Evolution of the football manager

Mr_Grieves

Reaction score
No fancy stimulations, no one club world domination challenge and no rules, Just me my and my life as a football manager!

Using LFC Marshall summer update with further updating done by my mate Klippybo of Basque-ing ing Bilbao fame.

Running trophy count
English League cup 2011/12 - Aston Villa
English Community Shield 2014/15 - Man Utd
English League cup 2014/15 - Man Utd
English Premiership 2014/15 - Man Utd
English Premiership 2015/16 - Man Utd
English FA Cup 2015/16 - Man Utd
Olympic Gold Medal 2016 - France
English League cup 2016/17 - Man Utd
English Premiership 2016/17 - Man Utd
English FA Cup 2016/17 - Man Utd
Champions League 2016/17 - Man Utd
English Community Shield 2017/18 - Man Utd
European Super Cup 2017/18 - Man Utd
World Club Cup 2017 - Man Utd
Europa Leauge 2018 - Tottenham
LA LIGA 2018/19 - R Madrid
Copa Del Rey 2018/19 - R Madrid
Kings Cup 2019 - R Madrid

Highlights

P2
-Villa win League Cup- http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...rran-donald-evolution-football-manager-2.html
P5 - Villa Europa League final and 4th place - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...rran-donald-evolution-football-manager-5.html
P9 - Join Man Utd - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...rran-donald-evolution-football-manager-9.html
P12 - Scandels galore and a League Cup - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ran-donald-evolution-football-manager-12.html
P14 - Jose Sacked at Man City - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ran-donald-evolution-football-manager-14.html
P19 - Euro 2016 final - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ran-donald-evolution-football-manager-19.html
P20 - Olympic hero - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ran-donald-evolution-football-manager-20.html
P22 - Trophys galore - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ran-donald-evolution-football-manager-22.html
P24 - Champions of The World - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-stories/102131-darran-donald-evolution-football-manager-24.html
P25 - Quit Man Utd/ Join Tottenham - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...volution-football-manager-25.html#post1606449
P27 - Win Europa Leauge/ Move to Real Madrid - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...volution-football-manager-27.html#post1607255
P28 - World Cup 2018 - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ran-donald-evolution-football-manager-28.html
P31 - Spanish Domination - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ran-donald-evolution-football-manager-31.html

ASTON VILLA

View attachment 258139
Will Donald become the second city saint?

Premiership team shock the world by appointing rookie manager Donald

Following years of troubles with managers Aston Villa today announced there aim to return to fight at the top of the biggest league in the world with a manager on his 1st ever job.

The clubs main target for the season is to extend there 4 season stay in the top half of the table despite loosing two key players Ashley Young and Stewart Downing and Donald has already been told minimal funds will be available for buying new players.

In his press conference he confirmed his main target would be the premiership but he also had his eye on putting in strong performances in the league and FA Cup knowing this was the clubs best chance of silverware. Donalds biggest concern in these early days is the squad size. "I Don't like to have massive squads of players and will be working with a smaller squad of players giving them as much attention as they deserve" Looks like the Villa players have a lot to prove to keep there place in the team.

Also present with the new manager and board memebers was star striker Darren Bent who was invited by Donald who annouced Bent would lead the team and that he is looking to build a team around his skills infront of goal. Bent said he was " Very Chuffed" with this news!

First job will be to restructure the coaching system at the club then build my own squad from there with my own guys helping me.

Targets
Premiership -
Top 10 finish
FA Cup - Semi Finals
League Cup - Semi FinalsMedia thinks we can get 9th, i like to prove them wrong and go better!

Last edited:
????????????????????????????

Remember and not sell Agbonlahor lol

????????????????????????????

Remember and not sell Agbonlahor lol

Especially to Newcastle, Never ever ever seen him do what he did in that save! He will play off Benty and NOT be sold

Ruthless new Villa boss shows the door to 28 players young and old, Experienced and new. Is anyone safe from his weilding axe?

Donald ridiculed the former youth team claiming it was "Full of absolute rubbish who had no hope of making it" these strong words were never more evident as 18 youngsters were released on a free transfer. "These boys will no longer hold up the progression of the true talented players we have coming through the ranks"

The 1st team also felt the mighty sword of Donald

Eric Lichaj, Andy Weimann and Ben Siegrist were all told they have no future at the team but could only arrange a loan deal to take them off the wage bill. Stephen Ireland does not suit my system and is therefore no use to me so was glad to get £7.75m from Southampton, Chris Herd was going to go out on loan but Reading offered £3m so i asked no questions and he too had his bags packed.

Youngsters who have been told to go and prove themselves worthy of a place in the team were Nathan Baker and Gary Gardner may get a chance in coming years if the can prove themselves.

Had two offers for players that i didn't sell. Stan Petrov for the unappealing offer of £3.5m and Gabby Agbonlahor who AVB and Spurs were chasing him. I asked for £20m they offer £14m so no deal!

