Everton FM (To TOP 4 and Beyond!!!) Blue and Green!

ever.png

We draw Celtic in the QFs which is an interesting draw but more importantly we avoided Chelsea in the SF draw and of the remaining teams, I fancy it to be us, Sevilla or Chelsea who go on and win it!
8.1.png

8.2.png

Rice almost conceded an early pen but ruled out due to being outside the box, it was such a classy and effortless finish from Pulisic to open the scoring and a great pass from Luis too. Chelsea really did dominate us today and will probably be kicking themselves they didn't get a second because Godfrey won the ball back quickly, tremendous ball from Allan and Richarlison took it brilliantly! Really snatched a point there but the old cliche is you're always in the game at 1-0 and I think myself, the team we all grew in confidence the longer the game went on.

8.3.png

I've gotta say despite the score-line a really disappointing display, we actually had the better of the play and it seemed with injuries, we just didn't have the right tools for the job. Never the less, Greenwood scored a beautiful goal in the top bins. I guess you could say it just wasn't to be this year.

8.4.png

After Victor picked up a training injury before our last game the last thing we needed was Majer getting side-lined too!
8.5.png

Brilliant cross from Almamy Toure to make it 1-0 today, Richarlison was on the end of his pass. Again the Brazilian wide man was involved for our second a lovely jinking run and DCL eventually got his size twelves on the ball. Wolves did get one back second half, a solid header from Raul Jimenez but thankfully we held it for a very very important win right now.
8.6.png

8.7.png

A brilliant freekick from Ryan Christie give the visits a shock and deserving lead, we kicked it to gear just before ht who else but Richarlison? Beats the keeper at his near post! Then Buendia whips in a corner, Richarlison heads towards the back post.. Tsygankov is free to put the ball away and a great connection from our attackers.

8.8.png

t would defo be fair to say that our dream is over and that's all it was a dream really but anyway we're not gonna win the title, it's unlikely : (. Since their dip around the winter transfer window Arsenal have come back strong, again this year I don't think we're gonna finish lower than 5th but can we push on and keep that gap between ourselves and the London club? As for Chelsea and Liverpool they look like better sides than our boys, fourth spot potentially third is what I think we're really aiming for!

8.9.png

8.10.png

Last edited:
ever.png

Pacheco the Burnley gk doesn't claim the cross in and Doucoure put us in front! This is what football is like, one of our best players this season Ben Godfrey scores an og in the last kick of the game and he just couldn't sort his feet out, good play from McNeil. We weren't great today and to be totally honest we've been poor for awhile now on the other hand we have played some tricky games and the games we've needed to win, we have won ..mostly.

9.1.png

Gutting news to lose Kean for a long old while.

9.2.png

Demarai Gray pouncing on a sleeping Toure at the back gave Celtic a real chance, confidence boost and the first goal! Doucoure sent off on the other side of the half What a run, pass... and finish!!! First time for Tysgankov what a strike and still with a man down it was looking like we still had fight, we still had hope until.... Christie in aches of space inside the keepers no mans land zone!??? surely!!!??? Nope.. apparently he's allowed to be in there. Forrest seemed to be a real problem today and we just couldn't contain him a man down, Ntcham made sure the game didn't go to ET.

Anyway a shocker for myself, the manager to start Keane after a fairly long hiatus from the side is poor. Ajer hasn't been fantastic recently but still much better overall this year than Keane, I guess it would be a fair statement to say Ajer and Godfrey have been overused of late and I've been doing my best to rest them at different points, Godfrey's form has fallen off a cliff really and Ajer in hindsight, probably should of played. Another poor game for our number 1 goalie, Livakovic but Doucoure takes the cake with his sending off that really did cost us the most!
9.3.png

This game was honestly one of the luckiest we've ever played and the most flukey goal I've ever seen in a match. Defender and centre half Romo passed back to the keeper, removing the danger but a fairly powerful pass, it's pinpoint and tucked home inside the post! If that was against me I'd honestly be absolutely fuming! Outed xg and outed gunned in terms of shots, if we play like that again and again we'll bottle top four. Positives to include were the possession although no good chances really and the defence had a good day.

9.4.png

We really played well for the first 35-40 minutes so most of the first half but just a question of not being clinical and on top of our game today which is rare for us against the big sides but City on the other hand finished everything. Literally everything they touched turned to gold dust, Dias mopped up a fk hit by Odegaard, Bernardo made it two with a beautiful finish and lovely one two. Last of all City got a third and sealed the win from Odegaard's finish, you could say that I was less than impressed with what I saw in this game!

9.5.png

No time for any more mistakes now we really need 15. 12 even 13 points maybe to make sure we defo 100% make top four. It's the top four or yet another 5th place finish for us now and in the next post it's the run in, the last post of season 3 and tough home games against local rivals Liverpool and Spurs.

9.6.png

9.7.png

Last edited:
ever.png

The most important thing today was the three points and the only goal of the game came just 2 minutes in when Calvert-Lewin converted his header. Gallardo was the man who crossed and one of two changes.

