View attachment 254708

December

Top Group A unbeaten

Drawn Valencia in the next round

Reach Quarter finals of Dutch Cup

Results

FC Twente 2 2 Braga (Euro Cup Group A)
Vossen(2)

Was a hard game in wich the result didnt matter to me as we had secured first place but we stuck in to pull off a draw against a good side, good game.

FC Twente 2 0 Feyenoord

Vossen(1),Chadli(1)

Dominated the full game in wich was a good win, bit worrying as we had 20 shots with only 3 on target.

Sparta 0 1 FC Twente (Dutch Cup 4th Round)

De Jong(1)

Thankfully not to many suprises this time round, few tense moments to try hold onto our lead but we managed to see it through and advance into the quarter finals.

sc Heerenveen 1 1 FC Twente

De Jong(1)

Was a rather poor game in wich sc Heerenveen had the upper hand most of the game and we ended up having to count ourselves lucky to get a draw, due to the points we are dropping the top teams are starting to get some breathing space at the top.

FC Midtjylland 0 4 FC Twente (Euro Cup Group A)

De Jong(1),Chadli(1),Bajrami(1),OG

This result actually stuns me as we got outplayed and we scored with all the chances we had, we go from 20 shots with 3 on target to 4 shots on target and 4 goals? none the less im not going to moan about winning.

Player of the Month

Has to go to Luuk De Jong, played well this month scoring 4 goals and making 4 assists and with teams rumored to swoop for him in January for 22M just shows his quality.

View attachment 254707

January Fixtures

View attachment 254706

With only 3 games next month the away game to PSV is by far the most important game so far this season, if we lose we are going to be out the title race and as we have struggled against PSV in the last few meetings we must get something out the game.

View attachment 254712

January

Roller-coaster month for FC Twente with Highs and Lows

Poor Decisions in the Transfer Market has cost me dearly...

Brazilian fever as FC Twente sign 3 Brazilians

Slip to 4th in the Table

Transfers

View attachment 254713

Out

Only the one player to leave and that was Frimpong as hes worse at making up his mind than a women, was also performing below average when i was playing him so i felt it was the right time to sell him on for a nice profit of 500K.

In

Coutinho/Edcarlos
- Both on loan till the end of the season, Coutinho will come in handy for both wings and has very nice stats, Edcarlos on the other hand is a centre back and while he is here on loan he cant even play! 170K down the pan! as apparently he can only play with 2 teams in one season so thats was a massive waste of a player who looked really solid.

Souza
- I bought this very very good looking Centre midfield as i had sold Frimpong, but like Edcarlos he also cant play this season due to the same reason, annoyed more at this one due to the fact i bought Souza and he wont feature in my team for about 4-5 months.
View attachment 254716
Souza's stats

Gaetan Charbonnier
- As i only have three forwards and one is out injured i had to get another, didnt really look into this signing very much as i was rushed due to the transfer window was closing, reports say he isnt very good but his stats in my opinion look pretty decent and he scored on his debut wich was a good thing.

View attachment 254715
Charbonnier's stats

Results

PSV 0 2 FC Twente
De Jong(1),Bacuna(1)

What a way to start the month against the Dutch Champions at there own ground in a result that fires us back into the title hunt, both teams played well but we managed to take our chances in a game that was vital to get something from, amazing result.

FC Twente 2 3 AZ
Chadli(1),De Jong(1)

Well after a great start to the month i cant say im suprised this has happend... we scored an own goal and somehow got 2 goals chopped for being offside, was a real gutting performance especially at home and considering the PSV result the game before.

FC Den Bosch 0 2 FC Twente (Dutch Cup QF)

Coutinho(1),Charbonnier(1)

Good to see my new signings on the scoresheet in a match were we dominated and ran out deserved winners to go into the semi-fianls.

Player of the Month

Has to go to goalkeeper Max Grun, played great in the 3 games especially in the PSV game as he was key in goal pulling of fantastic saves.
View attachment 254717

February
Fixtures

View attachment 254714

Does anyone know why the problem occured with my two new players? is that the rules for every player and ive just not known? or a my just so unlucky i get 2 players out of four who i cant even use, it seems though that they can both feature in the Euro Cup but nothing else....

Thanks for all the feedback lately to guys, i appreciate it so much as it makes me want to keep the story going! keep the comments coming :)

Last edited:
Souza looks really good, i dont know why he cant play haha brilliant result against PSV!

View attachment 254763

February

Salifu hand in transfer request AFTER Frimpong was sold saying the reason was because (there are to many players in the team in his position and i didnt keep my promise to sell any...WTF!?)