IN

It was not all bad news on the transfer front at Villa park as Donald attracted some real star power to the team

The biggest new signing of the summer was former Inter and Athletico Madrid star Diego Forlan. Perhaps most remembered for his barren spell at Man Utd 10 years ago, Donald himself a United fan himself proclaimed "Diego's strike rate was not his strong point last time he was over here but you could never question his commitment and now he's proved his ability in frontof goal im very confident he can finally prove himself in the world best league"

Another 3 players joined on free transfers after spells in the premier league. Former Scotland NO1 Craig Gordon will certainly be challenging Shay Given for the space between the sticks after a barron time of injury problems. Sunderlands former defender John Mensah moves after a loan spell at Sunderland last season. After failing to agree a new contract at Wigan Hugo Rodallega was also snapped up on a free as Donald added another attacker to his ranks

Despite still having £15m in the bank to spend and reasonably happy with he depth in the squad there was 1 more player to join. 17 year old French winger Lenny Nangis for £2.5m he youngster is seen as being a star of tomorrow.

Summer news
1 week into the game and Arsen Wenger left Arsenal to take over France and was replaced with David Moyes who's Everton job went to Paul Lambert.
Inter Milan hired Louis Van Gall and Valencia took in Quique Flores as there boss.

Chelsea win Community shield 2-0, both goals from Fernando Torres

A Very very busy transfer window. Man Utd picked up Alex Kerzhakov from Zenith for a inexcusable £22m replacing Dimi Berbatov who goes to Real Madrid for £3.7m.
French left back Mathieu Debuchy moves to Spurs for £7.5m having raised the money selling Rafael Van der Vaart to Man City for £16m, Spurs also bought Man Utd's Anderson and Robert Lewandowski for a bargain £11m. Relegated Villarreal lost Nilmar to Barcelona for £16m and Benfica's Nicolas Gaitan joins Inter for £15m

Donald clears out Villa backroom brining in "his own boys to run the team right"

Angel Vales is one of the best men I've seen at getting any bunch of lads to play the game and im delighted to have his skills by my side. Vales time at Liverpool with Rafa Benitez will help a lot as DOnald adapts his system of high pressing possession football, which is enjoyed by both men.

Only coaches who remain are Tony McAndrew and Gordon Cowans

ASTON VILLA X1
View attachment 258490

In an unconventional move Donald announced who his best 11 players are and the tactics on how he plans to play them.​

U got my update just in time as Forlan has moved lol

Looking really good, will be following closely!

I don't see Forlan playing well in behind the striker, he'd need to play up top on his own but Darren Bent has sealed that place ;L Looking forward to it.

Looking really good, will be following closely!

I don't see Forlan playing well in behind the striker, he'd need to play up top on his own but Darren Bent has sealed that place ;L Looking forward to it.

Yeah not to sure about how that will go. Plenty of options to shuffle players about with with this being very early days

August

- After proclaiming Angel Vales as one of the best coaches in the world who he was "Delighted to have by his side" was sacked for not bringing his skills to the table, clearly not having his heart in the job and was replaced with Italian Angelo Antenucci
- Draw for the last 32 of League cup give Villa a all premiership tie with Tottenham at Villa Park

Fixtures

West Brom V Aston Villa - Premiership
On a breezy summers afternoon the 2011/12 Premier League gets under way in very unusual situation at the Hawthorns today as both the Scottish managers get set to take charge of not only there teams for the 1st time but there 1st ever games as managers of a football team. In the build up both managers talked of there dislike of each other Donald quoted as saying "Its bad enough having worked for Chelsea but Liverpool as well!" "Clark was a good assistant but I'M the better manager, Lets see where we are at the end of the season"

West Brom 1-1 Aston Villa
N'Zogbia​

West Brom had the lead and all the chances they needed to put the match to bed, Including vice captain Richard Dunne being sent off but despite all the obstacles in there way Villa fought back and with a late equalizer from Charles N'Zogbia got us a point which we almost deserved.

Aston Villa V Wigan - Premiership

Donalds first home match in charge of the Villains couldn't have been a much easier one against perennial strugglers Wigan. The most unpopular man amongst the away support will be there former striker Hugo Rodallega who gave up a starting spot in there team to be 3rd choice at Villa

Aston Villa 5-1 Wigan

N'Zogbia 2
Forlan 2
Delph​

Two goals and assists from N'Zogbia earned him man of the match in today game at Villa park where even Wigan boss admitted in defeat the his opponent Donald "got it tactically spot on", Cheers mate

Aston Villa V Shrewsbury - League Cup
A big win is expected by Donald of his players even if it will be a team of back up players playing tonight the gulf in class should be too much

Aston Villa 4-1 Shrewsbury - League Cup 2nd round
Bent
Collins
Albrighton
Delfouneso​

Good performances all round

Swansea V Aston Villa - Premiership

A friendly approach from both Manager as Villa make there first Premiership visit to Wales. Both managers hope the best team wins while Donald declared Laudrup is "one of the nicest people in football who's man management was top draw"

Swansea 0-2 Aston Villa
N'Zogbia
Nangis​

The late show by Villa as we played a very attacking hand off the bench and it won us the game producing 2 late goals.

Very early doors but 2 wins from 3 and 7 points is certainly acceptable with Wigan, West Brom and Swansea not quite the hardest opposition we'll face.

