F.A Community Shield- Manchester Utd vs Manchester City

If United lose...im gonna make you remember it.

If City lose....it was just a pointless friendly. OK?

Btw, how can you compare Amauri to Silva? Silva really is one of the best if not the best midfielder in the premier league. I fully agree with Jamie on that. I dont understand how you can't rate Silva. United fans on Redcafe would kill to have a player like him. And im being serious.

No pal, you are not serious, you are joke ;) Sorry.

2-1 Utd me thinks.

Yaya Toure or Silva to score first for City, Rooney and and an OG in the second half to win it for Utd.

2-1 Utd me thinks.

Yaya Toure or Silva to score first for City, Rooney and and an OG in the second half to win it for Utd.

I think it will be close. Lots of hype around Aguero. granted he is a top class forward. But people talk about him as if he is some God-like entity. This isnt Football manager

I think it will be close. Lots of hype around Aguero. granted he is a top class forward. But people talk about him as if he is some God-like entity. This isnt Football manager

And Mancini said he will be ready to be on the BENCH for sunday which means he wont be starting.

And Mancini said he will be ready to be on the BENCH for sunday which means he wont be starting.

Dzeko to start? Tevez has been given extended leave

Dzeko to start? Tevez has been given extended leave

I think so.. When Mancini was talking about Aguero he said this.

I think Dzeko will start with Silva, Balotelli, Johnson/Milner, Yaya, DeJong..

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Here is the quote.

"This week for Sergio will be recovery. He did the Copa America and finished only two weeks ago. He will be ready to come on the bench next week."

hope its a belter of a game so i am going for Man Utd 4 Man City 5 !

He is not a top class player. He is a world class player!

Well, anyways. He had a stomach bug yesterday. And he isn't match fit. So you wont see the best Aguero on sunday. He will probably play around 10-20mins.

Well, anyways. He had a stomach bug yesterday. And he isn't match fit. So you wont see the best Aguero on sunday. He will probably play around 10-20mins.

Making excuses for him already are we..?

Don't get me wrong, Sergio is a class player and one who is sure to take the Premier League by storm BUT he isn't the best thing since slice bread like some media muppets are making him out to be, there are a handful of better players already in the Premier League in my opinion anyway.

the point is that he is not some god like entity on football manager, and some people need to get a grip on the hype

The definition of who makes world class is subjective, thats neither here or there

Making excuses for him already are we..?

Don't get me wrong, Sergio is a class player and one who is sure to take the Premier League by storm BUT he isn't the best thing since slice bread like some media muppets are making him out to be, there are a handful of better players already in the Premier League in my opinion anyway.

Oh cmon...thats hardly an excuse.

Btw, what media muppetry are you talking about? He hardly got that much coverage in the media IMO. Handful of better players? Who?

If United had bought him the media and united fans would be wanking over him and calling him the next Messi. But he plays for City now so that makes him ****, right?

He is one of the best players in the league now...when it comes to reputation. And im sure he will prove to be just that in the premier league aswell.

Last edited:

Btw, what media muppetry are you talking about? He hardly got that much coverage in the media IMO. Handful of better players? Who?

If United had bought him the media and united fans would be wanking over him and calling him the next Messi. But he plays for City now so that makes him ****, right?

He is one of the best players in the league now...when it comes to reputation. And im sure he will prove to be just that in the premier league aswell.

thats obviously not what he said, so dont write nonsense and overreact, sigh

Tbh, what media muppetry are you talking about? He hardly got that much coverage in the media IMO. Handful of better players?

It's the perfect excuse for when Vidic and Rio keep him quite..

Yeah, there is a lot of media hype calling him the summer of the century, the player thats going to win City the league this that and the other and yes, a handful of better strikers in the premier league such as Wayne Rooney, Didier Drogba, Robin Van Persie to name a few.

Thats exactly my point, not once did I say he is **** did I so please read what I say before making stupid comments, if he had signed for United I dare say me and other United fans would be very pleased with him signing but in my opinion, in the striker department we have enough to trouble any team.

Tbh, what media muppetry are you talking about? He hardly got that much coverage in the media IMO. Handful of better players?

Just because he plays for City doesn't make him ****. Makes him an idiot for picking the wrong team because of money, but he isn't ****.

Just because he plays for City doesn't make him ****. Makes him an idiot for picking the wrong team because of money, but he isn't ****.

You took the bait and made yourself look like an idiot. There are other reasons to sign for Man City than money. To write them off as being purely that is stupid.

It's the perfect excuse for when Vidic and Rio keep him quite..

Yeah, there is a lot of media hype calling him the summer of the century, the player thats going to win City the league this that and the other and yes, a handful of better strikers in the premier league such as Wayne Rooney, Didier Drogba, Robin Van Persie to name a few.

Thats exactly my point, not once did I say he is **** did I so please read what I say before making asumptions.

If i say he wont be at his best because he has been ill this week, hasn't played a game for 2 weeks now and just came back to training. + he will play only a few minutes from the bench. It's common sense to not expect him to be at his best.

Aguero is up there with all of those you mentioned as a footballer. In the premier league..remains to be seen. But he has all the qualities so im sure he will do well.

Well...he is the biggest signing this summer so far. No doubt about that.

Will be interesting to see how Aguero adapts to the League, I don't see him getting big figures in his first season if I'm honest. Outscored by Van Persie (If he remains fit for long period), out-assisted by Wayne Rooney.

Still, for the long run he'll probably be a good buy, shame he won't play from the start on Saturday.

This may be a landmark moment, but I actually agree with Madridista! He isn't fully fit, it's not an excuse, it's fact. Sure, players like Drogba and Van Persie are almost impossible to defend against on their day, but Aguero is the better and more complete player imo. Only Rooney is on par with him for me, in terms of all round ability. Whether he can adapt to the english style of football is the question that he must answer, his ability shouldn't be questioned.

On the game itself, I fancy a 3-1 United win. (Rooney x2, Welbeck, Balotelli)