10.1.png

10.2.png

10.3.png

10.4.png

We really really really could do with a win in this one! Before the game we knew three points would secure Champions League qualification, due to the weekend fixtures prior. For whatever reason we just couldn't seem to take control of the game today, Fulham just kept on peppering our goal, the last five to ten minutes were really entertaining though and for a 0-0 it was a good watch.

Ultimately I'm really frustrated that we couldn't get the three points and secure the objective of the story with a game to spare. I can't complain too much as overall we were quite fortunate to draw but at this stage of the season we just need MORE.

10.5.png

So before this final game we knew that Liverpool still have 3 games, one tomorrow on Monday, a Thursday game and us on Sunday so 3 games in under a week.

What a big result for the reds (my team), which now means if United lose to Newcastle at home, Liverpool will have the slimmest of opportunities to stay in the hunt for a title against Leeds at home the day after Utd's game, Thursday but they will however need to start getting some cricket scores as currently their gd is 10 worse off. What does this mean for the Toffees then, If Liverpool are still in contention on final game day, they need to beat us and need Chelsea to beat United at Stamford Bridge ..............which will however not be doing us a huge favour, as Chelsea need us to lose and for the gap of 3 goal difference to be overtaken

... it's all very confusing right!? but could make for one **** of a final day. I'm calling this section, The Story of goal difference.

10.7.png

All of this is now irrelevant as, as expect Utd beat Newcastle to lift the title, let's just hope and pray to the football gods that Man U are not yet on the beach. With an FA Cup n CL Final to come I'd expect not.

10.8.png

Arsenal are also a team who could break my heart on this big day, they play Leicester at home who lost out on EL football last weekend to Leeds.

Early on in this one we were doing a good job at counter attacking but the best chance of the half was saved, Richarlison's shot was tipped away with a very strong palm from Alisson. Come to think of it there was another good chance for Rich 1st hf but in the second Buendia had far more luck on Liverpool's left with Robertson, he could have scored two or three.

10.9.png

I'm not sure xg tells the full story in this game I'd probably rank theirs higher and ours slightly higher than that, especially towards the end. Finally.............!!!! We have done it, we've finished in the top four and now all that's left to do is take us beyond! Thankfully this result actually didn't matter in the end because like our noisy neighbours we had a few hairy moments too but anyway both Chelsea and Arsenal losing at home to Utd and Leicester.

10.10.png

ever.png

A real shame that our goal of the season was in the lowest point of our season, we did have some great memories though in our game against Zorya both Richarlison and Kean got hat-tricks.

11.1.png

11.2.png

A real season to remember and hopefully the one were I have finally cracked the code for the top four, having said that though around halfway through this one I felt you know with the quality of teams in this league, my save is pretty tough, I will probably finishing outside Europe or outside the top 8 one season. Not because we were absolutely terrible just cus there's soo many good sides, like 8 sides finished with 60 points this season and other than City 1 point away on 74, 5 sides got over 75 points too. Oh and Watford, Brighton and Brentford were relegated.

11.3.png

An all Liverpool and United Team of the Year, largely featured in the goal scoring awards too and Dybala winning PFA. There was also stadium plans announced following the end of the season, for us anyway, that's good news but then again I probably won't be here after six seasons, I think this will be a five year plan.. maybe six.

11.4.png

11.5.png

11.6.png

United winning the ultimate prize in the CL trophy as well as a league title to end a memorable season.
11.7.png

11.8.png

11.9.png

Just the one Everton player go to the AFCON this summer.

11.10.png

ever.png

The defensive partnership at centre back was good this year, Ajer n Godfrey making the most apps other than the goalie but I'll be looking for cb reinforcements this summer. Richarlison was our player of the year and I'd say Buendia, DCL, Allan and Toure were our best and most consistent. Even Majer had a good end and really showed he is fighting for his place, James and Tsygankov played well at different points, Kean's season cut short and Doucoure other than his crucial red card was important.

11.21.png

ever.png

Real competition for Richarlison on the left wing here and blowing all our funds on this lad as well.
12.1.png

12.2.png

The expectations this year are thankfully not too high again but hopefully this season will be the one were we really start pushing forward.
12.3.png

Now we're talking!! If there is one story that really sums up this story.. it's the manager failing to sign a better quality of centre half than Ben Godfrey our someone on a par who can be a good partner at least. Here in Pau Torres I think we have done it, having blow the kitty on Doku this deal was spread out with £15M upfront and £10M every six months for the next 2 years, when I gave the deal the go ahead I was told it would take £15M from our current cash not £26M...!!!
12.4.png

12.5.png

Everton fans, this is your VVD Signing!! Meet your version, Pau Torres!

With that in mind, having had some interest from recently promoted Bournemouth for Gallardo and actually accepting a bid and pulling out of it a few hours later. It was time to raise funds, let him go and also hopefully.. bring in Reguilon : DDDD haha wishful thinking.. Brandon Williams it is hopefully then.. with just one year left on his deal Man Utd were more than happy to let him go on the cheap.

If all goes through Williams will sign for 500k up front and £4.5M paid next summer. The real reason there is no hope of spreading the Reguilon deal out is we've been receiving only 50%(which was increased from 30) of our transfer money for outgoing players, probably due to the new stadium.

