images

2nd Qualifying Round
Dorchester 5 - 0 Eastleigh
Avenue Stadium. Att: 983

Wow! What a way to beat your rivals for the second game running. Jamie Gleeson got us off to a great start after 2 minutes when he scored his first of the season. This was soon followed by a well taken effort by Jamil Adam for our second and shortly before half time Tommy Tejan-Sie added a third. Into the second half and we carried on our onslaught and two Jamie Symes goals sealed our most emphatic win of the season so far.

Blue-Square-South.jpg

Dorchester 2 - 0 Woking
Avenue Stadium. Att: 622

Another early goal set us on our way to yet another fine performance. Nathan Walker headed home a Nick Crittenden corner with only 42 seconds played. Like in our last couple of games, the early goal settled our nerves and we got straight into our passing rythm and it was no surprise to see Jamil Adam pop up with our second goal to seal the victory midway through the second half.

Blue-Square-South.jpg

Dorchester 2 - 0 Farnborough
Avenue Stadium. Att: 569

And the run goes on. Not for the first time this season we were totally in control thanks to an early goal by Ashley Nicholls. Nick Crittenden added a second on the stroke of half time, which allowed me to rest some players for the second period.

images

3rd Qualifying Round
Carshalton 0 - 4 Dorchester
War Memorial Sports Ground. Att: 623

A convincing win to send us through to the 4th qualifying round and done with playing a few back up players too. Tommy Tejan-Sie grabbed a double, which was followed by Harrison Bell's first for the club. In the second half Seb Broomfield ended his goal drought when he finished off a well worked move.

Blue-Square-South.jpg

Dartford 1 - 2 Dorchester
Princes Park. Att: 1,426

We faced a new challenge this afternoon as we went behind after 20 minutes through a Jacob Erskine goal. But the lads team spirit shone through as we drew level thanks to a Nick Crittenden finish 5 minutes before half time. At half time I switched to our usual 433 formation and that proved a master stroke as we started to dominate more, then on 78 minutes Jamil Adam created some space, picked up the through pass and placed the ball passed the oncoming keeper for the winner.

21143.png

Dorchester bid for Midfielder

images

Dorchester Town have offered a contract to former Reading starlet Alex Stockinger. The midfielder was released by the Royals at the end of last season and Dorchester manager Andy Samuels is keen to add the 19 year old Norwegian to his squad. "Alex is the type of player I would love to strengthen the squad with. With lots of games this season, it's vital I look to add quality in all areas and with Jamie Symes doing a fantastic job, Alex can bring some much needed competition. Hopefully we can get the deal completed soon, though I know there is a team from a higher division interested." Samuels told the clubs website.

images

4th Qualifying Round
Whyteleafe 1 - 2 Dorchester
Church Road. Att: 398

We knew victory would take us into the 1st round proper and a potential money spinning tie. I still made a few changes to the side, but that didn't stop us progressing. New signing Alex Stockinger grabbed the opener with a quality finish from the edge of the area. 3 minutes into the second half and Jamil Adam grabbed our second as we went further ahead. Luke Ellis pulled one back for the hosts, but it wasn't enough to stop us progressing.
It wasn't all good news, as in the final minute of injury time left back Neil Martin was strecthered off with a nasty looking injury.

On the way back on the coach I received a call from our physio. "Hi Gaffer. Not good news I'm afraid, Neil is staying in hospital over night for x-rays on his groin. But the doctors reckon he will be out for a month."
With already a very small squad, the left back position is the area where I lack any depth. But as before with injuries, I will look at ways to move a couple of players around in the hope it doesn't disrupt our current form.

Last edited:
October '11 Review - Another unbeaten month and also an appearance in the 1st Round of the FA Cup to come aswell. Our run of wins has taken us to the top of the league and hopefully if the injury to left back Neil Martin doesn't disrupt the side too much, we can stay near the top for a little longer.

congratulations on ur FA Cup roll, but the injury seems bad, but u can easily shift a centre or right back there, or even a defensive mid.

congratulations on ur FA Cup roll, but the injury seems bad, but u can easily shift a centre or right back there, or even a defensive mid.

Cheers buddy. Yeah I think I can move my right back there. And bring my back up right back in, just like keeping a settled side.:D

After telling the squad that they had an extra day off from training and were due in on the Tuesday morning chairman Shaun Hearn called me into his office for a quick chat.

Shaun Hearn: "Hi Andy, I won't keep you long. Well done on getting through to the FA Cup 1st Round, it will do our finances a world of good."

Me: "Thank you, it's the lads that deserve the credit though. They've taken to the changes very well and that shows in our current league position."

