F.A Community Shield- Manchester Utd vs Manchester City

This may be a landmark moment, but I actually agree with Madridista! He isn't fully fit, it's not an excuse, it's fact. Sure, players like Drogba and Van Persie are almost impossible to defend against on their day, but Aguero is the better and more complete player imo. Only Rooney is on par with him for me, in terms of all round ability. Whether he can adapt to the english style of football is the question that he must answer, his ability shouldn't be questioned.

On the game itself, I fancy a 3-1 United win. (Rooney x2, Welbeck, Balotelli)

I'd definitely disagree, Van Persie and Drogba both rack up the key passes, and frankly there isnt a forward in the league with Rooney's passing range, they are the best definitions of "complete forward". His finishing is superior to Rooney's and Drogba's, and n par with RVP, but as big a fan I am of Kun he hasnt got it all, yet

I'd definitely disagree, Van Persie and Drogba both rack up the key passes, and frankly there isnt a forward in the league with Rooney's passing range, they are the best definitions of "complete forward". His finishing is superior to Rooney's and Drogba's, and n par with RVP, but as big a fan I am of Kun he hasnt got it all, yet

Last year Agüero's statistical rating was on par with Rooney and Drogba, though outclassed by van Persie which shows that although he may not rack up the key passes, he can do other things than just score.

Last year Agüero's statistical rating was on par with Rooney and Drogba, though outclassed by van Persie which shows that although he may not rack up the key passes, he can do other things than just score.

I know, but that on was par with averages seasons from both Rooney and Drogba, and a half season from RVP. He can do more, but he hasnt got it all, yet. Still top class though

You took the bait and made yourself look like an idiot. There are other reasons to sign for Man City than money. To write them off as being purely that is stupid.

What other reasons? Their amazing record of winning cups/leagues? Their amazing champions league record? Or even Man City's wonderful team of dart throwing, overpriced underformers?

What other reasons? Their amazing record of winning cups/leagues? Their amazing champions league record? Or even Man City's wonderful team of dart throwing, overpriced underformers?

So he should just play for Nottingham Forest for their great history then?

They won the FA cup last year and was number 3 in the Premiership and their team is at least as good as Chelsea's and on par with Man Utd's on paper. I don't see why he should stay in a club that is no longer moving forward and can no longer prove a worthy opponent to the top 2 or the Champions League.

Quit trolling, you' re just coming off as ignorant.

I know, but that on was par with averages seasons from both Rooney and Drogba, and a half season from RVP. He can do more, but he hasnt got it all, yet. Still top class though

But he is 23. He has his best years ahead of him. And playing in the premier league will only make him better IMO. I think he will do very very well....i have watched alot of Aguero and he is fast, very good finisher, intelligent, and despite being short...he is very strong.

He is also versatile and can play wide, as a second striker and poacher aswell. He will surely benefit from playing alongside other top players. Especially Silva and Yaya. Who both speak his language.

I hope he will play alot alongside Dzeko and/or Balotelli.

But he is 23. He has his best years ahead of him. And playing in the premier league will only make him better IMO. I think he will do very very well....i have watched alot of Aguero and he is fast, very good finisher, intelligent, and despite being short...he is very strong.

He is also versatile and can play wide, as a second striker and poacher aswell. He will surely benefit from playing alongside other top players. Especially Silva and Yaya. Who both speak his language.

I hope he will play alot alongside Dzeko and/or Balotelli.

Hence why i said "yet" still doesnt currently make him better than the aformentioned, and both Rooney and RVP aver incredibly versatile players

Bolded also applies to Rooney and RVP

So he should just play for Nottingham Forest for their great history then?

They won the FA cup last year and was number 3 in the Premiership and their team is at least as good as Chelsea's and on par with Man Utd's on paper. I don't see why he should stay in a club that is no longer moving forward and can no longer prove a worthy opponent to the top 2 or the Champions League.

All I'm trying to say is in my opinion, he should of stayed at Atletico Madrid. Sure he will have less chance of League victory, but Atletico Madrid have more experience in Europe, have won it recently, and he know what it's like to play in La Liga.

And Mike how is voicing my opinion trolling?

All I'm trying to say is in my opinion, he should of stayed at Atletico Madrid. Sure he will have less chance of League victory, but Atletico Madrid have more experience in Europe, have won it recently, and he know what it's like to play in La Liga.

Winning the Europa League is nothing compared to winning the Champions League. He won't have less chance of league victory at Atletico, he will have no chance. Man City's team is stronger than Atletico's on every single position.

When you are voicing you opinion in an attempt to annoy city fans its trolling, any need for the dart throwing underperformers jibe? No

Aside from that your reasoning is inherently flawed.

