View attachment 260345
One of those games. We dominated, they had a man sent off, but we couldn't break through. SO frustrating.

View attachment 260336
A huge victory against a side who are right next to us in the table! Great to get a clean sheet too!

View attachment 260329
Into the semi finals! To quote Brendan Rodgers, we showed great character in this game, and kept our nerve in the shoot-out!

View attachment 260326
We will face Zwolle in the semi final, with NAC Breda hosting Feyenoord in the other tie. I think we actually have a great chance of at least getting to the final now!​

February 2015

View attachment 260308
We surprisingly looked solid! You wouldn't have thought we were having an up and down season after watching this game! Uth ends his goal drought, and we move up to 9th too!

View attachment 260303
3 wins in a row! Maybe we can mount a rise up the table in the run in? Up to 8th now!

View attachment 260301
We've gained our National C Licence!

View attachment 260291
What a result! We're up to 6th place now!

View attachment 260285
Back down to Earth, with a bump.

View attachment 260261
PSV were just too good for us. We really struggle to maintain form!

View attachment 260252
A nice way to bounce back after the humiliating 5-1 defeat to PSV!

League Table

View attachment 260249
8th place, which isn't bad! The board would be happy, but I want to get at least 7th!​

Going great mate! Looking good for a euro playoff spot on this form! Will be following from now on.

Sorry it's been a while everyone, my internet went down on Thursday and I've literally only just got it back!

March 2015

Heerenveen 1-1 Groningen (4/3/2015)

View attachment 257533

A decent result here, especially as Groningen are third in the league. Vicente, who has been a bit part player this season scored a nice goal to equalise for us.

Vitesse 2-0 Heerenveen (8/3/2015)

View attachment 257531
A frustrating defeat at the hands of a team in a similar position to us in the league. We should have taken the lead just before half time but we failed to score.

View attachment 257529
We are starting the course to obtain our National B Licence!

Heerenveen 2-1 Cambuur (13/3/2015)

View attachment 257528
A home derby victory! A solid performance from the team, and we should immense passion which will have pleased the fans!

Youth Intake 2015

View attachment 257527

A couple of exciting prospects; most notably Bart van der Laan. I'm very pleased with the intake!

View attachment 257526
I also found this guy in the free agents market. He seems to be one of those decent regens that start without a club; so I'm happy to sign him up.

Heerenveen 3-0 AZ (22/3/2015)

View attachment 257525
What a great result! AZ are a good team, despite being dangerously close to relegation! Uth with a double!

View attachment 257524
However, Uth is going to miss the rest of the season after breaking his ankle.

League Table (As of March 31st 2015)

View attachment 257523
We've managing to scrap our way up to sixth place. We should be in the European Play Off Places now, just so long as we don't fall apart in the last four games of the season.

Fantastic beard and hair on that 16-year old! Have you checked his birth certificate?!

Cup Semi Final

View attachment 257518View attachment 257517

PEC Zwolle vs Sc Heerenveen

Lineups

View attachment 257516View attachment 257515

Here we go..

1 mins: Kick off!

4 mins: It's in! Tomas Necid rises above the two Heerenveen centre backs to head PEC Zwolle into an early lead!

View attachment 257514Necid celebrates his thumping header.

13 mins: Zwolle come close to doubling their lead as that man Necid has a free header, but he heads the ball onto the cross bar! Still 1-0.

25 mins:Goal! This time it is 2-0 to Zwolle as Mustafa Saymak fires a low drive that deflects past Noring from 18 yards!

View attachment 257513
Saymak fires Zwolle into a comfortable lead.

38 mins: We are approaching half time here, and a catastrophic error nearly sees the score go to 3-0 as Viktor Noring miss-controls a simple back pass causing the ball to bobble onto the post. He breaths a huge sigh of release after he thumps the ball up-field.

43 mins: It's a goal! Against the run of play! Pelé van Anholt scores a beauty for Heerenveen, and what a time to score too! He was allowed to advance from his own half down the right flank, before he cut inside past a Zwolle midfield, and arrowed a piercing shot straight into the far top corner. Game on!

View attachment 257512van Anholt gives his side a glimmer of hope as we make it to half time.

45 mins: HALF TIME: PEC Zwolle 2-1 Sc Heerenveen

Can Heerenveen mount a comeback? It's going to be a tough ask without top scorer Uth!

46 mins: The second half kicks off!

51 mins:
Has Wout Brama escaped a red card here? He seemed to jump into the aerial challenge with his elbow and there was clear contact with van Anholt who went down like a sack of bricks holding his face. The referee deemed it to be accidental and hasn't even booked Brama! Controversial decision?

65 mins: It's a goal to Heerenveen! Halil Colak cuts inside from the left wing, plays a nice one-two with Veerman and places a delightful shot past the despairing goalkeeper from close range! From 2-0 down, it's now 2-2!

View attachment 257511Colak scores his 8th goal of the season.

72 mins: The game is getting tense now as neither side wants to throw too many forward in fear of being counter attacked. Sadly for Heerenveen, Bernardeschi's game is over as he seems to have pulled his hamstring. Youngster Namil replaces him. It's still 2-2.