Shaun Hearn: "Yes indeed and that brings me onto the next bit of news. I'm delighted to tell you that you have won the November Manager of the Month award. Congratulations."

Me: "That's great news. Although it's nice to be recognised for mine and the teams good efforts, it won't mean anything unless we have something to show for it at the end of the season."

Shaun Hearn: "Well said Andy, long may this run continue. Keep up the good work."

I left the room feeling very proud of myself that in a short space of time, the changes that I was bringing in had started to get noticed, not only by our fans but by other people from within the game. Now it was down to me to make sure I kept the players feet on the ground and keep this amazing run going.

Blue-Square-South.jpg

Dorchester 3 - 1 Salisbury
Avenue Stadium. Att: 697

Centre back Nathan Walker opened the scoring after 2 minutes powering home a header from a corner. Leading scorer Jamil Adam then added a second on the stroke of half time. And it was the in form striker who netted our third just past the hour mark for his second of the game. Stuart Anderson grabbed a consolation for the visitors, but it wasn't enough as we hung on for the win.

Blue-Square-South.jpg

Truro 0 - 2 Dorchester
Treyew Road. Att: 619

Ouramazing away run continues thanks to goals from Jamil Adam and substitute Rico Wilson in what was a pretty dull game, but as long as we win I'm not to bothered how the results come in.

Blue-Square-South.jpg

Dorchester 2 - 1 Welling
Avenue Stadium. Att: 585

A top of the table clash as we faced second place Welling and again the lads didn't disappoint our supporters. Jamil Adam, who else, got the first just after the second half started, when he raced onto a through pass, rounded the keeper and slotted the ball into the empty net. Warren McBean equalised with 15 minutes left, with the away sides only shot on target. With the game looking like ending in a draw, super sub Rico Wilson popped up with the winner after 88 minutes.

images

1st Round
Dorchester 2 - 1 Bury
Avenue Stadium. Att: 3,720

A record crowd was in attendance as we produced our biggest performance to date, live in front of the TV cameras. Tommy Tejan-Sie got the opener when he scored with a well placed effort from just inside the area. Seb Broomfield got the second sweeping the ball home into an empty net after Jamil Adam drew the keeper out. Peter Sweeney pulled one back late on, but that didn't stop us progressing to the second round.

Blue-Square-South.jpg

Dover 1 - 4 Dorchester
The Crabbie Athletic Ground. Att: 595

On the back of our fine FA Cup win, the lads put in yet another sublime performance. Jamil Adam grabbed a brace inside 30 minutes to give us a commanding lead at half time. Ian Simpemba pulled one back with 10 minutes left, only for Nick Crittenden to double our lead straight from the re-start and it was left to Jamil Adam to add the fourth and complete his hat-trick in inury time.

FATrophy_s.jpg

3rd Round Qualifying
Salisbury 2 - 1 Dorchester
The Raymond McEnhill Stadium. Att: 606

Ourfirst loss for a long time, but I kind of expected it as I rested pretty much my entire starting eleven due to tiredness and the FA Cup second round game due in a weeks time. Chinedu Vine and Dan Fitchett got both the Salisbury goals, with Nathan Walker grabbing a consolation for us deep into injury time.

Blue-Square-South.jpg

Dorchester 3 - 3 Sutton Utd
Avenue Stadium. Att: 599

Disappointing to draw this game as we lead by two goals for the majority of it. Jamil Adam grabbed his 15th and 16th goals of the season to give us an early lead. Andy Atkin then pulled one back for the away side, only for Tommy Tejan-Sie to restore our two goal advantage. Lee Peacock then got the visitors back in the game with a well placed volley and then deep in stoppage time Andy Atkin headed home a dramatic late equaliser.

November '11 Review - A brilliant month again, especially with us progressing through to the second round of the FA Cup. The only blip was the FA Trophy game against Salisbury, but I had to rest most of my regular starting eleven, as we have more important games coming up.

images

2nd Round
Dorchester 0 - 2 Tranmere
Avenue Stadium. Att: 3,591

Our fine cup run came to an end, as we were out classed by our League One opponents. Although the first half remained goalless, it was two goals in the space of 5 second half minutes that won the game. First Adam McGurk latched onto a through pass and rifled the ball into the net, then Ash Taylor sealed the win, with a header at the back post from a corner.

Blue-Square-South.jpg

Eastbourne Boro 1 - 2 Dorchester
Priory Lane. Att: 1,256

A great way to bounce back from the disappointment of the weekend. Ashley Nicholls opened the scoring when he scored from the edge of the box. Steve Brinkhurst looked to have secured a point for the hosts when he headed in from close range, but deep in injury time and with a hint of fortune, Seb Broomfield rose highest and headed home the winner despite appeals for offside.