Player of the month
Charles N'Zogbia

View attachment 258684

The Frenchman made a stonking start to his Villa career with 4 goals from his 3 starts scoring in all 3 games​

Last edited:
September

- Victory in the 3rd round of League cup against Spurs was rewarded with another trick Premier league opposition Everton and we will have to go to Gooderson park.
- Two months in and still not managed to keep a clean sheet

Fixtures

Aston Villa V Stoke - Premiership
The day before the game Donald and Pulis talked about there mutual respect for each other. Donald fears the "brute strength of Stoke who we wont be able to go toe to toe with them but will use there superior technical skills to get a victory" Alan Hutton was injured in our last game and he will be out for about 2 months. Also out of the team is Stan Petrov who returned from international duty shattered at 75% fitness

Aston Villa 3-1 Stoke
N'Zogbia
Delph
O'G​

N'Zogbia scores another goal and Villa get another home win. We become the leagues top scorers. First time we dominated possession, chances and everything else important as the boys start to get used to my way of playing. Forlan Needs a big game up front next time or Bent will be getting the lead striker position.

Southampton V Aston Villa - Premiership
Southampton are the bookies favorites going into this battle and have Stephen Ireland desperate to show his ex boss Donald what he's missing out on by selling him during pre season.

Southampton 1-3 Aston Villa
Forlan 3​

After his position was under threat Diego Forlan took 28 seconds to get his name on the scoresheet for the first time and taking only another 35 minutes to complete his first hattrick for Villa. Donald took time in his press conference to praise John Mensah's early performances "Myself and our fans must be delighted he'***** the ground running" Southampton manager Nigel Adkins was left drooling over how Villa move the ball around and left Southampton "chasing shadows"

Aston Villa V Tottenham - League Cup 3rd round
Early team news from Villa park is that Craig Gordon, Villa's cup keeper has not won his fitness battle after being injured by Nathan Delfouneso in training. Unlike the first match Donald will play a much stronger team with premier league opposition in this round. Top scorers Forlan and N'Zogbia are both dropped from the squad to be fully fit for the next premiership game against Arsenal

Aston Villa 4-2 Tottenham
Bent 2
Rodallega 2​

A terrible start with Alex Lacazette, a Lyon loan signing scored in the opening minutes, But we knew we'd conceded at some time, we always do. Bent brought us level to remind me we have a battle for lead striker position before Spurs retook the lead right on half time, Rodallega dragged us level again in the second half. After Spurs made all there subs we took control of the game and Rodallega scored his second of the game to put us back in front with Darren Bent scoring a second to secure our place in the last 16.

Aston Villa V Arsenal - Premiership
Donalds first top 4 opposition. Our biggest challenge comes 3 days after a grueling comeback fight against Tottenham. Donald encourages his team by declaring "If we can get a result today then there's no reason why you can't beat anyone"

Aston Villa 1-1 Arsenal
Agbonlahor​

A tense first half was quickly forgotten about as Agbonlahor scored the opening goal in the 47th minute. Arsenal equalized during my substitutions on the 70th minute with there only shot on target. During the match Fabian Delph went off with a broken jaw and is our for a month
At the press conference at full time Donald proclaimed his shock with Nene being declared Man Of The Match "Any of my Attacking players earned that award over Nene. David Moyes will have to work hard to continue the good work done by Wenger building the Arsenal way" "Also im giving a abig shout out to Gabby Agbonlahor for scoring his 50th league goal for Villa"

There is no change in the top 2 as Newcastle and Aston Villa surprisingly continue to lead the way. November will be a much stiffer test for Villa who face Man Utd, Chelsea and two trips to Everton while the bigger teams Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea and Spurs all mover up the table into the top 7. Still no points in the bag for the Swansea, Sunderland and Southampton.

Player of the month
Fabian Delph
View attachment 258780

A Goal against Stoke and assist in our brilliant League cup win will give Delph something to enjoy on his month off injured.

October

- Everton inflict Aston Villa's first defeat of the season and that's just the start
- Made it through to the Quarter final of the League cup but lost EVERY other game in the month.
- Assistant calls for Shay Givens head and I tend to agree so will Put in Craig Gordon after our matches against Chelsea and Man Utd, Bent also gets a chance as Forlan starts drawing blanks and N'Zogbia also had a quiet month.

Fixtures

Everton V Aston Villa - Premiership
"YOU TOOK MY JOB" Paul Lambert announced how he had signed a contract to become Villa boss but they tore up the contract in his face and went on to employee an inexperienced fool instead. Donald calmly responded "wise move it was too, the fans seem quite pleased with 2nd place, Is 13th place lucky for you Paul?"

Everton 2-0 Aston Villa​

The dream of a clean sheet goes on as we suffer our first defeat of the season and my entire career. Man City and Spurs jump above us in the league and Paul Lambert thinks he's great. Not a good day!

Aston Villa V Man Utd - Premiership
"Yes I am a life long Man Utd fan but playing them will be no issue at all. Im here to win today for the club for there fans but most of all for ME! Hutton almost fit enough to return but misses out again, Petrov comes back knackered after international duty AGAIN!

Aston Villa 1-2 Man Utd
Nangis​

Gabby Agbonlahor makes another landmark by playing his 200th professional game. Was a let down although the boys did try there best! The were just beat by a better team.

