• Views Views 24K

View attachment 252800

September

FC Twente with strong start in league continues

Advanced through to the 3rd round of Dutch Cup

Results

Roda JC 0 3 FC Twente
Chadli(1),De Jong(1),Fer(1)

Very pleasing performance as we keep up our good run away from home with a great performance all round from the players who were in full control the full 90 minutes

FC Twente 1 2 NEC

De Jong(1)

Was a rather suprising results and very fustrating as we couldnt take our chances and NEC scored a late winner to ensure all 3 points, should of been much better.

AFC 0 2 FC Twente (Dutch Cup)

Vossen(1),Albin(1)

Made around 3-6 changes for this game, was a solid performance with AFC never really looking like scoring but took us a while to get going with 2 second half goals.

Vitesse 1 3 FC Twente

Fer(1),Rendla(1),Bacuna(1)

Always knew this would be a hard game as Vitesse have been a tough team to beat, as we went 1-0 down in this game and pulled it back before half time we showed determination and desire to get all 3 points and managed to score 2 good goals in the last 10 minutes,good result.

Player of the Month

Was a hard decision with nobody really standing out bur Leroy Fer edged it for me, the 22 year old dutchman had a solid month , played well so far this season and hopefully he can keep it going throughout the year and coming seasons as he is only 22 and some player!

View attachment 252802

October Fixtures

View attachment 252803
Only stand out fixture for next month has to be the home game to the Dutch Champions PSV who are currently first in the leauge and on great form, the other three games i hope wont have to many problems and im confident it should be a good month of results.

Last edited:

View attachment 252828

October

FC Twente Move to 1st in the Leauge

Advanced through to the 4th round of the Dutch Cup

Unbeaten in 6 competitive games

Results

FC Twente 1 1 PSV
Chadli(1)

Was a even contest with PSV edging it on shots and ourselves on possesion, scored an early goal but failed to hold onto the 1 goal lead, no to dissapointed as PSV have been top class the past 4 months, good point.

FC Twente 2 0 Feyenoord

De Jong(1),Bacuna(1)

Dominated from start to finish but took De jong early into the second half to find an opener, was a solid win but bit worrying it took so long to get going with the finishing.

ADO Den Haag 0 2 FC Twente

Chadli(1),Vossen(1)

Was bit worried going into this game as i realised ive never beaten ADO Den Haag before so i expected a tough game but they never really turned up, we came out with goal in the 1st minute and the last to seal a win against a team we never beat last season.

FC Oss 2 4 FC Twente (Dutch Cup)

De Jong(2),Frimpong(1),Ben Khalifa(1)

With a few changes there was no real suprises, 4-0 up at half time and looking strong to come out second half and keep up the good work but we seemed to switched off and they clawed 2 goals back, still the win was most important but was rather dissapointed to lose 2 goals to a team of this level especially the way we have recently been playing.

Player of the Month

Has to go to the star man Luuk De Jong, was rather poor at the start of the season with a slow start but seemed to pick it up this month and hopefully he keeps up the good work and has many more goals in him this season, especially with a price tag of 21.5M on him for January shows he is a great player.

View attachment 252827

Upcoming fixtures

View attachment 252826

In my opinion next month could prove to be the hardest yet with 4 team all playing well and proved strong opponents last season. AZ also have a few games in hand wich if they win they could overtake us in the leauge, if we come out of next month with 4 wins from 4 we should be serious contenders for the leauge title.

Last edited:
Think this year might be better than last year if this form keeps up pal!

Think this year might be better than last year if this form keeps up pal!

Hopefully! feel like they are alot stronger with the new players and i can finally move the team though haha, really need players betwwen 16-19 though, hopefully the youth intake this year is as good as what yours was mate!, cheers for commenting!

View attachment 252890

November

First defeat after 7 games

Board give me extra transfer funds.... 60K (thanks alot that will help..)

Board announce Youth Facilities are finally upgraded

Fall back to 2nd in the leauge with ourselves and PSV currently in a two horse race at the top

Results

FC Twente 3 0 VVV
Fer(1),Bacuna(1),Frimpong(1)

Was a pretty solid home preformance from the team yet again going all out for the win and giving our opponents no chance to get in to the game.

De Graafschap 3 1 FC Twente

De Jong(1)

Was all done to a horrible first half not sure what when wrong, didnt really come out fighting for the win as we have done so far this season, played well second half with an early goal chopped off wich i feel could of gave us the confidence to get right back into the game.

