Evolution of the football manager

What a tight end to the season! That rb looks as though he will be quality. I would call him up as backup rb if I was you.

As you post this i can announce Kyle Walker's season is over after a hip injury will keep him out of the Euro's but should be back for next season. Were filling up with Defenders with a few good ones in the u19's on top of the 8 defenders we have in the first team and 3 out on loan so will see this part of the team cleared out

April + May
The march to Europe

- Villa miss out on final Champions League spot on goal difference- Chelsea, Real Madrid and Man Utd all fall out of the Champions league at the quarter finals with Ajax, Porto and Arsenal joining favorites Barcelona in the Semi Final. After the Semi Finals the two favorites Barcelona and Arsenal will meet in the final
- Europa League News Newcastle knock out Man City and Schalke beat Leverkusen in there Semi Finals
- Agbonlahor injured in training the day after a 3 match ban ends leaving him to join Kyle Walker in looking forward to 2012/13
- Sunderland then Reading join Southampton in the Championship next season, Reading the sacking Brian McDermott

Fixtures

Aston Villa v Liverpool - Premiership
Two teams with passing philosophy's play off in a "top 8" match both managers have a great respect for the passing game "You have to respect how Brendon is turning the mess Liverpool were in with his own style"

Aston Villa 1-1 Liverpool
Bent

In a very close battle a draw may have been the right result but it was quite disappointing to have Sebastian Coates thumping home the header with 10 minutes to go to secure a point aside.

Man City v Aston Villa - Premiership
Our final top 8 head to head battle with 3 games to go. Currently tied on 67 points with Arsenal and today's opponents Man City with Spurs and Newcastle right on our tails. "Today's match will be massive! The stimulations to me are if we can pull of an impossible win we have a great shot at the champions league places and if we loose then it will probably be out of our hands"

Man City 3-1 Aston Villa
Rodallega

A Match that we were fighting right to the death until Man City hit there 3rd in stoppage time while we were hunting a equalizer
View attachment 259964

Aston Villa v Sunderland - Premiership
Despite the efforts of Villa refugee Diego Forlan Sunderland were relegated in the last round of games leaving them with nothing but pride to play for while Villa may be counting the 3 points before there in the bag for there last home match of the season

Aston Villa 4-0 Sunderland
Bent 2
Delph
N'Zogbia

All the nerves were calmed just before half time as Bent hit a quick double before keeping the heat on at the start of the second half just to show Sunderland how much work they have to do next seasonGoing into the final round of matches goal difference could be the difference for ourselves and Newcastle while Chelsea and Liverpool are now hoping for any European football with the champions league dream gone.

QPR v Aston Villa - Premiership

4 Teams will do battle for the final two spots in the Champions League with Arsenal getting a second chance to automatically qualify if they fail in the premiership in there Champions League final with Barcelona. "This is our final game and we are 100% focused on getting the win today. The boys will be giving everything to achieve our dream"

QPR 1-3 Aston Villa
Bent 2
Rodallega

QPR did equalize just before half time but after Cisse got sent off and we kept our heads to get the win. Now onto the season review to see how everyone else did! Will Villa be in the Champions League????????

Of course not!

View attachment 259962

Last edited:

Season 2011/12 Review

Premiership - 5th
FA Cup - 6th Round
League Cup - Winner

That was season 1 done and dusted and a very successful one at that, hope you readers are enjoying it so far!

Season Stats
View attachment 260107

Our other highlight of my rookie season was picking up the League Cup. The big teams seemed to play a lot worse than I'd expected even with there reserve teams they were usually putting out. The irony being two semi finals and the final of the competition was probably my worst 3 performances of the season along with the 4-0 defeat at White Hart Lane.

Enough of this negative talk one last rousing speech to end the season "We made massive strides in the league to be up with the top teams fighting for a Champion League spot I expect us to be thereabouts again next term and with European Football on top of that we have plenty to look forward to in season 2"

League

What a season it was that was especially in the top half. My target pre season in the premiership was a top 10 finish but through some brilliant performances left us in a season long battle with 7 other teams to get into the champions league in which we fell just short but still getting a brilliant 5th place. Man Utd ran away with the league winning it for a record 20th time and at the other end the bottom 3 were cast adrift and they deserved to be. Only one I feel bad for is Southampton who came to life in the last 10 games but were so far behind to make it up at the end and it wasnt enough for
Nigel Atkins who was sacked at the end of the season despite the upturn in form.

View attachment 260095View attachment 260096View attachment 260097View attachment 260098

Following our success we have a host of player awards this season

- Charles N'Zogbia from France won the English player of the year award, Yup
- Darren Bent was the leagues top scorer only just beating signing of the season Lewandowski
- Bent and N'Zogbia in team of the year

Aston Villa Player of the year

3rd - Stephen Warnock
View attachment 260099View attachment 260100

At 30 years old a player i've never rated and if i'd picked up any form of right back Warnock would have been long gone but his consistnacy is terrific always quietly going around doing his job and its this form that means he is safe as our left back for next season.

Dont look at me like that! Yes never before have i had a player who scored 46 goals and made 15 and had that player not win the player of the year but sorry Bent thats you. Started the season behind Diego Forlan but was scoring more off the bench than Forlan was from the start so gave him his chance from the start and he never looked back. His stats speak for themselfs!

Clap away Charles! It was going to take something phanominal to beat Darren Bent and that was Charles N'Zogbia. Simply brilliant in teh league but he was the mainstay of our cup runs with 8 starts, 6 goals and 5 assists. His form deservadly got him the national player of the year so lets expect plenty of offers for him.

