F.a. To investigate babel

just got back home, seen both decisions on tv and boy we got lucky with the penalty, makes up for some decisons we havent got this season i guess, how ever i thought the tackle on Giggsy in the second half was more of a penalty. Gerrards was a no brainer, dangerous tackle. could have really hurt Carrick.

credit to 'Pool fans today, atmosphere was brilliant! look forward to seeing you at Anfield :)

****** ****, where do you live. I live in Liverpool and got back before 5 (and we got locked in for ******* ages!).

HOLY **** WHAT A LEGEND! hahahahahahahaahh 1st it was the *Silence* now this? ******* AMAZING

Stop the Spam, and the large text, it is extremely immature and also annoying.

People seriously need to lighten up. Can't the F.A see it's a joke? Everything is taken too seriously nowadays. Remember that man who got arrested for joking on twitter about blowing up some airport in Ireland for delaying his flight or something? Do we not have any free speech anymore?

People seriously need to lighten up. Can't the F.A see it's a joke? Everything is taken too seriously nowadays. Remember that man who got arrested for joking on twitter about blowing up some airport in Ireland for delaying his flight or something? Do we not have any free speech anymore?

I now refer you to my previous post.

Funny, but this is showing disrespect to referees, which has to be stopped at every level.

well i watched it thought it was a red card.
the pen was very,very little contact but if it was torres he would have done same if anything agger at fault as berba was going nowhere and should have just stood him up.
players now are told to fall under contact as you dont get anything otherwise (i dont agree by the way but just way it is)
ref should have asked linesman (if in doubt) as for game thought played well with 10 men kelly was fantastic.

as for babel fair play ;)

and 1 thing i wernt there today but did man u have a 90 mins silence for anyone? as i only heard our fans singing ;)

Referees deserve all they get when they cost teams matches like they do... and they do it at every level

Couple of sundays ago one of our players said ' we beat them even when they had 12 men' the ref heard it and sent him off... now he banned for a month and has to pay a 50 quid fine

tbh refs can get good at what they do before they earn respect

I now refer you to my previous post.
Did he post any comments with the picture like, Howard Webb is a rubbish ref?
Because if not, I don't see the problem with posting the picture. He obviously didn't create it, he just wanted to show people something he must have thought of as funny.

Referees deserve all they get when they cost teams matches like they do... and they do it at every level

Couple of sundays ago one of our players said ' we beat them even when they had 12 men' the ref heard it and sent him off... now he banned for a month and has to pay a 50 quid fine

tbh refs can get good at what they do before they earn respect
this nonsense is exactly what is wrong in football today, and exactly why refs get hounded and get abusive phone calls

The one thing refs can do to earn players' and fans' respect is be bang on in their decisions. Look at Pierluigi Collina: no player in the world would disrespect him, and no fan would hound him because he never made mistakes.

Hahaha, United fans must see Webb is biased towards them?

Chelsea > Wigan.

I was making a point that linking the referees who did the games and the result is irrelevant. I use the same logic, so therefore the other referees must be biased towards Liverpool. And since I was referencing the post trying to correlate Webb to United winning games, and I used the same example and you say Chelsea > Wigan, then it must also be Man Utd > Liverpool.

Pretty sure you don't believe that so, the argument is dead. |)

The one thing refs can do to earn players' and fans' respect is be bang on in their decisions. Look at Pierluigi Collina: no player in the world would disrespect him, and no fan would hound him because he never made mistakes.
collina was the finest ref ever to be fair, there isnt a ref who came close, and i believe he was the exception rather than rule to be honets

It's impossible for them to get EVERY decision correct though, there'll always be human error unless they have technology to support them. Looking at what happened in Scotland with the referee's they need, and deserve protection. They basically put themselves in the line of fire of all fans, and some will take it too far.

Andre Marriner and Alan Wiley are both biased to Liverpool.

If Howard Webb officiated 3 games between Chelsea and Wigan, and Chelsea won all 3, would he be biased to Chelsea too?

Edit: Just saw your post; Only consider the latter :)
Nope, Chelsea would likely win all 3 either way. Liverpool United is a much closer game. Just heard someting today from a friend, is it true in Webb's last 10 games at OT, he has given United 7 penalties?

collina was the finest ref ever to be fair, there isnt a ref who came close, and i believe he was the exception rather than rule to be honets

Odd thing is that I remember he reffed a CL match (might have been Newcastle vs Barcelona when the Geordies turned them over at their place) and he got absolute dogs abuse from the commentators (Tyldesley and Atkinson IIRC) for being too 'picky' and not letting the game flow.

Refs can't win sometimes. But Babel's stepped over the line here, and I expect he'll be making a contribution to the FA's coffer as a result.

Webb gets **** from our fans as it is, and he still turns up to ref, so it's hardly like Mourinho and that Swedish guy.

You can't expect that to happen. Football is fat too fast paced and end-to-end for a referee to constantly be in the right position to make all decisions correctly. Added to that is the players who dive to deceive the referee, which makes it even harder. Collina was an exceptional referee, but it's madness to think that all referees could reach that standard. Even after watching many replays of decisions I find it difficult to make my mind up, so it's impossible for referees to never make mistakes, especially when they're given seconds to reach their decision.