F.A Community Shield- Manchester Utd vs Manchester City

Red's Trio to miss Community Shield

Reds trio to miss Community Shield[/h]There was mixed injury news for United fans on Friday morning, as Sir Alex Ferguson addressed the press ahead of Sunday's Community Shield clash with Manchester City.

The Reds boss told reporters that Michael Carrick, Javier Hernandez and Rafael are all set to miss the Wembley showpiece through injury. Carrick complained of "feeling a tightness in his Achilles" during Edwin van der Sar's testimonial game in Amsterdam on Wednesday and won't be risked, while Rafael isn't expected to play, either; he's still recovering from a knock picked up against Barcelona in last weekend's pre-season friendly.

Full Article Here

Wow, Michael Carrick will now miss Sundays match with Man City after picking up an injury in Edwin Van der Sar's match the other night. Suddenly our midfield without the already absent Darren Fletcher looks really weak with only Anderson catching the eye as I don't really think Tom Cleverly has what it takes to make the step up and Darron Gibson is well, Darron Gibson.

Red's Trio to miss Community Shield

Reds trio to miss Community Shield[/h]There was mixed injury news for United fans on Friday morning, as Sir Alex Ferguson addressed the press ahead of Sunday's Community Shield clash with Manchester City.

The Reds boss told reporters that Michael Carrick, Javier Hernandez and Rafael are all set to miss the Wembley showpiece through injury. Carrick complained of "feeling a tightness in his Achilles" during Edwin van der Sar's testimonial game in Amsterdam on Wednesday and won't be risked, while Rafael isn't expected to play, either; he's still recovering from a knock picked up against Barcelona in last weekend's pre-season friendly.

Full Article Here

Wow, Michael Carrick will now miss Sundays match with Man City after picking up an injury in Edwin Van der Sar's match the other night. Suddenly our midfield without the already absent Darren Fletcher looks really weak with only Anderson catching the eye as I don't really think Tom Cleverly has what it takes to make the step up and Darron Gibson is well, Darron Gibson.

Cleverly has been the sharpest mid throughout pre season, and showed on loan how he was, hence why he's back. Not sure how you doubt him when he's yet to be given the full go in United colours

Cleverly has been the sharpest mid throughout pre season, and showed on loan how he was, hence why he's back. Not sure how you doubt him when he's yet to be given the full go in United colours

I just don't think he has what it takes to step up and hold down a regular place in the starting 11. Hopefully I'm wrong and he proves me wrong because I, like everyone loves to see youngsters come through the ranks and be a major hit.

I think Cleverly is class. Hope to see him get a bunch of games this season :)

My only concern is City's midfielders are bullies. They are so physical and I'm not sure whether Cleverley can play in a 2 man midfield against them. May struggle to find his feet initially though.. Talent is undoubted..

We can also take this Carrick's injury as blessing in disguise as Cleverely will face the biggest test of his United career.. Very excited to see him play..

Can't wait to see him play. Vidic and Rio....you better watch out!

You know they have played against better forwards than him,and triumphed right? and he is on the bench.

You should be more worried about an on form Rooney, who is perfectly adapted, starting, scoring and creating goals for fun, and got the winner last time he played against you

looking forward to this should be a cracking game

You know they have played against better forwards than him,and triumphed right? and he is on the bench.

You should be more worried about an on form Rooney, who is perfectly adapted, starting, scoring and creating goals for fun, and got the winner last time he played against you

Aguero is a nightmare for defenders. :D Kompany will deal with Rooney. ;) Gonna be a fun game.

balotelli-wink_1874733c.jpg

I doubt Rio and Vidic are at all going to be worried. They've faced equally tough opponents before and come through (except the mighty Everton of course when we got those 2 quickfire double salvos and nearly won (6) lol). The thing that will be interesting is if Rio can last a full 90, when he had niggly injury problems last season. If anything, this game may motivate them to play even better. Man Utd will have a point to prove

Aguero is a nightmare for defenders. :D Kompany will deal with Rooney. ;) Gonna be a fun game.

balotelli-wink_1874733c.jpg

And Rooney isnt? For once take your blue tinted glasses off or just dont bother posting. its annoying

And Rooney isnt? For once take your blue tinted glasses off or just dont bother posting. its annoying

Never seen anyone having such a patience..

On topic though, Rio and Vidic have played against better strikers many times, dont see the fuss about facing Aguero apart from he is deadly in FM.. Tevez was more complete and better striker for a starter..

Likes of Torres, Drogba, RVP are all better than Aguero, Rio even played against Henry..

Relax bro. ;) Why so serious?

