Yup, good observation. I've been fooling around with some possession tactics with three CM and either two AMC or AMR+AML. Despite having everything set up for build-up play through the middle (central CM set up as playmaker, focus passing, touchline shouts etc), my outer CMs always ended up playing one-twos with their respective fullbacks. Even when their playmaker pulled back to receive the ball, these two were sort of 'locked' together, ignoring their teammates everywhere around. Got no clue if this is working as intended or not, but it is rather irritating and annoying. Gets them players some neat pass counts, though.

High passing amounts, but when you look at Barca their passes have a meaning most of the time, and a big part of their passes are like 20 metres away from the goal. In FM, they wont make too many passes in that area, altough they could, but rather shoot a long shot. I really hope better defending by wingers in the next football manager.

I am still working on my Manelona™ tactic :) well, have not played since like Monday...

but, it is a 4-2-3-1 type tactic with an Amc (like my other one below)

190042d1312461540-raikan007s-perfect-4-2-3-1-amc-tactic-futebol-clube-do-porto-sad-porto_-match-preparation-.png

The Amr and Aml are actually more adv playmakers than wingers or inside forwards, especially as Messi/Rooney play a central role (amc type)

with the 2 cm's set on support duty, the top 4 players will permenantly run from deep after the lay off the pass and if they do not receive it, they drop back into the space again to look for the pass! I am working on the Barca defence having the closing down of the ball carrier by at least 2-3 players, quickly and aggressively and playing like United on the attack :)

it is not completely revolved around possession as I am not after a Barca tactic or 70% plus possession, anything above 50% is good, closer to 60% is where I am aiming, however.

It is quite a difficult task as their styles are so different and unique but I am starting to see glimpses of what I am hoping for and expecting :) its short and quick passing with a normal/high d line and mixed passing!

Moving into channels is imperitive for the Amc, Amr, Aml and the St as well, I have one of the Cm's moving into channels as well, this being the more free roaming cm'c like Iniesta/Anderson/Cleverley while the Cml like Xavi/Carrick lies a little deeper to cover :)

Shouts like pass to feet, hassle opponents, get ball forward are useful to!

I will hopefully have it ready by tomorrow or Friday, just depends on my missus :p hahahaa

raikan please make your own thread..your tactics are average.xenon-have you some succes with your experiment?i need download for this tactic :)

I have noticed you are showing results from home games. Give us a screen of total domination away from home and I will be impressed.

very interesting mate! I'v been abit of a silent prowler on these forums for a long time so i think it is time for my first post as i'm doing a pretty similar thing. I too was inspired by they way barca have been playing this season at definatly seems that the dont play any perticular formation, insted they have players with individual roles and pep just chooses 11 to play each match. thus making it very hard to copy in fm lol.

iv also been trying to fit the cesc role in to my tactic too, with him having simlar mentality and CF as messi but set as an advanced playmaker playing in the AMC position with with messi in AMRC. have you thought about stealing cesc from arsenal with a trainer??

look forward to watching this develop!

very interesting mate! I'v been abit of a silent prowler on these forums for a long time so i think it is time for my first post as i'm doing a pretty similar thing. I too was inspired by they way barca have been playing this season at definatly seems that the dont play any perticular formation, insted they have players with individual roles and pep just chooses 11 to play each match. thus making it very hard to copy in fm lol.

iv also been trying to fit the cesc role in to my tactic too, with him having simlar mentality and CF as messi but set as an advanced playmaker playing in the AMC position with with messi in AMRC. have you thought about stealing cesc from arsenal with a trainer??

look forward to watching this develop!

I'll probably wait until fm2012 comes out to release this in that. It seems detrimental if I put in another AMC to the tactic unfortunately. I'm searching for a workaround though. In AMRC it could possibly work because Messi works as an inside forward. I'll see if I can implement it and if it will continue to be effective.

because Messi works as an inside forward.

Well Im in the believe he is moar a Trequartista :)
And in FM, hes a beast as Trequartista..

For my 2-2-3-2-1 Tactic, Messi has made 20 Goals & 15 assists in 16 Games :)

And heres a screenshot if someone doesnt believe :p

View attachment 196264

Hello mate ive been testing it and got a few more goals out of the ARM but i seen to be leting in far to many. Its like 1 a game. Will carry on testing and having a look at the defence. I will keep you up to date.....

---------- Post added at 05:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 AM ----------

I dont think it matters if Messi plays as a Trequartista or inside forward he has goals and assists in both roles, I'm trying XeNoNF50 tactic for him, I'm played 18 games have 20 goals and 14 assists so not that far of yours. I think its more to do with the settings then the roles..............

Well Im in the believe he is moar a Trequartista :)
And in FM, hes a beast as Trequartista..

For my 2-2-3-2-1 Tactic, Messi has made 20 Goals & 15 assists in 16 Games :)

And heres a screenshot if someone doesnt believe :p

View attachment 196264

Hello mate ive been testing it and got a few more goals out of the ARM but i seen to be leting in far to many. Its like 1 a game. Will carry on testing and having a look at the defence. I will keep you up to date.....

---------- Post added at 05:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 AM ----------

I dont think it matters if Messi plays as a Trequartista or inside forward he has goals and assists in both roles, I'm trying XeNoNF50 tactic for him, I'm played 18 games have 20 goals and 14 assists so not that far of yours. I think its more to do with the settings then the roles..............

Yap true about the settings.. + didnt know U were testing my tactic :p
But Ive tweaked the tactic so it aint the same as the one published here.

Currently struggling to get the ball to my midfielders lol. They dont get the pass amounts which I would like :)

No i'm trying this tactic for XeNoNF50 trying to get the ARM to score more
Yap true about the settings.. + didnt know U were testing my tactic :p
But Ive tweaked the tactic so it aint the same as the one published here.

Currently struggling to get the ball to my midfielders lol. They dont get the pass amounts which I would like :)