clarky1683

Reaction score
Fabio Terzi - A Manager's Story

View attachment 260712
We've chosen the Dutch side Heerenveen to start our career. I haven't managed in Holland since FM12, so I'm excited to see how we will do!

View attachment 260711
Our persona for this story; a young, unknown, unproven Italian manager, by the name of Fabio Terzi. I'm really pleased with the awesome regen face I found when I searched the Internet for a manager face. (You can find this face, and LOADS more here: Straightenout's Football Manager FaceGens : Shirt Style)

View attachment 260708
No coaching badges, and a regional reputation. We are going to have to work our way to the top, and I think that Heerenveen are a great club to start at!

View attachment 260707
Heerenveen have only ever claimed one single trophy in their history. It's up to us to change that.

The Squad

View attachment 260706
A really young team. And I mean really young. Only three players over the age of 23 in the first team. Our captain is 23. I may change that, unsure right now. We've also got some exciting prospects in the Reserves and Under 19's Squads.​

View attachment 260693
Our first ever signing as a manager is the experienced ball winning midfielder Kwame Quansah. He has played in the Eredivisie for a long time, and will provide us with the well needed tackling mentality in our midfield.
Media Season Prediction

View attachment 260692
We are predicted to finish seventh. I'd be happy with that finish, but I think that we could possibly do better! It's going to be tough; there are some good Dutch teams nowadays, but let's give it our best shot!​

View attachment 260691
Our second signing is ex Valencia and Brighton midfielder Vicente. I'm aware that he is quite injury prone but he adds some versatility to our midfield along with some experience and flare. He will be a rotation option on the wings even though he isn't so fast any more.​

Pre-season

View attachment 260686
A few other signings made; youngster Torrado, left wing back van Hintum and loanee Declan John. Our own youngster Kada has gone out on loan too.

View attachment 260685
A good start to our pre-season, but we fell away towards the end, albeit against much better teams. Hoping we can bounce back for the start of the league season!

Expectations

View attachment 260684 Board expectation - Mid table
My expectation - At least 7th

View attachment 260683Board expectation - Quarter final
My expectation - Semi final

View attachment 260681
Our league campaign will start with a home tie against ADO Den Haag.​

View attachment 260676
A disappointing performance. I don't know whether it was the players not trying, or not being good enough. Either way we need to buck our ideas up or we won't have a good season.

View attachment 260674
Some better news here however! We'll be getting our National C Licence soon!

In other news.. this actually happened.

View attachment 260673
Ajax went ham on Heracles.​

View attachment 260670
A decent result to be fair. FC Twente are a formidable opposition and one of the better teams in the league so to come away from here with a point is reasonable.

View attachment 260669
Utterly embarrassing. We showed no fight, no passion, nothing. To be honest we were lucky it wasn't more than five. I'm very frustrated with the team at the moment. What am I doing wrong?

View attachment 260668
Our first team right back is injured for about two months, to kick us right in the teeth. Ugh.​

Rest of August

View attachment 260664
Good to get a clean sheet.. would have preferred a win though.

View attachment 260660
One word. Unbelievable. The players decided that after four league games, they should probably turn up, and turn up they did! Especially Mark Uth who had been non-existent in the previous games. He won it for us in the last minute! Tremendous victory against a top side!

Transfer Window Round-up

View attachment 260650
Nothing too interesting going on!

League Table

View attachment 260649
Despite our shocking start we are in 10th place. Things can only get better, we hope.

Player of the Month

Only one player has stood out so far, and that's new signing Kwame Quansah! He's tackled well and played his heart out, scoring a goal in the process!

View attachment 260648

September and October

View attachment 260608
We've really picked things up! We're through to the 4th Round of the Cup, and Uth has started to score a few more.

League Table

View attachment 260607
We're sat in tenth.. which is okay. It's been a tough start to the league, and I'm glad in a way. It would be a bit ridiculous if we were trouncing teams. The squad isn't good enough... yet.

Cup Draw

View attachment 260604
A winnable tie, I think. Let's hope so anyway!

Player of the Month (September)

Stefano Marzo

View attachment 260603
The full back has stepped in for the injured van Anholt really well.

Player of the Month (October)

Declan John

View attachment 260601
The Welsh full back, on loan from Cardiff, has played very well. I've been impressed with his defensive performances, and he's even notched up a goal.​

Wow, can't believe how young the squad is. I like the fact that you have your expectations a bit higher than the board. A very good September and October after a struggling start, great away win at Feyenoord! I like it, will be following!

Wow, can't believe how young the squad is. I like the fact that you have your expectations a bit higher than the board. A very good September and October after a struggling start, great away win at Feyenoord! I like it, will be following!

Insanely young, right? That's why I added a few experienced heads in. Normally I don't like buying players over the age of 27 but I felt like we needed some older players! Thanks man, I'm hoping for a top 7 finish!

Good move, need some experienced players in the dressing room. Good Luck!

November

Results

AZ 1 - 1 Heerenveen

View attachment 260547
A good performance from the lads! We defended admirably and definitely deserved a point!

SC Cambuur 1 - 2 Heerenveen

View attachment 260546
We've won our first derby match! El Hamdaoui scored a nicely placed finish to win us the the tie 16 minutes from time.

Heerenveen 0 - 0 Ajax

View attachment 260543
Another good defensive performance from the team. It's a shame that if Uth decides not to turn up, we don't look like scoring.

Excelsior 0 - 0 Heerenveen

View attachment 260539
Should have won the game. They finished the game with 9 men and we couldn't capitalize.

League Table

View attachment 260538
A decent month sees us move a few places higher in the table approaching the half way stage in the season. Although we had a rocky start, we seem to have found our feet and we're doing quite well. It's quite tight around the 4th - 11th area, so a a few wins in a row and who knows what might happen!

SquadView attachment 260536No real stand out performers to be honest, everyone just seems to be playing alright. Uth has a goal every other game which should see him get around 20 goals for the season (hopefully).

Player of the Month

Mark Uth

View attachment 260535
Although he hasn't scored this month, he assisted 2 goals and his last 4 games see him with an average rating above 7.00.​

December 2014

Heerenveen 0 - 2 Heracles

View attachment 260524
We played poorly. There's not much else to say! Just need to forget about this one.

FC Utrecht 2 - 0 Heerenveen

View attachment 260522
We collapsed in the first half hour, and couldn't recover, unfortunately.

Heracles 0 - 2 Heerenveen (CUP)

View attachment 260521
We got our sweet revenge here, and we continue "marching" on in the cup! Who knows.. maybe we could win it?

ADO Den Haag 1 - 1 Heerenveen

View attachment 260515

At least we didn't lose. Ha, now that's a sentence! Anyway we played alright. Uth looked sharp which is good to see!

League Table

View attachment 260514
A poor month in the league to be honest, and it sees us slip back down to tenth. It's still very tight so we'll probably move up and down a few more times before the season ends! I really want to score some more goals. We rely too much on Uth and he isn't even scoring that many! El Hamdaoui has been injured on and off meaning we lack some attacking options. I might need to change the formation around and play two up front but we will have to see.

SquadView attachment 260513We actually have quite a few injuries at the moment, including both first team goalkeepers. That meant we had to play an 18 year old in goal for the last 2 games, but in all fairness he did fine!

Player of the Month

Kenny Otigba

View attachment 260512
The Hungarian defender has been solid in what is quite a shaky defence!