Match of the season
17th December 2011 - Villa Park
Aston Villa 3-3 Man City

This was one of the best fighting displays one of my teams have ever put on. Fighting back twice against a bigger and stronger team was agreat feeling!
-picture not loading-

Buy of the season
GK - Craig Gordon

View attachment 260105

I picked up the former Scotland No1 on a free transfer to be back up to Shay Given who flopped in the beginning and failed to keep a single clean sheet for me. In February i agreed to sell him to Liverpool for £1.6m. Gordon himself may not be safe if i top drawer keeper becomes available Gordon hay have to leave himself.

The end of season finals

FA Cup Final
Tottenham 4-2 Man City

Champions League Final
Barcelona 2-0 Arsenal

Europa League Final
Schalke 1-0 Newcastle

Going into summer
View attachment 260106

The main thing in my mind as I go to jet off for a summer holiday is how tired my players got when we had 2 games in a week through the whole on January and for a spell in March shows we need to add a bit more depth to the Midfield and Attack but will wait till the pre contact players arrive and have a look at the youth team before we decide who we bring in and send out in the summer of 2012. See you then!!!!!!!

Last edited:
This is one brilliant story boss, keep it up!

2012/13 Season Preview

Back for more!

Main Summer News
Our Stadium Capacity up to 47000
I get a new contract 60k a week till 2016
Europa League 4th qualifier v Litex
Stephen Warnock wants transfer to bigger club but i can't get a suitable replacement so he must stay.
13 new players arrive even more sold or farmed out on loan as we continue to work on getting the prefect squad

Targets
After going well beyond his own and the clubs expectations and only missing out on a Champions League spot on goal difference this season Donald wants to see his team up there fighting for the champions league again although qualifying for Europe again is there target so staying in the top 6 is what we want, Anything extra is a bonus
In Europe after qualifying early through the League Cup success we hope to make it through to the knockout stages of the competitions as this will hopefully be our only shot at this tournament with the Champions League waiting for us i hope!

After ridiculing the youth team last year Donald claimed "To be delighted with the early signs of there progress with several players proving there worth to get a chance to go out on loan and prove themselves or stay here and get some 1st team football"

Premiership - Top 6 finish
FA Cup - Quarter Final
League Cup - Quarter Final
Europa League - Knockout phase
Media thinks we can get 8th so little progress on last season but when you'd consider, Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs all well ahead of me and Newcastle there abouts " I'd say we were the 8th best team on the go, But our teams depth must have us nearer the top 4 where i hope we'll be"

Pre Season Press Conference
In the pre season press conference one of the most provoking question from the reporters was on the squad size which Donald had made it a priority to cut when 13 players joined! "I felt we were a bit short on players when the matches started to stack up during last season so this squad will be the biggest i have! The youth team has also got 3-5 players who will get a chance in the 1st team next season and with the potential for attracting higher quality players if we can put on a good performance in Europe means all 25 players are playing for there future as there wont be much space for them next summer!" One player who should feel good about there future is Darren Bent who was hand picked by Donald to lead the team "A decision i was happy to declare a rousing success last term and i expect further progress next season"

Transfers

IN
The 1st team Saw a large influx of players to extend the quality and depth of the squad rather than replace the players who did so well in the 1st team last year.

Toby Alderweireld from Ajax was offered for £5.75m "i felt that was a a bargain so in he came"
Soon after i was offered another center back Leonardo Bonucci for £4m from Juventus so i was overflowing with centerbacks before Marc Muniesa arrived on a free from Barca "This make defense my strongest part of the team. A lot of players now fighting for the starting positions"

For the midfield only Andrea Bertolacci "who is the ready made replacement" for Stan Petrov will be thrown right into the first team while "Brilliant youth prospects" Mateo Kovacic and Robbie Cotton goes to the youth team and Richard Smallwood goes right out on loan

Attacking players were arriving by the bucket load. Maxi Lopez "is a the summers top signing" and hopefully he'll be perfect back up to Bent. Yaya Sanogo will be a 3rd choice forward "but will get his chances through the season" and Brazilian Coutinho will have 1 season to prove himself but he may have limited chances with all the competition especially from N'Zogbia and Agbonlahor who were amazing last term. Andrew Giddings from Boro, Mitchell Weiser and Lazar Markovic will start from the bottom of the ladder in the youth team

View attachment 260524

Out

Leaving for pastures new were

Back up players from the 1st team Shay Given - Liverpool, Brett Holman - West Ham, Richard Dunne - Wigan, James Collins - £6.5m, Enda Stevens - 875K

Players who were out on loan and told they had no future and offloaded immediately were Andy Weimann, Matt Lowton and Eric Lichaj. Youngster Daniel Johnson would have gone on loan but i took the money from Norwich.

10 other players were "Put out on loan to go and prove themselves worthy of a place in the team" namley Nathan Delfouneso, Ciaran Clark and Marc Albrighton

No offers on any of my players i picked for my first 11
Like last season i have a warchest for January if i need or want it there's up to £35m

Other Summer news

Managers
A Very strange summer with no major managerial changes
Ricardo Moniz, a former great coach in the game is the new Dutch national coach

Euro 2012
Portugal 2-1 Spain
The Favorites were humbled by 1 man. Cristiano Ronaldo scored both goals as Portugul beat the champions in the final. I'd much rather that had been the real outcome!
View attachment 260530 View attachment 260531

Community shield
Tottenham 2-2 Man Utd
Man Utd win on pens 6-5​
One of my players scored! Marc Albrighton brought Spurs Level and scored in the shootout but Man Utd Prevailed

View attachment 260529

Top 10 transfers

Greg Van Der Wiel - Man Utd - £19m - IF ONLY IN REAL LIFE!!!!
John Heitinga - Spurs - £16.5m
Jadson - Benfica - £14.5m
Neven Subotic - Spurs - £14.25m
Erik Pieters - Valencia - £13.75m
Nic Otamendi - Chelsea - £13m
Douglas Costa - Liverpool- £13m
Siem De Jong - A Madrid - £12.25m
Andre Ayew - Liverpool- £11.5m
Karim Haggui - A Madrid - £11.25m

ASTON VILLA X1 2012!

