FC Twente | The Road to Glory

• Thread starter Thread starter SammyJH94
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 138
  • Views Views 24K

SammyJH94

Reaction score

Hello all and welcome to my story wich will of course be with Dutch side FC Twente, im not very fimilar with this team so it should be interesting to see how things go, im hoping to push this club to becoming one of the best and i will be posting it on the forums so you guys can follow me on my journey, i hope this story will be as fun for you guys to read as it will be for me to play, anyway lets get started.

View attachment 251246
Pre-Season Summary
Overall Pre-Season had gone fairly well as i was more focused on having a better understanding of my team rather than the results, a few issues like squad size and a streched defence meant i had to do a few changes in the squad and bring a few players in, but with injuries occuring more times than i like means my small squad is even smaller wich isnt looking good as i feel i cant bring in a fair amount of players at the level i would like, i also made a big change to the staff as it was rather large with very poor staff and im working on bringing in a good standard of staff members. The only transfer i have made so far is Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain on loan from Arsenal and only the one player out, 40 year old Sander Boschker for 120K, hopefully i can bring in a few more players to ensure i have a stable squad size. Next month will be July and the start of my journey with FC Twente and it will prove to be a tough one with my first competitive game being the Super Cup wich will be a chance to win some silverware on my first season and also Qualifiers for the Champion Leauge. I know this first post wasnt the most exciting, was more an introduction for you guys, it will be more detailed in future posts, i hope you guys follow me as its your comments and encouregment that drives me on, any tips or advice that you feel may help is always welcome or any comments at all for that matter, thanks for reading guys, July will be up soon.
Sam.

Last edited:
I'll be following, just a little bit of advice would be the post is a little brief and it would be beneficial if you used smaller text and maybe give us a profile of FC Twente :)

View attachment 251307

Super Cup win on Debut

Double over the Dutch Champions

Good display in Champions Cup

July Results
FC Twente 3 1 Ajax -
Luuk de Jong(2),Chamberlain(1)

Zurich 1 2 FC Twente -
Rendla(1),Wisgerhof(1)

FC Twente 2 1 Ajax -
Chadli(1),OG

Player Of the Month
Although it was only 3 games i felt that Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain deserved player of the month due to his great start at the club and his effect on the Zurich game gave us a win, great start for him, hopefully he can perform well all season and be a great loan signing for the club and help lead us to glory this season.
View attachment 251315

August Fixtures
August will be a tricky month with two games i feel will be tought, the 2nd leg against Zurich will need a strong team to ensure they dont get any goals and also PSV will prove to be a exciting game away from home wich i hope we can get a results our of but after beating Ajax twice im confident we will be go out for the win. Thanks for reading guys, how do you think the layout of my story is? anything needed to improve it or make it better for you guys to read?, August will be up later today.

Last edited:
sorry mate, but that text and size looks horrible... it hurts my eyes...

Make the text smaller, and black. Centre the headlines too

1) take SS of the match results maybe instead of writing them
2) please use better fonts & text colour and aligment

Okay guys thanks for the feedback, will try and change August :)! Ive been centering the headlines but once i post it they go the they left?..

are you submitting, then going advanced and trying to make changes? messes it up sometimes!

1) maybe make a cool sig/heading for the top of each post

something like this maybe?
View attachment 251327

just submitting it and it all goes to the left, yeah was thinking about something like that, wow that ones pretty nice, did you make that!?

I found it and added the road to glory and the question mark :) lol

much better, just the writing is still too big, its the same size as the headings, you need to be able to differentiate the two :)

View attachment 251391

August

First leauge defeat away to PSV

Go crashing out the champions leauge at the hands of Lyon.

FC Twente will have FC Kopenhaven, Salzburg and Sion on Group L of Euro Cup .

Transfer window ends with 2 new faces at FC Twente.

Results

View attachment 251395

PSV 2 0 FC Twente

FC Twente 3 1 NEC
Chadli(2),Douglas(1)

Lyon 4 0 FC Twente

VVV 0 1 FC Twente
Luuk de Jong(1)

FC Twente 0 0 Lyon
Janssen Missed Pen

Transfers In/Out

View attachment 251392

Marcel de Jong - The Canadian left back cost 3.5M alot more than i would of usually paid for, only reason i bought him was due to only having 1 left back and having small numbers in defence, not my usually type of buy but will do the job.

Jelle Vossen - For 1.6M and only 22 with the ability of jumping straight into the first team this was a bargin in my eyes, might take some time setteling but i feel with a partnership of Vossen and Luuk de Jong my attack will be dangerous.