Aston Villa V Chelsea - Premiership
Hutton makes his return, Delph is on the verge of a return. "I hope we can get our first points or even point of the month. "Huttons return can hopefully lead to a more stable backline's before we re-shape things, Not that any of the players know yet MWAHAHAHA

Aston Villa 0-1 Chelsea
View attachment 258818

"Ahh phew It was such a kick in the balls for that donkey Fernando Torres to score in the 91st minute after we dominated the game. Im actually going to go home tonight feeling sick for those lads"

Everton V Aston Villa - League Cup 4th Round
After loosing to the toffies recently are your team up for revenge. "The team is chomping at the bit to get out there and prove themselves after a heartbreaking defeat at Chelsea leaving us at a low for the season.

Everton 1-3 Aston Villa
Bent 3​

What more has Bent got to do for you to give him a chance in the league ahead of Forlan? " Nothing he will be getting his chance against Fulham on Saturday"

Aston Villa V Fulham - Premiership
3 Days after Villa came out against Everton with all guns blazing were back in action again this time against Fulham as we endeavor to build on our momentum from the Everton game.

Aston Villa 1-2 Fulham
Bent​

Criag Gordon took 3 minutes of his debut to score a own goal hat had our backs up against the wall and we never recovered from it. Threw the kitchen sink at the end and all i achieved was injuring Hutton again for two weeks this time and we weren't able to turn it around. A awful end to an awful month!

Newcastle suspiciously stay top of the table with Man City and Chelsea right in there slipstream. The bottom 3 managed 9 points between them this month which is 9 more than we managed as the mighty Villa plummeted to 10th.

Player of the month
Darren Bent

Bent single handedly got us through to the quarter finals of the cup the only moment of the month that wasn't awful.

Last edited:

November

- Finally manage to keep our 1st team clean sheet of the season away to Reading and have a 3 match run of clean sheets to see out the month
- Mohammed Al Fayed sells Fulham to director Dennis Turner
- Kyle Walker offered to us for a smudge under £10m i snapped him up securing the Right back spot for a good decade. He will arrive in January.

Fixtures

Reading V Aston Villa - Premiership

Reading 0-4 Aston Villa
Bent 2
N'Zogbia
Agbonlahor​

As Lou Reid once said "Oh what a perfect day" N'Zogbia gets back in the goals, Bent cements his place up front and don't hold your breath A CLEAN SHEET. Well done Craig Gordon in his 2nd premiership game

Aston Villa V Norwich - Premiership
All wing backs out injured so Youngsters Derrick Williams starts and Liam Bateman on the bench for a rare mid-week premier league game Donalds boys go on international duty after today and he will want them to keep the fans in good spirits for the 11 day break

Aston Villa 4-2 Norwich
Bent 3
Mensah​

Darren Bent got a 1st half hattrick which had the match in the bag. Or so you would assume but with out shaky defense letting two goal in we needed John Mensah to secure the 3 points with the performances of Bent and N'Zogbia leaving there boss purring

West Ham V Aston Villa - Premiership
Sam Allardyce pays a massive complement by disagreeing with our playing style saying its not enjoyable. Donald showed his mutual respect "On a tactical front im sure we'll cope with West Ham lumping the ball up to Carlton Cole"

West Ham 1-3 Aston Villa
Bent 2
O'G​

Pass and win seems to win over up and win as we managed to come back from a poor start to eventually outplay West Ham and get the three points.

Newcastle V Aston Villa - Premiership
A Trip to the Sports Direct Arena is a bit more daughnting than normal with there brilliant start to the season. "I would love it if we can knock them of the top of the table LOVE IT" Donald scoffed in disrespect at former manager Kevin Keagan

Newcastle 0-0 Aston Villa​

A very boring match as two of the leagues top scorers cancelled out each other Newcastle stay top and promise there fans goals next time out.

Aston Villa V Tottenham - Premiership
In tribute to the Kyle Walker deal being completed swiftly Spurs make there annual trip to Villa park for some Premiership action. Alan Hutton pushes my patients as he is missing again, Suspension this time

Aston Villa 2-0 Tottenham
Agbonlahor
Bent​

You left the sidelines well before the end of the game with the score at 1-0 Where did you go to? "Supper was on the table and you can't pause real life otherwise I'd have come back and watched us win"
Some Idiot put a clause in Bents contract that he would bet £500k after reaching 10 goals every season. Must sort that out as he's now hit 9

Chelsea V Aston Villa - League Cup Quarter Final
Villa's notorious for a good run in the league cup face there toughest test and there second from London. The two managers get on very well but relations will be strained as a place in a cup semi final on the line.

Chelsea 0-3 Aston Villa
Bent 3​

Villa make a storming start and with Bent we took the lead into half time. Were the better team having chance after chance to put the game to bed and eventually Bent took 2 to get another carling cup hattrick. Donald claims "Its mine and the teams biggest win to reach a cup semi final by beating a teams like Chelsea, Tottenham and Everton on the way is just great"

A bit of a ease up in the tricky fixtures gave us a chance to put some more points on the board and we managed to pull ourselves back up to 4th in the table with 3rd and 10th separate by 2 points. SOuthampton are the only team yet to pick up a win.

Player of the month
Darren Bent
View attachment 259002

Diego Forlan has been brilliantly put in his place by Darren Bent and his super shooting boots found 11 goals this month.