FC Twente draw Ajax away in the semi-fianls of Dutch Cup

Euro Cup 2 match leg against Valencia proves to be a thriller

Results

NEC 0 4 FC Twente
De Jong(1),Bjelland(1),Vossen(1),Chadli(1)

Was a very good result against an average opponent, dominated the full game and took our chances, makes me laugh how they actually beat me last season in the Dutch Cup final...

FC Twente 3 0 SC Cambuur

Fer(1),De Jong(1),Chadli(1)

Another good win against an opponent we should we beating with no problems, good to see both my forwards on form at the same time too as it dosent happen very often.

Willem II 1 3 FC Twente

Vossen(1),Bacuna(1),Charbonnier(1)

Good result against another average opponent, created alot of chances and held onto the ball well to give them no chance to get into the game, they only had 4 shots and 1 on target and scored wich annoyed me.

FC Twente 6 0 De Graafschap

Bacuna(1),De Jong(3),OG,Douglas(1)

Ripped them apart, took our chances well and gave them no chances pushing the full 90 minutes to score more goals, was nice to see De Jong pick up a hatrick too.

Valencia 1 3 FC Twente (1st Knock-out Round)

Vossen(3)

All i can say is actions speak louder than words, went into the game very much on a high from recent form and i seen that Valencia are 12th in the leauge and very much underperforming wich gave me more confidence to get something from the game and we pretty much won the tie over one great away result in wich Vossen was top class.

FC Twente 2 0 FC Den Bosch

Vossen(1),Douglas(1)

Was a pretty annoying game as we had 13 shots with only 2 on target but thankfully the two on target happend to go in, was rather lucky too as FC Den Bosch scored twice but both were flagged for offside.

FC Twente 1 1 Valencia (1st Knock-out Round)

De Jong(1)

Valencia had the upper hand the first half but somehow couldnt score past Max Grun until he decided he would help them a little by putting it in his own net by himself to give them a chance, we pushed on and had a 50/50 share of possesion and chances in the second half and super sub De Jong managed to steal a late equaliser to secure a draw and we now advance through to the next round against Lille.

Player of the Month

Has to go to in-form Jelle Vossen who had a fantastic month scoring 6 goals in 7 games and creating a few assists, he is also the joint leading goalscorer in the Euro Cup with 9 goals wich shows he has been a big part of our team in the Euro Cup this season and been scoring alot more goals overall then he did last season.

View attachment 254761

March Fixtures

View attachment 254762

Probably the hardest month so far this season with hard games in Euro Cup and Vitesse who are very much on a high, but by far and i know i say this alot, the Ajax game is key to pushing for first place as they are first with 4 points in front of us so if we lose the game we have no chance of finishing first as there is no chance of them slipping up in the league.

As the season is coming to a end starting next month ill show you guys the league table witch is very very tight with the top 4-5 teams.

Souza looks really good, i dont know why he cant play haha brilliant result against PSV!

Its just my luck haha, Edcarlos who would of been on loan looked like a really good centre back too, hopefully i can get a win over Ajax and keep the hope of finishing first alive haha

You say it was your hardest month but it was probably the best! brilliant month! :)

really like the constant updates, you had a great result against Valencia should aim for semis at least :) keep it up

View attachment 254806

March

Crashing out of Euro

Yet another poor Youth intake

Reached the Final of the Dutch Cup along with Fortuna Sittard

Nine games unbeaten in the leauge

As Ajax drop points 1st place is now new hope for FC Twente

Results

Sparta 1 3 FC Twente
Vossen(1),De Jong(1),Saalbach(1)

Was a good game with Sparta coming close taking point of us but my youngster Saalbach came off the bench to secure all 3 points.

Ajax 1 1 FC Twente

Bacuna(1)

Was the most important game of the season to keep us in distance of Ajax and we managed to get a draw in a hard game, opened the scoring in the second half making them pay for a defensive error but they fought back to get an equaliser, was just glad we didnt get beat.

Lille 0 1 FC Twente (Euro Cup Knockout R2)

Bacuna(1)

Have no idea how we managed to win this, played rather poor and got a really lucky goal, Lille just couldnt finish there chances and we walk away with the upper hand for the second leg.

FC Twente 5 1 Vitesse

De Jong(1),Bajrami(1),Chadli(2),Vossen(1)

Had to come back from a goal down to get the result, played terrible the first half going in 1-0 down but with a few changes we looked like a totally diffrent side in the second half and ran out deserved winners in the end.

