favourite novels ?

I read that for my AS English Lit, hated the course, but that book was a good part to it.

Thats where I read it to mate, Got me a load of marks on my Leaving Cert because I knew so much about the book.

Urgh, hated that book, my GCSE English exam was based on it.

My favourite book is probably what Lee said, although the whole trilogy of those books is amazing. Hard to pick the best one. It is sad that he died before his books were published because they're amazing.

I've read Birdsong and LOTR's trilogy which are tough reads but a great books once you get through them all. My favourite authors are Bernard Cornwell and John Grisham.

Same. We had to read Frankenstein, Of Mice and Men and animal farm for GCSE. All of them were pretty good but I'm not a massive reader of novels, I mostly read non fiction.

However my mum is an absolute nut when it comes to novels, so occasionaly I'll borrow one from her. Quite like a bit of Stephen King now and again.

I also began to start reading history books as i love history.

Red Storm Rising - Tom Clancy
Interview With The Vampire/The Vampire Lestat/Queen of The Damned - Anne Rice
The War of the Worlds - H.G Wells
Alien/Aliens - Alien Dean Foster
Sword Point - Harold Coyle
Third World War - General Sir John Hackett
Dracula - Bram Stoker

All great books to me and provided much enjoyment

Anything by Jack Lond really, Seawolf being my favorite.

Favourite texts

CATCHCOV.JPG
51sTao9Di1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
c9027.jpg

Worst novel ever

sebold-lovely.jpg

Animal Farm
100 Years of Solitude
A Clockwork Orange
The Road
No Country for Old Men
Norwegian Wood
Love and Other Near Death Experiences
The Man in The High Casttle

Catcher in the Rye was always one of my all time favorites, is it popular in the UK?

The Great Gatsby is one of my favourite's, for sure.

Great book! One of my all time favorites.

Atlas Shrugged any body?

Worst book/philosophy every put to paper.

The Good Earth - Pearl S. Buck
The Giver - Lois Lowry

The Giver was my favorite book in middle school. Read the Good Earth but was too young to understand it.

Animal Farm
100 Years of Solitude
A Clockwork Orange
The Road
No Country for Old Men
Norwegian Wood
Love and Other Near Death Experiences
The Man in The High Casttle

Great list, although I haven't heard of the last three. Have you read Blood Meridian? I haven't read The Road or No Country for Old Men but Blood Meridian was amazing and my friends say it was his best book.

All the Harry Potter books -
Lord Of The Rings -
The Hobbit -
All Quiet On The Western Front
Das Boot
The Red Badge Of Courage
The Grapes Of Wrath
The Wind In The Willows

1984...i am only 17 and i loved it....the writer was 40 years ahead of h
is time

I also began to start reading history books as i love history.

Bernard Cornwell's book are awesome. Fictional but based on historical events. His books on Britain during the anglo saxon period are amazing.

270px-Malleus.jpg

If you like history books. Get this. The Mein Kampf of the Witch-craze in the Early Modernity era.

Atlas Shrugged any body?

Ayn Rand is insane.

The Malleus Maleficarum must be a good read!

All Quiet On The Western Front is fantastic, and so is The Window in the Willows :wub: My dad read it out loud to me when I was 4 or so!

Great list, although I haven't heard of the last three. Have you read Blood Meridian? I haven't read The Road or No Country for Old Men but Blood Meridian was amazing and my friends say it was his best book.

I haven't read Blood Meridian, but I'll have to check it out. The Road is fantastic. Norwegian Wood is also a great novel a sort of mature coming of age novel based in the 60s.

My mom said I should read that, supposedely the Best book of the 21st Centuary, they have even made a Blockbuster movie (or are currently in production)

Have you read it Lee? really would like to read it... ;)

Not sure if I'd say it was good enough to be the best novel of the 21st century but it's definitely worth a read. It's basically a very well told murder mystery, nothing spectacular but certainly keeps you gripped.

Kris has also read it and enjoyed it, he's also read the other two books in the trilogy as well. I'm yet to finish the third one.

I've read the full trilogy and loved it. The first two are great and the third just brings them all together. The Swedish movie's are worth a watch too, even if it is cheesy.

I love the Catcher in the Rye, it's a popular novel.

I wasn't a fan of it to be honest. I thought it was a bit too emo. The boy needs to man the **** up and quit his ********!

Ayn Rand is insane.

The Malleus Maleficarum must be a good read!

All Quiet On The Western Front is fantastic, and so is The Window in the Willows :wub: My dad read it out loud to me when I was 4 or so!

Aww man :wub: My gran used to read that to me. I'm sure I had it on video too.

To Kill a Mockingbird hasn't been mentioned yet, It's hard to pick just one or two and stick them on the thread. Maybe best to make a similar thread to the Movie one where users can rate and update what they are reading?