View attachment 260532

Donald yet again announced who his best 11 players are and the tactics on how he plans to play them and there was some shock at how little change there was from last season with few of the 13 new arrivals breaking into the team!

Summer issue - real life -
Was a major delay getting the summer done as i the game messed up removing me as manager ever time i loaded more leagues so after taking a age to notice that i cancelled it and it ran fine after that!

Last edited:
I would play Bonucci if I were you sed person

August

- Villa and Bent make a stunning start to the season
- Qualify for Europa League Group stages easily beating Litex 6-0 on AGG
- Group Draw puts us with Stuttgart, Fenerbahce and Brann
- Aberdeens two scorers is the highlight of my story so far though!
View attachment 260715

Fixtures

Newcastle V Aston Villa - Premiership
Last season there was 1 point and 3 goals between you two in the league so who will finish higher this season? "Villa have bought wiser and become stronger so i have faith that we can finish above Newcastle and few others this season, but there's no way of getting away from it its a very tough opening game"

Newcastle 2-4 Aston Villa
Bent 3
Rodallega​

A bit sad to have let a 4-0 lead slip but shan't complain with a big win on the opening day away to a team i consider major rivals. Darren BEnt returned where he left of last term.

Aston Villa V Litex - Europa League 4th qualifying round
"Its very exciting to finally get my first shot at European football even with the immediate pressure of must win of were out!"

Aston Villa 3-0 Litex
Delph
Bent 2

We were heavy favorites and got a result that means we can give a few youngsters a game in the 2nd leg

Aston Villa V Blackburn - Premiership
Blackburn make there return to the premiership after a 1 year absence "Im shocked they got immediate promotion with the awful leadership the club has from the very top"

Aston Villa 2-0 Blackburn
Bent 2

Litex V Aston Villa - Europa League 4th qualifying round
If we can get 1 away goal then i have faith we will get through with no issues

Litex 0-3 Aston Villa
Sanogo
N'Zogbia 2
AGG - Aston Villa 6-0 Litex​

A second 3-0 win left us to waltz into the Group Phase as expected

September

- The kids are all right and a star is born in the Carling cup
- On a run of 3 leauge games without a win.

Fixtures

Aston Villa V Wigan - Premiership
A home game to the penerial strugglers Wigan. "Despite there failure to ever rise through the league they do have a manager i rate very highly "Roberto Martinez is easily one of the top 5 managers in the league, If he got the chance with a bigger side he would really shine"

Aston Villa 6-0 Wigan
Alderweireld
Bent 3
Sanogo 2​

Wow what a show we put on for the home fans. To pull Wigan to pieces for 90 minutes the side go into the international break full to the brim of confidence.

Chelsea V Aston Villa - Premiership
After the international window two sides with big plans for the 2012/13 season with both managers sharing a common respect to the style of football there teams play

Chelsea 2-2 Aston Villa
Bent
N'Zogbia​

Chelsea totally dominated the 1st half and got a 1 goal lead which Darren Bent decided to cancel out right after the Half time break. Two more goals followed in teh next 10 minutes as Chelsea briefly retook the lead until N'Zogbia equalised again but that was the end of the fun! "We were poor but teh brilliant 10 minutes of action after the break paid the fans back for making the journey"

Brann V Aston Villa - Europa League match 1
The first group game of the season and with it being vital to get 3 points on the board against the weakest team "Im going to play all the outfield players will be back up or youth players. A perfect chance for them to show me what they can do"

Brann 0-1 Aston Villa
Rodallega​

Well it was a risk and it payed off but only just. Brann gave as good as they got after we had a second goal dissaloud but couldnt beat Craig Gordon who's been in briliant form so far.

Aston Villa V Man City - Premiership
Both sides have made electrifying starts to the season with 3 wins from 4. Man City hold the advantage with +11 goal difference over Villa's +10

Aston Villa 1-4 Man City
Bent​

Man City Rushed into a 3 goal lead within 30 minutes and the match didnt get any better as a 4th would follow. "It would have been usefull if we'd started playing before the 90th minute"

Swansea V Aston Villa - League Cup 3rd round
Former Villa player Emile Heskey is starting as a Right Back. "this will be all down to the youth and back up players to get as far as they can in this compition"

Swansea 1-2 Aston Villa
Giddings 2​

The future aint bright! The future is here! Youngster Andrew Giddings gets his 1st start scored both goals. "The
kids show why there on the verge of the 1st team already" Meanwhile Everton knock out Arsenal and Blackpool knock out Man Utd

Everton V Aston Villa - Premiership
The 1st team are back to take on Everton in a match where we really need to pick up 3 points after a draw against Chelsea and the crushing defeat to Man City "I really want a result today to try end a very tricky month on good terms"

Everton 0-0 Aston Villa​

I wish i could say it was a boaring 0-0 draw but jeez did they both put us managers through it!"

After a brilliant start to the month we only get 2 points from our next 3 games and feel greatful for that. Hoped we would be more competative than we were against the top 6 teams so the Man City game was devistating in that respect. Still early days but i think a title challenge as i expected is still beyond us.