FC Twente 0 5 Lille (Euro Cup Knockout R2)

Knew this would of been a hard game but im stunned at how they managed to get 5 past us and we couldnt even score, very poor result as i felt we could of done alot better considering recent form and the fact we were home, none the less this now lets me focus fully on the leauge.

Ajax 0 2 FC Twente (Dutch Cup SF)

Douglas(1),De Jong(1)

Amazing result against a very hard opponent, seem to always play well against Ajax and we knock them out the cup in an amazing performance from the team, hopefully we can win the Cup this year!

FC Twente 2 0 FC Zwolle

De Jong(1),Vossen(1)

As Ajaz had dropped points this was a must win, it looked like it may be one of those days were we couldnt find the back of the net but somehow we managed to score 2 goals in the last 3 minutes of the game to get the all important 3 points, great result.

Player of the Month

Has to go to our captin Douglas, leads by example with his great performances and key to our defence and arieal ability, key player for the club who yet again had a great month.

View attachment 254805

Table

View attachment 254807
Have the chance to go level on points if we win our game in hand and then its a matter of not dropping any points for the last few league games!

April Fixtures

View attachment 254808

Well with only 1 more month and 6 league games to go could this year be FC Twentes? how do you guys think this season has gone for them? do you think they can win the league!?

View attachment 254879

April/End of Season 2013/2014)

FC Twente U19s win leauge for 3rd time in a row

FC Twente Reserves win the leauge

So with the leauge very much up for grabs for both Ajax and ourselves and a Dutch Cup also up for grabs can FC Twente do the double and end the season on a high? lets find out...

Results

Heracles 2 4 FC Twente
Fer(2),Vossen(2)

So we managed to win our game in hand to go level at the top of the table with Ajax with 5 games left to go but Chadli got injured in the game and willbe out the rest of the season, its going to be a very interesting last 5 games..

Roda JC 0 2 FC Twente

Bajrami(1),Douglas(1)

A good win, looking solid at the back and took our chances to grab the all important 3 points, In other news Ajax managed to pick up three points in there game to stay top of the table on goal difference.

FC Twente 3 0 FC Groningen

De Jong(1),Fer(1),Coutinho(1)

Was another great performance from the team to ensure we got the 3 points and Ajax got beat 2-1 in there away game against AZ wich means with only 3 games left until the end of the season FC Twente are sitting in the driving seat!!

FC Twente 5 0 ADO Den Haag

Bajrami(2),Fer(3)

Was a solid performance against a rather weak side wich seen us win convincingly by a 5 goal margin and with only two games left we are one step closer to the title!

Feyenoord 0 2 FC Twente

De Jong(1),Milambo(1)

Was a very tense game with both teams creating lots of chances and young 17 year old Rolly Milambo came off the bench to finish off the game with a late goal to ensure all 3 points but unfortunatley Luuk De Jong picked up an injury wich will see him miss the Cup Final.

FC Twente 2 1 Fortuna Sittard (Dutch Cup Final)

Milambo(1),Fer(1)

With key players missing for this game it was looking like we should still get the result we wanted but we went down 1-0 early in the game and had a very poor first half and it was quickly looking like we were going to have a repeat of last year finishing runners up, In the second half youngster Milambo pegged us back to 1-1 and with a very shaky second half Fer scored the winner on the 90th minute to get the victory and the Dutch Cup!

FC Twente 1 0 PSV

Bajrami(1)

We won! in a tough game we only needed to avoid defeat to ensure that we would finish first but we got all 3 points and got our hands on the title!

Player of the Month

Has to go to Leroy Fer, Was amazing this month, scored the winner in the cup final and managed to grab himself a hatrick, has been a key player over the past 2 years and for his club and was key again this year to the teams sucsess.

View attachment 254881

Table (2013/2014)

View attachment 254880

Season Awards

Top Goalscorer

1. Kolbeinn Sigporsson
2. Dario Cvitanich
3. Artem Milevskyi

Golden Boot

1. Luuk De Jong
2. Miralem Sulejmani
3. Leroy Fer

Young Player of the Year

1. Elvis Manu
2. Amidu Salifu
3. Hasan Kilic

Goalkeeper of the Year

1. Przemyslaw Tyto
2.Kenneth Vermeer
3.Max Grun

Manager of the Year

1. Jan Wouters (NEC)
2. Art Langeler (FC Zwolle)
3. Andries Ulderink (De Graafschap)

My Top 3 Players of the Season

1. Luuk De Jong
2. Douglas
3. Leroy Fer

Aims for Next Season

Although we managed the Double im still not 100% with my team so next season ill be tweaking a few positions with players coming in and out, ill also try to focus on bringing more young players in. Another goal is to give the youngsters more of a role in the first team as ill have to try and put trust in them and this will help them develop faster and ofcourse defend my title wich im hoping we will win again next season.

