Favourite/Worst comedian?

• Thread starter rosenrot
  • Start date
  • Replies 112
  • Views 7K
R

rosenrot

Who do you all like/dislike?

I can't say i have a personal favourite, but i do think Bill Bailey and Dylan Moran are quite funny people. I watched Russell Peters a couple of weeks ago for the first time on dvd, he's not so bad either i guess. lol :)

I don't think Russell Brand is particularly funny either, he's just annoying! lol. I can't think of anyone else atm though.

i like Russell Brand,Jimmy Carr,Billy Connelly,Lee Evans and Chris Rock

don't like Peter Kay who only hasd one set for EVERY gig he plays and Alan Carr because he is gay and i hate his voice

i love russell brand, mighty boosh people, jimmy carr - ive seen him live and loads of others

i HATE catherine tate - she is not funny at all , she has spent her life living off **** catchphrases and she is an embarrasment

i hate peter kay aswell , he has lived off the same material for about ten years now and he does it in every show he has ever done and uses it in every interview he ever does and hes jus a big sell out, i actually liked him at first but when you see him STILL releasing his bolton and top of tower dvds recently and he still uses the same **** craic off them when hes on something equally as embarrasing as paulogrady or somethin and then uses the same jokes on max and paddy or something you just realise how **** of a "comedian" he really is. phew

I can't say i have a personal favourite, but i do think Bill Bailey and Dylan Moran are quite funny people.

Watched a Dylan Moran show the other night, never really seen him before but he was great. :D

Bill Bailey, Dylan Moran, Jimym Carr, Frankie Boyle i like

I hate vic reeves who just tries to act wierd to be funny and it aint funny.
Russel Brand, nuff said
David Walliams, just acts camp and pretends hes gay when everyone knows hes a playa

Jack Dee for me, think he's absolutly brilliant, and Billy Connoly of course!

And no one can convince me that Peter Kay is funny...

think lee evans is quality..along with al murray...both quality....
i think peter kay was funny but he just uses same stuff over and over, i also dislike russel brand..what a waste of space...roy chubby brown can also be good to watch

I love Dylan Moran, he's by far my fav, I so want to see him live.

I've seen Ross Noble and Bill Bailey in te past couple of months and they were both brilliant-the amount of improv Noble does is great, and Bailey is just great, the way he uses music etc is class.

Dislike Alan Carr and Russell Brand, even though they can have their moments. Also like Jimmy Carr, and Paul Merton and Frankie Boyle on HIGNFY and Mock the week obv

Watched a Dylan Moran show the other night, never really seen him before but he was great. :D

lol! I'm glad you liked it. :)

He acts abit like his character Bernard in Black Books, you should watch that too if you haven't already he's quite funny in that. :)

i hate peter kay aswell , he has lived off the same material for about ten years now and he does it in every show he has ever done and uses it in every interview he ever does and hes jus a big sell out, i actually liked him at first but when you see him STILL releasing his bolton and top of tower dvds recently and he still uses the same **** craic off them when hes on something equally as embarrasing as paulogrady or somethin and then uses the same jokes on max and paddy or something you just realise how **** of a "comedian" he really is. phew

lol, do you feel better now after that rant? :p

Though i must agree, he does uses the same stuff over and over again, when i first watched the dvd live from Bolton Hall i did think that was hilarious like! :D lol

Yea same here the first time around i loved his dvd but then the more you see him you start to realise he just isnt funny and he just copied Lee Evans style of mocking things we do in everyday life

Jimmy Carr, Ricky Gervais, Russel Brand, Alan Carr are my favourites at the moment, agree what everyone has said about Kay, but he is still quite funny. Frankie Boyle is quite funny also (at Boro town hall early next year!).

Ricky gervais, and my favorate but im not sure if he falls into comedian bit but david threlfall (frank gallagher) is just awesome and so funny.

Hate russell brand

The only people I have seen live are Bill Bailey, Simon Amstell, Marcus Brigstocke and Andrew Maxwell at a gig at uni last year. Was rather good. Marcus Brigstocke was my face of the lot of them :)

i love russell brand, mighty boosh people, jimmy carr - ive seen him live and loads of others

i HATE catherine tate - she is not funny at all , she has spent her life living off **** catchphrases and she is an embarrasment

Agree with you sam...although the fact that you like Russel Brand saddens me deeply. He's the biggest bell-end i've ever seen on tv.:(

think lee evans is quality..along with al murray...both quality....

...roy chubby brown can also be good to watch

I've never seen any Lee Evans stand up. Not keen on his 'acting' in films though. Al murray is naff though!

Chubby brown is a bit **** as well tbh. All he does is swear and make '***** jokes' :zzz:

i dont particularly like brands stuff he does on tv when he is scripted and just doing stuff for the sake of it but if you see him ad-libbing or just talking naturally like on his radio show he is actually pretty funny, im reading his book too now and he is actually a pretty clever guy.

I don't like Russel Brand as a person but he is funny, was funny on Wossy the other week. Gervais is always a laugh on Wossy. Don't get what you mean by saying he isn't a comedian Brum?

I don't like Russel Brand as a person but he is funny, was funny on Wossy the other week. Gervais is always a laugh on Wossy. Don't get what you mean by saying he isn't a comedian Brum?

he means david threllfall, cos he's an actor, not really a comedian.

Ah yes i mis-read his post my apologies.

EDIT:

Want to add Steve Merchant, wouldn't class him as a comedian but a comedy writer maybe, a funny guy.

Frankie Boyle :wub:, worst hmmm Billy Connolly. 2 scottish people. It's a love-hate thing :D and I'm with sam on Catherine Tate.

Most off Mock The Week are funyn as ****. Mainly, Hugh Dennis and Russell whatever his name is. Not too keen on Parsons though. ******* cue ball.

ive got Dara O'Brains standup, not watched it yet, but i like him