Blue-Square-South.jpg

Dorchester 1 - 1 Hampton & Richmond
Avenue Stadium. Att: 581

The unbeaten run now stretches eighteen league games and though we should've won today, we extended our lead at the top. Jamil Adam got us off to a flyer when he lobbed the oncoming keeper to score his 17th league goal. David Nwaogu grabbed the equaliser for the visitors with 10 minutes left.

Blue-Square-South.jpg

Weston Super-Mare 0 - 2 Dorchester
Woodspring Stadium. Att: 159

We dominated from start to finish infront of a very small crowd. Goals from Jamil Adam and a late strike from substitute Alex Stockinger was enough to seal the victory and keep us top going into the new year.

December '11 Review - Another unbeaten month in the league and another Manager of the Month award. With our fine FA Cup run it has increased our finances in a huge way.

On the way back from Weston Super Mare, I received a call from Jamie Gleeson's agent. "Mr Samuels, I'm calling you with regard to my clients future at the club. He feels he is good enough to be playing week in, week out." claimed the agent, who decided to not to formally introduce himself. "Well I'm sure you'll understand, that with the current form of the team and the competition Jamie has in his position, he will have to remain patient I'm afraid." I responded, abit angrily as I don't appreciate having to explain my every decision. "That won't do Mr Samuels and I would like my client to be transfer listed if you can't promise him first team football." demanded Jamie Gleeson's agent, who was now starting to sound very impatient. "I know, I will go one better, you can tell Jamie that his contract will be terminated tomorrow morning and he is free to find another club. Goodbye." I hung up the phone and got back to chatting with my assistant Phil Simkin about training during the week.

Blue-Square-South.jpg

Boreham Wood 0 - 0 Dorchester
Meadow Park. Att: 144

A bore draw and not much incident to talk about, but considering our heavy defeat against them earlier on in the season I will take a point.

Blue-Square-South.jpg

Dorchester 1 - 1 Thurrock
Avenue Stadium. Att: 575

We were facing our first defeat in the league for twenty one games until we deservedly equalised in the closing stages of the game. James White gave the visitors the lead going into the half time interval, but a Nathan Walker header with 8 minutes remaining secured a point.

Blue-Square-South.jpg

Dorchester 1 - 1 Chelmsford
Avenue Stadium. Att: 711

Another draw and our third in a row against yet another struggling side. After a goalless first half, Cliff Akurang pounced on a loose ball inside the area to put the away side into the lead after 55 minutes. Again, we had to rely on a late Nathan Walker goal deep into injury time to spare our blushes.

Blue-Square-South.jpg

Dorchester 3 - 1 Havant & Waterlooville
Avenue Stadium. Att: 708

Finally back to winning ways and a much better performance in front of our home crowd. Ashley Nicholls got the scoring underway, when he rifled in an unstoppable effort from 30 yards. Jamie Clarke pulled the visitors level with a simple tap in to send both sides in level at the break. Jamil Adam got back to scoring ways with a smart finish to put us back in front and Alex Stockinger came off the bench to seal the win, with a smart left footed goal in the closing stages.

Blue-Square-South.jpg

Maidenhead 3 - 2 Dorchester
York Road. Att: 215

Our unbeaten run had been looking like ending over the last couple of games, but I didn't expect it to stop against the side bottom of the league. We found ourselves three down at half time, through goals by Rob Davies and Ashan Holgate(2). Although we pulled goals back in the second half from Nick Crittenden and Seb Broomfield, it was a very poor performance, which was summed up by Nathan Walker being dismissed for two yellow cards.

Blue-Square-South.jpg

Dorchester 1 - 0 Tonbridge
Avenue Stadium. Att: 664

A win and a good performance to go with it, even though we should've won by a bigger margin. Centre back Joe O'Cearuill got the onlt goal of the game, when he headed home from close range.

January '12 Review - My most disappointing month to date so far, and to lose our unbeaten away record to the side bottom of the league didn't help. We are also now receiving a few niggles here and there to a couple of players, which are starting to disrupt our playing style. Hopefully over the coming months it won't prove too costly, and having a healthy lead at the top is a nice cushion to have.

Blue-Square-South.jpg

Basingstoke 1 - 3 Dorchester
The Camrose. Att: 294

A fine away win this afternoon and we seem to have shaken off any nerves that had started to show up in the last couple of games. Ray Putterill returned from injury with a fine goal and a Wilson Gondwe Own Goal put us two up at half time. Kyle Critchell added a third with a simple tap in after 55 minutes. Toby Little scored a consolation a minute before the end, but we held on.

