Falling Giants of Football to bring back to Glory days

How about Sevilla not exactly giants but did beat barca in 06 euro supercup

---------- Post added at 04:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 AM ----------

Might pick atletico madrid just read about their golden age under Helenio Herrera

AM are pretty well established though. I hear it only takes 1-2 seasons to win Spain.

Someone else mentioned Torino earlier, but I thought I'd reiterate. They were are absolute super power right before WW2, they were the ones who knocked Pro Vercelli off the top spot in Italy. One of Italy's late 1930 world cup squads consisted ENTIRELY of Torino players except for one man who was on the bench.

They were the Real Madrid/Barca of their time.

Fiorentina, haven't won anything at all in quite a few years but still have a class squad, and a reasonably large transfer budget. In FM10 I managed to guide them to win the Serie A and the Italian Cup and come runners up in the champions league, in the first season. However we seemed to have a lot of either lucky, or just really good form games, such as 4 - 0 against Inter, twice, and then losing to them 3 - 1 in the next league game.

Nottingham Forrest , Leeds , Sheffield Wednesday , maybe other teams that been in the prem and fall down a few leagues like Southampton , Charlton etc....

Was going to suggest teams like that myself, all decent top flight teams over the last 20 years, might start a game like this myself.

You have also got crystal palace 3rd in about 1990, wimbledon (mk dons now) and norwich used to be a good side (sutton, fox, gunn etc) and not forgetting ipswich.

Also Real Betis and Tenerife from spain now in their second flight