Well guys there you have it we managed to win it in fashion taking right until the final game and we also got the Dutch Cup in the second try, did you guys enjoy this season? and thanks for all the comments i really do appreciate all the feedback.

Well done mate finally got the title!! Same year I got it with Bilbao too :D

Congrats pal

Dutch youth intake is always poor, even if you max out your facilities. It's because youth rating is very low for Holland, so always buy good youngsters early.

Dutch youth intake is always poor, even if you max out your facilities. It's because youth rating is very low for Holland, so always buy good youngsters early.

Ah that sucks, thanks for the heads up!

View attachment 255367

Pre-Season

Oxlade Chamberlain makes a return on loan for the season!

FC Twente focus on the future during the summer transfers

Transfers In/Out

View attachment 255368

Out

Nikolay Mihaylov/ Gaetan Charbonnier/ Marcel De Jong - Welll although all these players are capable of first team football i was confident they could be replaced rather easily with youn prospects/ more talented players, Goalkeeper Nikolay Mihaylov did want to leave the club as he wasnt getting first team football.

In

Oxlade Chamberlain/Abdoulayde - Both players come in on loan, Abdoulayde comes in as a back up for centre back and lets me play youngster Andre alot more feeling safer that i have a 4th centre back that can cover his postion and Chamberlain will do great in both left and right wing when needed, hoping he does as good as his last loan spell at the club and if so it will be a big year for him.

Sergiy Bogush - This young Goalkeeper was brought in due to Nikolays departure from the club, looks a great prospect for the future and at only 18 years olds this transfer was more for the future.

Charles Fontaine - Another promising signing at only 17 years old this left back will be breaking into the first team within 1-2 seasons, bit low on the stats but looking very positive on paper so hopefully with some playing time he will improve alot quicker.

Now for the big signing in this transfer market, as i was trying to secure players who were 18 years old max i needed another amazing young talent and although i had to splash out 5M for this 17 year old he is definetley going to become a superstar, he will be joining us on January, Giovanne.

View attachment 255370

Transfer Summary

Although i went more for Potential rather than Ability i feel the young players at the team are all more than capable of breaking into the first team wich is a good sign, although im in the champions leauge too i felt signing all the young players may be bad but realistically at this stage i wouldnt of been able to challange anywere near the later stages of the competition and as i got aroung 7M to spend it was a perfect time to get younger players in, only problem im having over the past 2 season with young players is there is no good dutch youngsters at all!! its so annoying cause soon ill have none in my team lol!

August Fixtures

View attachment 255371

Giovanne looks amazing! good luck for the season! :)

Sorry there hasn't been any updates in ages guys ive been real busy and im going away on holiday for 2 weeks in a few days so the story will be on hold for a while, sorry guys!

View attachment 261328

August

FC Twente lose out on Dutch Super Cup

Positive start to season for FC Twente

FC Twente Draw Man Utd, Schalke and Fenerbahce in Group B of Champions Cup

Fixtures

FC Twente 0 1 Ajax (Super Cup Final)

Was disappointing as i felt we could of easily won the game given our great performances in the past against Ajax but we got outplayed the whole game and they got the breakthrough in extra time.

De Graadschap 0 2 FC Twente
Chadli(1),Fer(1)

Great start to the season given the poor game in the super cup, dominated the full game and only criticism was that we couldnt score more goals but was happy with the performance overall.

FC Twente 2 1 Sparta
Vossen(1),Douglas(1)

Another good game were we had full control for the full 90 minutes and run out deserved winners.

FC Twente 5 1 Willem II
Vossen(2),Chadli(1),Milambo(1)

Excellent result with the squad high on confidence we took advantage against an average opponent to run out with 5 goals.

NEC 1 3 FC Twente
Vossen(1),De Jong(1),OG(1)

Another comfortable victory for the team currently looking very hard to beat.

Player of the Month

For the opening month of the season the player of the month has to go to Jelle Vossen who scored 4 goals in 4 leauge appearances this month starting bright for the season and can hopefully continue this run of form.

View attachment 261327

I will leave the fixtures for next month as the update for September will be up very shortly.

Last edited:
Back