F.A Community Shield- Manchester Utd vs Manchester City

glad welbecks been given a start hes been excellent pre season

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Eh? I thought Carrick was injured?

Interesting to see Kolarov and Milner playing. Personally think Utd will win this, but can see City winning the 'midfield battle' - great mix of flair and strength. I wonder if Young and Rooney will interchange between LW and AMC - doubt it, but both capable of playing both positions. Alternatively, Young could start in the middle and Welbeck could start wide-left - you never know with SAF.

Manchester City Subs: Taylor, Clichy, Savic, Barry, A Johnson, Wright-Phillips, Aguero. #MUFC

#mufc Subs Jones, Berbatov, Park, Rafael, Evans, Lindegaard, Cleverley

So excited, I enjoy the Manchester derbies now that either team could actually win.

Hoping De Gea makes a gaff or at least his lack of familiarity with his defence causes a Man City goal or two.

Interesting to see Kolarov and Milner playing. Personally think Utd will win this, but can see City winning the 'midfield battle' - great mix of flair and strength. I wonder if Young and Rooney will interchange between LW and AMC - doubt it, but both capable of playing both positions. Alternatively, Young could start in the middle and Welbeck could start wide-left - you never know with SAF.

One reason why I dont believe Fergie's words when it comes to injuries and transfers..

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

Wow didn't notice that Giggs is not involved.. Not even in the squad..

Part of reasoning for getting Young is the fact he can play LW and AMC, i'm not sure they will swap, but Rooney likes to drift into the channels so i can see Young moving in for the reverse ball. Full back going to have a torrid time if those two hit their rhythm.

Expect City to largely dominate the centre, and us to hit them down the flanks

Still going 2-1 City. Dzeko will grab one and Balo/Silva as well. Tight game though, as for MCFC fans don't expect Aguero to have an impact he's not long back from holiday. Expecting a cameo at most to be honest, Dzeko's the man to watch. Will get 20+ goals this season, definitely going to be amongst the top scorers.

So excited, I enjoy the Manchester derbies now that either team could actually win.

Hoping De Gea makes a gaff or at least his lack of familiarity with his defence causes a Man City goal or two.

1 - The derbies have always been even.

2 - Why would you wish a young player to play badly? oO) Especially a nice guy like De Gea...

In fairness to city they have always been capable in the derbies, they did the double over us not too long ago, but I agree its added extra spice when they come in on an equal footing rather than being underdogs.

Not sure why you'd want a player to do badly though, seems a tiny bit bitter to wish that?

Part of reasoning for getting Young is the fact he can play LW and AMC, i'm not sure they will swap, but Rooney likes to drift into the channels so i can see Young moving in for the reverse ball. Full back going to have a torrid time if those two hit their rhythm.

Expect City to largely dominate the centre, and us to hit them down the flanks

Yeah, didn't necessarily mean a deliberate instruction for them to swap, but more just their natural movement meaning they'll end up in each others' positions a lot. If I was a City fan, I'd honestly by worried about their left flank. Kolarov had a poor season and Balotelli is hardly renowned for his tracking back and work-rate. That against Nani and possibly Rafael at some point will be dangerous...

Yeah, didn't necessarily mean a deliberate instruction for them to swap, but more just their natural movement meaning they'll end up in each others' positions a lot. If I was a City fan, I'd honestly by worried about their left flank. Kolarov had a poor season and Balotelli is hardly renowned for his tracking back and work-rate. That against Nani and possibly Rafael at some point will be dangerous...

Assume thats why Milner has started, reckon he will switch to whatever flank is being overrun.

Dzeko is the man to watch IMO

not really an attacking FB though... He's a CB by trade.

Yeah, still very good on the ball though. Reason he is playing maybe to counter the height advantage city have over us..

Assume thats why Milner has started, reckon he will switch to whatever flank is being overrun.

Dzeko is the man to watch IMO

Agree with that - especially with De Gea in goal. Spanish GKs have often been criticised for not being the best when the ball is in the air so if City's wide-men can get the ball in the box and Dzeko can challenge De Gea it could be interesting...

dzeko v vidic in the aerial dual should be an epic battle.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Yeah, still very good on the ball though. Reason he is playing maybe to counter the height advantage city have over us..

Sure. But so is Vermaelen, I wouldn't want him bombing forward from FB.

Agree with that - especially with De Gea in goal. Spanish GKs have often been criticised for not being the best when the ball is in the air so if City's wide-men can get the ball in the box and Dzeko can challenge De Gea it could be interesting...

De Gea's pretty good at it actually.