FC Twente 3 1 FC Groningen

Vossen(1),Fer(1),De Jong(1)

Another team we have failed to beat last season, had a rusty first half with the score at 1-1 but with a few changes we came out second half and pushed for a good win, wanted Bacuna to score against his old club, he had a good game anyway.

AZ 0 1 FC Twente

De Jong(1)

Another team we have failed to beat last season and even failed to score against! feard the worst going into this game but we showed fighting spirit and edged it 1-0 in a very hard fought close game.

Player of the Month

Would have to go to new recruit Allan Nyom, the full back had an amazing four games picking up assists and 2 MoM awards, been solid so far this season and stood out above the rest this month, well Luuk De Jong cant win everymonth :p

View attachment 252887

Upcoming fixtures

View attachment 252889

Feeling fairly confident for the matches in December only one i feel may/should cause any problems is the away game to sc Heerveen as they have proved to be a hard team to beat for us but we showed a great win against AZ and i feel we can get 4 wins from 4.

Last edited:
Are you guys still following this? please let me know who is, thanks guys.

View attachment 253216

December

Unbeaten in 7 competitive matches

Advanced through to the quarter finals of Dutch Cup

Results

FC Twente 2 0 FC Zwolle
Bacuna(1),Chadli(1)

Dominated the game giving them no chance to get into the game controling the tempo of the game, they will have to count themselves lucky we only managed to score 2 goals.

sc Heerenveen 2 4 FC Twente

De Jong(4)

As i expected this would be a hard game have never beaten them so far and they knocked us out the playoffs last season, De Jong and the rest of the team played superb staying in the lead and taking there chances well, great win.

FC Twente 2 2 NAC Breda

Vossen(1),Douglas(1)

Seem to always have bad luck against this team, had the chance to go top of the leauge with a win here but threw away a 1-0 lead and found ourselves fighting to get back into the game, rather dissapointed after the recent form that we couldnt get all 3 points.

GVVV 0 1 FC Twente (Dutch Cup)

Bacuna(1)

Made around 7 changes and i had a strange feeling making so many may be a mistake and it almost was, scoring on the 82nd minute to wrap up this tense game.

Player of the Month

Although De Jong had a great month it has to go to Leandro Bacuna for his consistensy on the right hand side making assist after assist and for only 450K and 20 years old this young dutchman has much more to give to this club, FC Gronighen were silly to let him go.

View attachment 253215

Upcoming Fixtures

View attachment 253222

Should be a interesting month with 2 tough away games, first to FC Utrecht who beat us earlier in the season and the quarter final away from home against AZ, hopefully we can overcome both games to get good results.

View attachment 253228

January

Two new youngsters join FC Twente

Assistant manager Wim Jansen is sacked

Advanced through to the semi-finals of Dutch Cup

Unbeaten in 9 competitive games

Results
FC Utrecht 0 2 FC Twente
Bacuna(1),OG

Was expecting a hard away game but we came out early and dominated, having dry spells for periods of the game but took our chances to run out deserved winners, great result.

FC Twente 4 0 Sparta
Kuiper(1),Douglas(1),De Jong(1),Vossen(1)

Easy win as predicted against a poor side, 4-0 up at half time so i sent my youngsters on for some playing time.

AZ 0 3 FC Twente (Dutch Cup/QF)
Bacuna(2),Chadli(1)

Delighted with this away win, was the better team by far with both wingers cutting through there defence, great attacking display and deserve to be in the semi-finals.

Player of the Month

Has to go to Leandro Bacuna yet again! was world class this month dominating on the right hand side scoring and assisting, will be hard for Bajrami to get his postion back after injury, fantastic month for him.

View attachment 253229

2 New Prospects

Signed two youngsters from Genk and thought id show you them both, they cost a combined 215K.

View attachment 253235

View attachment 253238

Upcoming Fixtures

View attachment 253230

Another hard month with Ajax currently on our tails in 3rd will be by far the biggest ask as we must keep the pressure on PSV who are steamrolling everyone in there paths.

Starting next month ill post the Leauge table for you guys so you can see the race for the title!

