Evolution of the football manager

Good strong man!! Wilshere's stats look crazy good!!

Great Stats but poor performances Sitting on a 6.92 and only 1 assist from his 14 appearance to date.

His report card will certainly read "Must do better"

March

- Still unbeaten and on a 10 match winning run in LA LIGA
- Chelsea shock me at least by knocking us out of Europe in a shoot out
- Espanyol sack long serving Marcelino

Fixtures

Granada V Real Madrid - Liga

Granada 2-3 Real Madrid
Di Maria
Ronaldo - 200th Real Madrid Goal
Higuain

We were 3-0 up and almost threw it all away with a very sloppy 2nd half display

Real Madrid V Mallorca - Liga
A rare week off in the run up to this game. Iker Casillas reaches his 725th league game and Ramos his 475th

Real Madrid 2-0 Mallorca
O'G
Higuain

Real Madrid V Chelsea - Europa League last 16 1st leg
Were back in Europe to face old foe's Chelsea and old friends 37 year old center back Nemanja Vidic

Real Madrid 0-2 Chelsea

This was disgusting! Chelsea stole the lead before half time and then 8 on target efforts later we conceded again with 5 minutes left to leave us with a massive challenge for the 2nd leg

Hercules V Real Madrid - Liga

Hercules 0-1 Real Madrid
Ronaldo

A dubious 86th minute penalty turned in by Ronaldo got us a ridiculously earned 3 points "I expect the polar opposite against Chelsea" This was also our 50th game in a row where Madrid scored a goal

Chelsea V Real Madrid - Europa League last 16 2nd leg
"We couldn't get the result or performance at home so now you all have to put in the performance of the season to get us our of the hole were in"

Chelsea 0-2 Real Madrid
Criscito
Ronaldo

AGG
Chelsea 2-2 Real Madrid

--- Chelsea win 5-4 on Pens ---

Nothing is more devastating than going out in penalty's especially when your wonderkid missed the decisive kick. Almost forgot we need 2 goals in the last 3 minute to force extra time as it was!

Real Madrid V Espanyol - Liga
"Just the Spanish double for us now boys"

Real Madrid 4-0 Espanyol
Rodrigo 4

Rodrigo was well on his way out and only got a game today as i was totally stuck for strikers. Looks like he's earned himself a 2nd chance

Betis V Real Madrid - Liga

Betis 0-1 Real Madrid
Di Maria

Europe
View attachment 280040 View attachment 280041
Pretty gutted to be out already but that's all thanks to a dodgy night in our own stadium

League
View attachment 280042
Barca's challenge hasn't just fell its totally collapsed. There now even behind Villarreal 15 points back down the road

Player of the Month
Domenico Criscito
View attachment 280043

France

France V Andorra - Euro Qualifier match 3
Were missing 6 starting players through injury but i still expect us to win easily here

France 8-0 Andorra
Benzema
Cisse 3
Griezmann 2
O'G
Sanogo

No problems as we perform a utter walk over

View attachment 280039

April

- Win the League very comfortably in the end
- But no unbeaten season as we loose at Zaragoza 1-0 to also end our long scoring run

Fixtures

Real Madrid 6-0 Levante - Liga
Higuain 3

Correale
Jorge
Fellaini

Higuain ended a 275 minute goal drought

Real Sociedad 0-2 Real Madrid - Liga
Iglesias
Wilshere

Casilla's 700th league game for the club

Real Madrid 2-1 Malaga - Liga
Di Maria
Higuain

Zaragoza 1-0 Real Madrid - Liga
Fair to say i swore A LOT after this result "We were S**t there performance was disgusting" Lost our 53 match scoring run as well as out unbeaten season. From now on were playing more youth players

Osasuna 0-1 Real Madrid - Liga
Di Maria

This result was enough to secure LA LIGA with 4 games to go

Real Madrid 3-0 Villarreal - LIGA
O'G
Iglesias
Molina

I hope the Copa Del Rey final is this easy

League
View attachment 280113
We won the league and Elche went down. Barca looking good for 2nd while Athletico Madrid and Valencia have some work to do to secure European football next season and for relegation its Granada v Espanyol V Osasuna v Hercules

Player of the Month
Angel Di Maria
View attachment 280114

Sticking to the left wing but the attacking side of it this month. Di Maria found a good time to start scoring

Did i mention i was devastated to have lost our unbeaten record?

