F.A Community Shield- Manchester Utd vs Manchester City

Chicharito is not injured.He's been to Gold Cup so Sir Alex is giving him more time to rest and build up he's fitness! He's not like OUT or anything like that....

kind of wish i bought a ticket now, lol jk if i wanted one city have put them on general sale. stalybridge away > a long journey for a pointless game

If those people arent that interested in watching or hearing about, why post on the thread to say so? Seems kinda pointless

​Yeah doubt I'll watch it, it's a glorified friendly.

Manchester United 1-1 Manchester City (City wins on penalties).

Manchester United 1-2 Manchester City Balotelli to get on the score sheet. Without Sneijder or a creative mid I think MUFC will struggle.

Manchester United 1-2 Manchester City Balotelli to get on the score sheet. Without Sneijder or a creative mid I think MUFC will struggle.

images

Sorted.

So we are underdogs now ? Ok, I'm looking forward to see brilliant Aguero. Either way, it's going to be funny to watch how will Madridista react.

No comparison to Silva. MCFC just look too strong, Yaya and Silva are 2 of the best mids in PL in my opinion. MUFC have the edge out wide with better wingers but going head to head I can't look past City at the minute...

No comparison to Silva. MCFC just look too strong, Yaya and Silva are 2 of the best mids in PL in my opinion. MUFC have the edge out wide with better wingers but going head to head I can't look past City at the minute...
Silva ? Really ? Wow Jamie, first Amauri, now Silva... you are starting to worry me..

Silva was City's player of the year last season in my opinion, Kompany and him were just as crucial as Tevez. David Silva's the best CAM in the Prem, unless I'm being crazy. Just my opinion but his passing was a joy to behold last season, immensely talented player. If City didn't have him I doubt they would have mad top 4. David Silva is an excellent player...

So we are underdogs now ? Ok, I'm looking forward to see brilliant Aguero. Either way, it's going to be funny to watch how will Madridista react.

If United lose...im gonna make you remember it.

If City lose....it was just a pointless friendly. OK?

Btw, how can you compare Amauri to Silva? Silva really is one of the best if not the best midfielder in the premier league. I fully agree with Jamie on that. I dont understand how you can't rate Silva. United fans on Redcafe would kill to have a player like him. And im being serious.

Chicharito is not injured.He's been to Gold Cup so Sir Alex is giving him more time to rest and build up he's fitness! He's not like OUT or anything like that....

No. He's out injured. He got a concussion while on tour and has been ruled out for 3-4 weeks.

Aguero hopefully going to increase to the number of failed strikers at City

United 2-0 City

Didn't actually post my prediction.

Think it will be cagey and not exciting at all. Both teams will be looking at it as the final pre-season game. They'll want to win of course, but I think it'll be played at a walking pace and both teams will be making sure of not getting injured for the opening game rather than running themselves into the ground.

Think we'll line up;

De Gea
Jones - Ferdinand - Vidic - Evra
Nani - Carrick - Cleverley - Young
Rooney - Welbeck​

This Fergie will want all the new boys to play in a derby for the first time, and I think Welbeck and Cleverley will play due to their localness and as they impressed vs Barcelona.

Regardless it'll be a decent game to watch, but neutrals won't enjoy it imo.

Won't be watching it as I'm away so will have to hope I can come back on Tuesday to some good news and the perfect start to a new season :)

These matches are usually the hardest too predict, but the best too watch as a neutral. I'm really interested too see how Manchester City do this season, after the addition of Aguero, and an early-season win against their big rivals could just be what they need- I'm going to stick my head out on the line and say Man City just edge this one, in a close game.. But you can never underestimate Man United.

I would watch it if it was on 'normal' TV. Not got Sky Sports. Might see if theres a stream going.....mainly to see if Balotelli arrives at the stadium on a horse wearing armour and smoking a cigar.

3 - 0 City. Balotelli to score a screamer, Yaya and Silva to add as well.

Silva ? Really ? Wow Jamie, first Amauri, now Silva... you are starting to worry me..

Except Silva is actually one of the best mids in the Premiership...

And yes, Jamie, I don't think Amauri is one of the greatest footballers there are XD

Last edited: