July 2015

View attachment 257296
RC Strasbourg Alsace ("Le Racing")

A club with a prestigious history, having won the French Ligue 1 in 1979, however they have fallen from grace and I am taking them over after promotion from the third tier in French football. It's going to be my aim to stay here for at least 2 seasons to try and get them back into Ligue 1.

Club Background

View attachment 257283
Some good facilities here, and we already have some good young prospects in the squad who are likely to get some game time this season due to how thin the squad depth is!

View attachment 257236
As you can see we have some low expectations which is good for us!

Transfers

View attachment 257234
I tried not to spend too much money, even though we have a decent £1 million budget. Yes, that is Luis García! (that reminds me, if you haven't already, check out this story! Great read so far and definitely not finished yet! http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ies/327298-luis-garcia-new-manager-block.html)

Tactic

View attachment 257233
If any of you watch SecondYellowCard on Youtube, you'll know this tactic well!

Friendly Results

View attachment 257232
Not the best pre-season but a win in our final friendly gives us good confidence!

League Fixtures

View attachment 257231
Hoping for a victory against our first opponents in French football!​

Good read and brilliant first season winning the Cup and getting Europe did not expect you to cut them loose like that though! KIU

Good read and brilliant first season winning the Cup and getting Europe did not expect you to cut them loose like that though! KIU

Thank you! Well I suppose it makes the story slightly more interesting, I hope? xD

RC Strasbourg Alsace 1-0 GFC Ajaccio (31/7/2015)
El Hemdaoui

View attachment 256903
A great, solid start! A debut goal as well for El Hemdaoui (how on earth do you pronounce that?..).

Transfer News

View attachment 256902
We've got an option to buy him for only £195k if we wish too. He's young and will provide cover and rotation for the CM area.

View attachment 256901
This guy comes in to provide another option on the right wing.

View attachment 256900
He's a bit of a midfield utility player as he can play on either flank, at CAM and even up top if needed.

League Table (After Match Day 1)

View attachment 256899
Not much to say after only one game, but a clean sheet is always a good thing.​

AJ Auxerre 0-0 RC Strasbourg Alsace

View attachment 256786
I'm delighted with this results, especially as they are a strong side and we were away from home! To get a point and a clean sheet; I'm happy.

Coup de la Ligue (1st Round)

Nîmes Olympique 3-3 RC Strasbourg Alsace (Strasbourg Win 4-1 on Penalties)
Piermarteri x2
Sikimic

View attachment 256785
A crazy game! The board expectation for the competition is "Be Competitive" so I'm fairly sure we've just accomplished that! Youngster (youngest EVER Strasbourg player!) Jonathan Henry kept his nerve to win us the shoot-out! He's only 15 and has an exciting future!

Back to the League

RC Strasbourg Alsace 1-0 Havre Athletic Club
Bahoken

View attachment 256784
Three clean sheets from three games in the league, and 7 point out of a possible 9. What a superb start to the season we are having! Especially as the media predicted us to be battling relegation! Let's carry on this great form and prove them wrong!

League Table

View attachment 256780
Top of the table after three games! I'm delighted with this, and so far, I'm really enjoying managing in France!

Top Performer

Ernest Seka (CB)

View attachment 256779Seka is the Club Captain.

The big man at the back has been a monster for us so far.

View attachment 256778
After 4 games his average rating is solid and he has truly been a rock for us, and a true leader in the tender period of transition to a new manager.​

Derby Day

Whilst manager of sc Heerenveen in Holland, I won both derby matches, but can I carry on my good record in these important, passionate fixtures, in France?

FC Metz 1-2 RC Strasbourg Alsace (21/8/2015)
Sikimic
Piermarteri

View attachment 256776
The answer: Yes! The lads showed such passion, perhaps due to my team talks? Maybe its the fans! Either way, we played well! Another youngster made his debut for the club and became the youngest player in Ligue 2 history! I'm trying to encourage a youthful presence in the team, so that when we do leave the club will be prepared for the future. Piermarteri scored a beauty of a free kick to win the game for us!

Transfer News

View attachment 256772
This 20 year old, Senegalese attacking midfield will add some youth and energy to our two attacking midfielders (Kapo and Luis García). I think he can become a decent Ligue 1 player too!

View attachment 256770
As you can see, he has pretty decent stats for the Advanced Playmaker (Support) role, and has some pretty well rounded physicals, apart from strength!

-----

View attachment 256767
Something to consider here. We have so many injuries to first team/rotation players so our starting XI has been quite bare recently, hence the young players!​

Coup de la Ligue (2nd Round)

RC Strasbourg Alsace 3-2 USBCO
Graton
Bahoken
Kapo

View attachment 256604
A good team performance here, in a thrilling game for the neutrals. On we go to the 3rd round!

Ligue 2

RC Strasbourg Alsace 1-1 US Créteil-Lusitanos

Aguemon

View attachment 256601
Disappointing not to win this match but we didn't lose and I suppose that's the most important thing.