May

Fixtures

Elche 2-0 Real Madrid - Liga

The team that's rooted to the bottom and relegated easily beat the team who won the league by a mile

EL Classico
Real Madrid V Barcelona
What a place to have this fixture! Bit of a shame were so far ahead and the match is just for pride "Well still send out our strongest team"

Real Madrid 2-2 Barcelona
Higuain
Fellaini

Would usually but designated to have dropped a 2 goal lead to Barcelona but the only bad thing to come of this is that we will not hit the 100 points we expected

Sevilla 3-1 Real Madrid - Liga
Higuain

Put out a semi strong team so this result is pathetic. One highlight Higuain scored on his 350th appearance

Copa Del Rey Final 2019

Real Madrid V Villarreal

View attachment 280192 View attachment 280193

1993, 2013 that's all we have to show for Spanish Cup success. "Tonight we must make up for loosing in Europe and loosing our undefeated streak in the league by winning the Spanish cup and doing the double"

Team News

Real Madrid
Our worst match of the season for fitness issues. Luis and Criscito injured while Fellaini, M'Villa and Cermeno are all out injured

Villarreal
Andres Sanchez has been a long term injury along with Dani, Siem De Jong, Matilla and the suspended Bruno Tarres

The Match

7 - Real Madrid 0-1 Villarreal - Suso
Could a shock be on the cards? Are we throwing away another Spanish cup!

24 - Real Madrid 1-1 Villarreal - Higuain
Our pressure has payed off and were back in the game through our main striker

27 - Real Madrid 2-1 Villarreal - Di Maria
And we striker again almost immediately to take the lead

35 - Real Madrid 2-2 Villarreal
Oops getting a bit ahead of ourselves! Villarreal's main forward Joselu pulls it all level

HT Real Madrid 2-2 Villarreal

66 - Real Madrid 3-2 Villarreal - Di Maria
We push on adding Galim to the frontline and going more attacking and it pays off as we go ahead for the first time

72 - Real Madrid 3-3 Villarreal - Joselu
Villarreal are far from caving in here and led by Joselu and are right back in the fight

82 - Real Madrid 4-3 Villarreal - Wilshere
Sorry to spoil it for everyone but Jack Wilshere has his first meaningful moment of the game and are well on the way to lifting the Spanish cup

FT Real Madrid 4-3 Villarreal

View attachment 280194 View attachment 280195

The Spanish double is complete. In less than 12 months I've turned this Madrid team from a failing team of failures dropping out of the top 4 in Spain to running away with the Spanish League and adding the Spanish cup. Still a long way to go but a great start!

View attachment 280196

"Caption contest Any suggestions?"

Season 2018/18 Season Review

Liga - Winners
Copa Del Rey - Winners
Europa League - Last 16

Season stats
View attachment 280259

A big turn around from the disasters of the season past

Team talk After the Copa Del Rey

"Brilliant stuff guys we've won everything we can domestically but I've seen enough from you all to see that next season we can challenge for the Champions League and possibly go unbeaten in the league all season!"

League

View attachment 280260 View attachment 280261 View attachment 280262

We won the league and from December onwards it was so easy it was ridiculous. Barca fell out of form as did the rest of the teams who finished above us last season
Barcelona turned it on through April and May to secure 2nd while Villarreal and the seasons surprise package Betis will be in the Champions League. Sevilla, Malaga and Athletico Madrid made it to the Europa League while Valencia miss out on Europe all together
Elche were down so long ago its hardly a memory, Osasuna and Granada followed suit and also went down after Espanyol crawled out of the bottom 3 at the last
Returning to La Liga are adelante winners Deportivo and play off winners

Europe

View attachment 280263

Im very surprised we went out so early even if it was to Chelsea! We have to do a lot better in the Champions League next season

Copa Del Rey

View attachment 280264 View attachment 280265

Real Madrids record in this competition is simply awful so I'd made it a priority that we won this first time out and we did

2018/19 Season Awards

LA LIGA Awards

Player of the year - C Ronaldo - R Madrid
View attachment 280274
Top Scorer - R Gomez - Mallorca
GK of the Year - I Casillas - R Madrid
Manager of the year A Moreno - R Betis - huh?
Team of the year - 5 players from Madrid - Messi on the bench!

View attachment 280266

---- Match of the season ----
29th May 2019 - Neuvo Mestalla
Real Madrid 4-3 Villarreal

Impossible to pick any other game!

---- Signing of the season ----
Mario Correale
View attachment 280267

Despite all the big money spent it was the freebie released by Man Utd after i left quickly fought his way into the 1st team and has already started to chip in with goals and assists

Real Madrid Player of the season 2018/19

3rd - Gonzalo Higuain
View attachment 280268
The veteran Argentinean forward scored more than a goal every game in the League and in all competition proving to be a pivotal point in our team

2nd - Cristiano Ronaldo
View attachment 280269
There is no stopping the old man. Turned 34 mid season just as he hit top form winning consecutive player of the month awards

1st - Angel Di Maria
View attachment 280270
The winger was a monster this season. Instantly fitting into my system like a glove Angel has no problems scoring or making goals as part of being out star player

Champions League Final

Man Utd 1-2 Paris SG

View attachment 280275

Shocking! Simeone may have won the league but only i loose to rubbish in finals!

Europa League final
Chelsea 1-2 Aston Villa

Chelsea were rewarded for knocking my current team out by loosing to my first team Villa

Affiliated clubs

Castilla
1st in Spanish second division B3

Were stuck mid pack at the half way point but i sent out some better players and from then on there was nothing to stop them winning the league to reach Adelante

France Review

View attachment 280273

The new generation are still settling in but were top of the league as it stands

Going into the summer
With a satisfactory first season which could have been so much better leaves me in a tricky spot of whether to tinker with the team or just bring on gentle progression? Guess we'll see soon!