Player of the Month

Craig Gordon
View attachment 260773

After he out muscled Shay Given and got the Golden gloves to himself and so far is making a good case for being there abouts when the going gets tough next season.

Giddings does look decent. Bought in or nurtured?

October

- Top of our Europa League group at the half way stage
- Marc Muniesea returns from 2 months out to get injured for a month the next day!
- Bent ends the month without a league goal!

Fixtures

Aston Villa V Stuttgart - Europa League match 2
After a comfortable opening tie in Norway the competition really comes to life. "You know business is picking up when your facing the Germans"

Aston Villa 2-1 Stuttgart
O'G
Bent

We had the best of the action but like all good German teams Stuttgart were never out of it and we didn't look comfortable until Bent scored the winner in the last 10 minutes.

Aston Villa V Tottenham - Premiership
No let up in the tricky games as Spurs come to town "Our tricky run of fixtures ends today and I really hope we can finally win one of them"

Aston Villa 1-1 Tottenham
N'Zogbia​

Tottenham held a well deserved lead after a poor first half after a poor start to the 2nd half I made a triple substitution and we came back into it but could only pull it level

QPR V Aston Villa - Premiership
After reaching the top half of the table last season QPR are again going well beyond there expectations and are currently 6th. "After a international break I only hope we can come back with some better league form"

QPR 0-0 Aston Villa​

QPR set out for the 0-0 and that's what they got. They were almost impossible to break down.

Fenerbachce V Aston Villa - Europa League match 3
The first half of our double header with the Turkish side. "I believe if we remain undefeated over the two Fenerbachce games well be well on the way to qualifying"

Fenerbachce 1-1 Aston Villa
N'Zogbia

Current table
View attachment 260879

We managed to fight back for a draw and had several chances to win it in the last 10 minutes but couldn't get the job done. "Coutinho put in by far his best effort since he got here and is looking like he could put Gabbys position under threat"

Swansea V Aston Villa - Premiership
Another away game! THis is the third consecutive game in a different country after QPR in England, Fenerbachce in Turkey and now Swansea in Wales. "its been a lot of travailing and I hope were in reasonable condition to come through this match"

Swansea 1-0 Aston Villa​

Michael Laudrup wanted the best team to win and he got his wish as we end another very poor month in the premiership

Aston Villa V Fulham - League Cup
The youngsters are set for there second full run out for the youth team with a lot to live up to after the 3rd round victory.

Aston Villa 0-2 Fulham​

Fulham took an early lead and held that till halftime as they went down to 10 men right on the whistle however we couldn't get ourselves back into it and the defending champions are out!

Despite the most month so far at the helm we are only 3 points of my major target of the Champions League despite this awful patch of form were in. Man Utd looking like they might run away from the rest again!

Player of the Month
Charles N'Zogbia
View attachment 260880

This was easily his awards. He was the only man to score after the Stuttgart game and in that match he assisted for the only other goal a player of mine scored this month.

Last edited:

November

- Shearer has come home all over again as Stoke sack Shearer on the same day Newcastle sack Pardew Convenient? Of coarse it was! "Many happy trophyless years ahead Alan"
- Before Shearer took the helm I was the favorite for the job but deny interest "I will not leave Villa till I feel the job is done and I certainly wouldn't leave to with less prestige and history such as Newcastle"
- Darren Bent scores all 5 against Fulham,Might be back on form?

Fixtures

Aston Villa V Bolton - Premiership
After a season in the championship Bolton are back and have made a solid start back in the top flight "Owen Coyle is a inspirational boss who will certainly keep Bolton in the top flight"

Aston Villa 5-0 Bolton
Bertolacci
Bent
Sanogo 3​

"Sanogo deserves all the plaudits he's getting. Keep this up and Maxi Lopez wont be here come January" Were still waiting for Maxi to score! But less of the negitori! This is a great boost after the month we've had goals galore and a big win YUS!!!!!!

Aston Villa V Fenerbachce - Europa Match 4
Victory is at the forefront of Villa Fans minds after the weekends return to form against Bolton and knowing that a victory would see them through to the knockout stages

Aston Villa 2-0 Fenerbachce
Lopez
Roddallega

View attachment 260966

We got the job done and that's all we had to do but even better Brann drew at home to Stuttgart meaning we only need to avoid defeat to Stuttgart in our final match to win the group. Just to round off a good night in the second city Maxi Lopez FINALLY got a goal

West Brom V Aston Villa - Premiership
Excitement fills the are a local derby comes round again, Excitement also so Darran Donald And Steve Clark have the mandatory verbal before kick off "The man is a fool for pushing his side as favorites! Not as stupid as the bookies I hope our fans were all over the 3/1 they have on us!"

West Brom 0-4 Aston Villa
Bent 3
Warnock​

The fans will be heading home delighted after another episode of The Darren Bent show. Totally dominant throughout deserved the great result "What does Clark have to do to get the sack?"

Aston Villa V Fulham - Premiership
A rare mid week premiership game with all the Cup and European action we've had recently, Hopefully Fulham's visit will see us score another 3 points! A Shock call up for youth player Zack Browett to fill in for the injured Toby Alderweireld

Aston Villa 5-1 Fulham
Bent 5​

If Last week was the Darren Bent show then this was a special two part special. The man is on fire and single handedly scoring us out of our bad patch. Man Utd up next and they can't be looking forward to facing Bent on this form.

