F.A Community Shield

MisterStubbs

Reaction score
Manchester Unted vs Chelsea
Sunday 8th August 2010
Wembley Stadium
3pm Kick Off

I know that the game is a little over a week away but thought i'd start a thread. Am really looking foward to this one, games between United and Chelsea are always close and exciting. I for one will be going to the game, tickets arrived today :)

On the matter of who will win, I'm obviously going for a United win. Injuries to Drogba, Alex and Cech will weaken Chelsea although I still expect a close run game.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
I'm going to this! :D

Should be a great game, even if it doesn't mean a lot.

Cech is injured, so it should be a high scoring game :)

can't wait to watch this match, what channel isit on?

would like to go to wembly one day
my dad went there when scotland beat england 3-2 :)

first of all, this is about the Community Shield, not something that happened 10+ years ago

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

can't wait to watch this match, what channel isit on?

will be on sky sports mate

we've got few injuries too. personally im looking forward to what shape we play. laste year we had no particlar way we played, we had 4 or 5 very different styles and he shaped our different differently with each oppostion, whereas 2006-2009 we had one major style.

**** i aint got skysports **** thought it would of been on bbc1

my ticket arrived yesterday :)

38838143082679043619100.jpg

Last edited:
I'm thinking... goodluck Terry. start your engines.. Mister Cicharitooooo :wub:

Seems this trophy is Chelsea, United every season D :
Still, always fun to watch, every last bit 'o football

Cech and Drogba are both fit and will play on sunday so i wouldn't read to much into that. Chelsea have only lost once at the new wembley in 6 appearences and that was on penaltys against Utd. I think Chelsea will have a much stronger side that Man Utd out plus Zhirkov, Alex and Bosingwa could all feature. i will say 2-0 Chelsea.

my ticket arrived yesterday :)

38838143082679043619100.jpg

2 minute walk to the stadium then? ;)

I would have gone but im on holiday when this is on. Hopefully I'll find a nice bar to watch it in.

Not too fussed if we don't get a result, I can see United winning if we have Turnbull in goal.

2 minute walk to the stadium then? ;)

I would have gone but im on holiday when this is on. Hopefully I'll find a nice bar to watch it in.

Not too fussed if we don't get a result, I can see United winning if we have Turnbull in goal.

not quite, its a two hour train journey?

I am going and its going to be a blue night that day

Chelsea 3-2 Manchester United

Drogba scoring a double and Lampard chipping in

Chelsea have announced their starting XI already..

Hilario
Ferreira
Ivanovic
Terry
Cole
Essien
Mikel
Lampard
Kalou
Malouda
Anelka

Back