Blue-Square-South.jpg

Dorchester 2 - 1 Bromley
Avenue Stadium. Att: 706

It looked like we were going to lose to another side bottom of the league, when Moses Swaibu headed home from a corner. But two goals, inside 5 second half minutes, from Seb Broomfield and Kyle Critchell secured a fine comeback.

Blue-Square-South.jpg

Staines 1 - 4 Dorchester

Another big away win against a side looking to get into the play offs. Jamil Adam hit two to put us into a commanding lead and an Andre Scarlett Own Goal made it three on the stroke of half time. David Wheeler pulled a goal back a minute into the second half, but Seb Broomfield completed the rout with a sublime finish from long range.

Blue-Square-South.jpg

Dorchester 0 - 0 Eastleigh
Avenue Stadium. Att: 1,073

A big crowd was in attendance today for this local derby, but they left extremely disappointed as the only two points of interest was two red cards. Jamie Slabber was shown a straight red after 17 minutes for a reckless lunge, and while we couldn't use the advantage, the referee decided to even up the playing numbers when he harshly sent Kyle Critchell off for a soft foul.

February '12 Review - Much better month and it's no surprise that our performances have picked up now the injured players are returning to fitness.

Blue-Square-South.jpg

Woking 2 - 2 Dorchester
Kingfield Stadium. Att: 946

We were made to work for this point, as we found ourselves two nil down through a Ray Putterill Own Goal and an Elvis Hammond goal, which looked to have put the game beyond reach. But late goals by Ashley Nicholls and Nick Crittenden secured a vital point in our bid for the league title.

Blue-Square-South.jpg

Farnborough 4 - 0 Dorchester
Rushmoor Stadium. Att: 744

A hugely disappointing performance, as we were well and truly thrashed. Goals by Orlando Jeffery, Ben Hunt, Ashley Winn and Matthew Hampson sent us to only our third league defeat.

Blue-Square-South.jpg

Dorchester 4 - 1 Dartford
Avenue Stadium. Att: 712

We bounced back in the best fashion possible with a huge win against an out of form Dartford side. Seb Broomfield scored his first ever senior hat-trick which put us in control. Jamil Adam added a fourth with ten minutes remaining. But as before we seem to conceed silly goals and it was no different as Danny Harris scored after a mistake in the defence.

Blue-Square-South.jpg

Welling 1 - 2 Dorchester
Park View Road. Att: 613

Second against first today, and we knew that despite our huge lead at the top, if we won today we could win the league in our next game if results went our way. Seb Broomfield got us off to a flyer, when he finished with a deft header, but our joy was short lived as Welling hit back straight away through Jack Parkinson. With a draw looking likely, substitute Alex Stockinger broke the offside trap, and kept his cool as he slotted the ball home and send our fans wild at the full time whistle.

Blue-Square-South.jpg

Dorchester 2 - 0 Truro
Avenue Stadium. Att: 674

If we won today and results went our way, we would be crowned champions. We started off very confidently and were given a helping hand as Truro's Joe Broad was shown red for two bookable offences after just 30 minutes. This gave us the momentum to push on and we took that opportunity as goals by Seb Broomfield and Nick Crittenden sealed a very important win.

images

DORCHESTER WIN LEAGUE

images

Dorchester Town have won the Blue Square South League title with five games remaining. Manager Andy Samuels has been the mastermind behind such a remarkable success, leading the Dorset side to their first ever appearance in the Blue Square Premier next season. "This is the best feeling ever, the manager came in with his own new philosophy at the start of the season and it's paid off." stated club captain Mark Jermyn.
The unknown Samuels was a surprise appointment by the Dorchester board, but the gamble has proved the right decision. "I'm delighted to achieve promotion, and the lads deserve all the credit. I came in with new ideas and a different playing style and they've bought into it." added an emotional Samuels on the club's website.

March '12 Review - CHAMPIONS!! To win the league with five games remaining is a fantastic achievement and I now want to win our last few games and make sure we don't drop our performance levels. One blip was the heavy defeat against Farnborough, but I can allow the odd slip up. I also picked up another Manager of the Month award.

Hi Guys,

Hope u are enjoying the story so far, any comments are appreciated. :D

I'm now away coaching for a week, so next update will be next Saturday.

Please leave any good or bad feedback, if u want.

Cheers.

Hey Streaky, I just read through the six pages, and this is an absolute masterpiece of a story. Extremely well written, contains all of the necessary details but still very nice and simple. A truly enjoyable read. Congratulations on your surprising, yet well deserved, promotion. I'll tune in again next Saturday, to see your next moves ;)

- DaSiimM