It's more of a friendly and it will be fun to watch. ;)

Not your bro, peon, and im annoyed by users on this forum who post just to bait people

Going to be a right **** towards if people are like this when the season kicks off.

Not your bro, peon, and im annoyed by users on this forum who post just to bait people

Going to be a right **** towards if people are like this when the season kicks off.

​Think this is just Madrista's version of banter. If you ask me you should just wait until Aguero does nothing to laugh at him.

Never seen anyone having such a patience..

On topic though, Rio and Vidic have played against better strikers many times, dont see the fuss about facing Aguero apart from he is deadly in FM.. Tevez was more complete and better striker for a starter..

Likes of Torres, Drogba, RVP are all better than Aguero, Rio even played against Henry..

The fuss is there because he will play his first game! Just some mins from the bench....

I rate Aguero higher than Tevez. Tevez might be the better option in the prem atm cuz he has experience and is on his peak. But there is a reason Aguero kept Tevez on the bench in the Copa.

But really, Aguero is up there with those names you mentioned. And dont take those "Rio and Vidic better watch out" remarks so seriously....:) Just some "banter" before tomorrows game.

The fuss is there because he will play his first game! Just some mins from the bench....

I rate Aguero higher than Tevez. Tevez might be the better option in the prem atm cuz he has experience and is on his peak. But there is a reason Aguero kept Tevez on the bench in the Copa.

But really, Aguero is up there with those names you mentioned. And dont take those "Rio and Vidic better watch out" remarks so seriously....:) Just some "banter" before tomorrows game.

National team selection is not a yardstick to say who is better player. Cambiasso was not selected for WC squad says a lot about National team selections..

Aguero may go on to become better player, but as of now Tevez is better and the ones I have mentioned are all better players maybe bar Torres as he has struggled for over a year..

Aguero has a lot to prove this season, he scored goals in La Liga but judging by stats, it is easier to score in Spain than in England and it is widely known that the spanish league's give players more time on the ball etc. I don't think he will score or play a prominent part in this cup because he has to gel with the team etc, however if he scores less than 15 goals this season in the PL i think he will be dubbed a first season dissapointment considering the media hype. I still think that until he has played in England for at least a year people can't claim him to be better than any striker in the league, wait until next summer to do that.

Aguero has a lot to prove this season, he scored goals in La Liga but judging by stats, it is easier to score in Spain than in England and it is widely known that the spanish league's give players more time on the ball etc. I don't think he will score or play a prominent part in this cup because he has to gel with the team etc, however if he scores less than 15 goals this season in the PL i think he will be dubbed a first season dissapointment considering the media hype. I still think that until he has played in England for at least a year people can't claim him to be better than any striker in the league, wait until next summer to do that.
Agreed, he is a 'threat' and a promising player in the Prem, but you can't just go out and say he's better than Tevez without the hard cold facts. I personally think that Tevez is better, but I like Aguero more.

National team selection is not a yardstick to say who is better player. Cambiasso was not selected for WC squad says a lot about National team selections..

Aguero may go on to become better player, but as of now Tevez is better and the ones I have mentioned are all better players maybe bar Torres as he has struggled for over a year..
True, true. Sometimes it's just the manager's preference.

Why was Heskey selected above some other (superior) strikers for England? Why didn't Silva and Fabregas play much for Spain at the World Cup, although Busquets is a good player, surely Silva and Fabregas are better at what matters for Spain - the passing game. Why did Holland play Andre Ooijer ahead of some better and younger defenders at the World Cup/before it?

Aguero was picked by Batista (apparently) because he [Aguero] is Batista's son in law, and some managers may be biased towards players. Tevez was slated by the boss and was branded 'a bad influence to have in the squad' and the manager (in this case, Sabella) made it clear that he wasn't going to play a key part for his Argentina team.

If I was England manager, I would make Gerrard captain and call up Henderson and Downing to the squad probably.

It goes on and on and on...

Personally, I hope Manchester United win, despite them being our rivals. I just can't stand the sight of Manchester City ridiculously wasting their money and some 'fans' jumping on the bandwagon as soon as they start winning. Ridiculous!

2-1 to Manchester United, I predict, with Rooney and Nani to score and Silva to score the consolation for Manchester City.

Oh, and on the topic of Tevez, why don't they give Dzeko a chance to prove himself, instead of signing Aguero. Or do they sign/play players based on reputation and how much the fans like them?

#MUFC XI: De Gea, Smalling, Rio, Vidic, Evra; Nani, Carrick, Anderson, Young; Rooney, Welbeck.

#MCFC team to face United: Hart, Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Kolarov, De Jong, Silva, Yaya, Milner, Balotelli, Dzeko