Last edited:
December

- Heart stops when I see the draw for the semi finals of the league and we drew Cardiff. Other semi final Wolves V Southampton. What a great chance we have to win a cup
- Martin O'Neil sacked by Sunderland who lie down in 19th place and face Aston Villa in there first game without him. He is quickly getting Tony Pulis from Stoke just before our game costing them £1m. Stoke replace him with Alan Shearer
- Second city Derby will take place at St Andrews in the FA Cup 3rd round
- Boxing day football not on in 2011. FA want players to enjoy the festive period. Jingle balls!
- Forlan sold to Sunderland on Christmas eve for £5m, most of it going right back to Forlan in promised bonuses.

Liverpool V Aston Villa - Premiership
Liverpool by position are having a very poor seasonbut are only 2 points off a automatic Champions League place while being down in 10th. Facing off is two of the leagues top goalkeepers with Reina on a run of 5 clean sheets and Gordon not conceding in the last 3 games

Liverpool 1-1 Aston Villa
N'Zogbia​

Neither defense felt to leaky and with both teams being next to each other in the table that was reflected in the game and result.

Sunderland V Aston Villa - Premiership
As I go to pick my team for the game im greeted at the door by Tony Pulis who announces he is now in charge of Sunderland as of right now!!!. " You have big shoes to fill Tony and you know its a tough job if Martin O'Neil failed"

Sunderland 1-5 Aston Villa
O'G
Bent
Agbonlahor
Rodallega
N'Zogbia​

"Wow Tony has a massive job on his hands! Especially when there only goal was scored by my midfield" Sunderland were toothless and offered absolutely nothing and we could have easily scored more today.

Aston Villa V Man City - Premiership
Man City are starting to pick up there form having won there last 3 games and starting to pick up steam. "Were also on a good run and the opportunity to take on footballs richest team is one I relish!"

Aston Villa 3-3 Man City
Bent
Mensah
Makoun​

"2-0 down the ref just away to blow for half time and the last thing you need is your vice captain Richard Dunne getting sent off to end our chances" WRONG!!! Possibly the best second half I've ever had in Football. With 10 men Darren Bent and John Mensamazingly pulled us level with 10 minutes to go. Then it appeared to go pear shaped. Another center back James Collins gets sent off while giving away the penalty. Craig Gordon saves the Penalty but Kompany scores the resulting corner to win it for Man City, WRONG! Down to 9 men we go on the attack and with a Jean Makoun strike we pulled it level again. "That was one of the greatest performances I've seen from a bunch of players. The enthusiasm, effort and desire they showed is unmatched BRILLIANT" Gabby Agbonlahor playing his 200th league game for Villa "What away to celebrate your 200th game"

Aston Villa V QPR - Premiership
QPR are playing well above there expectations for a team that should be around the relegation zone slogging it out with Liverpool Arsenal and other renowned premiership teams is a great achievements. "Last chance to give me a Christmas present lads, Go do it"

Aston Villa 2-1 QPR
Bent
N'Zogbia​

Back to winning ways but only just. Had to fight from behind again and QPR were very hard to breakdown but we finally managed to get the winner late on from Charlie

Aston Villa V West Brom - Premiership
Following a headed midlands derby on the opening day when these two managers made there debuts more of the same is expected at Villa park today. Following recent form is confident "We have a great chance of picking up the 3 points"

Aston Villa 3-0 West Brom
Bent 2
O'G​

"Were on a 10 match unbeaten run! If we an carry this through the festive period then we will be in a great position to fight for a European place, Winning a derby game is especially good for the teams confidence and proving Steve Clark and his mind games wrong being the icing on the cake"

Wigan V Aston Villa - Premiership
Following the Daily Mail report that Donald thinks Darren Bent is the week link in the team "Its scandalous the press can get away with misquoting me to ruin the squads harmony especially my star forward"

Wigan 1-4 Aston Villa
Bent 3
N'Zogbia​

"Darran Bent is no one man show, Its a team effort but he is the star on the top of the Christmas tree and he is shining brighter than ever at the moment"

A Brilliant month. Big wins over the smaller teams and one of the best matches I've seen on FM against Man City

Player of the month
Darren Bent
View attachment 259179

8 Goals this month 5 in the last 2 and scored in 5 consecutive games. Diego who? Darren Bent is looking like he could turn out to be the best striker i've ever had my hands on.

Last edited:

January

- Beat Birmingham in a thrilling FA Cup tie and get rewarded with a easy trip to Oxford in the next round
- Accept a £17m offer form Man Utd for Gabby Agbonlahor but he rejects personal terms
- Get our first feeder club St Mirren from Scotland, Loading up Scottish Premier from next season will loan players out there
- Board felt really generous this month as they also accepted my request to expand the stadium to just over 48000
- Midlands Derby in the League Cup Final as Aston Villa play Wolves after Villa only just got past Cardiff in a tight semi finals
- Comfortably beat Birmingham then Oxford to getto the 5th round of the FA Cup where we'll face our closest league rivals Chelsea
- Two big purchases from the England national team. Kyle Walker £10m and Ryan Shawcross £12m

