View attachment 264198

Manager of the Year

View attachment 264199

My Top 3 Players of the Season

1. Nacer Chadli
2. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
3. Marc Andre

Season Review

Well its been another great season, although my first two weren't the best im glad ive finally settled and have a very strong Dutch team at my disposal which have yet again done the double for the second year in a row, great season.

Aims for next season

As i feel we are now in full control of the league ill be planning on doing some changes over the summer with staff etc to have a stronger more experienced side that can bring a bigger challenge to Europe.

Thanks for all the comments guys! sorry about this season as it was on hold for a while and i feel the more ive gone on the less interest ive put into the posts and that's why im planning on changing a few things to the layout starting next season which will be harder as i don't want to copy any other stories to much but ill try my best to change some things to make it better for you guys.

So how did you guys think about this season? how do you feel about some changes? im also considering moving teams as i feel the Dutch teams don't get much interest on the forums and not many people follow/keep interest on this forum, what do you guys think about me maybe moving to a bigger/more known club?

Next season should start maybe tomorrow as ill be working on ways to mix it up a little to keep you guys interested and add more detail which may also mean there may not be updates as often as ill be putting way more effort in but it should be worth it, but that isnt a definate that they wont be up as often, anyway thanks for all the comments and i hope you enjoyed this season!

Congrats on the double!!

Looking forward to you're next step whatever it may be!!

I'd say move to a bigger club tbh, its an awesome story and all, but we don't know about the players or anything, so it would be cool if you did move, anyways still a good story KIU :)

I'd say move to a bigger club tbh, its an awesome story and all, but we don't know about the players or anything, so it would be cool if you did move, anyways still a good story KIU :)

Ah silly me, never really thought about that, but i was planning on doing a "meet the players" post, do you think that woul that would help and addind more details about the players to show there roles in the club etc. cause as its now 5 years down the line soon most teams will have players we don't know and thank you for the feedback :)

Ah silly me, never really thought about that, but i was planning on doing a "meet the players" post, do you think that woul that would help and addind more details about the players to show there roles in the club etc. cause as its now 5 years down the line soon most teams will have players we don't know and thank you for the feedback :)
yeah that would help and I'd say keep the story going, ONLY apply for big jobs like united, city, real madrid, milan etc. but if you get an offer from a good club e.g. Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle etc. then take it, but let them come to you :D

View attachment 264534

Pre-Season

Short Pre-Season for FC Twente with only 3 games

One new signing to add to the Squad with a few players shown the exit door

Results

FC Metz 1 2 FC Twente
Giovane,Andre

FC Twente 6
0 Standard
Bjelland,Chadli,Douglas,Bacuna,Giovane,De Jong

Vit. Guimaraes 1
4 FC Twente
Vossen,Milambo(2),Bacuna

Transfers

Out

View attachment 264536

With three first team players leaving this summer first player being Juan Albin who had a two year stay at the club not really making any real impact in the team and due to this i felt it was time to sell the player.

Roberto Rosales was another player who made no real impact at the club and with him unhappy about not getting any first team football he left on a free transfer which didn't bother me to much as we would of made about 200K max for this transfer but it dose only leave me with one right back which is a slight worry.

Finally, Amidu Salifu was never really able to break into the first team as my current centre midfielder are very very strong in there position and as he was also getting overplayed on rotation he was yet another player that i felt was time to sell.

In

View attachment 264537

With only the one new signing brought in so far this summer, this young 20 year old looks like yet another very promising player that could have a very important role and future for the club as he will be used in rotation i felt he was a very good signing and also due to Salifu's departure from the club.

View attachment 264538

I've actually got the capture of another very young player only 18 years old, right back Joao Barbosa but sadly he will not be joining until this time next year :(! But as i only had one right back i needed a right back and it should be worth the wait as he looks like a very good player but only having the one right back is a big risk that im willing to take as its my own fault i didn't see when Joao would be joining us.

View attachment 264540

Well guys hope your looking forward to the new season cause i am haha! but before i kick it off ill be posting a "meet the players" as ive never done one before, it should be up some time tomorrow!

Meet The Players

Goalkeepers

Max Grun - The big German is our number one goalkeeper having joined the club 4 years ago in 2012 for 1.4m he has gone on to make 91 league appearances for the club and has also been Runner-Up on 2 occasions for Dutch Goalkeeper of the year.

Sergiy Bogush - The very young Goalkeeper at only 19 was signed last year for 1.5m and was more of a transfer for the future as im hoping he will challenge Grun soon for the number one spot.

View attachment 264691View attachment 264690

Defenders

Nicky Kuiper - The left back is one of the few players who are still at the club from the start making 92 appearances for the club while under my management i regard Nicky as a very solid left back for the team.