Atletico have stagnated, City are growing, City are in the CL, they have plenty of CL experience in their key players. Anyway you look at it, moving to City is a step up

Not going to hype up Aguero because most of us know what he is capable of, not a factor in this fixture. Can see Aguero having a significant say in the 2nd Premiership meeting after he is settled in better and up to speed with the tempo/style.

Already been tipping MCFC to be my dark horses for the title, Dzeko is extremely capable of 20+ goals and in Italy everyone is praying Mario can come up with 20+. This fixture's outcome will ultimately be irrelevant and forgotten come September though, not significant but it's always nice to give new players like De Gea/Aguero a taste of what it's like to play at Wembley.

My 2-1 prediction came down to the brute facts when I compared the midfields of the two, Yaya and Silva are just a long long way above whatever MUFC can throw in there at the minute in my opinion. Wide players may have an impact but from watching MCFC/Mancini's tactics I notice that wide players rarely have a significant impact outside of coming in off the flank i.e Nani.

It was close but MCFC just edge it at the minute and the fact Welbeck is starting just added certainty to my prediction, will be close and probably not an enjoyable game from a 'purist' point of view.

Not talking down MUFC in my 2-1 prediction, just think currently MCFC midfield is just way too strong. (That goes for compared to Chelsea midfield as well)

Can see MCFC lining up 4-2-3-1 with maybe Balotelli wide left, Silva central, Dzeko ST, Johnson wide right?

If Milner starts I think I might change my prediction...

And Aguero will not be given the lone striker role in my opinion, I suspect he will be handed the CF behind the striker role and Silva forced wide. I genuinely think Dzeko could come through this season, predicting he will get 20+ goals...

Well he won the Europa league, pretty much the best thing he could win with Athletico. Lets face it, they wont beat Barca or Real to the title in the near future.

He has moved to a club where he will be paid well, amoung some of the best players around with a chance of a league win and he will be in the Champions League. Perfect sense to me :)

Ummm....let me think....'

Money, CL football, to play with other top players, play in a team that will seriously challenge for trophies, good stadium and training facilities, decent fanbase, successfull manager, good owners etc...

I think this pretty much sums it up for a modern footballer:

Clichy added: “Okay, Arsenal have a great history, but when you are a footballer you think only of what the future will bring.

When you are voicing you opinion in an attempt to annoy city fans its trolling, any need for the dart throwing underperformers jibe? No

Aside from that your reasoning is inherently flawed.

Atletico have stagnated, City are growing, City are in the CL, they have plenty of CL experience in their key players. Anyway you look at it, moving to City is a step up

Never realized my own opinion could be flawed. That's fine though.

How about getting back on topic?
Doesn't matter who wins this Game.
Man Utd win - Another cup and a good start on silencing the "noisy neighbour's"
Man City win - A chance to brag pointlessly about beating Man Utd. And another cup to their collection.

I dont care that people are saying its a glorified friendly, it's Manchest United vs Manchester city. Both teams will want to win it and it cant finish as a draw. Amazing players on both sides. Should be a good match :)

Never realized my own opinion could be flawed. That's fine though.

How about getting back on topic?
Doesn't matter who wins this Game.
Man Utd win - Another cup and a good start on silencing the "noisy neighbour's"
Man City win - A chance to brag pointlessly about beating Man Utd. And another cup to their collection.

The fact its an opinion doesnt mean its infallible or it cant be challenged, especially on a forum

On the game itself, think we will play on the counter, and take 2-1

I would hate any player not trying their best just saying its a friendly. Friendly or not its always good to start with a trophy. Going by recent history team that won shield went on to win the league too..

What Aguero is capable and how he will perform only time will tell. One best example is Sheva who signed for Chelsea when he was 30, arguably his best years, he was one of the best striker of the decade still he didn't reach the heights. Also Veron, who was world class flopped with us and Chelsea. Forlan was not half the player he is now.

So only time will tell how he adapt to the league. Talent is unquestionable..

Would like to see Welbeck for this game and also Cleverley as second half sub..

I said it during the game vs Barce in the US and the same applies here in this fixture,

There are the moments that define the level a player plays at, De Gea has never been on such a constant top stage. Stepping out in front of 80-90 thousand fans at Wembley stadium no matter what the occasion is the sort of moments that make him think ''wow, this is why I moved to Manchester United.''

If someone held a camera on his face as he stepped out onto Wembley from the tunnel I guarantee you will see awe and amazement, the adrenaline will be pumping. Will be the same for Aguero sitting on the City bench, absolutely huge spectacle and the fact it's the home of football etc just adds to it.

This is why the Community Shield still has a valid purpose, shows new players what it is like to play at Wembley...

You could tell throughout the US tour De Gea was in shock at the attention/fan reception he got, and that's the sort of thing true professional footballers live for.

If City win I'll be waiting for the inevitable cliché for Clichy...''first game and he wins silverware'' etc etc...