Player of the Month

This month it will have to go to centre back Douglas, the heart of the defence and arguabley FC Twente's best player and he showed why this month with great defensive performances, exactly what i expect and need from him.

View attachment 251397

Upcoming Fixtures

View attachment 251398

Let me know if you like the way i now set it out as i will be doing it this way for my first season maybe with a few tweaks throughout, thanks for the feedback guys, keep the coming!

Sam.

Last edited:

View attachment 251463

September

Unbeaten in last 6 games

4 points clear in Group L

Vossen finally ends goal drought after 13 hours of football, scoring 4 in one game!

Advanced through to the 3rd round of the Dutch cup

Results

FC Twente 1 1 Excelsior
Bajrami(1)

FC Kobenhaven 0 1 FC Twente
Luuk de Jong(1)

Roda JC 1 4 FC Twente
Chamberlain(1),Luuk de Jong(1),Wisgerhof(1)

FC Twente 5 1 Spakenburg
Brama(1),Chamberlain(1),Bajrami(1),Douglas(1),Verhoek(1)

FC Twente 3 0 RKC
Luuk de Jong(2),Chadli(1)

FC Twente 5 0 Sion
Douglas(1),Vossen(4)

Player of the Month

Has to go to Alex Oxlade Chamberlain, second time for him winning player of the month and he deserved it with a fantastic month getting a handful of assists and bagging in a few goals to, has been key to the attacks so far and hopefully he keeps this great form going.

View attachment 251466

Upcoming Fixtures

View attachment 251467

Big test coming up next month as our small squad will face a challange of many games with very little rest and if we beat in form Heracles it will move us 1st in the leauge , it will be a big test to see how they deal with so many games in such a short space of time.

Last edited:
View attachment 251520

October

Chamberlain returns to Arsenal squad

size and injuries are big worry for FC Twente with key player Luuk de Jong out for 1 month

4 Points of the top of the table

Advance to 4th Round of Dutch Cup

Finally beaten after 10 games

Results

Heracles 1 2 FC Twente
Luuk de Jong(2)

FC Twente 1 1 NAC Breda
Luuk de Jong(1)

FC Twente 2 0 Salzburg
Vossen(1),Rendla(1)

sc Heerenveen 3 1 FC Twente
Bajrami(1),Fer sent off

FC Twente 3 0 Willem II (Dutch Cup)
Fer(1),Bengtsson(1),Luuk de Jong(1)

FC Twente 2 1 De Graafschap
Douglas(1),Chadli(1)

Player of the Month

Has to go to Luuk de Jong as he has been the main goal threat all season really and pulled the team through this month putting in top class performances and hitting the back of the net, shame he got injured at the end of the month, will be a very long month without him as he is out injured so hopefully it dosent damage his form to much and he will come back strong, but overall great month for him.  

View attachment 251521

I wont be putting up the upcoming fixtures as the next post is coming up very soon, cheers for reading guys hope your enjoying it so far!Sam.

Last edited:
View attachment 251522

November

Lost all 5 games this month

Injuries main problem for FC Twente

Games away from losing my postion as manager

Results

Salzburg 2 1 FC Twente
Vossen(1)

AZ 1 0 FC Twente

FC Twente 0 1 Feyenoord

Vitesse 3 1 FC Twente
Vossen(1)

ADO Den Haag 3 2 FC Twente
Chadli(1),Vossen(1)

Player of the month

NOBODY!!

Upcoming Fixtures

View attachment 251523

Next month could make or break my rold as manager, hopefully the board give me a little more time as january is coming soon so hopefully i can sell/buy players.

ALright mate, great story!! thank you so much for writing everything out and not just relying on screen shots (my internet is to slow to look at the pictures :P) bookmarked this story and will be following the whole thing! :D just wondering 1 thing, how are you playing Vossen? on his report it says he plays best as a DF but when i play him as that he never scores, and he seems to be bagging the goals for you! :)

Hey thanks alot mate! Now you mention that ive just started playing him as a DF and it looks like he may actually score more goals haha! but i was playing him as an advanced forward before wich took him about 5-10 game to finally start to settle and start scoring, has he been playing much for you though? might have to just give him some time to settle in like i did, but i was fortunate to have Luuk de Jong on form while he just settled in basically but it is hard to figure him out cause he isnt very fast or very good in the air but he is a very good player and very determined! so just give him time and hopefully he should start scoring goals for you mate :)

I played him for 8 games on the trot then rested him for 2 and then played him for another 6 and he scored 1 goal and got 2 assists :P

Back