Last edited:
View attachment 253426

February

Unbeaten run of 9 games ended at the hands of Ajax

Robert Roelofsen announced as new Assistant Manager

FC Twente hold onto second place in league

Max Grun out for 4-5 weeks

Results

Ajax 3 1 FC Twente
Douglas(1)

Took an early lead but Ajax kept pushing to pull it back to 1-1, was looking like a draw was on the cards till i was reduced to 10 men with 25 minutes to go and they pushed on for 2 more goals, very unlucky game.

Heracles 1 4 FC Twente

Vossen(1),Chadli(1),Bacuna(1),De Jong(1)

Was very important to bounce back after hard away defeat but losing an early goal here i thought it would all go down hill but clinical finishing proved to be the factor as we fought our way back into the game to run out easy winners.

FC Twente 2 0 Roda JC

Vossen(1),Bacuna(1)

Was actually a really hard game with Roda JC just couldnt get one past my goalkeeper who was amazing all game, manager to score a late goal to kill the game but it was very tense the whole way through, glad we got 3 points.

FC Twente 2 2 Vitesse

Vossen(1),Bacuna(1)

Was looking like we would run out winners against a fighting Vitesse side but they manager to score a lucky goal in injury time to ****** a draw from under our noses, poor result but fair play to Vitesse.

Player of the Month

Vossen and Bacuna both stood out for me this month but it would have to go to Bacuna yet again! had another great month scoring even more goals and making assists, 2nd top goalscorer for me now ahead of Vossen, hopefully he keeps scoring and putting on performances like he has done these past 2 months.

View attachment 253425

Table

View attachment 253428

Upcoming Fixtures

View attachment 253427

This will be the break or make month for my team with 6 leauge games all to play this month, hopefully we perform well in the away games, by far the biggest game of the season is away to PSV, only want to come away with something from that game as we must keep pressure on them, a loss there could lose us the title.

View attachment 253494

March

PSV Slipping away at top

Youth intake was shockingly poor

Results

NEC 2 2 FC Twente
De Jong(1),Chadli(1)

Was a pretty hard game with both teams going all for the win, could of gone either way but was glad we didnt lose the game.

PSV 5 1 FC Twente

Fer(1)

Easily the worst defeat ever on the most important game, PSV destroyed us and we got beaten by the better team with ease especially with my sub GK having to play and Vossen suspended it was always going to be a disaster.

FC Twente 3 2 AZ

Bacuna(2),Douglas(1)

Was another great game wityh both teams really wanting the 3 points, but a late goal from Douglas gave us all 3 points wich we really needed, great result.

Feyenoord 0 2 FC Twente

Vossen(1),Chadli(1)

Was looking to be a close game but as they saw a early red card we went on to punish them for it and ran out deserved winners.

FC Twente 3 0 ADO Den Hag

Chadli(3)

Comftarble victory against a weak team, great individual prerformance from Chadli, no suprises with the result.

VVV 1 3 FC Twente

Vossen(1),Douglas(1),De Jong(1)

Good result against a poor VVV side who didnt real pose any threat the full game and a vital 3 points at the last few games of the season.

Player of the Month

Was close between Bacuna and Chadli but id have to give it to Chadli, had a great month out on the wing creating lots of chances for the team and has been superb all season.

View attachment 253502

Table

View attachment 253495

Its looking unlikely ourselves or Ajax will now stop PSV from winning the league but my main concern is to keep winning these last few games and ensure we get 2nd place.

Upcoming Fixtures

View attachment 253496

I feel we should be more than capable to win our last 4 league games, only real stand out game is home against Vitesse in the semi-final of the Dutch cup which i would really like to try and win
.​

Ahhh so close mate!! If you don't get it this year then next year for sure!!

View attachment 253560

April/End of Season (2012/2013)

FC Twente finish 3rd in table

Knocked out on penalties of cup final

U19s win leauge for second year running

Results

FC Twente 2 1 Vitesse (Dutch Cup SF)

Brama(1),Bjelland(1)

Was alot harder than i expected with both teams creating alot of chances but we manager to run out winners in a game we played well in to get the result.

FC Twente 0 1 FC Graafschap

Someone we got beat.. we had about 300 shots and just couldnt seem to score any of them in what was a bitterly dissapointing game.

FC Twente 2 1 sc Heerenveen

Vossen(1),De Jong(1)

As they score an early goal i knew the game would be a hard one but they got an early sending off and it gave us the chance to go on to get the result we wanted.