Man Utd V Aston Villa - Premiership
Darren Bent JUST made it into the starting 11 after coming back from England duty knackered, Petrov did to but that's no longer news! "Were confident that if the boys can keep up the momentum we can get something today but there is no hiding from the toughest game of the season"

Man Utd 2-0 Aston Villa​

Our passing play had us in control of possession but could counter sheer class and Man Utd went on there merry way

Aston Villa V Stoke - Premiership
Ok a defeat at Old Trafford can be forgotten about it we can get 3 points today at home to Stoke!

Aston Villa 2-2 Stoke
N'Zogbia
Bent​

Falling 2 goals behind in the first 10 minutes was ot part of my plan! N'Zogbia led a fightback but a draw was all we were worth today!

A better month has us up in 5th in a battle with Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool and the less likely QPR and Swansea. Last seasons rivals Newcastle are down in 16th! Can Shearer take them down again?

Player of the Month
Darren Bent
View attachment 260967

After a terrible October Bent was banging the goals in during November including 8 in 2 games and 9 overall was enough for him to win the leauge player of the month.

Andrea Bertolacci won the young player of the month
View attachment 260969

December

- Aston Villa Win there Europa League Group and will face Rangers in the last 32 with Salzberg of Sevilla waiting in the next round
- Petrov reaches 200 league appearances for Villa

Fixtures

Aston Villa V Liverpool - Premiership
Start of the month against Brendon Rodgers and his Liverpool side "we have a great respect for each other and both know how to play the game"

Aston Villa 1-1 Liverpool
Lopez​

A big thank you to Maxi Lopez who saved us a point deep into stoppage time against the 10 men of Liverpool, Had another disallowed

Aston Villa V Brann - Europa Match 5
Tonights a night for the back up and youth players with there being no point in it taking place unless Fenerbache beat Stuttgart

Aston Villa 3-0 Brann
Sanogo 2
Rodallega

Current table
View attachment 261172

Unlike our opening match there was far less tension here as we raced into a 3 goal lead and kept it to leave us in a very strong place going into the final game.

Aston Villa V Norwich - Premiership
A third home game in a row and another win would do nicely and im expecting no less against Norwich "We really need to stop ******** around in the league and start getting some more points on the board"

Aston Villa 2-1 Norwich
Bent
Agbonlahor​

1st shock was Michael Owen went off injured! 2nd was how close Norwich came to getting something here!

Arsenal V Aston Villa - Premiership
Arsenal are having a much better season this time and are in a impressive 3rd position "But with Moyes in charge that wont last"

Arsenal 2-1 Aston Villa
Bent​

Darren Bent gave us a early lead but the good times did not last! First Metersacker equalized then Bertolacci got sent off and with our team pulled apart Giroud scored the winner and finished the match.

Stuttgart V Aston Villa - Europa Match 6
Well we've saved the hardest match till last with a trip to top seeds Stuttgart with a draw being enough were going out for the win! "The boys can't just sit back and hope to draw. To progress we must try out best and win!"

Stuttgart 0-2 Aston Villa
Lopez 2

Final Table
View attachment 261171

Europa League forward Maxi Lopez comes good in the end to finish of the group with a comfortable win "Well done boys you've done the club proud! Anything on top of this is a bonus"

Wolves V Aston Villa - Premiership
Following there return to the Premiership Wolves have added another local derby to our calendar, Hopefully today's game will be less nervous than the league cup final last season! This is also Petrov's 200th league game for Villa

Wolves 3-5 Aston Villa
Delph
Bent 2
Alderweireld
O'G​

A ding dong back and forth match where we eventually found ourselves 4-3 ahead and Wolves Chris Berra got so keen on scoring he hit a O'G to end this tie

Aston Villa V West Ham - Premiership
The Christmas turkey was put back in the fridge as we have to get the results on the park to earn there feed!

Aston Villa 5-0 West Ham
Bent 2
Agbonlahor 2
Alderweireld​

West Ham should have put the Turkey on hold as they were not at the ball park today and we tore the apart to get a big win.

Aston Villa V Newcastle - Premiership
After destroying Newcastle on the opening day we might be facing them at the wrong time as there on a upturn of from since Shearer took over

Aston Villa 5-0 Newcastle
Agbonlahor 2
Bent
N'Zogbia
Sanogo

League
View attachment 261174
Were in 6th place level with Chelsea but unbelievably behind QPR and Swansea. Man Utd, Arsenal and Man City all in a close fight for the title and Wigan are looking lost at the other end!

Player of the Month
Yaya Sanogo
View attachment 261173

The 3rd choice forward is proving to be a great addition to the squad and highlights how overfilled the squad is with 3 youth team players demanding 1st team action we have to make some changes in January!

January

- Aston Villa win 3rd player of the month award in a row this time Charles N'Zogbia
- Our biggest and most shocking transfer is the £7.5m buy of our biggest rivals Birmingham's No1 Jack Butland
- Beat Chelsea on the Sunday then Man City on the Wednesday
- Beat Brighton in FA Cup but needed a replay, Chelsea next

Fixtures

Blackburn V Aston Villa - Premiership
Start Keane is determined to get on over on Villa and get themselves out of the bottom 3, doubt it chum!