Fixtures

Birmingham V Aston Villa - FA Cup 3rd Round
Both teams have high ambitions for the season but for the fans this is the biggest game of the season. "It doesn't get any better than playing your biggest rivals in the cup! Clark's team will be as motivated as we are for the game" On the squad selection will Kyle Walker get his debut? "Yes Kyle is here to be our first choice right back for as long as he is good enough to perform"

Birmingham 2-5 Aston Villa
Bent 2
Delph
N'Zogbia
Albrighton​

A tale of two half's here with a brilliant first half half hour of action which saw 6 goals and Villa take a 4-2 lead only adding 1 more goal to finish 5-2 "That was a game which all of Birmingham will be proud of, Not everyone will be happy with the score but the performances of both team was brilliant and a great advert for Birmingham and the FA Cup"

Cardiff V Aston Villa - League Cup Semi Finals 1st Leg
Both teams hope to take the advantage from the 1st leg maybe more so Cardiff with them being the home team "Im confident we'll get a result tonight and im very confident the team have enough to progress to the final"

Cardiff 3-4 Aston Villa
Delph 2
Nangis
Bent

View attachment 259420

Like our last cup game we scored 4 goals in the 1st half before Cardiff made a comeback in the second half capitalizing on stupid mistakes by Villa to pull it right back to finish 4-3 leaving the 2nd leg open despite having a massive lead at half time. Despite a brilliant comeback Malky Mackay admitted they were lucky to get a result "They passed us off the park"

Aston Villa V Swansea - Premiership
Swansea come to Villa Park with two Villa Rejects in Emile Heskey and Barry Bannan, Bit harsh on Barry but he was happy to leave and i was happy to get £6m for him.

Aston Villa 0-2 Swansea​

"The only rejects were all playing for the home team today we were ****** awful! The lads need to buck up there ideas after two sub standard performances in a row" We had no answer to Swansea today, best team won!

Stoke V Aston Villa - Premiership
Most of the focus was off the upcoming game as Aston Villa launched a bid to buy Stokes star defender Ryan Shawcross Donald made no qualms about the issue "There's a bid in and a contract on the table so for 90 minutes we will all forget about it and focus on getting back on the right track"

Stoke 1-2 Aston Villa
Bent
Agbonlahor​

We hit them hard and early to rush into a 2 goal lead before Stoke came out a different team in the second half and had more than enough chances to grab a point but we somehow held out to get the 3 points. "James Collins was a rock out there today our best performance by a defender this season, He was the difference between 0 points and 3 points"

Aston Villa V Southampton - Premiership
"Another game! the boys are starting to get tired but every game is huge at the moment and we can't afford to rest anyone with all the players away at the African Nations and Injury's haven't helped" Southampton have now played 22 Premiership games and not won yet! At least we got in Ryan Shawcross to make his debut and give the defense some rest

Aston Villa 3-3 Southampton
N'Zogbia
Delfouneso 2​

They may not have won a game yet but they wont have been much closer than this! Villa went 2-0 up after 7 minutes it looked like it would be a walkover. WELL on the 85th minute it had totally flipped to be 3-2 Southampton! It was only thanks to Nathan Delfouneso, who had 6 shots on target managed to get his 2nd goal of the game right at the end to save a point

Aston Villa V Cardiff - League Cup Semi Finals 2nd Leg
After almost throwing away our lead in the tie and certainly giving up a a winning advantage we have to go full strength in this match where we should have been able to give some youngsters a run out. "We still have a lot of work to do today so i expect a good win to get us to the final after an embarrassing 2nd half in Cardiff"

Aston Villa 2-2 Cardiff AET
Agbonlahor
Albrighton

AGG Aston Villa 6-5 Cardiff

View attachment 259421

Wow two matches in a row where our side should have won handsomely but played awful and on both occasions squeezed through just and only just! "We played so bad there its hard to comprehend how bad we were and to accept we've just made it to the final"

Oxford V Aston Villa - FA Cup 4th Round
Finally a chance to play a full back up team! Oh wait the U18's played today so i wont get to rest all the players drat!

Oxford 2-5 Aston Villa
Rodallega 2
Delfouneso 3​

Today was a day where the back up forwards really came through and proved there worth with Rodallega and Delfouneso both grabbing a few goals.

3 games, 3 different results, 3 poor performances. It was a very busy month with fixtures and it does not look like February will be any let up with Arsenal, Everton, Man Utd and Newcastle in the first 11 days of the month

Player of the month
Nathan Delfouneso
View attachment 259419

Nathen doesn't get many chances in the first team but he played a key role in our last 3 games of the month. the late equalizer against Southampton was really special then playing 120 minutes against Cardiff and being the bridesmaid to Rodallega in at Oxford. Honorable mention to Fabian Delph who also was amazing at the start of the month and had a £7m offer from everton rejected and has been offered a new deal

Villa Transfers

IN
Andrea Bertolacci - Pre-contract arrives in July from Roma
Yaya Sanogo - Pre Contract - arrives in July from Auxerre
Ryan Shawcross - Stoke - £12.25m
Kyle Walker - Spurs - £10m

View attachment 259421View attachment 259422

Two more youngsters who will do a job in the future with Bertolacci and Sanogo will both arrive in the summer and perhaps signal the end of some of the more experienced players times at the club.
Ryan Shawcross is "one of the best English center backs" and like Kyle Walker he will be a key part of my team for the rest of the decade.
Kyle Walker is the "England right back of the present and future and its a honor to have him at the club" Was offered for £9.75m so i bit spurs hand off to get him and he's my best signing so far.​

Out
Barry Bannan - Swansea £6m
Diego Forlan - Sunderland £5m

Two of the players leaving were sitting on the bench, Bannan was getting the odd appearance but was only back up and im happy to take £6m for a back up player any day.
Diego Forlan is another story! I picked him up on a free and expected him to take the league by storm but Bent was scoring twice as often despite being a sub and playing in the cup so Forlan dropped to the bench and when he requested a transfer i didnt have to think twice about letting him go.

