Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

favourite novels ?

Reaction score
there are many (well my favourite books that I have read, fiction/non fiction etc etc).... I do enjoy my reading (sometimes)

The Hobbit (well and all the Lord of the Rings, but this was a Masterpiece)

All Dan Browns Books...

Currently reading...

read in the past:

Michael Chreiton - Author of Jurassic Park (this book though)

Wilbur Smith (South African, Just like JRR Tolkien if you never knew that :D) he writes alot about the Bushveld and the tribes/racial etc etc, very good books)

there are a few more, cant think right now..

Reaction score
****'s sake, what's with the ***** novels (aside from the Hobbit!)!?

The Count of Monte Cristo
Lord of the Rings
The Hobbit
War and Peace
Catch-22
Animal Farm
The Three Musketeers
The Hound of the Baskervilles
Robinson Crusoe
Anything by Jules Verne

Reaction score
People may think I'm sad but I don't read books, novels,magazines(excluding ****). **** I dont even read my textbooks

Reaction score

Lord of the Rings
The Hobbit
War and Peace
Catch-22
Animal Farm
The Three Musketeers
Robinson Crusoe
Anything by Jules Verne

Chrsit Chaz, did you just find a list of the most famous Novels and work your way through them? XD

Reaction score
People may think I'm sad but I don't read books, novels,magazines(excluding ****). **** I dont even read my textbooks
and yet u get bemused when u fail ur exams XD

Last edited:
Reaction score

Lord of the Rings
The Hobbit
War and Peace
Catch-22
Animal Farm
The Three Musketeers
Robinson Crusoe
Anything by Jules Verne
nice to see someone reading classics

my faves;
crime and punishment - fyodor doestyevsky
the wasp factory - iain banks
i'll read anything i consider a challenge or that will enrich my life beyond the drivel of dan brown, wilbur smith, jk frikkin rowling. i'm also into biography and non-fiction (art, history, quantum mechanics, sociology, philosophy) and cryptic crosswords

Reaction score
****'s sake, what's with the ***** novels
everyone has different tastes chaz, as the saying goes... "different strokes for different folks"
if we all liked the same things, life would be really boring, so hold back your comments in future bud!

I remember you mentioning you liked Black metal or something along those lines (i may be wrong) I cannot stand that noise... but I dont say its **** just because I dont like it, thats ignorant! and I know you are not.... :S

Reaction score
Chrsit Chaz, did you just find a list of the most famous Novels and work your way through them? XD
There's a reason people read them. And no, we usually had them all at home. I started off with the Flying Dutchman when I was 8 or so, and then worked my way through the classics. Just finished War and Peace and think I'll reread 1984 or the Count of Monte Cristo. The Count of Monte Cristo's my favourite book of all time :wub:

Castaway
Reaction score
Everyone should read 'The Trial' by Franz Kafka. Great book.

Fair play if anyones ever read war and peace. Such a wank book.

Reaction score
everyone has different tastes chaz, as the saying goes... "different strokes for different folks"
if we all liked the same things, life would be really boring, so hold back your comments in future bud!

I remember you mentioning you liked Black metal or something along those lines (i may be wrong) I cannot stand that noise... but I dont say its **** just because I dont like it, thats ignorant! and I know you are not.... :S
I can agree with them being entertaining (****, I even indulge in the odd fantasy book), but I wouldn't call them quality novels. At least you didn't mention Twilight (6)

Dracula is a good novel too!

Castaway
Reaction score
Heart of Darkness by Conrad is another favourite of mine.

Oh, and Oliver Twist. And Lord of The Flies.

Reaction score
hahaha, as I mentioned in my post, they are not Novels, they are books that I have enjoyed reading... I have read many more...

Shawshank Redemption, Shades, Catcher in the Rye, To Kill a Mockingbird, Animal Farm, Lord of the Flies...

Reaction score
Not sure if its a Novel or not but I have enjoyed reading Robert Muchamore's ; CHERUB series ,
I doubt it will suit many peoples tastes on here though ;)