Blackburn 0-5 Aston Villa
Delph
Bent 4​

"Stewarty boy obviously forgot he had to put out a team to stop Darren Bent, Who was brilliant again" match was close till the last half hour when we steam rolled them to get our second consecutive 5-0 win

Brighton V Aston Villa - FA Cup 3rd Round
Villa make there first trip to the Amex arena to try and deposit a victory and passage to the 4th round "I will no write any more jokes" Donald chuckled! The youngsters will get another chance in the FA Cup and I hope they do well

Brighton 1-1 Aston Villa
Weiser​

The youngsters were doing well till Brighton went ahead we fought back to get a draw and earn a not very desired replay Will Buckley put in a brilliant performance and that earned him a £2.1m move to Wigan

Wigan V Aston Villa - Premiership
With Bottom of the table Wigan our next opponents I decided to drop Bent to the bench and give Yaya Sanogo a rare start. All the African players are off to another African Nations cup were we loose Jean Makoun, John Mensah and K El Ahmadi

Wigan 0-0 Aston Villa​

Certainly 2 points dropped today. We offered Sanogo and then Bent the chances to get the goals that I expected to get against a team playing so poorly

Aston Villa V Brighton - FA Cup 3rd Round - replay
Two poor poor performances in a row and we are now in a "Must win scenario" to get to the 4th round of the cup

Aston Villa 3-1 Brighton
Coutinho
Bonucci
Lopez​

We were well in control except for a 10 minute spell where a Shawcross O'G put some pressure on till Maxi Lopez put it beyond the seaside boys

Aston Villa V Chelsea - Premiership
Two of the main sides fighting for a place in the top 4 and the golden goose of Champions League football clash at Villa park. Although the managers share a great respect to one another that will not stop either of them doing anything to win this key game.

Aston Villa 1-0 Chelsea
Lopez​

Lopez scored with his first touch from the penalty and from there on we went all out defense and held off Chelsea to take there 4th place. "The boys as a defensive unit were awesome well done!"

Man City V Aston Villa - Premiership
After a brilliant result at home to Chelsea we face a even harder test of Man City at the Etihad "United" stadium looking to get revenge from them pumping us earlier in the season

Man City 0-3 Aston Villa
Delph
N'Zogbia
Bent​

A Brilliant first half saw us fight our way into a 2-0 lead with City Chasing Lescott was sent off and with half a hour left we kept City out and even caught them on the counter and Darren Bent scored a 3rd to put a exclamation mark on a brilliant game

Tottenham V Aston Villa - Premiership
A Third top 6 team in a row and the boys are getting tired "The back to back matches against Chelsea and Man City took a lot out of them and a 3rd top level game in 7 days is a MASSIVE challenge"

Tottenham 2-0 Aston Villa​

Disappointed but not angry for once. The spurs match was 1 game to far after two brilliant efforts by the boys. "They tried there hardest but there was a lot of tired legs out there"

January ends with Aston Villa leading the battle for 4th place. With 6 other teams THe top 3 have pretty much bolted and are well beyond us.

Player of the Month
Charles N'Zogbia

View attachment 261337View attachment 261336

Won the leagues player of the month and his assist count is beyond belief! Never played his before this save and he was been irreplaceable!

Transfer window

Villa Transfer

IN
Jack Butland - Birmingam £7.5m
Steven N'Zonzi - Malaga - loan​

Jack Butland "May take the England no1 Shirt from Joe Hart one day" He will defiantly be getting his chance before the season is out.
Steven N'Zonzi has a proven track record in the premiership and has joined on loan till the end of the season "If he can prove himself by the end of the season then he will be staying"

OUT
Hugo Rodallega
Full of attacking players and decided to push through some youngsters at the expense of Hugo Rodallega who I was delighted to sell for £8m to Getafe

Garry Gardener
Gardeners latest attempt to break into the first team came to a end after 6 starts and only 1 in the league. The final nail in the coffin was promotion Kovacic to the first team to take his space.

Youngster Lenny Nangis - Cardiff and wantaway back up defender John Mensah - Osasuna left on loan

Other Transfers

Dejan Lovren - Man City - £23m
Danny - Arsenal - £22.5m
Luuk De Jong - Dortmund - £17.75
Stephane Ruffier - Athletic - £12.5m
David Astori - Malaga - £12.25m
Steve Mandanda - AC Milan - £11.25
Guiliano - Malaga - £10.25
Michal Kadlec - Juventus - £9.5m
Aymen Abdennour - £9.5m
Marko Basa - Lyon - £9.25m
Cristian Zapata - Porto - £7.75m​

February

- Rangers Knocked out Of Champions League as Villa comfortable move to Sevilla in the last 16
- Jean Makoun falls out with me while at the African nations cups, Hands in transfer request and will leave to Valencia at the end of the season.
- Replacement immediately purchased Internacional's Mario Bolatti

- Two horrific back to back displays by my forwards as we loose 1-0 to QPR and Stoke in the league
- Chelsea put out back up players out of FA Cup

Fixtures

Chelsea V Aston Villa - FA Cup 4th Round
Last season Aston Villa dropped Chelsea out of both cup competitions but this year it may be very different! "We will be playing our as much of our back up players as we can as of the 3 compositions were in at the moment this is the one I have least interest in winning"

Chelsea 2-0 Aston Villa​

Our back up players were never at the dance today and Chelsea got a easy and deserved win.

Aston Villa V Everton - Premiership
Two sides who struggled through the Autumn months and in Paul Lamberts case had his job on the line but with both sides finding good form as they are now achieving a position more expected of them. Keeper Jack Butland will make his Villa debut today

Aston Villa 4-2 Everton
Kovacic
Bent 2
Delph​

An amazing 1st half saw the score 3-2 in Villa's favor and the next goal being pivotal and super sub Fabian Delph got Villa's 4th to secure the win

Aston Villa V QPR - Premiership
Two of the less fancied teams fighting for champions league football face off today "QPR have as much of a chance as we do to get into the champions league Mark Hughes is as usual doing a brilliant job"

Aston Villa 0-1 QPR​

"They are a total disgrace! The fans turned up to see us move clear into 4th place and we had set up shop very well but were toothless up front! Just when we needed our forwards to perform the were all awful and will be doing double training all week as well as looking there weeks wages"

Stoke V Aston Villa - Premiership
The Villa boss may not have calmed down after last weeks performance and has already predicted Bent would score at least 2 to make amends

Stoke 1-0 Aston Villa​

Another useless display from the forwards who have done me so proud so far this season. Europa League double header up next! What to do stick or twist?

