Falling Giants of Football to bring back to Glory days

just about to say them...leeds, forest, derby

arsenal(6)

Leading towards leeds

---------- Post added at 03:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 AM ----------

4th challenge leeds
last one guys

Parmas a good bet. they had good sucess in the 90's and had lots of quality players....Baggio,Zola,Crespo,Cannavaro,Buffon,Thuram,Fuser,Frey,Mutu,Adriano.....

It would be nice to have that quality of players back at them again... :)

If you had Eredivise you coudlve done Ajax
Partizan used to be pretty big but you havent got that league either, or Croatia :/

I hope you didn't mean that Partizan is from Croatia..
If you say it out loud, you'd get your *** kicked :D

on topic.. St. Ettiene has a great squad, Lille also with Hazard, Rami and Brahimi (they played Euro Cup final on my save)

Last edited:
Parmas a good bet. they had good sucess in the 90's and had lots of quality players....Baggio,Zola,Crespo,Cannavaro,Buffon,Thuram,Fuser,Frey,Mutu,Adriano.....

It would be nice to have that quality of players back at them again... :)

Could say parma are the italian leeds

Preston North End are one of the most successfull clubs in history. They were considered the Man United of their day. Newcastle on the other hand were never a giant, Just a fantastic fanaticle fan base.

Leeds were true giants who have fallen from grace. Nottingham forrest weren't "Giants" as such. They were the beneficiaries of one of the greatest managers in history who did a lot for them in a short space of time. Their fall from grace was as quick as their rise.

Derby County are another great club who were huge in their day.

I hope you didn't mean that Partizan is from Croatia..
If you say it out loud, you'd get your *** kicked :D

on topic.. St. Ettiene has a great squad, Lens also with Hazard, Rami and Brahimi (they played Euro Cup final in1st season on my save)

have you played in french league? how is it?

Boavista definitely, were one of the top portugease sides but couldnt afford the new stadium they built, so they have gone down the toilet

I think Ill go with St. Ettiene lets hope I get some success

---------- Post added at 03:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 AM ----------

Need another one

Could say parma are the italian leeds

Nope,parma only paid sensible fees for players and actually made big profits on transfers.
What made Parma financially unstable was the collapse of Parmalat,the owners of the club...There a mid level Serie A team right now and have a few quality young players like Marco Rossi and Alberto Paloschi....

In game they have a Good chairman and finances arent too bad. TV prize money is much better in italy than france but if you choose St. Ethienne good luck with it mate :)

Nope,parma only paid sensible fees for players and actually made big profits on transfers.
What made Parma financially unstable was the collapse of Parmalat,the owners of the club...There a mid level Serie A team right now and have a few quality young players like Marco Rossi and Alberto Paloschi....

In game they have a Good chairman and finances arent too bad. TV prize money is much better in italy than france but if you choose St. Ethienne good luck with it mate :)

Still got one more and your making a good case Parma

1980-81 and 81-82 no european cups either
They challenged Madrid in 02-03, and it was a pretty tight race and then they got relegated if I remember correctly. Plus you can add a little flavor to it by signing only Basque players :) But yeah, not Giants per se. Apologies.

I'd go with Gladbach..
Once mighty club, now avoiding relegation every season..
Have great young players.. REus, Bradley, Bobadilla.. however, i don't know their finances..

They challenged Madrid in 02-03, and it was a pretty tight race and then they got relegated if I remember correctly. Plus you can add a little flavor to it by signing only Basque players :) But yeah, not Giants per se. Apologies.

It will be hard in La Liga there has only been 9 clubs crowned champions