Season preview

Back in the Champions League

Targets

Season 2 at Madrid follows a stunning debut season where we dominated Spain and showed promise to go undefeated in the league. Again i made 2 world record offers and again they were rejected

La Liga - Winner
Copa Del Rey - Winner
Champions League - Final

Media prediction is to be runner up again which is fair enough as Barca have a very strong team and if they hadn't fell apart after Christmas the league could have been very different

Transfers

View attachment 280339

Similar to last summer i spent big but not the record numbers or very top drawer players i wanted who are still not keen on the move till were back to being the top club in the world.

In

Two big money moves to replace the aging players in my squad and another pile of youths to make up for the rubbish we got in our youth intake

Dimitri Van Duren
View attachment 280340

The 2019 galactico is signed by me for the 3rd time. Every time I've picked him up he's done a job for me and been better and better each time I've had him. "Like Galim last summer Dimitri has the skills already to be a star in this team for the next decade"

Andrew Doyle
View attachment 280341

£50m went Newcastle's way for the former St Mirren left back. Found him in the Scotland squad while looking for good u19's. "Both our wing backs are in the latter stages of there career so its time for Doyle to come in and take over on the left wing. How good can he be over time?"

Other 1st team signing

Another old friend the original "Next Ronaldo" Ricardo Oliveira. Never really took off after i left Villa but will be good back up to RonaldoView attachment 280342 View attachment 280343

Youth players

5 youth players to top up the squad as most of the team are still in the u19s Santano came from Bilbao

View attachment 280344 View attachment 280345 View attachment 280346 View attachment 280347View attachment 280348

Promoted to the 1st team are Donev and Larsen

View attachment 280349 View attachment 280350

Out

No big name players leaving this time but we made £47m from selling 7 back up 1st team players. Rodrigo going to Bayern for £24m helped after only a few appearances last season. Jesus and Iglesias was not performing and i want to give others a chance on the wings and Sahin was unlucky as we took in Van Duren and promoted star u19 player Donev

Loan watch

View attachment 280351

6 left on loan​
All players went out to get 1st team experience except Wilfred Zaha who will be sold in January or next summer

Other summer news

Real Madrid are adding a few seats after we sold out 19 times last season. New capacity to be announced at a later date

Manager changes

Steve Keane - QPR
Otman Bakkal - Sunderland
Mauricio Pocheettino - Stoke
Liam Ridgewell - Bolton
Marcelino - Levante

Top 10 Transfer
Not including Madrid Deals

Only Nkoulou and Rafael arent regens

Mohamed Camara - Man City - £24m
View attachment 280352

Mustafa Amini - Man Utd - £22m
View attachment 280353

Rafael - Barcelona £21.5m
Nicolas Nkoulou - Ath Madrid - £19.25m
Juan Balbuena - Barcelona - £17.25m
View attachment 280354

Bodao - Chelsea - £16.75m
View attachment 280355

Kostas Tzortzis - Chelsea - £15.75m
View attachment 280356

Marko Livaja - Villarreal - £15.25m
View attachment 280357

I Osmanov - Arsenal - £14.25m
View attachment 280358

G Garcia - Chelsea - £14m
View attachment 280359

Real Madrid First team 2019

View attachment 280360

Second season and i feel were stronger again. Loosing some of the useless flab around the side and brought through some more youth and brought in world class players like Van Duren and Doyle

France Update
Euro Qualifyers

Poland V France - Group E match 4
Top of the table clash. This should be the hardest match we have so a win here should set us up to get through easily

Poland 0-1 France
Galim

Result doesnt look pretty but we totally bossed the match so im happy

Bosnia V France - Group E match 5
Moussa Sissoko starts to get his 75th cap

Bosnia 0-0 France

Ok not the most positive summer of football but there was a positive sign for the future of France with the U19's winning there European Championships

View attachment 280361

The Kings Cup

1st leg

Real Madrid V Villarreal

"A win here and we are on the way to adding the final piece of Spanish silverware"

Real Madrid 1-0 Villarreal
Fellaini

A worrying performance even for our first game "We've a lot of work to do to secure the trophy on wednesday night"

2nd leg

Villarreal V Real Madrid

"We let the fans down last time out tonight we must bring it for the millions of fans expecting us to win"

Villarreal 1-2 Real Madrid
Di Maria
Higuain

Agg
Real Madrid 3-1 Villarreal

Final title we needed in Spain is in the bag leaving me with a small correction to make.

Now Ronaldo now you may lift the King Cup!

View attachment 280401

Wow cograts on last season.

£50m on a right back?!?! You're crazy lol

And so ends my favorite story of 2012. With FM and WWE 13 out on friday im having a short break from games. Yep 2 nights haha. Thanks everyone for all the comments and input to the story. See you all in FM 2013