ajt09

Nice Guy Gramps
Reaction score
View attachment 196807 View attachment 196808

Everton v Liverpool
October 1st
12:45 KO
Goodison Park

Everton host Liverpool FC at Goodison Park, which promises to be a cauldron of emotion in this 216th meeting between the two sides. While Liverpool were able to spend millions in the recent transfer window, adding quality players to the squad, Everton have had to offload more players to balance the books, and rely on loaning players or free transfers. A case of the same old same old.

While Liverpool reinforced the squad with Luiz Suarez, Charlie Adam, Stewart Downing, Craig Bellamy, Enrique, Everton have bought in Drenthe, Stracqualursi, and unveiled their latest very talented youngster, Ross Barkley, who has already attracted the likes of Chelsea.

Liverpool returned to winning ways following the 2-1 victory over Wolverhampton Wanderers, following a deafeat against Stoke, and the 4-0 loss to Tottenham Hotspur, whilst Everton suffered their first defeat in 6 games last weekend, following a 2-0 defeat against Manchester City.

The match is made even more intruiging. If the match ends in a draw, it will be the 3rd time in a row that Everton have not lost a derby, which would make it their best run in derbys for 13 years. And the last time the two sides met, it resulted in a 2-2 stalemate.

Team News

As it stands, it looks likely that Tim Cahill may have recovered in time to feature in the Derby, after sustaining a bad shin injury in the loss to Manchester City last week. Victor Anichebe is still ruled out with a groin injury.

Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard is expected to be on the bench, after Dalglish insisted he wouldn't risk the players fitness by throwing him into the starting eleven so soon after returning from his groin injury. And Dalglish also has to decide wether or not to play Kuyt or Henderson on the right side of midfield.

Possible starting elevens

Everton FC :
Howard, Baines, Jagielka, Distin, Hibbert, Coleman, Drenthe, Fellaini, Rodwell, Neville, Cahill.
Liverpool FC : Reina, Kelly, Carragher, Skrtel, Jose Enrique, Henderson, Lucas, Adam, Downing, Carroll, Suarez

I am soooo looking forward to this match-it's the first one I look for when the fixture list is released. I'm expecting an attacking approach from both sides-an approach favoured by Phil Jagielka himself. After the way we performed against Manchester City defensively, and with the ability to create good chances on the counter attack, I think we have the ability to cause Liverpool problems. But at the same time, Suarez has tremondous talent, as does Downing. And Carroll has shown signs he is returning to his old self after a fairly slow start. But his threat can't be ignored, slow start or not. He is capable of causing problems.

Result prediction: Taking into account the quality on both sides, and the fact there's going to be a tremondous atmosphere, and all the players will be fired up, going for a 2-2. Should be a corker.

May the best team win.

Last edited:
I reckon a 2-3 Liverpool win is in order here. Carroll, Fellaini, Drenthe, Downing, Suarez.

I reckon a 2-3 Liverpool win is in order here. Carroll, Fellaini, Drenthe, Downing, Suarez.

Yeah I have a feeling Carroll will score on the day. Think we'll need to shut down Downing to get something from the game.

Gonna go with 2-1 to Liverpool. Suarez, Cahill, Adam.

I'm relishing the prospect of a Suarez v Jagielka battle.

---------- Post added at 02:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 AM ----------

O ****. Not happy with the ref appointment. Martin Atkinson. officiated 8 games issuing 32 yellows and 4 red cards :S

The same ref that blew the whistle when Jagielka was 1 v 1 with Van der Sar with 30 seconds to go. ***.

Last edited:
Gonna be exciting to see how our new signings are doing in the derby.

Nah, not to happy with Atkinson myself. This game is gonna get a lot of yellow, and possibly a few red cards :/

I think it'll be a cracker, hopefully we win it ofc but I'd be happy with a draw as long as we put in a good performance and the match is enoyable. I'm not sure Moyes will risk Cahill from the start, but I'm not sure who'd replace him in the starting line-up if he were to be benched - I'd like to see Vellios if that were to be the case.

Anyways, good luck Liverpool, you're going to need it. (:P)

Okay, I feel outgunned here! I'm the only Liverpool fan comenting so far LOL

2-1 liverpool win, but an exciting game, with both teams playing well. :P

Heart - Liverpool 3-0
Head - Liverpool 3-1

(: We lose too many derbies against Everton!

Heart - Liverpool 3-0
Head - Liverpool 3-1

(: We lose too many derbies against Everton!

Also depends on just how card happy this guys going to be aswell. Last time he reffed this game gave out 6 yellows and 2 reds. But by all accounts, he seems to be very card happy. And makes dubious calls

Hoping Spearing starts ahead of Adam, you just don't get time on the ball in this sort of match.

Reina
Kelly - Carra - Skrtel - Enrique
Spearing - Lucas
Kuyt - Suarez - Downing
Carroll
Liverpool 2-0 Everton

Suarez
Kuyt

Also depends on just how card happy this guys going to be aswell. Last time he reffed this game gave out 6 yellows and 2 reds. But by all accounts, he seems to be very card happy. And makes dubious calls

You wanna see card happy go watch Liverpool v Tottenham. You are not the only ones who can be on the receiving end of it ;)

(We will still beat you though :P)

Last edited:
You wanna see card happy go watch Liverpool v Tottenham. You are not the only ones who can be on the receiving end of it ;)

(We will still beat you though :P)

We shall see-Jagielka will shut down Suarez :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back