favourite novels ?

xSNg6.jpg

that cover is so wrong in so many ways :D

Currently reading Lord of the Flies in English , doing my head in having to write about the establishment of order etc etc :mad:

My mom said I should read that, supposedely the Best book of the 21st Centuary, they have even made a Blockbuster movie (or are currently in production)

Have you read it Lee? really would like to read it... ;)

'Name of the Wind' is an epic read and the sequel is out in March apparently.

Also Joe Abercombie books are a very good fantasy read. Currently reading the second book - Before they are Hanged

omg, u don't know what a novel is ? :O

Did you know that gullible is written on your ceiling?

In all seriousness, anything by Milan Kundera. Also love A River Runs Through It. Zorba the Greek was a great one too, I loved it in college, not sure if I would like it quite as much this time around though.

Oh and how about listing them in written form instead of posting huge pictures of the book covers?

My mom said I should read that, supposedely the Best book of the 21st Centuary, they have even made a Blockbuster movie (or are currently in production)

Have you read it Lee? really would like to read it... ;)

Not sure if I'd say it was good enough to be the best novel of the 21st century but it's definitely worth a read. It's basically a very well told murder mystery, nothing spectacular but certainly keeps you gripped.

Kris has also read it and enjoyed it, he's also read the other two books in the trilogy as well. I'm yet to finish the third one.

Not sure if I'd say it was good enough to be the best novel of the 21st century but it's definitely worth a read. It's basically a very well told murder mystery, nothing spectacular but certainly keeps you gripped.

Kris has also read it and enjoyed it, he's also read the other two books in the trilogy as well. I'm yet to finish the third one.
great, will definately get them, haha, nah, she never said it was, she reads like a book every 3 days. It had the hype here in SA being so.... ;)

I'm not a massive reader of fiction but I always enjoy George Orwell books. I also like some of the cult books like On the Road - Jack Karouac (sp) A clockwork orange, and American Psycho.

In terms of Graphic novels, The Watchmen is excellent.

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.
Animal Farm.
To Kill A Mockingbird.
Lord of the Flies.
Archangel.

And my 2 favourite would be Catch 22 (Joseph Heller) and Fatherland (Robert Harris). Highly recommend both.

Sorry for sounding stupid , but is there a difference between a Novel and a Book ?

Sorry for sounding stupid , but is there a difference between a Novel and a Book ?

A novel is a book but it's a fictional story. A book can be about anything...fiction, non-fiction, cooking, sports, etc.

I have read all Stephen Hunter's books, but I especially liked the 2 below..

I like all Tom Clancy's books. Currently I am in Zambia because of work obligations and just before I left, my wife bought me his latest: Dead or Alive.

I liked The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings Trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien, I liked Alexandre Dumas' The Three Musketeers, Twenty Years After, The Vicomte de Bragelonne, and my all time favourite novel, The Count of Monte Cristo.

I also enjoyed Robert Louis Stevenson's Treasure Island and the Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

Don't read often, but recently I've read a couple of books; Dead Simple, excellent read, definitely a recommendation, and The Burning, so good I considered reading it twice. Just started a new on called Flight, not too bad.

Its a play but i really enjoyed death of a salesman.

Of Mice and men
The Silmarillion

Of Mice and men

Urgh, hated that book, my GCSE English exam was based on it.

My favourite book is probably what Lee said, although the whole trilogy of those books is amazing. Hard to pick the best one. It is sad that he died before his books were published because they're amazing.

I've read Birdsong and LOTR's trilogy which are tough reads but a great books once you get through them all. My favourite authors are Bernard Cornwell and John Grisham.