Rangers V Aston Villa - Europa League last 32
A Game bigger than two clubs, bigger than two city's this is the Battle of Britain!

Rangers 1-2 Aston Villa
Bertolucci
Bent​

Well it wasn't easy and it wasn't pretty but after going down to 10 men after half a hour "Im happy to get out of Glasgow and im even happier to get out with a win"

Aston Villa V Rangers - Europa League last 32 2nd leg
Going into the second leg at Villa park the huge advantage of 2 away goals is a good head start but recent form means Villa fans wont count out complacency costing them again

Aston Villa 2-0 Rangers
Lopez
Coutinho
AGG Aston Villa 4-1 Rangers

No problems finishing of the job and the 2nd goal right after the break made it safe.

Great its last season all over again! Had we got the results we should have against QPR and Stoke we would have been fighting arsenal and well clear of this mess as 4th-9th is split by 3 points as we head into the last 10 games. Man Utd continue to stretch clear at the top and at the bottom Wigan have been gone for a long time, Bolon are also getting into real trouble.

Player of the Month
Kyle Walker
View attachment 261381

No Stand out player up front this month but Kyle Walkers stats were through the roof so he wins it this month as the usual suspects falter.

March
- Villa Thrash Sevilla in Europa League and draw group rivals Stuttgart in the Quarter finals- While Darren Bent broke his long run without scoring he broke a more important record as the most goals ever in a premiership season beating Andy Cole's 34 goals in 1993
- Liverpool win the League Cup 2-0 against Chelsea
- Andre Bertolacci out for rest of the season with a torn groin muscle
- West Ham Sack Allardyce on the last day of the month- Banned from touchline for 1 match after saying the refs were **** after disallowing winning goal against Fulham

Fixtures

Aston Villa V Swansea - Premiership
After two Europa League games its back to the premiership "Hopefully that break from the premiership will help us get back on form after a few terrible games"

Aston Villa 3-1 Swansea
N'Zogbia
Delph
Coutinho

Had control of this game throughout and the 3 points were never in doubt "That's more like it boys more of the same next time please"

Bolton V Aston Villa - Premiership
Following a solid start to the season Bolton have plummeted down to the relegation sport and face a uphill task to stay up. Facing free scoring Villa is not what they need right now.

Bolton 0-2 Aston Villa
O'G
Bertolacci

The win as expected but we didn't make it with pretty passing play like we usually do "Bolton might be down in 19th but they fought for there life's today and showed me enough to stay up"

Aston Villa V Sevilla - Europa League last 16
Our next European Obstacle is Spanish side Sevilla who's main additions would be beating me to Loan Ibrahim Afelly and loaning youngsters Oriol Romeu from Chelsea and Fabio from Man Utd

Aston Villa 4-1 Sevilla
Maxi Lopez 3
O'G​

At the beginning of the season I promised Maxi Lopez would be "1st choice in Europe to make sure he got plenty of action" Today he paved me back and then some as we took a huge step towards the Quarter finals"

Sevilla V Aston Villa - Europa League last 16
The job is more than half done following our stunning 4-1 win in the first leg but its not over yet so a strong team will be put out

Sevilla 0-4 Aston Villa
Warnock
Lopez
Delph
Sanogo

AGG Aston Villa 8-1 Sevilla

We Set up to counter attack with Sevilla having to chase the game and we had no problem catching them out 3 times in the 1st half to earn easy progress to the Quarter Finals

Petrov Speaks!
View attachment 261489

Club captain Stan Petrov had to say afterward that despite not getting on the park this was his greatest night at the club and he only hopes this encourages the team to fight on and get the top 4th place that today's performance shows they can get if they keep working hard and performing to this standard!

Aston Villa V West Brom - Premiership
Steve Clark is still at west Brom and still not liking me but its nothing personal "West Brom are not showing much sign of progress at all and while are 3 points above the drop zone I think there going down this time"

Aston Villa 2-0 West Brom
Markacic
Bent

Both of the Attackers who scored today had been on a drought of sorts recently so was delighted to see them score to get another 3 points.

Fulham V Aston Villa - Premiership
The last game of the month "Boy oh boy I've just seen the upcoming fixtures and this is a must win of must win games"

Fulham 2-2 Aston Villa
Alderweireld
Bent​

Moussa Dembele was about all Fulham had to counter a very impressive Villa performance. Very unlucky not to take 3 points but hopefully we can keep playing like that
As spurs get dropped From the battle for 4th the other 4 teams stay within 2 points. Man Utd still clear at the top, Wigan are relegated with a minor 9 points, Bolton still look in real trouble while the final relegation spot is totally open.
Player of the Month
Stephen Warnock
View attachment 261487

Wantaway left back Warnock may be winning his last player of the month aged 31 his time is coming to a end but he is clearly still in his prime as this months performances showed

April

- Man Utd win the league, Plenty more about them this month!
- Beat Stuttgart quite comfortably 3-0 on aggregate to set up a Semi final against Lyon. Other Semi Final see's Chelsea V Paris SG
- First leg against Stuttgart is my 100th game as a manager
- Billy Davies New West Ham manager
- April Begins with Ryan Shawcross getting ruled out for the last 2 months of the season
- For all Man Utd fans hurt by the 6-1 derby defeat look away now!
View attachment 261577

Fixtures

Aston Villa V Man Utd - Premiership
"Ferguson and his team are unbeatable" Not quite the encouragement my boys would want but im being realistic. Will be hiding in the directors box as i serve my 1 match touchline ban

Aston Villa 1-2 Man Utd
Bent​

The boys put up a good fight but two early goals from Rooney set United on there merry way and we did well to keep fighting back.