League Table

View attachment 256599
An unbeaten start after five games puts us in a strong position for the rest of the season.

----------

The next update will be quite a large one as it will take us all the way to the end of December. I want to try and get through this season as fast as possible (to hopefully make it to Ligue 1), especially as Ligue 2 might not be the most exciting league to read about.

Good stuff mate, great job at Herenveen. Was a bit surprised to see you leave so early but hopefully you can take Strasbourg up this season!

Did Herenveen make it into the group stages of the Europa League?

Good stuff mate, great job at Herenveen. Was a bit surprised to see you leave so early but hopefully you can take Strasbourg up this season!

Did Herenveen make it into the group stages of the Europa League?

Thanks man! I'm really enjoying managing in France, much more than in Holland!

Yes, they did get in to the group stage! They are in Group A with Sampdoria, Dynamo Kiev and Dortmund... ouch!

Big Update: September 1st 2015 - October 31st 2015

September 2015

View attachment 256535
We've dropped off a bit but in all fairness we did have three away games in a row. Stade de Reims, who were relegated from Ligue 1 last season, have arguably the strongest squad in the league so it was an extremely difficult match, resulting in a 6-2 defeat.

View attachment 256534
One of the cool perks of Ligue 2 is the "Joker" Transfer Window, where you're allowed to sign one player from a French club between the two transfer windows. I took the opportunity to bring in a striker in Clarck N'Sikulu.

View attachment 256531
He's got some experience of playing in Ligue 1 for Evian, and although he clearly didn't set the world alight or score many goals (at all!) I think we could provide a good home for him. We need some more goals. Even though El Hemdaoui is in good form and so is Bahoken, we have a goal difference of 0 in the league.

October 2015

View attachment 256414
We've picked up a lot! Sadly, out of the cup but some solid wins in the league. However, we aren't scoring many goals still!

Top Goalscorer

View attachment 256412
He's been on fire recently, scoring most of our goals!

View attachment 256411
7 league goals in 9; not too bad!

League Table (as of October 31st 2015)

View attachment 256409
We're second, but five points away from Reims! A problem that could haunt us come the end of the season is our inferior goal difference. Reims have a far superior goal difference to us, so I fear it could cause issues later in the campaign.

View attachment 256385

November 1st - December 31st 2015

November 2015

View attachment 256374
An unbeaten month and through to the 8th round of the French Cup. The whole team is performing very well indeed! I'll always take a point from away matches so I'm not bothered with the draws against Chamois and especially Valenciennes as we came from two goals down to draw! (Yes we were 2-0 down after 15 minutes!!)

View attachment 256371
I just thought I should show you, that we are actually in quite a healthy financial situation. We still have quite a lot of transfer budget to spend but I'm very happy with the squad, so unless something crazy happens in terms of departures in January, or someone insanely good becomes available, I don't see us making many signings!

View attachment 256370
During November it was announced by the board that our home stadium, Stade de La Meinau, is going to be bought by the club.

View attachment 256368
It's actually a pretty good stadium with a capacity of 29,000. It's been around for a century now too and is in very good condition!

December 2015

View attachment 256362
Only three games were played in December but we won all of them!

League Table (December 31st)

View attachment 256361
We're 6 points clear of fourth so we are in a great position to be promoted. Also, we're not far away from Reims so perhaps we could win the league? Who knows what the second half of the season holds for us!

World Awards 2015

Ballon D'Or

View attachment 256360

1st. Lionel Messi
2nd. Cristiano Ronaldo
3rd. Luis Suárez

View attachment 256359

----------

World Player of the Year

View attachment 879355
1st. Lionel Messi
2nd. Luis Suárez
3rd. Cristiano Ronaldo

View attachment 256359

----------

World Team of the Year

View attachment 256357
Subs: Thomas Müller, Vincent Kompany, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Juan Mata, Arjen Robben, Mats Hummels, Gigi Buffon

----------

French Player of the Year

View attachment 256356
1st. Samir Nasri
2nd. Paul Pogba
3rd. Antoine Griezmann

----------

European Golden Boy

View attachment 256354
Memphis Depay​

View attachment 256353
January 2016

View attachment 256352
The board quite rightly think that we're going to do a lot better than "attempting to avoid relegation", so I was asked to change the expectations. I went for "mid-table finish" as it means we will still meet the aims of the board even if we collapse and don't get promoted. Fingers crossed that doesn't happen.

French Cup 9th Round

View attachment 256351
Slightly disappointed not to win more comfortably as CS Godbrange are a low league side, but at the end of the day a win is a win, and we're into the 10th Round.

10th Round Draw

View attachment 256350
Our first game against a Ligue 1 side! We're at home, so maybe we can cause an upset.

Ligue 2

View attachment 256349
A last minute winner from El Hemdaoui gained us all three points in a tense clash against Auxerre.

View attachment 256348
View attachment 256347
We really are having a great season! We've drawn a number of matches, but we do win more often than not! An eleven game unbeaten run is brilliant at any level, and I'm very pleased with the squad.​