View attachment 264695

Charles Fontaine
- One of the few highly rated youngsters at the the club, Charles is being labelled the next Manuel Amoros and at only 18 years old i feel he will be a very important player for the club, having joined last year for 2.5m from Arsenal he made 21 appearances in his first season at the club.

View attachment 264693
Allan Nyom - Being the only right back now at the club the Cameroon international has been a very good addition for the club ever since he joined for 550K he is now on his 4th season at the club making 84 league appearances, he also has made 48 appearances for his country and made the Runner-Up for African defender of the year.

View attachment 264696

Andreas Bjelland - The big Defender from Denmark is now on his 4th season at the club having made 81 appearances and scoring 3 goals he has been a big part of the defence at the club and continues to be.

View attachment 264692
Marc Andre - Possibly the brightest star at the club having joined 4 years ago for only 95K! this young man now still young at only 19 years old has made 40 appearances for the club and been nominated runner up for young player of the year last season, he will be a key part of the team in the future for sure.

View attachment 264697

Douglas - One of the longest serving players at the club as he has been here for 8 years, making 129 appearances and scoring an impressive 30 goals under my managment he has also been the clubs captain for four years and is regarded as one of the strongest players in the FC Twente line up.

View attachment 264694

Midfielders

Allan Nielsen - Being FC Twente's most recent signing this young central midfielder will be a backup player for the time being but looks like he has bags of potential.

View attachment 264698

Wout Brama - Being another long serving player for FC Twente Brama has played all his professional football at FC Twente making an impressive 271 appearances for the club in the 10 years he has been here, 139 of them being under my management, also being the oldest player at the club at 28 he has gone from first team slowly down to backup over the past 4 years.

View attachment 264699

Souza - Having joined the club last year for 900K for FC Porto the Brazilian has made 28 appearances in his time at FC Twente scoring 4 goals and making 6 assists, slightly underperformed the first half of last season but managed to pick it up and finish of strong.

View attachment 264700

Leroy Fer - Now been at the Club for 4 years Leroy has made 124 appearances scoring 22 goals and making 24 assists and the Vice captain is regarded as one of the clubs top players with his fine performances in the middle of the park.

View attachment 264701

Emir Bajrami - Been at the club for 6 years Bajrami has made 91 appearances under my management scoring 26 goals and making 19 assists but only really shining on the first season i was in charge as he has been beaten the last 3 years to the right attacking midfield position.

View attachment 264706

Leandro Bacuna - After joining 4 years ago for 450K Leandro has had his moments at the club having an outstanding first season at the club but slightly declined ever since as he hasn't been my number one winger so is used as a backup but i still regard him as a very good player, making 71 appearances for the club scoring 16 goals and with 29 assists i feel the 23 year old could still have a future at the club.

View attachment 264707

Ulf Saalbach - The 18 year old German is probably the least known youngster at the club having joined 3 years ago for 400K this versatile attacking midfielder has the potential to be a leading attacking midfielder for the club making 13 appearances scoring one goal and making 3 assists.

View attachment 264712

Nacer Chadli - Another key player for the team having joined 6 years ago Nacer has 116 appearances under my management scoring 40 goals and making 54 assists, i would say he is one of or if not thee best midfielder at the club.

View attachment 264709

Forwards

Rolly Milambo -
Another highly rated youngster we have at the club, this 18 year old joined alongside Marc Andre 4 years ago for 120K. has has went on to make 34 appearances and score 12 goals for the club and will definitely be an important player for the club in the future.

View attachment 264716

Jelle Vossen -
Now on his 5th season at the club 26 year old Jelle joined for 1.6m and he has gotten better each year becoming a key part of the team making 127 appearances in his time at the club scoring 59 goals and making 32 assists.

View attachment 264715

Luuk De Jong - Probably regarded as the best forward at the club the Dutch international has been at the club for 7 years and has made 110 appearances under my management scoring 60 goals and making 34 assists but had a rather poor last season only making 15 appearances due to injuries.

View attachment 264714

Giovane - Joined half way through last year for 5m to score 8 goals in 9 games, probably one of the best players ive seen on any fm save and id say in my eyes will become one of the best in the world, only problem will be holding onto him.

View attachment 264710

(NOTE:All appearances listed above are NOT overall appearances, league only.)

Last edited:
View attachment 265005

August

Super Cup showdown between FC Twente and PSV

Kevin De Bruyne Joins on season long loan

Shaky opening month for FC Twente

FC Twente draw a tough Group in Champions Cup with Barcelona, Benfica and Zurich

Results

FC Twente 0 3 PSV

Ajax 2 1 FC Twente
Milambo

FC Twente 3 1 AZ
Douglas, Vossen(2)

Vitesse 3 2 FC Twente
Giovane, Chadli

FC Twente 3 0 FC Utrecht
OG, Bjelland, Saalbach

Player of the Month

Has to go to Andreas Bjelland, not the best month for anyone really but he played his part in defence when called upon.

View attachment 265006

Review of August

Overall wasn't the best month but we did have very hard games away to both Ajax and Vitesse but was rather disappointing we were beaten to the Super Cup for the second year running, made alot of changes during the month as ive started changing the team around when we play at home to give the younger players more of a chance to break into the team and it seemed to work out as planned so far, also Goalkeeper Max Grun has been dropped due to his poor form at the start of the season and hopefully our young goalkeeper can relish the opportunity of some first team football, all in im not to concerned about the starting month as we are only 4 games into the season.

View attachment 265045

September

Positive start to FC Twente's Champions League group stage

FC Twente advance through to 3rd round of Dutch Cup to face Volendam

Results

FC Groningen 0 1 FC Twente
De Jong

FC Twente 2 1 Barcelona (CL Group Stage)
De Jong, Chadli

FC Twente 4 3 Sparta
Chadli, Milambo, Giovane, Bajrami

FC Eindhoven 1 3 FC Twente (Dutch Cup 2nd Rnd)
Andre, Nielsen, Bacuna

FC Dordecht 1 2 FC Twente
Giovane(2)

SLB 1 1 FC Twente (CL Group Stage)
De Jong

Player of the Month

Has to go to Luuk De Jong, good to see him playing well in the early stage of the season as he was unlucky to miss most of last season due to injuries but its good to have him back and playing well.

View attachment 265054

September Review

Was a rather pleasing month given last months results and was important we bounced straight back and we did that winning all our league games and got a very famous 2-1 victory against Barcelona! and a very solid draw away from home to Benfica and with all the players playing rather well especially the younger players it was a good month for the club.

Great stuff pal, good move getting De Bruyne in on loan!!!

View attachment 265289

October

Very solid month all round for FC Twente

FC Twente draw Ajax in next round of Dutch Cup

Rumours of around 15+ clubs targeted for takeovers including FC Twente!!

Results

VVV 1 2 FC Twente
Vossen, Bacuna

FC Twente 4 0 SC Cambuur
De Jong, Bacuna, Chadli, OG

Zurich 0 3 FC Twente (CL Group Stage)
Bjelland, Giovane, Milambo

FC Twente 4 0 sc Heerenveen
Fer, OG, Giovane, Andre

Volendam 0 3 FC Twente (Dutch Cup 3rd Rnd)
Vossen(2), Milambo

Player of the Month

Hard to pick out one player this month but it will have to go to Allan Nyom, played well as we have needed him to with him being in the right back and the club at the minute.

View attachment 265291

October Review

Easily the best month so far winning all our games rather comfortably without to much problems giving us a good boost to stay near the top of the table and to make this month end even better our chairman is looking to step aside and a wealthy businessman is looking to take over so hopefully all goes well and we become rather flooded with money to spend on players!

November

Training Facilities Upgraded

Consortium Targets FC Twente takeover and reveals if successful ill have no future at the club

Transfer Embargo announced for FC Twente

Results

PSV 2 0 FC Twente

FC Twente 3 0 Zurich
Fer, Bacuna, Andre

FC Twente 4 2 De Graafschap
Saalbach, Giovane, Bajrami(2)
(Bajrami super sub!)

View attachment 265292
Feyenoord 2 2 FC Twente
Bacuna, Giovane

Barcelona 7 0 FC Twente

FC Twente 4 0 Telstar
Andre, Bacuna, Giovane, Vossen

Player of the Month

Has to go to the young superstar Marc Andre, been solid all season and had a very good month.

View attachment 265293

November Review

Only real surprise of the month was the draw to Feyenoord which we could of done better , was dissapointing to get beaten off Barcelona by 7 goals but as we got an early sending off all we could do was defend, even bigger news though is the takeover for FC Twente which should be soon and if its successful ill be losing my job which im gutted about as its only me this could of possibly happend to...

Well guys since its looking very likely ill be losing my job im hoping to continue this save and try get myself a job but what league would you guys like me to move to? English? Spanish? or Italian?

english! You'll get a good job no danger, also we'll know all the players and **** :D

FC Twente manager Leaves post!

Well as you knew the club was in the middle of a takeover and it was successful but it seemed very likely i was keeping my job but with my luck i found out who took over had hardly any money and the club was slightly declining and as i got knocked out the cup and was sitting in second place in the table way of PSV ive decided to resign as FC Twente manager and stay on this save but look for a club with a higher reputation in a bigger
league and a bigger challange, many people may think ive been stupid to put myself out a job and not just wait but it seemed like the right thing to do and ill stick by it.

Hopefully it wont take to long to get a job offer as around this time of year alot are going, what league would you guys be interested to see me play in as im going to try and go for the English league.

Ill post a new link up soon to a new forum once i find a job, cheers for reading guys and hope your excited for the new journey ahead!

Back