FC Groningen 2 4 FC Twente

De Jong(1),Brama(1),Vossen(1),Bacuna(1)

Was actually a pretty even game although the scoreline says otherwise, share of possesion and chances we just managed to take more chances than they did.

NEC p 3 3 FC Twente (Dutch Cup Final)

Vossen(1),Bacuna(1)

How they managed to win this i will never know, was up 2-1 with 15 minutes to go and Douglas decides to score and own goal, we go into extra time and we take the lead and look strong to win the game but our defence decide to fall asleep and they score on 120 minutes....with the last kick of the ball and then somehow get a 3-2 win on penalties, shocking result we really should of won from the start but was an amazing game to watch, gutted we lost.

FC Zwolle 3 5 FC Twente

Ben Khalifa(2).Brama(2),Luuk De Jong(2)

Another exciting game we managed to win, didnt mean to much anyway as we had secured a 3rd place finish.

Top 3 Players of the season (My opinion)

1. Leandro Bacuna

2. Luuk De Jong

3. Douglas/Nacer Chadli (couldnt decide between them both)

Table

View attachment 253561

Season Round Up

Overall it was a pretty decent season, much better than last season wich was the main thing but dissapointed the last month proved the worst for the club losing the race for the title and crashing out the cup, we couldnt seem to compete with Ajax and PSV in many ways, a nice little stat wich i found out to was we only failed to score in 2 games this season, but next season i aim to add some more players to strengthen my squad and hopefully we should get even closer to the title, back in the EURO Cup wich is a good add for next season too.

Missed out on Champions League on goal difference :(

Missed out on Champions League on goal difference :(

Euro Cup may be better for next season mate, good chance of going a long way, just have to work on cracking psv, this league is crazy!

3rd in the League is very good and you should get some decent money from the EURO cup!

Good luck mate, this is a really good story!

3rd in the League is very good and you should get some decent money from the EURO cup!

Good luck mate, this is a really good story!

Thanks alot mate appreciate it! hopefully win something this year :)

View attachment 253705

Pre-Season

Transfers In/Out

View attachment 253706

Out

Andrej Rendla - Was always trying to sell him but never seemed to get any offers and as his contract was ending Helmond Sport managed to snap him up, not to bothred as i would of only lost out on about 400K and he never got a game.

Willem Janseen - Wanted to sell him since i started as he never gets a game and luckily a good offer came through for him.

Anthony Derouard - Although i signed him last season he never gets a game and was falling behing the likes of Vossen and De Jong so i felt putting him out on loan for some playing time will help him develop as a footballer

In

Holger Thiele - This young striker is going to be a start in the future, got him on loan for Man Utd just to add numbers in the attack, also tried to see if i could sign him but they wanted 8M

Steven Caulker - As for the past 2 years ive been wanting a FT Centre back i still cant find one so ive took Caulker on a 6 month loan who will be a good back up for my defence will he is here.

Amidu Salifu - Now ive made this signing it now completes my centre midfield with four players wich i feel is strong enough for the time being and this lets me focus on other areas of the field wich i feel still need imporving.

Pre-Season/Transfer Summary

Wasnt to bothred about pre-season results as it let me rotate my squad and get match fitness up also on the transfer marker big clubs such as Man Utd,Barcelona and Bayern all have offred for my 2 Belgium youngsters i signed from Genk who im hoping have more of a role in the team this season (i rejected the offers), as i only got around 2.5M to spend i was rather dissapointed as i had no luck finding any good players in the postions i wanted, due to this im now rather worried going into the new season as i feel the team hasnt really changed much from last season, may be a good thing... but i feel as PSV and Ajaz did amazing last season i really had to add more potential first team players and as i havent done that i feel last season may be like this one and with the Euro Cup also to compete in ill have to trust my bench/youger players a little more to start games.

Season Aims

As the board want Euro Qualification for next season i feel i can do that rather easily with not to many problems, but my season objective is to try and have a better run in Euro than we did last time and for the leauge i would of really like to push for the leauge but i dont see that happening with the way PSV and Ajaz are playing, if they drop more points this season though ill have a good chance.

Your board are a bunch of very tight people haha give him more moneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

Your board are a bunch of very tight people haha give him more moneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

i know mate its disgusting haha, Ajax just spent about 10M on players and PSV spent a fair bit too, will probably be alot harder this season, wait and see!

Last edited:
Back