Fabregas decides to leave in the summer

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 68
  • Views Views 4K
I think it may end up like the Downing saga when he left and a young Johnson had his time to shine, I feel that Ramsey could live up to Fabregas's quality if played enough as he definetly has the potential.

Hes done well enough at Arsenal for the big teams to make large offers for him and Wenger never stops complaining about money so he may welcome large offers.

For those who mentioned that he probably wouldn't get a starting berth each game for Barcelona; I disagree.

I honestly see re-arrangements being made to allow the midfield to consist of Yaya, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas and Messi, with perhaps Iniesta joining Messi in the winger role. That is by far the most superb midfield you can dream of having, in my opinion. I get the feeling Barcelona would be willing to do whatever they can to achieve it.

At the end of the day, it depends on Cesc.. If he wants to go, he'll go, not much will stop that.

I cannot see Barca playing Iniesta in Henry's role. Henry and Messi are more inside fw's than Wingers. I cannot see Iniesta playing in that role.

He will get games at Barca, no doubt about it. Big teams play what 50-65 games a season these days. I would leave Arsenal for Barca if i was told i would get 30 games a season.

It's difficult to tell, he has come out and said there is no deal or anything but I'm sure his patience is wearing thin, Arsenal have been building this side over the last few years and they are not delivering. "Yet" is the key word but everyone has been saying that for the last few years in regards to Arsenal.

I hope for the EPL he stays because Spain has taken Ronaldo, Kaka, Ibra, Benzema, Xabi all in one season and it would be a real shame if we lost another fantastic talent like Ronnie

fabregas is the succesor of xavi for those of you that don't know. for spain and barcelona. so i think the only real time he would leave would be in the event that xavi was close to retirement and guardiola really needed him.
funny enough flamini actually thought he would dump barcelona formilan cause they were friends. lol
oh my gosh does any 1 remember a little fella by the name of hleb?!!!
man no wonder fabregas hasn't left. two of the top clubs in the world they disrespected his friends

i am a lifelong arsenal supporter and I think that if he leaves and Arsene brings in a no good replacement I will stop supporting arsenal as I can see Wenger selling him for 50-60m and brining in a 17 year old for 20p or not even signing a replacement like he done in Jan when he had about 30m to spend according to sources and didnt buy a replacement striker when we only had arshavin up front who has been in shocking form of late!

Boy I hope he doesnt go!

If Arsenal don't win the league (which they won't now) then he'll leave.

If thats the case, im sorry I really won't respect him as much as I do at the moment. I think he should help Arsenal to win the Premier League, and not just leave this project. We are still in the race, and I think we have a good chance, given our upcoming fixtures.

Xavi is 29, and Barca will need a replacement soon. Fabregas will be cheaper now than in three or four years time when they'll have to find a replacement for Xavi.

edit: Xavi turned 30 last month. Wiki ftw ;)

I think he'll be off soon. This summer or next. And while Barca will plead poverty, they'll be able to raise the funds for Fabregas easily. If Fabregas decides he's going, then all Arsenal can do is to negotiate the best deal they can. Much as it may be heresy to say, Arsenal may well need the cash to help out their finances too (the economy tanking has dented quite badly their projected plans to pay for the new stadium).

Last edited:
Like a few others, I think it's 50/50. It's like for the Spain national team, because the team is so good Fabregas won't be the star player and sometimes will be overlooked.

If he did leave I probably think he'll regret it, what with him probably not getting as much first team football.

I sure hope he decides to stay, even if it is just for one more season, we can't lost him.

If he does ever leave I will cry:'(

I personaly feel this deal will definatly happen. Cesc is a wasted footballer at arsenal he deserves to be winning trophies because he is that good and hes not doing that at arsenal. Will fit in at barcas team with a 3in midfield xavi, iniesta and fabregas and that looks deadly.

I personaly feel this deal will definatly happen. Cesc is a wasted footballer at arsenal he deserves to be winning trophies because he is that good and hes not doing that at arsenal. Will fit in at barcas team with a 3in midfield xavi, iniesta and fabregas and that looks deadly.

I wouldn't say he's wasted, although I'm not going to deny that he should be at a better club

If its not on Sky Sports News then i wont believe it :)
But i dont mind him leaving as long as we get the right money , if we sell him for 50+Million then im sure we can get someone who can replace , there wont be anyone as good as him EVER , but there are alot of quality players our there who you can buy :)

He will leave but not this year, Once Barca make a formal approach, and I see it on Sky Sports, then he will go

If its not on Sky Sports News then i wont believe it :)
But i dont mind him leaving as long as we get the right money , if we sell him for 50+Million then im sure we can get someone who can replace , there wont be anyone as good as him EVER , but there are alot of quality players our there who you can buy :)

And if Fabregas does go and we do get that amount of money, then let's hope Wenger will actually buy a quality player with it, knowing him he'll be reluctant.. But seen as this would be an extreme case hopefully he'll change his policy..

A player of his standard could play for any club in the world, he will want to win trophies before he retires and at the moment arsenal are not winning anything so it would not surprise me too see him go in the summer, and im an arsenal fan!

hello, everyone. This is my first post. I was a FIFA avid but over the last 2 years I was doing more "Managing" then actual playing because the gameplay became so bad on PC.

My 2 cents on thsi being an Arsenal fan.

#1: 50 Quid isn't enough. Maybe 60+ Keita or Henry would probably be a decent deal. No way we are getting YAYA. I say Henry is a good deal because Arsenal need a Winger to Replace Nasri who would be moving hopefully permanent in the midfield maestro role. Granted he is not as good as Cesc but he could get the job done especially using the 60 Quid, Henry, + the 35+8 Million still left over from this years Transfer fees to sign 4/5 Good to Great players to get this team a cup run.
#2: I don't think he is leaving for 2 reasons.
- Its really not up to Cesc but up to Arsene and he has what 4 years left on his current contract.
- There is no room in the midfield. Xavi, Iniesta are still in their prime. It will be a few years before Xavi really starts to slip up. So I see Cesc in a Barcelona uniform in 3 years.

BTW... This story comes out every time Arsenal loses... Surprised it didn't come out this week even with Laporta stating they are not making a bid this summer.

Reports suggest that barca will use yaya toure in the deal. I believe this would be a great deal for arsenal cesc can be replaced but yaya is a player they have needed
ever since vieira left.

Back