Other Transfers
Two headlines here! Manchester spends lots of money! And Everton have sold up shop!

Ever Banega - Man Utd - £22.5m
Maro Fellaini - Man City - £20m
Leighton Baines - Arsenal - £17m
Jimmy Briand - Man City - £15m
Kim Kallstrom - Liverpool - £13.5m
Phil Jagielka - Arsenal - £12m
Dede - Man Utd - £12m
Demy de Zeeuw - Valencia £12m
Chiek Tiote - Paris SG - £10.5m
Kevin Stootman - Liverpool £10m​

February

- Cameroon beat Nigeria in African Nations finals
- Villa Destroy Chelsea 5-1 in the FA Cup and are rewarded with a 6th round tie with Man City/Wigan

Arsenal V Aston Villa - Premiership
"David Moyes is not filling Wengers boots at all and if he doesn't buck up his ideas he will be out of a job soon" Arsenal are 15 points off top spot after 24 games.

Arsenal 3-1 Aston Villa
Albrighton​

Arsenal give us a 1st half hiding that we could do nothing about and to literally add injury to insult Walker was taken off with a knock as was Petrov who is out for 3 weeks and Agbonlahor who is out for 1 week

Aston Villa V Everton - Premiership
Everton is never a easy team to play and despite loosing so many key players in January they will still be a hard team to get a result against

Aston Villa 4-3 Everton
Bent 3
Rodallega​

Just when it looked like we had thrown away a big lead yet again Hugo Rodallega came in and scored at the death to get us a vital 3 points i thought we'd lost.

Man Utd V Aston villa - Premiership
"This is the hardest game of the season and eve i wouldn't touch the 11/1 price you can get on us to win at Old Trafford"

Man Utd 2-0 Aston Villa​

Well that wasn't as bad as i thought it may be! The ref was awful though and got us a £25,000 fine by handing out 6 yellow cards. M Jones is blacklisted by everyone associated with Villa

Aston Villa V Newcastle - Premiership
Newcastle catch Villa at just the right time during a month long run of Saturday-Wednesday games including facing Man Utd, Spurs, Arsenal and the Carling Cup Semi final Donals feels this could be key for the season "Both sides have outdone themselves this season with both sides floating around the Champions League places after making great starts"

Aston Villa 2-1 Newcastle
Bent
Rodellega​

Darren bents 1st half goal gave us the advantage till the game came to life in the last 10 minutes. Cabaye equalized and looked to have earned a point for the toon until sub Hugo Rodallega hit the winner to give us a massive 3 points in this crazy battle between the teams in 2nd-8th separated by 4 points

Aston Villa V Chelsea - FA Cup 5th Round
Can you destroy Chelsea again in the FA Cup like you did in the Carling Cup? "No i think Chelsea will bring a much more serious and focused team with the FA Cup being a far bigger prize I'd expect us to have to fight a lot harder to take anything from this game"

Aston Villa 5-1 Chelsea
N'Zogbia 4
Delfouneso​

In a very close encounter 1 man totally stole the show with his 4 goals. Charles N'Zogbia has been "an absolute gem" this season with a record of 34 games 16 goals and 19 assists.

Well we came through the month without too much damage and are still right in the middle of 7 teams separated by 6 points fighting for 2nd Place and everything in between. Man Utd have now totally bolted and with 10 games to go there 13 point gap will be tough for any of us chasing pack to close down.

Player of the Month
Charles N'Zogbia
View attachment 259788

The star winger put in performance after performance and then he hit 4 goals to knock out Chelsea pretty much single handedly!

----- League Cup Final Up Next -----

The 2012 League Cup Final

View attachment 259829

Midlands derby at Wembley

View attachment 259830
Aston Villa V Wolves

The Match

Villa control! 1st half
18 - Villa Goal - N'Zogbia

Wolves come back into it and get a goal there surge in possesion deserves
60 - Wolves Goal - R Johnson

Bring on Rodellega and El Ahmadi and the fresh legs bring us back in control and after fluffing several chances Darren Bent hits the winner and secures the League Cup
86 - Villa Goal - D Bent

View attachment 259827 View attachment 259828

Donald Dedicates Villa Cup win to!!!!!!!!!!!

"Hard work and never giving up! some of the boys hated the extra effort i put on there arobic training but its come sining through today as our extra fitness combined with pure desire brought the boys there reward"

Whats next?? Its Satarday night so IM ON IT!!!!!