Stuttgart V Aston Villa - Europa League quarter final
Stuttgart manager Bruno Labbadia feels his team should be beating Aston Villa but he seems to forget "Our back up players beat them in there stadium this season already"

Stuttgart 0-1 Aston Villa
El Ahmadi​

Today was a tougher match than the group game needing a rare strike for El Ahmadi to give us the advantage for the second leg

Liverpool V Aston Villa - Premiership
Brendan Rodgers welcomes us personally to Anfield wishing us the best of luck "Your the one who needs the luck Mr Rodgers!"

Liverpool 1-4 Aston Villa
Agbonlahor
Bent 3​

"What a special day for the fans". We've slowly been building up to this over the last month Bent scored a hatrick after a long spell without the usual bag full of goals.

Aston Villa V Stuttgart - Europa League quarter final
Holding a 1 goal lead from the away leg we'll be looking to defend strong and hit on the counter attack to try and get the goals to put us into the semi finals

Aston Villa 2-0 Stuttgart
Lopez 2

AGG Aston Villa 3-0 Stuttgart

A very commutable win in the second leg to easily get to the semi finals. "The Germans offered no real challenge despite the importance of the game"

Aston Villa V Arsenal - Premiership
The touch matches don't hold up. Arsenal and David Moyes's team is fighting Man City for 2nd and will see this as one of there tougher tests

Aston Villa 1-1 Arsenal
Bent​

The strikers Van Persie and Darren Bent took there goals well today in what was a very even match but 1 point that neither side really wanted with champions leagues positions on the line.

Norwich V Aston Villa - Premiership
No offence to Norwich but this is by a mile our easiest game of the month and we'll be hoping to take full advantage after an impressive month of results against high quality teas.

Norwich 1-2 Aston Villa
Markovic
N'Zogbia​

I knew this would happen, Kinda! After a run against harder team i had a feeling we'd screw up the easy game but no we had to fight to get the winner with 15 minutes to go but we got it and held on to the win.

Man Utd secure the title with 2 games to spare leaving Man city or Arsenal to battle for 2nd. At the foot Bolton and a imploding Blackburn join Wigan in the Championship next season.
Now with that minor issues out of the way onto what everyone wants to know about! The battle for the top 4! With the week having fallen it now looks to be down to 3 teams for 4th place. Liverpool 1 point ahead of Villa and Chelsea 3 points behind Villa. Donalds side has a massive goal difference advantage should any of them tie on points.

Player of the Month
Maxi Lopez
View attachment 261578

After a few months of the attackers being off form since the transfer window closed they all picked up there game in April. None More than Maxi Lopez the European forward who again lead us through to the next round.

May

- Beat Lyon in both legs to get to the final in Amsterdam to face Chelsea
- Take pole position in the battle for 4th
- Liverpool Win the FA Cup - Liverpool 2-0 Man Utd

Fixtures

Aston Villa V Lyon - Europa League Semi Final
The 1st leg of the Europa League semi finals will see a sell out at Villa park "We will do our all to give our loyal fans some confidence that they will have a trip to Amsterdam for the final"

Aston Villa 1-0 Lyon
Bent​

Darren Bent Came off the bench to score the winner in the 89th minute! "Stunning for all the fans what a ending!" The first 71 minutes flew past and it was a very boring game then Cissokho got sent off and we went gung ho with Bents last minute winner
Other Semi Final- Chelsea 1-1 PSG

Aston Villa V Wolves - Premiership
"Not the best time for a derby but we have to turn our total attention to this match. So much is riding on our last two games" Wolves today is must win and see what others do to try and put ourselves in a good position for the last game of the season.

Aston Villa 2-0 Wolves
Bent 2​

A Win which in the end was quite comfortable with two early strikes from Darren Bent, Shock horror

League
View attachment 261764

Results went our way as we got that importaint Victory against Wolves Livepool lost the Mersyside derby 2-0 so all we need to do is draw away to West Brom in our last game to secure Champions League football thanks to our much superior goal difference.

Randy Lerner Encourages his side with "Great reward"
View attachment 261760

Randy Lerner has announced that the whole team will receive a extra weeks holiday and a £1m bonus shared between all players and coaching staff if they can reach the Europa League Final and a further £1m for winning the Trophy and the generosity just continued with another £1m if they can finish in the top 4 and secure champions league football next season. Lerner hopes that this extra encouragement can push the team onto total success!

Lyon V Aston Villa - Europa League Semi Final 2nd leg
A short trip across the channel to play our second leg of the Europa League semi final. Avoid defeat and were into the final "We'll be going out full strength and looking to win the game as away goals could make the difference"

Lyon 1-3 Aston Villa
Agbonlahor
Bent 2
Agg - Aston Villa 4-1 Lyon

We did it! Comfortably making it into the Europa League final! Had a 2-0 lead going into half time and a 3-0 aggregate so we just had to ride out the second half and then celebrate!

Other Semi Final PSG 2-2 Chelsea, Chelsea win on away goals

Last edited: