FC Twente | The Road to Glory

• Thread starter Thread starter SammyJH94
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 138
  • Views Views 24K
hmm bit wierd, well he actually started scoring all his goals in the EURO cup for me and still does, way more than he does in the leauge.

Nevermind, just sold him for 7.5m :D whens your next update? :)

7.5!? nice one, what season you on with him? and got about 2-3 coming soon mate.

Im in season 3, bought him for 2.8 in the 1st season :)

View attachment 251678

December

Finally won after 5 straight defeats

Advanced through Group L

Reached QF of Dutch Cup

Luuk de Jong on worrying goal drought

Hoping to do some selling/buying in January

Results

FC Twente 2 0 FC Kobenhavn
Wisgerhof(1),Cornelisse(1)

FC Twente 0 0 FC Groningen

Ajax 1 1 FC Twente
Douglas(1)

Sion 3 1 FC Twente
Rendla(1)

FC Utrecht 1 5 FC Twente
Douglas(1),Vossen(2),Rendla(1),OG

FC Twente 1 0 Sparta (Dutch Cup) (ET)
Vossen(1)

Player of the Month

This month it has to go to the club captin Douglas, he has been in great form all month and all season for that matter, picking up yet another player of the month he was solid at the back and also got himself a few goals from his amazing threat in the air.

View attachment 251679

Upcoming Fixtures

View attachment 251680

View attachment 251690

January

Back to winning ways with 5 straight wins

Luuk de Jong ends his goal drought

Through to the SF of Dutch Cup

Drawn Celtic in Euro Cup 1st Knockout Round (Want to hammer them as im a Rangers fan lol!)

2 new signings in for FC Twente

Results

FC Twente 4 0 PSV
De Jong(2),Bajrami(2)

FC Twente 3 1 Hercales (Dutch Cup) (QF) (ET)
De Jong (2),Bajrami(1)

NEC 0 2 FC Twente
Vossen(1),Douglas(1)

Transfers In/Out 

View attachment 251704
Rasmus Bengtsson/Wesley Verhoek - Both these players wanted to leave due to they were unhappy and i felt due to them both being first team regulars i cant take the risk of keeping them unhappy so a compined profit of 3M i felt that could help me with bringing players in.
Daniel Fernandes - Wanted to leave due to first team action but as he was my second choice goalkeeper i ignored his request but i was struggiling for money and Inter made a suprise offer for him so i felt it would be best in the situation i was in to take the money rather than keep a player that will never make it in my first team plans.

Denny Landzaat - Had one reason only to sell this player due to his age of 35 and as he played CM wich i already had 3-4 strong players he also was not in my first team plans for the future.

Roberto Rosales - Was in the Reserve team and i felt as he was a decent player loaning him out with a fee for some money wouldnt be the worst thing as again, isnt in my first team plans for the future.

View attachment 251703
Andre Paulo
- As Bengtsson wanted to leave i needed a solid CB and with a loan fee of 300K the Brazilian cente back looks like he will do the job until the end of the season, decent buy.

Juan Albin - Was trying again and again for attacking midfield players and couldnt get any as i was short of money but thankfully the board agreed to give me the funds to buy this player, wasnt really looking to buy him just loan as i felt at 2.2M he was overpriced, but as he can play ST and AML he will come in handy for the rest of the season.

Overall Transfer Thoughts

Overall i think its been rather poor with the transfers for January as i was hoping to bring in a few more players but with low funds i couldnt seem to get the players i wanted, almost all were loan offers, hopefully next season we can have better sucsess bringing in a larger amount of players as the squad size just simply isnt high enough.

Player of the Month

Has to go to Luuk de Jong, bounces of a goal drought of 5 games banging in 4 in 3 games, been quiet at times last couple months but seems to pull through and perform when we need the points most, solid month for him.

View attachment 251691

Upcoming Fixtures

(Cant get on FM to post the screenshot of next months games so ill leave it and it shall be a suprise for you all! ;) )

As its a few months left till the end of the season and its getting close at the top of the table starting next month ill post the table up so you guys can see the race for the title.

Fair play to De Jong for bouncing back like that!

View attachment 251954

Febuary

8 Straight leauge wins

Knocked out Euro Cup at the hands of Celtic

Board announce upgrade in Youth Facilities

FC Twente move to 3rd in the Table!

Results

FC Twente 3 1 VVV

Vossen(1),Albin(1),Douglas(1)

Excelsior 0 2 FC Twente

Vossen(1),Bajrami(1)

FC Twente 2 1 Roda JC

De Jong(1),Douglas(1)

Celtic 2 1 FC Twente (Euro Cup) (1st Leg)

Brama(1)

RKC 1 4 FC Twente

De Jong(1),Douglas(2),Rendla(1)

FC Twente 1 2 Celtic (Euro Cup) (2nd Leg)

Janssen(1)

FC Twente 6 2 Heracles

Fer(1),De Jong(2),Vossen(1),Chadli(1),Douglas(1)

Player of the Month

Has to go to Douglas yet again!, Running out of words to describe this big man, been amazing all season not only defending but scoring some amount of goals, will be hard to hold on to him in the summer as he has been a class act, super month for him.

View attachment 251953

Table

View attachment 251951

Such a turnaround, almost losing my job and sitting 10th in the table for 3 months we now fly up to 3rd with 3 points of the top! was going to settle for a top 3 finish but now with around 8 games left i want that title! do you guys think FC Twente can win it this year?

Upcoming Fixtures

View attachment 251955

Cheers for all the great feedback guys! and if there is anything you want to see like tactics or my squad etc just let me know :)

Last edited:

View attachment 251990

March

Knocked out Dutch Cup in Semi-Final

Defeat after 11 games unbeaten

Fall to 5th in Table after poor month

De Jong out for 5-6 weeks!!! :(

Very poor quality in youth intake (one pretty decent player who was AMC but i dont play with a AMC lol :(!)

Results

NAC Breda 1 0 FC Twente

FC Twente 0 1 Vitesse

FC Twente 2 2 sc Heerenveen

De Jong(2)

PSV 1 0 FC Twente (Dutch Cup) (SF)

De Graafschap 0 2 FC Twente

OG,Vossen(1)

Player of the Month

Although it was a rather poor month would have to go to Luuk de jong as he either scored or had a part in all the goals we scored this month and like Douglas it will be very hard to hold on to him in the summer., gutted he is injured as we looked like we could still clinch 2nd but now im scared to play the last 4 games..

View attachment 251992

Table

Upcoming Fixtures

View attachment 251987

That's so tight at the top!!! Crazy league!! Well done mate, bad luck about Luuk De Jong. Hope you can turn it around

That's so tight at the top!!! Crazy league!! Well done mate, bad luck about Luuk De Jong. Hope you can turn it around

Yeah its madness, teams like me and ajax just flew up the table, they actually got a new manager and after that they just flew up the table but it will be a scary last 4 games, will have to look to Vossen to stand out.

You can do it mate, keep it up! :)

Cheers mate! Hopefully haha! will be happy with a top 3 finish after the way the season has went and ill probably need a top 3 finish to keep my job, fingers crossed!

View attachment 252206

April/End of Season (2011/2012)

FC Twente Finish 6th in leauge

Under 19's Win the Leauge

Defeat in Euro Places playoff

Results

FC Twente 0 1 AZ

Feyenoord 3 3 FC Twente
Douglas(1),Vossen(1),Chadli(1)

FC Twente 0 2 ADO Den Haag

FC Groningen 1 3 FC Twente
Kuiper(1),Vossen(1)

FC Twente 6 1 FC Utrecht
Bajrami(4),Vossen(2)

FC Twente 3 1 Heracles (Euro Cup Playoffs)
Bajrami(1),Vossen(1),Albin(1)

Heracles 0 2 FC Twente (Euro Cup Playoffs)
Bajrami(1),Rendla(1)

sc Heerenveen 1 0 FC Twente (Euro Cup Playoffs)

FC Twente 2 2 sc Heerenveen (Euro Cup Playoffs)
De Jong(1),Vossen(1)

Player of the Month

Was a hard decision as both Vossen and Bajrami both had great months but it would have to go to Emir Bajrami, been close a few times this season for player of the month as he has played well all season for us bagging a fair amount of goals and assists but he stood out this month as the best player.

