F.a. To investigate babel

Edit: Just saw your post; Only consider the latter :)
Nope, Chelsea would likely win all 3 either way. Liverpool United is a much closer game. Just heard someting today from a friend, is it true in Webb's last 10 games at OT, he has given United 7 penalties?

So what if it's a closer match? It was stated that Webb refereed games United-Liverpool played in, and United won, implying Webb had influence. I purposely used a larger difference in quality of teams (No disrespect to Wigan) to prove that the post was complete and utter nonsense.

And what, are referees supposed to average their penalties awarded? What if someone accused him of being too generous with penalties, then with clear penalty decisions he's wary about giving them, the opposition fans are then ****** at him. Basically, him and referees simply cannot win.

Also, came across these stats: http://soccerlens.com/manchester-united-v-liverpool-penalties-and-red-cards/27999/

So we can continue the pointless bickering that referees are biased to United, based on no factual evidence apart from the perceived views of Liverpool and United fans. Or, we can accept the fact that there's a probable chance of penalties being awarded to teams, and due to the nature of probability some teams invariably gain more penalties than others over the course of a season. If I could be bothered, I'd find Webb's statistics, but since most people seem to think the referee's do anything for United, the statistics prove contrary.

So what if it's a closer match? It was stated that Webb refereed games United-Liverpool played in, and United won, implying Webb had influence. I purposely used a larger difference in quality of teams (No disrespect to Wigan) to prove that the post was complete and utter nonsense.

And what, are referees supposed to average their penalties awarded? What if someone accused him of being too generous with penalties, then with clear penalty decisions he's wary about giving them, the opposition fans are then ****** at him. Basically, him and referees simply cannot win.

Also, came across these stats: http://soccerlens.com/manchester-united-v-liverpool-penalties-and-red-cards/27999/

So we can continue the pointless bickering that referees are biased to United, based on no factual evidence apart from the perceived views of Liverpool and United fans. Or, we can accept the fact that there's a probable chance of penalties being awarded to teams, and due to the nature of probability some teams invariably gain more penalties than others over the course of a season. If I could be bothered, I'd find Webb's statistics, but since most people seem to think the referee's do anything for United, the statistics prove contrary.

No it wasn't "nonsense", it is a general view, in which, where I live, seems to be agreed with by the neutrals.

Not at all, it's the fact he has given United so many unjust penalties, for example this weekends and *not sure if it was the last but one of them* United - Liverpool fixtures. It can't be denied he is biased towards United.

[Also, just for the record, on my earlier point, a large number of my Man U supporting friends also believe is biased towards them although they quite enjoy it.]

Edit: To the stats you posted,we're talking about controversial penalties being given, not penalties in general, don't see the point in that link, unless im missing something.

Babel did it with the lead-piping in the conservatory.

Seriously, the last time I looked, we were living in a democracy, you know...freedom of speech & all that. Plus, he was merely pointing out the obvious.

On SSN

Ryan Babel charged with inpropper conduct

No it wasn't "nonsense", it is a general view, in which, where I live, seems to be agreed with by the neutrals.

Not at all, it's the fact he has given United so many unjust penalties, for example this weekends and *not sure if it was the last but one of them* United - Liverpool fixtures. It can't be denied he is biased towards United.

[Also, just for the record, on my earlier point, a large number of my Man U supporting friends also believe is biased towards them although they quite enjoy it.]

Edit: To the stats you posted,we're talking about controversial penalties being given, not penalties in general, don't see the point in that link, unless im missing something.

Posted due to the fact a lot of people have the consensus that United have the referee's favour, which that article contradicts. And the difference between a controversial penalty and non-controversial penalty? Surely on the face of things if Liverpool have been awarded more penalties, and way more red cards against the teams they play, then any controversial decision, is statistically most likely to be in favour of Liverpool?

Yes it is nonsense, you link two teams that play, and say that the referee who managed them always caused United to win. I use the same argument with Chelsea-Wigan, and you disagree? It therefore must be nonsense, if the argument doesn't apply to two of the same situations, THAT is an undeniable fact. Howard Webb being biased is NOT an undeniable fact, since, as you say their are only the perceived views by fans themselves. Plus, we're accounting on a couple of games that only happen 2-3 times a year, yet you're saying he MUST be biased because he gets difficult decisions wrong, in a pressured situation. Right then, makes sense. Lets look at yesterday's penalty, Agger was an idiot to put his leg out unnecessarily as he did, and put his hand on the back of Berbatov's back. From his point of view, this clearly doesn't look good, and Agger can only blame himself for putting Webb in that situation.

Due to the nature of United-Liverpool games, controversial issues are more likely to be raised, generally he'll have a 1/2 chance of getting the decision right. Lets say he officiates one game of theirs a year, for 3 years, for the sake of simplicity. And also that a controversial incident happens in each (slightly more unlikely, but hey.) So in 3 years he has a 1/2 chance of getting the decision right, in each of those he happens to believe United earn the benefit from the incident, which is just a 1/8 chance ((1/2)^3)). So, you're essentially calling a man biased due to a 1/8 chance. So, if your wife ever happens to have 3 girls, is her womb being sexist too?

/rant

This is the best moment of his Liverpool career (tells you alot) but he's right though Howard Webb was very biased towards Man United

Jesus. Yeah, Babel did a bit of a muppett thing, but for christs sake. He's gettin charged with improper conduct? christ almighty. Warning should've been more sufficient. How about the FA do more constructive things, like improving football in this country, like at grass-roots level. Follow the example set by other nations. This is why I'm really starting to get sick and tired of the FA

Posted due to the fact a lot of people have the consensus that United have the referee's favour, which that article contradicts. And the difference between a controversial penalty and non-controversial penalty? Surely on the face of things if Liverpool have been awarded more penalties, and way more red cards against the teams they play, then any controversial decision, is statistically most likely to be in favour of Liverpool?

Yes it is nonsense, you link two teams that play, and say that the referee who managed them always caused United to win. I use the same argument with Chelsea-Wigan, and you disagree? It therefore must be nonsense, if the argument doesn't apply to two of the same situations, THAT is an undeniable fact. Howard Webb being biased is NOT an undeniable fact, since, as you say their are only the perceived views by fans themselves. Plus, we're accounting on a couple of games that only happen 2-3 times a year, yet you're saying he MUST be biased because he gets difficult decisions wrong, in a pressured situation. Right then, makes sense. Lets look at yesterday's penalty, Agger was an idiot to put his leg out unnecessarily as he did, and put his hand on the back of Berbatov's back. From his point of view, this clearly doesn't look good, and Agger can only blame himself for putting Webb in that situation.

Due to the nature of United-Liverpool games, controversial issues are more likely to be raised, generally he'll have a 1/2 chance of getting the decision right. Lets say he officiates one game of theirs a year, for 3 years, for the sake of simplicity. And also that a controversial incident happens in each (slightly more unlikely, but hey.) So in 3 years he has a 1/2 chance of getting the decision right, in each of those he happens to believe United earn the benefit from the incident, which is just a 1/8 chance ((1/2)^3)). So, you're essentially calling a man biased due to a 1/8 chance. So, if your wife ever happens to have 3 girls, is her womb being sexist too?

/rant

The majority of this lot feel it to be a select few referee's, not referee's in general. And not really.

It is because of the decisions he has made in these games, not just who refereed the actual game. Agree to disagree, imo Webb is completely biased. He wasn't in a good position, logical thing to do? Look at the linesman perhaps, but no.

Pretty radical statement.

Rather off topic now, so I'll leave it at that.