80 mins: What a save! Viktor Noring may well have just saved his team from being knocked out here! Necid holds his head in his hands in disbelief! His header deflected off Declan John causing Noring to be totally wrong footed, but he stuck out his leg and flicked the ball over the bar. Insane improvisation by the man between the sticks!

86 mins: I do not believe it. It's 3-2 to Heerenveen! Halil Colak is on hand to turn in the rebound from a ferocious Duarte free kick and he has just won the semi final for Heerenveen! You cannot write scripts like this!

View attachment 257510Colak sends Heerenveen into the final!

90 mins: It's all over! What a game! It's Heerenveen who march into the Dutch Cup Final! Unbelievable.

View attachment 257509
I'm so pleased with our comeback! Could we win the final?!

View attachment 257508
NAC Breda beat Feyenoord in the other semi final!​

Dutch Cup Final (26/4/2015)

View attachment 257503View attachment 257502
Heerenveen vs NAC Breda

Heerenveen are looked to win the Dutch Cup for a second time after the triumph in 2009. NAC Breda, also want to win the trophy for a second time!

Line-ups

Heerenveen:
View attachment 257501
Injuries have left Fabio Terzi in a dilemma with some young players forced into the starting XI. Bikel comes in at CDM and Gudmundsson leads the line.

NAC Breda:
View attachment 257500
NAC Breda have a pretty much full strength side going into this cup final.

1 mins:
Kick off here at De Kuip, in Rotterdam!

5 mins: Breda have enjoyed all the early possession and look quite threatening down the flanks. Sarpong's deep cross evades everyone but Nordfeldt decided he had to tip it over the bar. 0-0, and the first corner goes to Breda.

21 mins: Heerenveen have grown into the game and captain Morten de Roon's long shot is well held by the NAC keeper.

33 mins:
It's a goal! Albert Gudmundsson, the youngster fires the ball past van der Maaten to give Heerenveen the lead! He made great contact with the ball as it was slid in to him low and hard from Colak. 1-0!

View attachment 257499Gudmundsson passionately celebrates his second goal of the season.

44 mins: As we approach half time, NAC are piling on the pressure and forcing the Heerenveen defence into silly mistakes, leading to unnecessary corners and free kicks. It remains, however, 1-0.

45 mins: HALF TIME: Heerenveen 1-0 NAC Breda

Pundit Analysis:

Clarence Seedorf - "Heerenveen have defended admirably today, but they need to keep the ball better in the centre of the park. If they carry on giving the ball away they will put themselves under needless pressure."

Dirk Kuyt - "This is exactly what NAC Breda did against Feyenoord in the semis. Keeping the ball, probing, and eventually finding gaps in the tired defence. It's going to be a tough second half for Heerenveen."

Clarence Seedorf - "Can they hold on?"

Dirk Kuyt - "Fabio Terzi may be a young, unproven manager, but I think he knows what he is doing. Maybe he wants to hit Breda on the break with the pace of Colak, but if they can use the width of the pitch to provide some rest bite, this could well be their day."

46 mins: The second half is kicked off by Heerenveen!

60 mins: Heerenveen are doing a good job at killing this game by forcing Breda into impossible long shots and passes around their defence that cause no danger. It's still 1-0.

75 mins: Heerenveen are just 15 minutes away from winning the Dutch Cup for the second time. This second half has been dull but a moment of magic from Breda midfielder Uros Matic sees his acrobatic volley tipped wide by Nordfeldt.

88 mins: Bikel goes in late and catches Matic. He's already been booked is this his game over?.. Yes.. Yes it's a second yellow, and a red card for young midfielder Janio Bikel. He's had a good game, but his dismissal is going to put Heerenveen under a lot of late pressure.

90 mins: FULL TIME! Heerenveen hang on to their first half lead and win the cup! The crowd flood the pitch and everyone goes wild! Breda couldn't find a breakthrough!

View attachment 257498
I'm delighted! We've had an up and down season, but I've won a trophy in my first season in management! Brilliant!

View attachment 257497
I had no idea! Great news for the club! Let's finish the league season with a good result!​

Final Game of the Season & Season Review

Heracles 0-1 Heerenveen (3/5/2015)

View attachment 257496
A nice way to end the season. Well done lads.

League Table

View attachment 257495
We end up finishing in 6th. I'm pleased as it is above our expectations, and along with our cup win, we've had a successful season! Still, a massive 30 points away from PSV!

Top Scorers

View attachment 257494
Top Assists

View attachment 257493
Most Clean Sheets

View attachment 257492
Contract Issues

View attachment 257491
The board are yet to offer me a new deal. I've had a good first season, and I'm surprised I haven't been offered a new deal already. I might have a look at the Job Centre, perhaps we could move on.​

Get them to Europe and leave, brutal ;)

Well, when you put it like that.. ;) I just think I've done all I can for the club, unless I stay for a long term project, which I don't want to do. If you get my drift?

So I've got my eye on a job. The manager role at Freiburg has come available. However, they have just been relegated. Is it worth the punt to take over and try and get them promoted?

View attachment 257483
View attachment 257482
It seems like they'd be happy to take us on. Any advice lads?​