He did sign in the end and hopefully he can start fulfilling his potential.

12.6.png

12.7.png

Brendan Moore signed and Novichkov too who we knew about since last summer but the latter has already gone out on loan and Moore is likely to follow. Moore talk about More in the pre season post.

12.8.png

12.9.png

ever.png

Idk quite how we didn't score early on in this friendly, first half we dominated. A fk goal from Hazard and header from Rich followed by a volley to give us a lead 2nd hf. In the end it finished 2-2 with a late Moussa Dembele goal.

13.1.png

A difficult one to take because Buendia was excellent out there today, completed a brilliant team goal and one of the most dangerous players on the pitch, it's the back end of pre season too. Idk for me he was maybe just a lil bit too fired up... for a pre season game lol.

13.3.png

13.2.png

13.4.png

What a performance, it is only pre season but you know I'm gonna say If we play like that when the season starts, yeah we really will finally have something to shout about!

Another very similar performance here and the day after a game I was obviously going to take the chance to rotate but what about that from summer signing Brendan Moore. Perhaps a look in to a future star and hopefully for Everton, this lad scored a peach to open the scoring and three more in the game as well.

13.5.png

A good pre season and almost an undefeated one well it was in the games I managed all but the first, all three new signings making a push to start our first match and most importantly they all got through it without an injury, Buendia and Beni Baningime did not and the latter along with Menino enjoyed very good pre seasons. Next up we begin our fourth season with a tricky game against Spurs.

13.6.png

Like a good tv show this story is hitting it's prime around the middle of the journey so there really is no better time to be following the process, which I believe is finally coming up Milhouse

ever.png

So of the three new signings Doku and Torres are straight in and Williams is on the bench. An early start to a difficult duel when Daka put the visitors in front, then Richarlison was very assured about his run and his finish. Mix up in the spurs backline and Richarlison is there to clean up! What a goal from Ryan Sessegnon, just absolute precision! Doucoure off the bench smashes one top corner to win it!!! He says to the manager after the game cheers for having faith in me boss.

It really was meant to be! From zero to hero in a matter of months for our French midfielder and he might well have been moved on this summer if however we could've got decent money for him and we had more money ourselves.

1.1.png

The scout report told me that they're notoriously slow starters and we were playing the ball around with some real zing, first goal did come early and Menino found a good ball which found Lewin at the near post. Richarlison made a great run and him making great runs is the story of this story, DCL was first to the rebound. Barely a highlight to talk about second half but then right before the end, Doku scores his first for the club off the bench, Pezzella's cross and after William's injury first half he came on and was one of the best players.

1.2.png

1.3.png

The Olay, olays were out for our second goal and what build up play! Richarlison found Doku on the other side of the box and great connection from our wingers today. Maupay with a brilliant header off the bench and Richarlison like Pezzella for our first goal scores from a tight angle.

1.4.png

Unfortunately we are seeded 4th for this CL group stage draw but let's just see what happens. Well tbh we probs got the group of death but ahh well we'll fancy our chances no easy games in there really and you've got to love playing the big sides.

1.5.png

1.6.png

1.7.png

1.8.png

1.9.png

1.10.png

1.11.png

1.12.png

Silva headed home to make it 1-0, more shaky defending and Rodri was there to finish the chance. Odegaard made it three and he's taking the mickey now.. really :llll What a ten minutes for City, second half as if there was any doubt the ball fell perfectly for Foden to score. Late on we grabbed one back but nothing more than a souvenir and not a good one for Richarlison.
1.13.png

So you could say we've crashed and been brought right back down to earth here, our final game made me look tactically inept, really though in all seriousness, that's the best we've played against any of the top sides vs Chelsea, next up we've got CL football!!!!!! Oh yess! Gillingham in the cup and two sides we need to be beating in the league.

1.14.png

Last edited:
ever.png

So I muted the audio for this clip because all you can hear is the snooker commentary really but right after the goal goes in a second to be precise, you hear the slightest bit of movement as my laptop shakes on top of my lap and my limbs do the Drogba.

Lol so yeah liquid football, If you want to check out the JAFFN pod I was listening to and James Lawrence Allcott - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBo6GODq8tM6iuIEvxFUEqw, https://www.twitch.tv/ 'search jamesallcott' he also does fm streams that are superb with his team QPR, Flav does 3 pods here https://play.acast.com/s/thefightingcock/s10e59-wewillrise n here https://play.acast.com/s/thefightingcock/s10e59-wewillrise no pressure.

ever.png

Money, money : ))
2.1.png

2.2.png

2.3.png

2.4.png

2.5.png

It has been an almost perfect start to our league campaign but unfortunately the same cannot be said for the Champions League, started with a loss but ahhh well what can you really expect from a group of death. We've got another tough but one of our easier games again in the group next up at home to Lazio and we also play Leeds and Leicester at home in the PL too.

2.6.png

2.7.png

Last edited:
so just to let you know don't expect many match reaction paragraphs/essays lol from this post and onwards ^^ just tryna smash through this season ASAP, til mid/late January
big games n big games for the context of our season will still have em

Last edited: