Fabregas decides to leave in the summer

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 68
  • Views Views 4K
I can't see Xavi ever leaving Barca. His style of play also means he could just keep going and i do not think his performances would drop either. If you drop Xavi deeper then you have to take out Yaya and that is a horrible idea :(

Don't know if Barca would agree or if he would want to leave, but could we possibly see a swap deal for Xavi with maybe some cash with it? Xavi is getting older now and Arsenal need experience.

That would never happen, Xavi is still ahead of Fabregas in quality and he Barce through and through.

How many times does he has to reaffirm his loyalty to Arsenal? It's getting absolutely ridiculous and the continued tactless pursuit from Barcelona and Real is just sickening. Enough to make you projectile vomit for weeks on end.

Even though he has said he wanted to stay does not mean it is going to happen. What footballers say and what they are thinking is very rarely true, he wouldn't come out and say "yes I am going to Barcelona in the summer", it just wouldn't make sense. Ronaldo said he would still be at United at the start of this season and look what happened there.

will that mean an end to Iniesta's Barca career? there's no room for the 3 creative midfielders there or for Spain.

Even though he has said he wanted to stay does not mean it is going to happen. What footballers say and what they are thinking is very rarely true, he wouldn't come out and say "yes I am going to Barcelona in the summer", it just wouldn't make sense. Ronaldo said he would still be at United at the start of this season and look what happened there.
I'm sorry but that is Cristano Ronaldo talking. I think everyone will agree, not just Arsenal fans, that Cesc Fàbregas is a different mould of young man. He actually has integrity and I'm certain that even though he would probably like to return to Barcelona some day, his commitment to Arsenal as its captain is 100 %. We need to win trophies for him to stay and he understands that means that he needs to do his part.

I dont want cesc to leave hes amazing. I am wondering though he finds it dificult to get a game for Spain with the two barca men controlling the middle of the park me thinks same will happen at Barca not really sure where he could play. would say a swap deal would be likely.

Barcelona would never swap anyone. Not Xavi, not Iniesta, and definitely not Yaya Toure (although naturally defensive).

It's a bad deal for Arsene Wenger if he sold him.

Think about it - Would Sir Alex ever let Rooney go? Would Carlo Ancelotti ever let Terry go? Would Rafa Benitez ever let Gerrard go?

It's the exact same concept - possibly their most important players are irreplaceable.

the spainish press did this with ronaldo and fabregas has pledge he future to arsenal so he anit goin no were

hope he dont go but i understand his reason if he dose leave

I'm sorry but that is Cristano Ronaldo talking. I think everyone will agree, not just Arsenal fans, that Cesc Fàbregas is a different mould of young man. He actually has integrity and I'm certain that even though he would probably like to return to Barcelona some day, his commitment to Arsenal as its captain is 100 %. We need to win trophies for him to stay and he understands that means that he needs to do his part.

Completely agree that Fabregas is a different type of person, Ronaldo was a total **** when Fabregas seems a nice person. Arsenal need to win trophies and at the moment it seems like this will not happen. How many players would reject a move to the best league, best team, the boyhood team and of course a higher wage? That move would be very hard to turn down.

iniesta spends plenty of time on the left wing anyway.
henry is almost over the hill, so iniesta takes on the left wing role, fabregas and xavi in the middle with yaya behind, thats the dream team for barca right there.

i think he will go, especially as arsene is still releuctant to sign anyone established. he had the cash, the need and the opportunity to sign a striker in the last window and he chose not to. The decision to wait to get Chamakh on a free rather than pay 7million seems strange to me, especially considering for a month or so Arsene has had no recognised forwards fit.
Song is doing a decent job but they still lack a bosher to repalce Vieira. You could argue they need a keeper too.

Fabregas has been reported on a number of occasions as being unhappy at the lack of world class signings to take arsenal to the next level. So it wouldnt surprise me if he went home this summer

Ramsey looks a like for like replacement who obviously will take a season or 2 to develop, but in time i reckon he can be as good as Cesc. The only problem then is that arsene will say that they are a team in transition again.......... when will your team reach their peak mr wenger?

Completely agree that Fabregas is a different type of person, Ronaldo was a total **** when Fabregas seems a nice person. Arsenal need to win trophies and at the moment it seems like this will not happen. How many players would reject a move to the best league, best team, the boyhood team and of course a higher wage? That move would be very hard to turn down.
Absolutely, but to be honest he has now spent 7 years at Arsenal, so I'd say affection-wise it's about 50/50 right about now.

IS it just me or barcelona a bunch of *****?!!

trust me fabregas leaving is worse dan Henry nd it's the reason y his price tag is much more dan henry's eva was!!
the only people that can influence Cesc r his friends Pique nd maybe (i am not sure) Iniesta.

The more time he spends playing for the Spanish naitonal team the more people try to tempt him back home.

In addition he just recently became captain!! like he always says he wants to leave the club on a high.. to him it's just nor right to leave the people that made him what he is with nothing. Since his debut in 2004 he's spent 6 years at this club!! SUPA FAB!

IS it just me or barcelona a bunch of *****?!!

trust me fabregas leaving is worse dan Henry nd it's the reason y his price tag is much more dan henry's eva was!!
the only people that can influence Cesc r his friends Pique nd maybe (i am not sure) Iniesta.

The more time he spends playing for the Spanish naitonal team the more people try to tempt him back home.

In addition he just recently became captain!! like he always says he wants to leave the club on a high.. to him it's just nor right to leave the people that made him what he is with nothing. Since his debut in 2004 he's spent 6 years at this club!! SUPA FAB!

please use 'proper english' rather than 'dan' 'nd' 'eva' etc

For those who mentioned that he probably wouldn't get a starting berth each game for Barcelona; I disagree.

I honestly see re-arrangements being made to allow the midfield to consist of Yaya, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas and Messi, with perhaps Iniesta joining Messi in the winger role. That is by far the most superb midfield you can dream of having, in my opinion. I get the feeling Barcelona would be willing to do whatever they can to achieve it.

At the end of the day, it depends on Cesc.. If he wants to go, he'll go, not much will stop that.

Hes my favourite player i wont deny that, but if he wants to leave then he can go:'( Hopefully he will stay for another season or so. If i was wenger tho i would demand quite alot atleast 40m-50m+ since hes our best player by miles.

Last edited:
Think about it - Would Sir Alex ever let Rooney go? Would Carlo Ancelotti ever let Terry go? Would Rafa Benitez ever let Gerrard go?

It's the exact same concept - possibly their most important players are irreplaceable.

Why not? It is about the player if he decides to leave or stay. Also, you gotta know that Ferguson let Ronaldo go, and he was worthy than Rooney is at the moment. I think Terry/Gerrard will not leave because they are almost in their maturity, but think about Fabregas, he's young and he can leave, even he is Spanish and he supports Barca. I wouldn't see him leaving, but he might leave. It will be an immense shot for us and maybe only a wonderkid can replace him.

just another pointless thread about fabby leaving without any accual evedence. when he goes im sure we will all know!

i think he will go in the summer. I hope he goes to barcelona as if he goes to madrid just be another wastest player at a club full of ******.

at barca be will become a better player/]

just another pointless thread about fabby leaving without any accual evedence. when he goes im sure we will all know!

I suppose in your opinion it's pointless, however the reason I created this thread was for discussion regarding a potential transfer as big as when Ronaldo left United for Madrid.

It seems to have sparked such discussion, so the thread served its purpose.

Back