View attachment 259826

Last edited:
March

- Man Utd win the League, Southampton go down, Battle for 2nd goes on and on and on
- Man City needed a replay, extra time and eventually a penalty shoot out to get mast Wigan and meet us in the quarter final eventually knocking Villa out
- After spending £10m on Kyle Walker i get a "Best of his generation" Right back in the youth intake. Nothing else too special however

- Man Utd poach one of my few original coaches Tony McAndrew and i found his replacement in the ever amusing David Court
- Michael Owen moves to Norwich after spending most of the year without a team

Fixtures

Fulham V Aston Villa - Premiership
"Revenge is a great incentive for us to go out there today and grab 3 points. The momentum the cup win brought us will hopefully see us kick on and maybe improve the European competition we'll be in next season"

Fulham 0-2 Aston Villa
Bent 2​

With a draw expected to be the order of the day a double from you know who Darren Bent was the difference between the teams.

Aston Villa V Reading - Premiership
Brian McDermott claims only in your dreams can you beat Reading. The man is utterly deluded! There in 18th place, only 4 wins and on 21 points. Oh and 18 games without a win. The guy needs a slap! "As long a McDermott is in charge Reading are facing the drop"

Aston Villa 4-1 Reading
Bent 3
Delfouneso​

After all the bravado Reading did take a very early lead but we only needed 10 minutes to make amends and equalize and as the second half stared we scored a few goals to put the game beyond Reading and Nathan Delfouneso put the cherry on top in the final moments.

Chelsea V Aston Villa - Premiership
Chelsea are favorites going into one of the many "battle for 2nd place" taking place this month where Villa will be hoping to carry there cup form where they have conclusively bet Chelsea twice this season already.

Chelsea 1-3 Aston Villa
Bent
O'G - Cech
O'G - Essien​

"Yes i firmly believe we are in there head and that's half the battle, We must certainly be there boogie team" Two own goals by Chelsea gave us our 3rd win of the season against one of the title favorites in there own back yard.

Man City V Aston Villa - FA Cup Quarter Final
A second tricky trip in 3 days and to get a shot at a second cup of the season. Getting past Man City would only leave Spurs and possibly Everton top 10 premiership teams in the competition. Fitness wise this is the worst state we've been in since the African Nations. Youth player illegible, Shawcross cup tied, Makoun and Collins not quite recovered from knocks and the team are still tired from the Chelsea game.

Man City 1-0 Aston Villa​

Having kept the shutters up for 85 minutes in what had been a boring game Mario Balotelli scored what would eventually go down as the winner. However the fun was not over there! In the 93rd minute Villa were awarded a penalty which Hugo Rodallega confidently struck into the hand of Joe Hart and out brilliance in the cup came to an end for another year. "We can put our 100% focus on the league from now on and see if we can challenge for a champions league spot"

Norwich V Aston Villa - Premiership
The next two matches are critical. If we are to get back to winning ways we have to fight through the tiredness and disappointment of defeat "Norwich are no longer in threat of relegation. 8 points clear with 8 games to go and despite there patchy for the teams below them have been awful!" All the problems for the FA Cup tie are gone as all the unavailable players are now fit

Norwich 0-1 Aston Villa
Delph​

Fighting to get the 3 points today was vital with Spurs up next. It might not have the satisfaction of winning 3-0, 4-0 but there's a great feeling when you defended can hold onto a 1-0 win.

Tottenham V Aston Villa - Premiership
Tottenham away is up next in the now familiar 2nd-8th battle and they have one thing in common with Villa. Tonight live in London its

Bent V Lewandowski
This is how they weigh up

View attachment 259944View attachment 259945

Tottenham 4-0 Aston Villa​

Lewandowski injured early doors took out there star attraction but they did not miss him. Jack Fricker made his debut and it was not a happy one as he went off injured before half time and the game only went downhill from there as a second, third and fourth followed as our worst result of the season came at the end of another run of 2 games a week. We need a bigger and better squad for next season.

Aston Villa V West Ham - Premiership
After our latest adventure and all the away games its great to be home to try and get back on track. "Sam and i are a two different ends of how to play the game i like it on the deck he likes it in the sky, We'll see what turns out the best tonight i guess"

Aston Villa 2-0 West Ham
N'Zogbia
Nangis​

Well after telling them to get out there and get a good solid performance and give the fans a few goals. Gabby Agbonlahor took 5 minutes to make his impression by getting sent off. We then labored through to the 80th minute when N'Zogbia finally put the hammers out of there misery. Young sub Lenny Nangis caught West Ham on the counter attack in stoppage time to secure the points and letting me start this write up a few seconds earlier, Although writing that took up more time than waiting for full time!

Man Utd are champions. YAY! Southampton go down despite two recent wins and the Battle for 2nd shows no sign of letting up with 3 points separating 2nd and 7th with Liverpool not exactly cast adrift 3 points further back in 8th.

Player of the Month
Fabian Delph
View attachment 259947

My assistant Mr Antenucci has been singing the praises of Delph all season and with the lack of midfielders in the squad he has a grand chance of carrying on there next season.
On a side note Darren Bent won the league player of the month with his 6 goals in 6 games

Last edited:
What a tight end to the season! That rb looks as though he will be quality. I would call him up as backup rb if I was you.