View attachment 252207

Table

View attachment 252208

Season Round up

My first season in charge was pretty poor in my opinion, it had its ups and downs and a dramatic ending wich we failed to clinch 3rd place and also failed to win the playoffs so no Euro cup next season, This in my view is bad as we will now with no doubt be losing key players next season and with the board already announced a budjet of around 3M for next season i dodnt feel its enough to improve the squad as much as id like but the main concern for me was to keep my job and im glad i have, next season we will have to come back stronger and be serious contenders for the leauge title, but first ill have to get busy in the transfer market to make some serious changes to this team.

Thanks alot for reading guys! wasnt the best season for me, hopefully it was exciting for you guys to read, next season should be much better, pre-season will probably be up tonight.

Last edited:
never seen such a small gap between 6th and 1st. Unlucky mate. Can you post player ratings for end of season?

Very very unlucky mate, better luck for next season! :D

Pre-Season

Transfers (Ins/Outs)

View attachment 252479

Ins

Fredrico Macheda/Jack Colback/Mathieu Peybernes - As i wanted to add more new faces to my squad these 3 have done the trick although Macheda is only here for 3 months, still good signing for the season.

Leandro Bacuna/Allan Nyom - Both these players im very happy to get for a very cheap price, both were unhappy at there current club and asking price has fallen dramaticly so i had to ****** them both up.

Max Grun
- Needed another GK as i only had 1 and this man fitted the bill as he is very similar to my starting GK so it will be interesting to see who stands out.

Anthony Derouard - The Frenchman is only 20 years old with still alot of developing to do, more of a signing for the future but will be given game time this season.

Emmanuel Frimpong - Wasnt really going to sign another CM but Frimpongs agent approached me and as he is only 20 ( i think) its a very good signing that cost me nothing.

Andreas Bjelland - I actually never sign this player, he has been joining before i even started with FC Twente so was a nice add to my defence.

Out

Dont really think i need to do much explaining for the players i got rid off, all of them werent in my plans for the future or either were pretty old and was time for them to leave the club.

Pre-Season summary

Overall i feel ive done what was needed during pre-season and that was add players to the club, im glad ive managed to sign more players this season rather than loan them but ill now start to look towards younger players between 16-19 as im always looking for players for the future, im happy with my team going into the season this year as with more players i will finally be able to rotate my team alot more and as im not in any other competitions apart from the Dutch Cup i will have all eyes focused on the leauge title.

Rushed it a little guys as im slightly behind on updates but nothing major and im not the biggest fan of pre-season, should have a few tweaks and changes for this season, nothing to major, next month should be up soon guys.

Last edited:
View attachment 252498

August

FC Twente start season brightly

Key players remain at club

Young Forward moves to FC Twente on loan

Results

NAC Breda 0 2 FC Twente
Kuiper(1),Bjelland(1)

Good Result for opening game of season away from home against a team we failed to beat last season and Bjelland scores on his debut :)!

FC Twente 0 1 FC Utrecht

Poor game, we dominated possesion and chances but a mistake from new keeper Grun gave them a win they never dererved.

FC Twente 3 0 Ajax

Colback(1),Vossen(1),Bajrami(1)

Another solid performance against Ajax as we brushed them aside with ease, always seem to have an easy match against them, hopefully it stays that way.

Sparta 1 3 FC Twente
Bajrami(1),Chadli(1),Frimpong(1)

Another solid away performance against a newly promoted side, dominated for most of the game, was nice to see Frimpong scoring his first goal too.

FC Twente 2 1 Hercales
De Jong(1),Douglas(1)

A good win against a side who have overperformed since my time with FC Twente, proved a tough game at home but a 78th minute header from Douglas ensured all 3 points.

Player of the Month

Has to go to Erim Bajrami for his concistency giving great performances all month for us scoring and assisting in most games.

View attachment 252499

September Fixtures

View attachment 252501    
September should be a fairl ystraight forward month for FC Twente with the biggest threat being the away game to Vitesse, will be a good chance to put "easy" points on the table to hopefully give us the edge early on.

So what you guys think of the new layout? more information then before, please give feedback as it helps me make it better for you guys.

Last edited:
Back