank and Kean placed his header in the corner well.

6.2.png

So a window of failed business as the club took our 700k wages and £40M from us right on day 1, attacking reinforcements already lined up in what looked like a real bargain of £13m or so for Lovro Majer, we also had deals lined up for Jack Harrison and late on in the window Marcel Ruiz. Even selling Jonjoe Kenny proved tricky and thus Ruiz's deal broke down, with an upgrade in Menino who was announced in July but not joining til now; Gonzalo Villar does come on in loan though and the one area I desperately wanted to bring someone in, thankfully I did and he adds some much needed creativity.
6.3.png

6.4.png

6.5.png

6.6.png

Early goal from Kean today and again Godfrey finding good space on the right, he got the assist. Brilliant counter attack to make it two, Kean is just unstoppable I was hoping he'd cross the ball but he smashed an absolute piledriver at the goalie's near post, then he was in again, shot parried by the keeper but Dom picks up the pieces and taps ins! It wouldn't be an Everton game without some shaky defending and more concerning is Kean going off injured with about 10 to go. 3-4 weeks....
6.7.png

6.8.png

Have to hand it to Rui Patricio today, he made some really important saves but overall some disappointing finishing, lately we have been superb and it's probably about time we had an off day. 0-0.

6.9.png

Still then after that somewhat disappointing draw against Wolves it's too close to call in the league and with 5 teams really having solid seasons, if we finish with anywhere near 80 points or there a bouts, I'll be really disappointed not to be in the CL! There's a tough game against Spurs coming up, what should be more points in the league.. and we'll also have our first leg EL last 32 tie, still yet to be drawn.

6.10.png

6.11.png