Fabregas decides to leave in the summer

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 68
  • Views Views 4K

Billy

#THFC
Reaction score
Spanish newspaper El Mundo Deportivo claims this morning that Cesc Fabregas has decided to leave Arsenal and will re-join Barcelona in the summer in a headline article titled "Bye bye Arsenal."

The Spanish schemer reportedly made the decision after Arsenal’s defeat to Manchester United on Sunday and Fabregas has told close friends that six seasons are enough in London and he wants to return to Barcelona.

El Mundo Deportivo add that Cesc Fabregas had personally decided to push through the transfer unlike last summer where he left an exit from Arsenal in the hands of his agent Darren Dein. He believes he has given everything for the cause at Arsenal and is now ready for a more ambitious adventure.

Barcelona president Joan Laporta tried to lure Fabregas to the Nou Camp last summer but the move was blocked by Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger. The 22-year-old midfielder is contracted to the Gunners until the end of 2013/2014.

Laporta has now targeted binging Fabregas to Barcelona as his key project before he leaves office at the end of the season. The major stumbling block is expected to be the fee, the Spanish champions are willing to pay 40 million euros whilst Arsenal are looking for a fee of 50 million.

Fabregas, the current Arsenal captain, has been in irrepressible form in 2009/2010, scoring 14 goals and providing 10 assists in 26 appearances."

One of many reports from the Spanish media on the Internet.

Dare we believe?

arsenal will be partially screwed if he leaves, hes a massive part of their team

yeah its like taking Gerrard out of Liverpool, hes pretty much irreplaceable at the moment

His Dad was denying reports that Fabregas had already agreed to join Barce in the summer but he didn't refuse to say he would not end up there. Then all the Spanish press just twisted his words and said he was definitely going to sign. These reports have been going on for the last year and a bit, quite possibly going to happen but wont listen to these reports personally.

He wants to re-join Barcelona, and i do think he will leave in the summer, if not then i am sure it will be the summer after.

I tend to agree that the media blow things way out of proportion, but there is a lot of stories flying around Spain regarding this potential transfer at the moment.

Remember how everyone was adamant about Ronaldo not going to Madrid? He even said himself he'd stay in Manchester. Well we all know how that turned out.

What footballers say and what they do are usually two very different things.

He won't go. At least I hope not. As far as I'm concerned, if he leaves, we've bollocksed any chance of winning anything in the coming seasons. Yes we have Arshavin (a little quiet lately) and van Persie (injured), but without the main man Arsenal are nothing. He's irreplaceable.

its all bollocks barca dont have the cash

What about the trophies, the reputation, the players.

They've got more on offer than Arsenal have.

Be a good boy, Cesc - stay! (A)

He's already shown great patience with Arsenal, I think it is 50/50

To be honest I am can't see him going yet. Yet being the key word. He can still improve with Arsenal. When he can't improve anymore, he'll move to Spain.

By the end of the season it will be another Ronaldo Saga happening. Will probably stay for one more season and then go. Will be a loss to Premier league football.

If Arsenal don't win the league (which they won't now) then he'll leave.

I dont think he'll leave now. He has to compete for places in midfield with Xavi and Iniesta, two of the best midfielders in the world. He wont get as much playing time and he wont be nearly as important in Barca as he his as Arsenal. I think he'll leave when Xavi decides to kick the bucket

It's an odd one. The only way up is Barca or Real but would he be playing regularly enough?

There is no doubt Arsenal would sell though, If a decent offer did arise.

If he did go to Barcelona, I think they would play him fairly often. They would more than likely drop Xavi into that more defensive role but give him the freedom to roam, abit like Man Utd do with Carrick? I don't know but I do agree with Kris, Arsenal would accept if the right offer came along, but that would put massive pressure on Wenger to go and sign another creative CM that could do a job that Fabregas does.

How many times does he has to reaffirm his loyalty to Arsenal? It's getting absolutely ridiculous and the continued tactless pursuit from Barcelona and Real is just sickening. Enough to make you projectile vomit for weeks on end.

Don't know if Barca would agree or if he would want to leave, but could we possibly see a swap deal for Xavi with maybe some cash with it? Xavi is getting older now and Arsenal need experience.

Back